PDA

View Full Version : Is Schumi A Cheat?

McMw
29th May 2006, 11:25 AM
For those who followed the Monaco F1 - wadaya reckon???

I didn't see the qualifying session, but I read about it yesterday morning, and they didn't show the incident last night during the telecast, but they did point out where he had parked his Ferrari after he had set his time...

He's done at least 2 other "questionable" acts early on in career...

Pity for Rakki and Webber to both miss out due to engine blowout... :(

AndyP
29th May 2006, 11:30 AM
Don't need to see what he did yesterday to know that he "bends rules" and does anything to win.

PeteyD
29th May 2006, 11:35 AM
He pushed the rules too far this time. Got a deserved penalty. I wouldn't go as far to call him a cheat, but it was certainly unsportsmanlike.

connico
29th May 2006, 11:42 AM
unsportsmanlike...na his a cheat, he needs agood smack in the head, he cant keep on doing **** like thism while lying in bed last night watching the race, i was hoping he would crash.. :p

and i really enjoyed the driver cams, the track looks like the ps2 GT4, turn for turn, its freaking amazing now well that game was made.

Fishman Dan
29th May 2006, 11:46 AM
Don't need to see what he did yesterday to know that he "bends rules" and does anything to win.

How many of you saw it?

He clearly locked up coming into the 2nd last turn, and if he hadn't pulled up he was into the wall, albeit very lightly. He had to come to a halt or risk car damage, which no F1 driver will do willingly.

You may or may not know that F1 cars don't do reverse too well, so stalling isn't a surprise when he tried to grab the reverse gear.

Did he knowingly cheat? I don't think so. Did he deserve to be penalised? I think Webber's claims of impedence were justified, and therefore the penalty was fit.

Judging a multiple world champion over 2 career indescretions is ridiculous.

Ona
29th May 2006, 12:02 PM
Deliberate... Cheat.

Toolish
29th May 2006, 12:50 PM
Cheat...on board data indicated he was doing a very similar speed to the lap before, there was no reason for him to hit the brakes as hard as he did.

Off the top of my head...Rams Hill off the road in Adelaide, Runs Villeneuve off in Jerez, and blocks the track in qual at Monaco...anyone got others?

It is a pity such a great driver does this sort of thing as it tarnishes his whole record.

Choppa
29th May 2006, 12:52 PM
Ok, can someone give me a brief rundown of what happened, and why it was cheating?

goughy
29th May 2006, 01:02 PM
The basic version - he'd set a best lap time to get pole position. He then comes to a stop at one of the final corners in such a position that other drivers would have to slow down, thus not being able to better his time and knock him off of pole position.

Fishman Dan
29th May 2006, 01:17 PM
I don't think he hit his brakes hard, but if you look at the on-board camera you can see a brief lockup of the front-right. No puff of smoke, just a fraction of a second. Enough to keep him going towards the wall.

Regardless, Schuey ran a great race, but the course marshalls should be shot for keeping Webber behind Fisichella and some other pork chop for 2 LAPS WITHOUT A BLUE FLAG. This caused him to drop back from the rear wing of Kimi's car to about 5 seconds back.

Running in their dirty air caused Webber's car to heat up significantly, so when he was finally waved through the damage was done, temp was up and the engine gave it up. He was set for a big finish.

McMw
29th May 2006, 02:03 PM
did u like the commentators reasoning why there was no blue flag for Webber??? :lol:

Webber's car was still running pretty fast, so the same reasoning as to why both his and Rakki's car blew up didn't make sense to me...Rakki was behind the safety car when his happened...Webber's was at race pace...

McMw
29th May 2006, 02:07 PM
Ok, can someone give me a brief rundown of what happened, and why it was cheating?

Monaco is the one track where Pole Position is a premium!!!

In most cases, P1 goes onto win the GP as there is "really" only 2 spots on the track where overtaking can be done...the chicane after the tunnel, and the 45kmph hairpin...

so in Schumi's incident, P1 would have almost sealed him the win...barring any car or pitcrew faults...

Toolish
29th May 2006, 02:20 PM
did u like the commentators reasoning why there was no blue flag for Webber??? :lol:

That he was 'out of position' as such?

Makes a bit of sense, but Fisi was just using Alonso coming through to gain an advantage and forgot that he was lapped traffic!

As for DC, I thought he was better than that...

Fishman Dan
29th May 2006, 02:23 PM
If Shumi was on pole, he wins. He would have had a very wide car.

I didn't hear the commentators reasoning for the blow up, although i suspect Webber pushed it hard once he got the first blue flag. Either way, he was in dirty air for 2-3 laps and the needle would have been very high.

Kimi's explanation makes sense too - they aren't designed for low-performance and need air passing through them. I also noticed on some in-car shots there was quite a bit of cloud over the mountains, so it could have been a hot/humid day in down-town Monte Carlo.

Just seems that it doesn't take much for the Williams to explode these days.

McMw
29th May 2006, 03:07 PM
That he was 'out of position' as such?
Makes a bit of sense, but Fisi was just using Alonso coming through to gain an advantage and forgot that he was lapped traffic!
As for DC, I thought he was better than that...

their comments were that the marshalls couldn't believe a Williams was faster than a Renault!!! :lol:
that's why there were hesitant to throw the blue flag at Fisi...

Williams needs to pick up their act...Webber's too good a driver to be stuck with a crap car...so too Kimi...
it'll be good to see Kimi move to a better team next year...

how much of an ass did Coultard look at the podium in his Superman coveralls and red cape??? :mrgreen:

dc68
29th May 2006, 03:46 PM
Yep a cheat and a dirty Hun.

Fishman Dan
29th May 2006, 03:54 PM
how much of an ass did Coultard look at the podium in his Superman coveralls and red cape??? :mrgreen:

He's laughing all the way to the bank ;)