PDA

View Full Version : Mizuno JPX850 Forged mixed set with EZ forged

KC4802
5th August 2016, 07:37 PM
I've recently been fitted for a set of JPX850 forged. A few quotes have come back, just wanting a double check of lie and grip size before pulling the trigger.
BUT, i've been tossing up the EZ forged as well. Rave reviews, forgiveness etc.
Has anyone heard of a mized set, say EZ 4-6, JPX 7-P?? I see an advantage with for forgivness in the long irons, still getting amazing reviews of feel for a GI iron. Has anyone got any thoughts?

FYI: fit for the KBS tour stiff 120, 1/4 long, half flat. seems like bugger all custom

Jerrymoo
5th August 2016, 08:02 PM
KC, just so you know, the JPX line will be updated next month.

Three new models: JPX 900, JPX 900 Forged and JPX 900 Tour.

KC4802
5th August 2016, 08:27 PM
KC, just so you know, the JPX line will be updated next month.

Three new models: JPX 900, JPX 900 Forged and JPX 900 Tour.
I thought this wouldnt happen until Feb '17. Although I was dissappointed with the quotes as i knew they were at the end of their life.
I'll probably wait to see price on the JPX900, and probably still try get the 850's at a discount still. they felt so great!

KC4802
5th August 2016, 08:34 PM
In case anyone is interested. I found this vid. I think i like the look of the 850 forged better, but plain 900 is much nicer than the blue 850. Pro is interesting develoment. dont know how that sits with the MP25 that's still pretty new

https://twitter.com/Golf_Mizuno/status/757974818289545218?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jazz18
6th August 2016, 07:58 AM
JPX line tends to get updated in the opposite year to the MP line. If you do prefer the current line up compared to the new 900's, don't hesitate too long because Mizuno tend not to keep too much stock on hand. They might sell out quickly. Mixed sets are common in all brands but the EZ forged and JPX850 forged have quite a different look. For me and my OCD, I couldn't do that but it doesn't matter what I like, it's your sticks. If you like them and it works for you, go for it.

KC4802
6th August 2016, 04:22 PM
J...don't hesitate too long because Mizuno tend not to keep too much stock on hand. They might sell out quickly. ....
Cheers Jazz. Hit the Pro up about it today, as to whether they'd drop price since he quoted me or whether they'd run out quick and stop doing customs. He said probably both scenarios. So I've told him to get them re-quoted, and then order whatever it comes in at (spend any savings on lessons). I really like the 850's and it doesnt look like the 900's are really any different.
Dont really deserve it after plodding around for a 94. But it did make me feel better.
KBS Tour 120 Stiff was the shaft if anyone cares.

Jazz18
6th August 2016, 04:56 PM
Cheers Jazz. Hit the Pro up about it today, as to whether they'd drop price since he quoted me or whether they'd run out quick and stop doing customs. He said probably both scenarios. So I've told him to get them re-quoted, and then order whatever it comes in at (spend any savings on lessons). I really like the 850's and it doesnt look like the 900's are really any different.
Dont really deserve it after plodding around for a 94. But it did make me feel better.
KBS Tour 120 Stiff was the shaft if anyone cares.

Good choice. 850 forged with KBS Tours would be nice bats. Good luck with them.

sfdoddsy
16th August 2016, 11:09 PM
I'd check out the MP-H5 or MP-H4.

They are already a combo set with regular short irons and increasingly GI long irons.

I had a set of MP-H4 and a demo set of EZ forged and the MPs ar just as easy to hit from 6 iron on.