PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Daves Golf Bag Bonanza!

Daves
22nd September 2016, 03:24 PM
My new Garage Club Rack means I don't need most of the "spare" Golf bags I have being using for storage. I will keep a couple, but I will see what interest there is before I decide which ones. I will list these on Gumtree in due course, but will list them here for a couple of days before I do so. I have forgotten where I got most of them. If you have dibs and want to evoke it, let me know.

All zips work, unless stated otherwise. And all bags also have the original Hood Cover, unless stated otherwise. PM me if you want more photos of a particular bag. Not really interested in posting bags, but happy to work with a buyer on an alternative arrangement.

It will take me a while to put them up in this post, so check back in a while. Any reasonable offer considered,
those I don't sell (or keep) will go to our Juniors;

Titleist Staff Bag in VG condition. This came from Ferrins and has only been used for storage by me. One small blemish, cosmetic only.

Adams Staff Bag in good condition;

Callaway Big Bertha Staff Bag in good condition;

No Name Micro Cart bag. As new, has only ever been used for storage. I think I bought this from Golf World, as an alternative to a stand bag;

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt115/Daves_2009/Golf stuff/IMAG0175_zpstc2atrx9.jpg (http://s603.photobucket.com/user/Daves_2009/media/Golf stuff/IMAG0175_zpstc2atrx9.jpg.html)

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt115/Daves_2009/Golf stuff/IMAG0176_zpsihnuyrzq.jpg (http://s603.photobucket.com/user/Daves_2009/media/Golf stuff/IMAG0176_zpsihnuyrzq.jpg.html)

Daves
22nd September 2016, 03:33 PM
I will probably keep one of these Stand Bags, but I am not fussed which one;

Titleist Stand Bag in very good condition; Sold

Adidas Stand Bag in very good condition;

Daves
22nd September 2016, 03:39 PM
A few as new Cart bags. They have only been used for storage. I will keep one as my next game bag, but again am not greatly fussed which one;

Taylormade Cart Bag;

Cleveland Cart Bag;

Sun Mountain MCB Cart Bag;

Doofus
22nd September 2016, 03:48 PM
Are you normal? Who has this many golf bags?

Daves
22nd September 2016, 03:52 PM
Used Cart Bags;

Cleveland Cart Bag in good condition; Gone to Cadets

Golden Bear Cart Bag in good condition;

Daves
22nd September 2016, 04:01 PM
Taylormade R7 Cart bag in good condition;

Stonehaven Cart Bag in good condition; Gone to Cadets

rick3003
22nd September 2016, 04:05 PM
How much for the White titleist bag? Also where r u located?

Daves
22nd September 2016, 04:08 PM
How much for the White titleist bag? Also where r u located?

I am in Brisbane Rick. I don't want to post, but if you can get it to Sydney some other way, make me an offer.

3Puttpete
22nd September 2016, 04:14 PM
I'll roshambo you for the Sun Mountain MCB Cart Bag if I get to go first.

Daves
22nd September 2016, 04:23 PM
I'll roshambo you for the Sun Mountain MCB Cart Bag if I get to go first.

To put it bluntly, I am not wrapped in that offer, a little cut up actually.;)

rick3003
22nd September 2016, 04:34 PM
I am in Brisbane Rick. I don't want to post, but if you can get it to Sydney some other way, make me an offer.
All good mate

wazamac
22nd September 2016, 05:35 PM
Aren't they all left handed bags? :D

spanner039
22nd September 2016, 05:43 PM
GLWS but seriously is that 13 bags?

WBennett
22nd September 2016, 06:18 PM

He has to store his 20 sets of clubs somewhere

Ferrins
22nd September 2016, 06:25 PM
Is the Sun Mountain sold?

3Puttpete
22nd September 2016, 06:37 PM
To put it bluntly, I am not wrapped in that offer, a little cut up actually.;)

Well played but I meant the other one

Jazz18
22nd September 2016, 07:10 PM
Are you normal? Who has this many golf bags?

What's normal? I've got 10! :razz:

Daves
Well played but I meant the other one

I know you did.;) Have you seen Johnny English 2?:mrgreen:

Daves
Is the Sun Mountain sold?

No offers yet.

Daves
22nd September 2016, 07:17 PM

Correct, plus 2 others not listed.

He has to store his 20 sets of clubs somewhere
Double that and you are still well short!:oops:;)

dowdsy
22nd September 2016, 07:57 PM
Taylormade R7 Cart bag in good condition;

Stonehaven Cart Bag in good condition;

I have a full set of r7 irons, driver and hybrid to go with that bag if anyone wants to get nostalgic

Ferrins
22nd September 2016, 07:59 PM
No offers yet.

Wowser it should with reviews like this.

I am just working through my offer process atm

There are a quite a few aspects that I really like about the MCB. Firstly, it is very light. 2.8kgs including the hood is close to stand bag territory, and is much lighter than the typical 4.5kg+ cart bags. The quality of fittings are also excellent. Great quality zippers, with many pockets equipped with double zippers, and are a pleasure to use after the crappy quality Stonehaven bag I was using before.

