PDA

View Full Version : GolfSmith filed for bankruptcy today

IanO
15th September 2016, 02:40 AM
http://www.globalgolfpost.com/now/2016/09/14/golfsmith-files-bankruptcy

Not that I have bought stuff from GolfSmith for a long time, so it doesn't really affect me. I just find it interesting. Although I have heard that people thought that they had gone downhill over the past couple of years.

Jerrymoo
15th September 2016, 07:45 AM
So... Golfsmith has 20% off all bags today.

There's a bag I want, can't get it here in Aust... with the discount, exchange, delivery... price is pretty good, and cheaper than an equivalent bag here in Aust.

Worth the risk?

mrbluu
15th September 2016, 07:57 AM
So... Golfsmith has 20% off all bags today.

There's a bag I want, can't get it here in Aust... with the discount, exchange, delivery... price is pretty good, and cheaper than an equivalent bag here in Aust.

Worth the risk?
I assume if u pay via PayPal, u can make a claim thru them???

Daves
15th September 2016, 08:01 AM
I assume if u pay via PayPal, u can make a claim thru them???

ditto Credit Card.

Bankruptcy is a little different in the US. They have filed for Chapter 11, which gives them protection whilst the business is being sorted out. A little similar to Voluntary Administration here, but with a period where Creditors can't force any action. So there shouldn't be an issue in the short term.

You may need luck getting their website to work though! I could never get it to work, and their online/email help was just as useless.

3oneday
15th September 2016, 08:12 AM
You can get $25 off and low international shipping rates if you sign up today!

Jerrymoo
15th September 2016, 08:16 AM
Kk, let's do this.

Daves w/ the quality advice, too... one time he helped me recover ~$2k off Fergo via a chargeback.