PDA

View Full Version : TM RSI2 irons

FuzzyJuzzy
30th August 2016, 05:32 PM
Anyone had any joy with these TaylorMade irons? Or any feedback at all they care to share? Ta, FJ.

meh
30th August 2016, 06:23 PM
They looked good but there are better options around IMO.

davidw88
30th August 2016, 06:27 PM
Had some of the psi which are near the same, didn't like them at all, worst feeling iron out at the moment.

3oneday
31st August 2016, 09:14 AM
Superceded, twice.

Jazz18
31st August 2016, 09:44 AM
Just buy Perci's Z545's. Much better iron and don't look big and chunky with too much offset.

cratcliffe
31st August 2016, 10:43 AM
Just buy Perci's Z545's. Much better iron and don't look big and chunky with too much offset.
I was looking at the RSI2 v Z545
Went the Z545, felt so much softer, looks better behind the ball. Was concerned about these face slots falling out down the track
Cant fault the Z

Daves
31st August 2016, 02:59 PM
Anyone had any joy with these TaylorMade irons? Or any feedback at all they care to share? Ta, FJ.

I have a set of the RSi 2s, but I have only had 1 round with them, so only limited experience so far.

I also have the RSi1s, which I bagged today for only the 2nd time. I can't argue with the effectiveness of either model, but you wouldn't buy them for the feel. I played their predecessors, the Speedblades, on Monday and they feel much better, but are probably no more effective in hitting shots. The strong lofts massage the Ego, and they are very friendly in terms of forgiveness. But as others have said they are a little chunky, and have some offset, though I didn't find either excessive really. You can pick them pretty cheap out of the US at the moment.

spanner039
31st August 2016, 03:08 PM
I was interested and fitted to them liked them but outlandish price for TM and bringing a set in from OS with the issues of the face caving and no warranty, i passed.

Daves
31st August 2016, 03:39 PM

I just saw your wanted thread. The RSi2s are in no way similar to Titty CBs! You would want to go to the RSi TPs for a comparative iron in the TM range.

davidw88
31st August 2016, 06:52 PM

Z545 are a great iron, managed to stay in my bag for over 12months.

FuzzyJuzzy
1st September 2016, 03:23 PM
Z545 are a great iron, managed to stay in my bag for over 12months.

Thanks Lads. Won't pick up a set of RSI2s. Was just stroking a set of Srixon Z745s in Golf World...VERY nice looking iron. Might have to find some to hit.

Ryano
5th September 2016, 04:30 PM
I have a set of RSI2 irons and I find them great.

I'm only a 20 handicapper, but I like the feed back I get from the clubs, I feel as if I know exactly where the ball comes off the club head. There is a fair amount of forgiveness in the club, but knowing where it comes off the head is great to improve my striking.

I came from a set of Callaway Big Bertha fusion irons, so big chunky things. So I like the difference in these clubs, but again I am not a very good player so take what you will from it!

cratcliffe
5th September 2016, 04:40 PM
Was just stroking a set of Srixon Z745s in Golf World...
And then got asked to leave :oops:

Aussielongdriver
6th September 2016, 10:16 PM
I game RSI2's and find them very good, they have reduced my spin rate heaps from the blades I previously played . easy to hit different flights playing off +3