PDA

View Full Version : What did you shoot this week - August 2016

Grumpy8
3rd August 2016, 09:25 AM
Played warragul's Tuesday comp , 34 pts 18/16 , spoke too early about fixing problems with irons , crap again today , only missed one short putt ( my only 3 putt) had a heap of putts 3 mtrs or more didn't sink one of them . Kept leaving myself in crappy spots because of poor iron play , scrambled a lot of two pointers .

KristianJ
3rd August 2016, 12:47 PM
30 points this morning at Windsor (18/12). On and off rain for most of the round.

Scrambled pretty well on the front 9 but too many 1 pointers on the back when I went all Rory with the flat stick on some shorter putts.

Not sure where I'll play tomorrow...most likely Glenmore.

Hard_Pan
3rd August 2016, 01:20 PM
28 Points in the mid-week MM at NH today. Snap hooks made a surprise appearance today (four of them - and all of them lead to a loss of at least two strokes), as did a push slice on the last which caused me to land in the middle of a patch of trees we call Sherwood Forest. I found my ball in the middle of the biggest, thickest bush in said forest, had to take a drop with distance then promptly gutted the ball straight back in again for an 8 on the last. Otherwise, I thought I played fairly tidily. ;) Winning two balls on the par 3 14th after a 20m birdie putt was a bonus.

Hard_Pan
3rd August 2016, 01:23 PM
Sorry, double post.

Grumpy8
4th August 2016, 07:56 PM
beaconhills thurs single stab, nice cool frosty morning , 15/15 , one wipe, two one pointers,one 3 pointer, one three putt on each side ,ball striking was a bit crappy , chipping was ok .

3Puttpete
5th August 2016, 04:46 PM
+4 off the stick around golf central BNE. 4 x 3 putts

AndyP
5th August 2016, 10:24 PM
Great shooting. More mini golf and pitch n putt scores needed. They really are golf in its purest form.

shazza_rs
5th August 2016, 10:31 PM

Hope the ladies in front didn't hold you up :)

3Puttpete
5th August 2016, 10:37 PM
Hope the ladies in front didn't hold you up :)

I don't often get stuck behind too many ladies

markvos
6th August 2016, 11:10 AM
This week I shot:

Monday @ Vic Park 88 (+23)
Tuesday @ Vic Park 82 (+17)
Wednesday @ St Lucia 96 (+25)
Thursday @ Nudgee 88 (+18 )
Friday @ Vic Park 84 (+19)

Yes I am not very good! Yes I play a lot!

KristianJ
6th August 2016, 11:14 AM
84/74 for medal @ Richmond this morning.

Last 3 holes on both 9s was where the damage was done...doubles on 7 and 9, and 3 bogeys to end the day. I struggled a little with my distance control - was trying to take it a little easier with my swing but didn't compensate enough with my club selection.

Otherwise putted pretty well, driver was OK, short game was decent too.

highballin
6th August 2016, 12:42 PM
I don't often get stuck behind too many ladies

Mainly men ?

live4golf
6th August 2016, 01:12 PM
69/70 in the medal today at kooindah. Best round I have played bar none, did have a 3 putt from 2m but just hit everything solidly. 6 birdies and 3 bogeys.

3Puttpete
6th August 2016, 01:21 PM
Manly men ?

Ftfy

shazza_rs
6th August 2016, 02:48 PM
86/73 in the monthly mug today.

48/38

Stupid front nine!

Dcanto
6th August 2016, 04:06 PM
First round of the City of Cairns yesterday. Quick greens made for fun and games. 94 net 80 (par 72). Started with 2 straight pars and finished with two pars. The rest in between was rubbish. A bit of overnight rain took some sting out of the CoC and the second round was more consistent - 85 net 71. Played the first nine 3 shots more than handicap and managed to right the ship and play the back nine 4 shots less than handicap. Who knows what the final round will bring.

Dangals
6th August 2016, 04:25 PM
69/70 in the medal today at kooindah. Best round I have played bar none, did have a 3 putt from 2m but just hit everything solidly. 6 birdies and 3 bogeys.

Great round mate!

highballin
6th August 2016, 04:39 PM
90/82 MM Today nuff said

28 Stableford pts

mrbluu
6th August 2016, 04:52 PM
Nice Work mate time to sell/trade something!!

Hard_Pan
6th August 2016, 05:41 PM
88/78 (for 27 points), in the Weekend MM at NH today. Beautiful opening drive, just short of the green with second shot and then it all went pear shaped. Felt like I had no fine motor skills for the first 9 and then could not stop hooking everything for the second 9. That said, had a chip in birdie on the par 3 third, a birdie on the par 5 6th and a birdie on the par 3 12th (including a ntp). Very schitzo round. Managed to qualify for the Prez Cup matchplay next weekend (in the middle of the group no less), somehow. :roll: Won't go far if I keep this up though..

Grumpy8
6th August 2016, 06:06 PM
MM at beaconhills , par comp, 0/0 to finish square , plus 1 won"a" grade plus 2 won overall , seems having a minus on 18 could have been costly , cant remember having a 3 putt , only hit a couple of bad drives , irons were a bit better than in recent times , was one of those coulda shoulda rounds . Cap down to 8.6 and qualified for the handicap matchplay event so not a bad day overall

3Puttpete
6th August 2016, 06:18 PM
MM at beaconhills , par comp, 0/0 to finish square , plus 1 won"a" grade plus 2 won overall , seems having a minus on 18 could have been costly , cant remember having a 3 putt , only hit a couple of bad drives , irons were a bit better than in recent times , was one of those coulda shoulda rounds . Cap down to 8.6 and qualified for the handicap matchplay event so not a bad day overall

How is Par MM?

wazamac
6th August 2016, 06:30 PM
85/74. Doubled the last two holes. Pooooo!

