PDA

View Full Version : Nunchuck Iron Shafts

wazamac
21st September 2016, 08:08 PM
Been looking around for some graphite shafts.
Anyone hit the nunchuck iron shaft and what's the deal with the "one shaft suits all swing speeds"
I have a pretty low swing speed and was looking to go regular.

On their website they are $55 each (US I'm presuming)

benno_r
21st September 2016, 08:24 PM
MTB has them in his irons I believe.

I know a couple people who should have them. Gary Tozer at Aussie Custom Golf, and the lads at Retco on the Gold Coast.

I'll let you decide who to call and discuss. I haven't hit them myself.

Cheers,
Ben

Captain Nemo
21st September 2016, 08:47 PM
If I could find a set of pulls I'd buy em in a heartbeat....

wazamac
21st September 2016, 09:05 PM
MTB has them in his irons I believe.

I know a couple people who should have them. Gary Tozer at Aussie Custom Golf, and the lads at Retco on the Gold Coast.

I'll let you decide who to call and discuss. I haven't hit them myself.

Cheers,
Ben

Cheers Benno,

Just intrigues me, as to the flex of them

Daves
21st September 2016, 09:09 PM
Cheers Benno,

Just intrigues me, as to the flex of them

I have used the Driver, FW, Hybrid Nunchuks (still have the shafts) and they work. They have been overtaken a little now I guess by low spin head/shaft combos that are available, but they do work asa described. I have a couple of the irons shafts, but have not yet got around to installing them.

3oneday
21st September 2016, 11:07 PM
I'm sure Gary could get them for you, hmmm, what could one do with $550!!!

Hatchman
21st September 2016, 11:37 PM
I'm sure Gary could get them for you, hmmm, what could one do with $550!!!
Well, he owns Jim and Paul money ��

markTHEblake
27th September 2016, 07:50 PM
I just picked up 9 x Iron shafts for $70 total - bargain.
Just keeping them for spares, I have 27 in total now :) obviously 13 of them are in my bag.

The problem with the nunchuks is hardly anyone knows how to fit them properly so they end up feeling horrible, and the punters will give them away. (see above) You just cant fit them like normal shafts because they are not normal. I only know of two people that have figured them out, Gary from Aussie Custom Golf, and Virge666 from Ozgolf.

I wont be playing anything else every again. They are just too good.

Captain Nemo
27th September 2016, 08:16 PM
I've got them exclusively in my 4 wood and hybrid, doubt I'll get rid of them...
I'd love to have a crack at the iron shafts...

markTHEblake
27th September 2016, 08:19 PM
I'd love to have a crack at the iron shafts
I can sell you 9 of them for $400
its a bargain.

Captain Nemo
27th September 2016, 08:20 PM
Since you got them for $70, lol!

markTHEblake
27th September 2016, 08:30 PM
They are worth more than $400 to me.
I was offering you a mates rate discount :lol:

seriously tempted to throw them on ebay, but I have a set of BeCu Pings here I might try them in

wazamac
27th September 2016, 09:17 PM
This is what intrigues me with a shaft like the Nunchuck. Is it the way you put them in that determines the flex?

markTHEblake
27th September 2016, 09:25 PM
no. they are one flex only.
and you only butt trim to fit,

most people make them too long, well the drivers anyway.
I am guessin the irons are less of an issue, because at just over 100g they are not an abnormal shaft weight.

markTHEblake
29th September 2016, 08:15 PM
I just bought an old set of Ping Eye 2 BeCu. just for the fun of it. Took the 7 iron (stiff steel shafts) to the range tonight to see what would happen swinging a non-nunchuk shaft for the first time for a while.
after 3 snap hooks, I have put it away, wont be doing anything silly like that again.

When I stepped up to the Nunchuk iron shafts, I really didnt feel any difference, and no need to get 'used to it' but when stepping back, Whoa!
Exactly the same thing happened with drivers, last time I tried a normal shaft I hit it off the toe, sideways along the ground :lol:.

I think that makes sense.