PDA

View Full Version : How much would you be willing to spend for lessons ?

Jarro
25th May 2006, 07:29 PM
$$$$ per hour.

If, for example, you had the opportunity to take some lessons from a very well know/credentialed coach, how much would you be willing to spend on a 1 hour lesson.

BrisVegas
25th May 2006, 07:31 PM
I would be willing to spend $50 per hour. Unfortunately the decent coaches at Brookwater (A-Game) charge well over $100 for a lesson, so I think I'm sh!t outta luck....

Jarro
25th May 2006, 07:34 PM
so you think $100 per hour is a little too much ?

What coaches at Brooky charge that, if i might ask ?

Grunt
25th May 2006, 07:36 PM
I think I was paying $35 for 30 min with video @ The Ridge here in Sydney.

BrisVegas
25th May 2006, 07:38 PM
What coaches at Brooky charge that, if i might ask ?

I don't know any of the coaches up there other that Tom Burn, but only because I talk to him regarding homestays. From what I've heard, he charges in the vicinity of $120 per lesson. I think some of his underlings might be under the tonne. I actually asked Ken that very question the other day, just out of curiosity, and almost fell over when he told me how much Tom charges....

Jarro
25th May 2006, 07:41 PM
The reason i'm asking is that i am thinking of going down to the Glades and having lessons with the Gary Edwin crew.

I emailed them this afternoon and got a reply back saying lessons were $100 per hour .... not a private lesson with Gary either.

I'm just trying to get an idea what top line coaches here in Australia are charging for their services.

BrisVegas
25th May 2006, 07:45 PM
Seems like a lot of money.... Surely you don't need to see the high profile coaches to get decent instruction.

Grunt
25th May 2006, 07:45 PM
The guys I went to Jarro were Edwin protege's. His swing did not suit me or something I really struggled with the changes they made to my swing. I went to another and now I think I am really close to having a good swing.

Jarro
25th May 2006, 07:50 PM
sorry to hear that the Edwin method didn't work for you Grant :(

.. i'm not surprised though, i can see where it wouldn't suit a lot of golfers. I however have been tinkering with it for a little while now, and i feel it really does work for me ... the whole right-sided swing concept just seems to make sense to me, and it feels.... right :-s

anyway, i'm leaning towards going down there for at least one lesson ... just to see if it is indeed the way i want to go.

connico
25th May 2006, 07:50 PM
i would pay under 50...nothing more than that..come on its a golf lesson...

Grunt
25th May 2006, 07:54 PM
I have heard that with the Edwin Method you can really stagger your lessons and do alot of it yourself if you have the gear.

You just reminded me about how I built my own Impact Bag when in the edwin method. I now have a great punch shot that I can play from the rough and trees I play most of my golf from.

Ducky
25th May 2006, 08:51 PM
We're (my brother and I) are currently paying $55 per hour at Moore Park for an hour lesson. I think that is a very good price point, especially if the lessons are helpful.

Fishman Dan
25th May 2006, 09:09 PM
i would pay under 50...nothing more than that..come on its a golf lesson...

Nothing a set of blades for 5 times that price can't fix eh. Nice ton on the weekend by the way.. did you raise the bat?

The bloke i saw at Sydney Olympic Park was $50, and you get balls before to warm up, and after while he moves on to the next bloke. I got an e-mail the other day saying it had gone up by $5 or something.

Eag's
25th May 2006, 09:26 PM
Jarro, go ahead and go down and see the Edwin crew, if you don't you may
look back and regret it mate. If what they show you does not suit then book
in and see Miles Richardson at Virginia, the bloke is a genious :smt002

3oneday
25th May 2006, 10:34 PM
$100 an hour is reasonable, most lessons are only 30 minutes and cost between $35 and $50 I think, and let's face it, 30 minutes with someone you don't know isn't long enough....

I could break it down but $35 for 30 minutes, $100 for 60, who cares. Just do it. Just take a sandwich from home rather than buy one after !!!

:lol:

connico
25th May 2006, 10:38 PM
Nothing a set of blades for 5 times that price can't fix eh. Nice ton on the weekend by the way.. did you raise the bat?

The bloke i saw at Sydney Olympic Park was $50, and you get balls before to warm up, and after while he moves on to the next bloke. I got an e-mail the other day saying it had gone up by $5 or something.

ahh blades cost me 169 bucks??? didnt i mentioned that??

and yeah i broke the ton...yeah i raised the bat...but...i had one 12 that ****ed me over and its because..**** it no need to explain you would appreciate the irony of it...

Matt 3 Jab
26th May 2006, 08:25 AM
I (when i have one) pay $75 for an hour, and the guy knows his stuff, and gave me 4 lessons within that hour, pitches, bunker check up, full swing and putting. Perfect

miro
26th May 2006, 09:19 AM
$55 to $65 per half hour -an hour is too long for 1 person IMO. These are the prices the wife and I pay at the Lakes and the Australian respectively.

3oneday
26th May 2006, 09:45 AM
$55 to $65 per half hour -an hour is too long for 1 person IMO.yeah, but Jarro will talk about Tour gear for at least 20 minutes ;)

:p

burger
26th May 2006, 09:50 AM
I think at Macquarie Driving range its between $45 & $65 per half hour depending upon the coach. They have about 5 or 6 working there.

Jono, Fishman feel free to correct me here . . .
tho you prob dont need me to put that bit in . . . . . . .

3oneday
26th May 2006, 10:03 AM
Fishman feel free to correct me here . . .
tho you prob dont need me to put that bit in . . . . . . .you mean he has been taught to swing like THAT ???? refund time !!!!!

burger
26th May 2006, 10:28 AM
you mean me or fishman ?????? :shock: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

3oneday
26th May 2006, 10:57 AM
you mean me or fishman ?????? :shock: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:If you are going to the same coach as fishy, you work it out ;)

Fishman Dan
26th May 2006, 11:48 AM
I haven't had a lesson at Maq range, not sure what their costs are. I ended up going back to SOP for my recent lesson - it's 5-10 mins travel more convenient.

burger
26th May 2006, 11:48 AM
coaching? mate I am flat out getting a game in . . . . :???:

Jarro
26th May 2006, 11:52 AM
well, i'm going to have at least 1 lesson with them and see how it goes.

Hopefully what i have been doing lately isn't too far away from what they teach, and i can come away from the lesson with a positive result 8)

amanda
26th May 2006, 11:55 AM
Dennise charges $48 for a half hour - though most lessons are probably 45 minutes. Well worth the money.

Stoney
26th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Big fat dounut for me.

I would never pay anyone no matter how good the were to tell me to change something I don't have time to change.

Sorry, I am a bit cranky today

Fishman Dan
26th May 2006, 10:36 PM
You're also off 2 Stoney! :roll: ;)