Tee Time

7:56

Andrew
27th May 2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry, just realised I can't do Friday.

Disregard this post.

Andrew
27th May 2006, 10:37 PM
Actually, no; I've changed my mind again.

If it can be early, I would like a game on Friday. Don't care to much which out of those 4 we play.

Jono
28th May 2006, 07:10 AM
How about an early morning game at the Coast on Friday?

Grunt
28th May 2006, 12:34 PM
Will have to see how the week goes Jono, a few things have poped up since I posted the request.

Andrew
28th May 2006, 02:55 PM
How about an early morning game at the Coast on Friday?

I'm happy with The Coast. As long as you can blot out of your mind the abominations that are the 10th & 11th, it's not a bad little 16 hole golf course.

I'm happy to book 4 spots if everyone is happy with that.

Grunt
28th May 2006, 02:57 PM
Ok, I'm in. I will make sure I get what I have to do done.

Andrew
28th May 2006, 03:06 PM
Ok, I'm in. I will make sure I get what I have to do done.

4 spots are booked at The Coast for 7:56 on Friday morning.

I hope that is alright.

Andrew
28th May 2006, 08:18 PM
Who's playing on Friday.

1. Andrew

Jono
28th May 2006, 08:28 PM
1. Andrew
2. Jono
3. TS

Andrew
29th May 2006, 06:44 AM
Are we going to need more spots ?

Jono
29th May 2006, 08:44 AM
1. Andrew
2. Jono
3. TS
4. Grunt

Anyone else?

Grunt
1st June 2006, 07:05 AM
Hi all

I was bored and added a calendar entry for tomorrow just now.

Jono
2nd June 2006, 03:18 PM
OK. It was cold, windy, cold, and windy ... you get the picture. ;)

Despite wearing thermal underwear, 2 shirts, a vest, a sweater, and a bini ... I was freezing my balls off out there today. I don't know what amazed me more today ... Andrew hitting fades as his stock shot or the fact that he was playing in a short sleeve shirt. :shock:

Andrew played very well for his 35 points. With his duck hook now out of the picture, I can see him getting down to single figure handicap REAL SOON.

Tony and I played our usual grudge match, with me reminding him of the 8 stroke thrashing I handed out last time at his home course. I was hoping that it might throw him off his game, but he hung on to win by a stroke after being 5 strokes up at the turn.

Grant was putting great today ... Just stepping up and boom ... either in the hole or very close. A few times today Andrew and I commented "good putt Aaron (as in Baddely) ... compliment to his quick and decisive putting style. The rest of Grant's game was ... well ... he putted well today. ;)

The final scores:

Andrew 35
TS 33
Jono 32
Grunt 26

Thanks for the game gents. Good fun as always. 8)

3oneday
2nd June 2006, 03:21 PM
Grunt 26:smt052

Grunt
2nd June 2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah see my post in how dod you play for my thoughts on my game. Thanks for the game guys, Andrew played as solidily as he always does, Tony played well got off to a good start and had a little stumble in the middle to let Jono back into it. Jono, well he hit the ball well all day but was a slow starter with a 4 putt early on (Jono, I don't charge much for putting lessons), He hit his straps in the middle to record a birdie or 2.

See you all next time.

Grunt
2nd June 2006, 03:25 PM
:smt052

Matchplay brings out a totally different player in me. I will leave it at that.

Andrew
3rd June 2006, 10:06 AM
Grant was putting great today ... Just stepping up and boom ... either in the hole or very close. A few times today Andrew and I commented "good putt Aaron (as in Baddely) ... compliment to his quick and decisive putting style. The rest of Grant's game was ... well ... he putted well today. ;)

Grants putting was like Aaron's, unfortunately so was the rest of his game. :lol:

Andrew
3rd June 2006, 10:30 AM
Just checked my golflink. The course rating was 2 above par yesterday.

The Coast is not normally a difficult course, but the wind on the back nine was very strong. Even at the start of the round it was a 2 club breeze, but by the back nine it had picked up to a definite 4 club breeze.

Into the breeze (back 9) I hit my 16deg. recovery club on to the green 155m away. I normally can fly this club 200m+. With the breeze I hit an 8iron to a green I normally need a 4iron.

The ball oscillated quite noticably when standing over a putt on the more exposed greens. Grant had a ball start rolling on him, just before he addressed a putt, & Jono widened his stance to a point that he looked like he was trying to do the splits.

I left 4 or 5 shots out there, which was disappointing, considering I hit 9 greens in reg. & was there abouts on most of the others.

With all that considered, I must say, I love playing golf in those conditions. You have 10 options on every shot & it makes you constantly think. But most of all, it's just plain fun.