PDA

View Full Version : Do comps normally give points for bye's?

goughy
21st August 2016, 12:31 PM
Was wondering about this yesterday. The two premier teams (mens and ladies) at Kyan's soccer club are sitting in fourth each at the final round, just in finals position. Both teams have a bye in this final round, and both teams directly behind them can overtake them with a win, and funny enough both of them are playing the last placed teams today. I asked them if they get points for a bye and they said no, and they said both teams behind them have had less bye's this season than them.

I just thought it was a bit unfair to have more bye's in a season than other teams and not be getting points for them? Is that normal?

AndyP
21st August 2016, 01:05 PM
Sounds stupid for there to be uneven byes, and potentially unfair as you say.

PeteyD
21st August 2016, 09:27 PM
That sounds crap. Everyone should play the same number of games. Whoever did the draw if a muppet.

Ferrins
22nd August 2016, 06:08 AM
Definitely grounds for a Royal Commission. 😀

goughy
22nd August 2016, 06:33 AM
Yeah, they haven't been happy with how the draws gone this year, even early on. It used to be organised by Football Toowoomba, but was taken over this year by Football SWQ, and organised in Brisbane. They've had the Premier Men's grade having games at 7am on Sunday mornings (while still drunk). Our u11's normally play the last 4 to 6 games of the season on full fields to get prepared them for next season, but had none in the draw. While the regular season is now over they've added two extra rounds to ours so we can play 2 full field games (sadly Kyan's team got a bye for the second game :( ). But some of the games have still been scheduled on u11 fields rather than full. The u9's got no games at the end on the larger u10/u11 fields. And some teams have had games organised on an away field for both teams, even fields out of town. I've heard FT want to do their own draw again next season.

goughy
22nd August 2016, 06:34 AM
Definitely grounds for a Royal Commission. 

It's about all it takes these days!