PDA

View Full Version : Cilcgear Accessories; what to get / what not to get

thecollective
10th August 2016, 05:35 PM
Ok,

so I have just purchased the Clicgear 3.5 buggy and so far have the following:
2 x drink holders (purchased one separate as I didn't realise it comes with one as standard)
1 x steering knob - based on Lagerlover's obsession; although in hindsight to be honest seems a bit of a gimmick
1 x storage bag - so I don't end up with crap all over my company car - great quality!

What other accessories are 'clicky' consumers using and what should I avoid based on previous mistakes / learning curves

Steve57
10th August 2016, 05:40 PM
Seat, Esky and sand bottle are all good.
Lager is right, the knob is awesome!
You will grow into it.

thecollective
10th August 2016, 05:47 PM
You will grow into it.

In all fairness I have only 'steered' the buggy around the backyard, is the top bit supposed to be loose?

And it connects where the umbrella holder thread is..correct?

Steve57
10th August 2016, 05:49 PM
In all fairness I have only 'steered' the buggy around the backyard, is the top bit supposed to be loose?

And it connects where the umbrella holder thread is..correct?

Yes in the umbrella holder hole in the middle of the handle, and yes the top does spin on the base.

Hatchman
10th August 2016, 06:37 PM
You will grow into it.

By esky are you referring to this one Steve?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160810/b1d67512b3fd979c6aaf571eda39d645.jpg

I've got the above and give it the [emoji106]
I've got the travel case as well.

The seat and sand bottle are on my must get list.

Steve57
10th August 2016, 06:42 PM
By esky are you referring to this one Steve?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160810/b1d67512b3fd979c6aaf571eda39d645.jpg

That's the one.
Sandwiches/fruit in the top, half frozen drinks in the bottom.
Works a treat!

Coopers Country
10th August 2016, 06:48 PM
Are wheels an extra on clicgear buggies?

RobNewy
10th August 2016, 07:02 PM
I use the chair a fair bit

thecollective
10th August 2016, 08:14 PM
CC: no, come standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olddogmike
10th August 2016, 08:31 PM
GPS mount, goes on the brolly fitting on the handle.

Godscountry
10th August 2016, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't bother with the seat. Unless you play a lot of slow rounds

blurry
10th August 2016, 08:56 PM
Are wheels an extra on clicgear buggies?
wouldnt surprise me:wink:

Hard_Pan
11th August 2016, 12:21 AM
I mentioned in another thread that if the bottom of your bag rubs on your front wheel, going over bumps and whatnot, there is a spacer you can buy to raise your bag up.

jezaa
11th August 2016, 11:40 AM
2nd the sand bottle
Shoe brush also useful for damp days

Jerrymoo
11th August 2016, 11:42 AM
Sand bottle is good.

And the bag cozy is good, too.

Daves
11th August 2016, 12:01 PM
Your first mistake was to buy the 3.5+, the Model 8 is better imo.

The Steering Knob is the best accessory.

I think the Sand Bottle is so so, mine is hard to unmount/mount when you need it, maybe I got a bad one? I have made my own Sand Bucket hooks, and prefer that to using the Sand Bottle.

I have the Cooler bag and it is good, though attaching it can be painful at times. Put it on before the bag. I also have the smaller one, and have that close at hand for my water supply.

The Umbrella holder is crap imo, useless in any strength of wind as it won't hold the Umbrella firm. And the Rubber Strap is next to useless as well. The optional adjustable Umbrella holder is no better really.The Smoothy type holder, where you can tighten the hold is much better in bad conditions, but I haven't seen one that fits a ClicGear as yet.

As I understand it, you have to remove the Steering Knob to use the GPS holder. If that is the case, I wouldn't bother. I use a couple of Velcro Strips to attach my GPS to the top of the hatch.

The Ranger Find bag is another useless accessory imo, much easier to keep the Rangie in the Net when playing. Easier and quicker to access, and keeps a mounting point free.

The Foot brush is worthwhile, and out of the way.

I have found GCO cheaper overall for ClicGear Accessories, more so now that they have discount vouchers and free shipping, similar to GB.

thecollective
11th August 2016, 12:38 PM
Thanks Daves,

The 8 was just a little too pimp for me. Plus a lot of the S.A crew have the 3.5 so like a sheep in a paddock I follow the flock

Foot brush looks pretty neat - especially where I play being quite muddy in winter

Captain Nemo
11th August 2016, 01:36 PM
Seat is the best money I've ever spent in pro shop credits by far.
Very handy for playing with or behind old ****s.

mrbluu
11th August 2016, 07:13 PM
The seat is the best accessory, followed by the sand bottle. The cooler bag and rangefinder bag are both OK. The clicgear rain cover is crap.

DaveS I think the mgi brolly holder fits the clicgear. Although I find the plastic strap on the clicgear brolly holder fine, u just need to wrap it a couple times thing the brolly first then clip it in.

Gammon
11th August 2016, 09:29 PM
The seat is good, I only attach it for social/ public holiday rounds..... as I'm getting older and weaker I'm hoping the seat delays me buying a motorised version. Lost the standard umbrella holder and purchased the extended one, if you're 6 foot plus its a great purchase. Clicgear are a bit like apple, don't play nice with other gear. Any muppet who tells you the brolly holder isn't awesone doesn't own a Clicgear brolly.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Coopers Country
11th August 2016, 09:37 PM
How long before Clicgear release clubs that only fit their bags that fit their carts , are they owned by Apple?

Hatchman
11th August 2016, 09:57 PM
Not yet.
When they release the iClic or iGear we'll know it's Apple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wazamac
12th August 2016, 07:12 PM
Aaahhh! The increasing costs of getting older, Hay TC

nadg63
12th August 2016, 08:05 PM
On mine, Ver 3.0, I have the Sand Holder, the GPS mount, the adjustable brolly holder, (but only because I am too tall for the stock supplied one), and the 'stretchy' cover for the wheels when folded as it does keep heaps of dirt/grass etc out of the car boot.

Hard_Pan
12th August 2016, 08:07 PM
I have the stretchy cover for the wheels too. Great idea.

IanO
6th September 2016, 07:13 PM
I will get the sand holder when I return to Australia. They don't sell them over here as you don't fill divots with sand. It seems that most people pick up chunk of grass and replace it in the divot they made, or just chop at the edges of the divot and stomp it flat. Must be different grass they use here.