PDA

View Full Version : Golf Pride MCC PLUS4 - thoughts

FuzzyJuzzy
5th September 2016, 06:08 PM
Gents,

Anybody tried these Golf Pride MCC PLUS4? I'm looking for a new set of grips for my MP-64s and am keen on some tacky Tour Wraps as they feel pretty awesome...even if they're not that good in the wet. I was told that the midsize Tour Wraps aren't available in blue (they've got to be blue because they're going on Mizunos, after all). I could just get two, maybe three papers under the standard size and have a similar feel, but then my pro shop mentioned these new MCC PLUS4 that aren't tapered like other grips have a thicker lower half than normal grips. Anyone used them? Thoughts? Thanks Folks.

FuzzyJuzzy
5th September 2016, 07:15 PM
CP2 Wrap in midsize are the go for me apparently, according to the glove fitting thing on the Golf Pride site...

Jerrymoo
5th September 2016, 09:56 PM
Fuzz... I use the MCC Plus4 Midsize, and I like them a lot.

I have them w/ +2 wraps LW to 3-wood, and +4 wraps on the driver.

Since making the change my grip pressure seems better, and I think I'm hitting it straighter now... left miss has definitely improved.

Downside... they're kinda expensive, a little bit squishy and not all that durable.

Worth a try, though.

BayBum
6th September 2016, 07:56 AM
I picked up one to try out.

I had some SM6 wedges made up & went with +5 wraps under Vokey TV's, which I think is 1/16th over, almost the equivalent of mid sized iirc ?

Have +3 wraps on my irons and the difference is night and day. I never thought 2 extra pieces of tape make such a difference.