The MCB name is a bit misleading and refers to the cart it was specifically made for. There is nothing micro about the amount storage/pockets it has. The 15 way divider is different to most and means a different approach to how you set up your clubs, but it works, and works well. I particular like the rubber liner/frame that helps to protect the clubs and bag. And the Putter Tube takes my putters with ease and is gentle on them. I have found most of the other putter tubes out there seem to knock my putter grips around in pretty short time. By my measure the top itself is 11" and the bag dimensions under the collar drop to about 9.5". I use Midsize grips and the dividers take them with ease. My putter grip is a 1" wide version and it goes in without a problem also.

The bag is relatively tall by cart bag standards, but fits fine on my Smoothy and Flip N Go buggies. The only issue I had with the buggies is its relative light weight means I need to allow for it in the way I balance the buggy, or it will be top heavy (handle end). This applies to the Smoothy. No issues at all with the Flip N go, it fitted like it was made for it, which is no surprise as the Flip N go is basically a copy of the Micro Cart. Where the MCB really shines in on electric carts. It fits into the bag holders easily, unlike a lot of the big arsed cart bags that are a struggle to get into the holders.

All the pockets are lined with quality material, and there are plenty of extra features in many of the pockets like mesh sleeves to house rangefinders, GPS etc. The bag is shaped somewhat like a saddle and the side pockets sort of hang like saddle bags on the sides. The mix of pockets is very versatile and gives lots of flexibility in how you can set up the bag. For example, whilst the lined cooler pocket is on the side (and work very well there), the conventional location is also quite workable. I put my frozen drink in a good quality plastic shopping bag and into the bottom pocket and it worked just fine as well.

dazza99
22nd September 2016, 08:30 PM

You guys obviously haven't been to Dave's place then? :)

billp
23rd September 2016, 07:08 AM
Hi Dave, what would you take for the Addidas bag? I am very partial to that brand, and have always wanted a 14 way divider.

Would you consider trading my Superstoke I have for sale with a little extra your way?

Daves
23rd September 2016, 07:56 AM
Hi Dave, what would you take for the Addidas bag? I am very partial to that brand, and have always wanted a 14 way divider.

Would you consider trading my Superstoke I have for sale with a little extra your way?

Hi Bill,

I don't need a Superstroke Grip, but happy to do a deal for you on the Adidas bag. How does $60 sound?

billp
23rd September 2016, 11:46 AM
Will get back to you Dave. Give me a day. THanks.

nadg63
23rd September 2016, 05:13 PM
Wowser it should with reviews like this.

I am just working through my offer process atm

There are a quite a few aspects that I really like about the MCB. Firstly, it is very light. 2.8kgs including the hood is close to stand bag territory, and is much lighter than the typical 4.5kg+ cart bags. The quality of fittings are also excellent. Great quality zippers, with many pockets equipped with double zippers, and are a pleasure to use after the crappy quality Stonehaven bag I was using before.

The MCB name is a bit misleading and refers to the cart it was specifically made for. There is nothing micro about the amount storage/pockets it has. The 15 way divider is different to most and means a different approach to how you set up your clubs, but it works, and works well. I particular like the rubber liner/frame that helps to protect the clubs and bag. And the Putter Tube takes my putters with ease and is gentle on them. I have found most of the other putter tubes out there seem to knock my putter grips around in pretty short time. By my measure the top itself is 11" and the bag dimensions under the collar drop to about 9.5". I use Midsize grips and the dividers take them with ease. My putter grip is a 1" wide version and it goes in without a problem also.

The bag is relatively tall by cart bag standards, but fits fine on my Smoothy and Flip N Go buggies. The only issue I had with the buggies is its relative light weight means I need to allow for it in the way I balance the buggy, or it will be top heavy (handle end). This applies to the Smoothy. No issues at all with the Flip N go, it fitted like it was made for it, which is no surprise as the Flip N go is basically a copy of the Micro Cart. Where the MCB really shines in on electric carts. It fits into the bag holders easily, unlike a lot of the big arsed cart bags that are a struggle to get into the holders.

All the pockets are lined with quality material, and there are plenty of extra features in many of the pockets like mesh sleeves to house rangefinders, GPS etc. The bag is shaped somewhat like a saddle and the side pockets sort of hang like saddle bags on the sides. The mix of pockets is very versatile and gives lots of flexibility in how you can set up the bag. For example, whilst the lined cooler pocket is on the side (and work very well there), the conventional location is also quite workable. I put my frozen drink in a good quality plastic shopping bag and into the bottom pocket and it worked just fine as well.

It is a quality bag, I owned/used one for a while, mainly on a Clicgear 3.0, and only sold mine due to replacing it with a different Sun Mountain bag.

Daves
23rd September 2016, 05:17 PM
It is a quality bag, I owned/used one for a while, mainly on a Clicgear 3.0, and only sold mine due to replacing it with a different Sun Mountain bag.

I bought 2, this one is my spare that has never been used. I used the first one for a couple of years and it was a great bag.

Ferrins
23rd September 2016, 05:54 PM
Where do I stick my crooked shaft?

Dotty
23rd September 2016, 06:05 PM
Where do I stick my crooked shaft?
Aussie Custom Golf.

shonofear
23rd September 2016, 08:20 PM
I bought 2, this one is my spare that has never been used. I used the first one for a couple of years and it was a great bag.

hey Daves, how much were you after for the bag? im on the SUnny Coast
cheers

Daves
24th September 2016, 07:51 AM
hey Daves, how much were you after for the bag? im on the SUnny Coast
cheers

$80.