PDA

View Full Version : Socceroo's World Cup

Grunt
26th May 2006, 03:24 PM
Hi all

Just had a thought to myself on how far the Socceroo's will go in the World Cup?

What are everyones expectations of when they will be knocked out.

AndyP
26th May 2006, 03:27 PM
If they can pull off an upset, they might get to the round of 16, but the more likely scenario is not getting past the first round.

Jarro
26th May 2006, 03:40 PM
first round for sure .... they're up against Argentina aren't they :confused:

PeteyD
26th May 2006, 03:42 PM
With my vast knowledge of the roundball game I predict Semis!

AndyP
26th May 2006, 03:45 PM
first round for sure .... they're up against Argentina aren't they :confused:
Nope. Brazil, Croatia and Japan. All three have World Cup experience.

Fishman Dan
26th May 2006, 03:49 PM
But we have Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

Until he ditches us and goes to Russia...

connico
26th May 2006, 03:51 PM
australia will lose to brazil, draw croatia, bet japan, and hope for god that brazil takes everyone out, and the japan and croatia match will be a draw?

McCoy
26th May 2006, 07:29 PM
Should get a good indicator with the Dutch game coming up.
I think we'll put up a good show but I'm favouring a first round exit. We struggle with pace, and the Japs and Brazil will certainly have that. I'm worried about our midfield's ability to pass and hold the ball under pressure. Kewell has to be fit, if he is we're in with a shot against Japan and the Croats.
But you can't predict it, no one would have thought France would bomb so badly last time.

The first match is vital. If we beat Japan then it's game on, if we lose then it's game over.

Ducky
26th May 2006, 11:06 PM
I am predicting earliest possible knock-out for Australia.

Trung
26th May 2006, 11:34 PM
Our first game with Japan is make or break for us.

Brazil vs Japan (Brazil)
Brazil vs Aust (Brazil)
Brazil vs Croatia (Brazil)

Japan vs Aust (Aust)
Japan vs Croatia (Best chance for Aust is a draw)

Aust vs Croatia (a draw or win here should do the job).

Courty
27th May 2006, 07:54 AM
All you blokes put your money where your mouth is and get into this (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4869).

dc68
30th May 2006, 09:35 AM
1st round exit is my pick,but I hope I am proven wrong by the footiroos.

Matt 3 Jab
30th May 2006, 09:58 AM
hope we make it to the 16, might boost us a little, then who knows?

Courty
30th May 2006, 12:55 PM
Like dc68, I voted for "Won't make it past the group stage".
They have a very tough group to work their way through. Brazil are No. 1, Croatia are a former world power in a rebuilding phase, and Japan are not be underestimated. All these teams are higher than Australia in the world rankings. That does not mean Australia can't beat them, but it's going to take an immaculate performance from the Aussies to do so.
That said, I will be rooting for the Socceroos every step of the way and sincerely hope that they can get through the group stage.

brad
30th May 2006, 01:38 PM
I'm being a completely optimistic Aussie supporter and saying quarters. Although I hope they go further.

Courty - I've already donated monies to other pools and can't support another :)

poidda
12th June 2007, 05:27 PM
Well it is one year today since that Aussie v Japan game, so here's a little video from my mates phone. (This is the closing whistle of the Aussie v Croatia game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3vXDewtRtY

Moe Norman
12th June 2007, 05:32 PM
australia will lose to brazil, draw croatia, bet japan, and hope for god that brazil takes everyone out, and the japan and croatia match will be a draw?
nostradamous?

CobraSS
12th June 2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by connico

nostradamous?

Our first game with Japan is make or break for us.

Brazil vs Japan (Brazil)
Brazil vs Aust (Brazil)
Brazil vs Croatia (Brazil)

Japan vs Aust (Aust)
Japan vs Croatia (Best chance for Aust is a draw)

Aust vs Croatia (a draw or win here should do the job).

yeah him and Trung

mikezone13
12th June 2007, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by connico

yeah him and Trung

And half the Aussie population... was not rocket science to tip those. But well done none the less, especially if you had an accumulatior on it :)