PDA

View Full Version : Natural release

Aussiekev
5th September 2016, 09:11 AM
Is there a way to train yourself to have a more natural "loose" release.

I find at the moment my irons I am softer with them in terms of grip and not so stiff with the wrist hinge and as a result I hit them pretty nicely most of the time. 7 iron 150m and pretty straight, alignment issues excepted.

However with my driver, woods and even my 3 Hybrid, psychologically I tend to hold on too tight and slam the face shut at impact. My swing path is pretty down the line but with the face closed I get the pull and then a drawing flight as well which exacerbates the problem.

Every now and then I catch myself and swing properly with a nice release and I crush the ball. 235m to 240m in winter conditions. My problem is I still do it far too often.

Is there a way to train yourself to stop holding on and make it a more natural thing, is it just repetition?

Daves
5th September 2016, 09:51 AM
Get an impact bag. There are plenty of videos on youtube on how to use them.

Yossarian
5th September 2016, 11:26 AM
Thread title conjures up all sorts of images.

3oneday
5th September 2016, 11:35 AM
Thread title conjures up all sorts of images.is there such a thing as an un-natural release?

TheNuclearOne
5th September 2016, 01:24 PM
is there such a thing as an un-natural release?

A premature release. Apparently sometimes called a flip.

Hatchman
5th September 2016, 01:31 PM
is there such a thing as an un-natural release?

I think there is if you go by the movie Road Trip.
Someone say milking the prostrate :shock:

thecollective
5th September 2016, 05:25 PM
I like to naturally release; problem is the effect it has on others around me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP
5th September 2016, 06:35 PM
Thread title conjures up all sorts of images.

dee cee
5th September 2016, 09:54 PM
Try a lighter shaft or softer flex of a mate or the pro shop. See if there is any difference.
I too have a similar problem but only my driver. 3 wood and hybrid are fine. Weird...
I'm also experimenting with twking driver back shorter. As it is heavier and longer I tend to get long and that's where I lose it.

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2016, 01:54 AM
Take your practice swings with your feet together. It will force you to swing smoothly and to complete the stroke / turn.

If you swing like a retard, you'll know it when you fall over.

Ferrins
6th September 2016, 04:51 AM
Group buy?