PDA

View Full Version : Cally FT-3 or Ping G5 ?????

gazgolf1
25th May 2006, 10:47 AM
Opinions please :) ..... which one guys?
I've hit a 9.5 degree FT-3 and it went too low so I'd need a 10 degree or higher.
Never hit the G5 but I own the G2 in 10 degrees and its the best driver I've hit but the Ho in me wants more and they say the G5 goes a leeetle longer.
Anybody got one of either to sell?

andylo
25th May 2006, 10:53 AM
If you want to go for FT-3 I suggest you do a property fitting. But I think both G2 and G5 are more forgiving than the FT3.

But with your handicap I don't think you need to worry about it too much :) You will hit the middle of the face any given day.

Tried both G2 and G5 with same shaft, same flex and same loft and except seeing the G5 launch the ball a tick higher there's not much difference. (For my girly bad swing anyway)

If I have your skill gaz I will go for the FT3. Its been proven got a quicker ball speed compare to other big brand and models. I am sure Jamie can give you a more detail on the benefit of the FT3.

Jarro
25th May 2006, 10:56 AM
G5

gazgolf1
25th May 2006, 10:57 AM
If you want to go for FT-3 I suggest you do a property fitting. But I think both G2 and G5 are more forgiving than the FT3.

But with your handicap I don't think you need to worry about it too much :) You will hit the middle of the face any given day.

Tried both G2 and G5 with same shaft, same flex and same loft and except seeing the G5 launch the ball a tick higher there's not much difference. (For my girly bad swing anyway)

If I have your skill gaz I will go for the FT3. Its been proven got a quicker ball speed compare to other big brand and models. I am sure Jamie can give you a more detail on the benefit of the FT3.

Thanks Andy....some good info there :)

3oneday
25th May 2006, 10:57 AM
I can get a G5 pretty cheap brand new, depends on what you are after.

I have heard they go a bit higher than stated loft though.

Pete

gazgolf1
25th May 2006, 11:01 AM
I can get a G5 pretty cheap brand new, depends on what you are after.

I have heard they go a bit higher than stated loft though.

Pete

What price are we talking Pete?
I'd need a 10.5 with a Prolaunch or a NV-65.
I've been scanning Ebay US all morning and doing the sums.:smt024

3oneday
25th May 2006, 11:05 AM
What price are we talking Pete?
I'd need a 10.5 with a Prolaunch or a NV-65.
I've been scanning Ebay US all morning and doing the sums.:smt024you tell me... ;) NV

gazgolf1
25th May 2006, 11:24 AM
Best I could get it for would be about $370 Oz shipped....and I'd have to be patient. ;)