Hatchman
6th August 2016, 06:42 PM
eBay tonight looking for a chipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Puttpete
6th August 2016, 08:02 PM
eBay tonight looking for a chipper.

Do it

Hatchman
6th August 2016, 08:17 PM
Do it

Just looking atm to scare the wedges.
If I stub :smt087 my way around in NSW Champs like today I may go home with one in the bag :roll:

3Puttpete
6th August 2016, 08:18 PM
Just looking atm to scare the wedges.
If I stub :smt087 my way around in NSW Champs like today I may go home with one in the bag :roll:

I might sell you mine

Hatchman
6th August 2016, 08:54 PM
MM @ Kapunda

Was a 50/50 proposition about playing today after being laid up the last few day with a bad dose of manfluu.
Took the punt as it was nice and warm at 10:30.
Got to course unpacked gear and it was straight onto the tee without the customary few chips and putts warm up.

Played the first 4 holes where I normally drop 80-90% of my shots in rounds great hitting all the fairways. Hit 2 of the greens in reg and was just off the other 2 but dropped 1 on the easiest of the 4 by pulling a 3 foot putt.
Stood on the par 3 feeling good about the swing and the start than went within a whisker of a hosel with the 7 iron but was ok on sticks and dirt 10m from the pin. Stubbed the chip and made double after lipping the 5 foot save for bogey. Good drive and second on the par 5 leaving 20m to the pin and stubbed another chip. Knocked the next to 4 foot and lipped that one too to make bogey. Doubled the next par 5 after a pulled drive into the trees and a double lip out 3 stab. Birdied the 8th from 15 foot. Just missed the green on the LHS of the par 3 9th leaving not a lot of room to work with to get it close. Stubbed the little flop and double hit it in the process than holed a 6 footer for double. Missed 1 drive for the 9 and was 7 over, what a f***ing waste.
Hit the driver well on back nine again but failed to capitalise on good position missing greens and not getting up and down. Stubbed one more chip on the par 3 14th to finish that 9 5 over.
Sadly this is a played to singles flag with a high DSR.

Played my 1st round today with the Peltz parallel markings on the ball today. While the putting stats don't show anything i found it much easier to align myself up with the putter again using the Maxfli Revo balls like I can with the Pro V's. Watching the ball roll with the 2 lines without too much wobble was good for the confidence knowing your rolling it ok.
I had one of the guys in my group hit a few putts on the last after we finished. Wow is all I could say when the ball had the lines spinning way off the axis 3-4 foot into a 12 foot putt. For those struggling with the flat stick either the pre-marked training balls or the marking kit would be a worth while investment to help improve your putting stroke.

Stats
85/78 = 31pts
Effective Drives 11/15 (6,5)
GIR 5/18 (3,2)
GIR from ED 5/11 (3,2)
Putts 32 (17,15)
x1 birdie, x1 3 stab, x4 stubbed chips (looking at chippers now :roll:)

davidw88
6th August 2016, 09:01 PM
73/70 in monthly medal had 3 over the front nine with a missed birdie putt from a foot and had 1 under on the back with 4 birdies in a row.

Hatchman
6th August 2016, 09:06 PM
Could everyone please list their stableford equivalent scores if the comps stroke or par for the running OzGolf Monthly Mug, thanks.

Grumpy8
7th August 2016, 09:58 AM
How is Par MM?
Lots of clubs do it in winter down here full fields wont finish otherwise , eg played with a 30 capper yesterday who had seven wipes on back nine and most were done before putting if it was stroke his score would have been horrendous and we would have had a 5 hour plus round . Plus par brings all those off high caps back to an 18 cap , have seen a number of MM's won at warragul with scores like 91 nett 60 (par71) a nett 58 won one last year .

highballin
7th August 2016, 10:09 AM
Lots of clubs do it in winter down here full fields wont finish otherwise , eg played with a 30 capper yesterday who had seven wipes on back nine and most were done before putting if it was stroke his score would have been horrendous and we would have had a 5 hour plus round . Plus par brings all those off high caps back to an 18 cap , have seen a number of MM's won at warragul with scores like 91 nett 60 (par71) a nett 58 won one last year .

That makes sense.

We had a shotgun start last month and that worked well even though according to many the sky was going to fall in!

Grumpy8
7th August 2016, 10:13 AM

36 pts

Hatchman
7th August 2016, 10:18 AM

Playing the monthly medal in grades with A grade only playing stroke and the others grades Stableford or par gives the best of both worlds.

Grumpy8
7th August 2016, 10:23 AM
Playing the monthly medal in grades with A grade only playing stroke and the others grades Stableford or par gives the best of both worlds.

That would be very fair and sensible , have never played at a club who does that (have been a member of 12 clubs over 3 states) they all seem determined to have a single MM winner

Hatchman
7th August 2016, 10:35 AM
That would be very fair and sensible , have never played at a club who does that (have been a member of 12 clubs over 3 states) they all seem determined to have a single MM winner

Over the years the one MM is the norm. I have seen a few clubs award MM per grades and have a playoff with all the monthly winners playing for the MM champ in Dec which I think is a good idea.
You need a certain number in your fields to make that work.

Grumpy8
7th August 2016, 11:01 AM
Over the years the one MM is the norm. I have seen a few clubs award MM per grades and have a playoff with all the monthly winners playing for the MM champ in Dec which I think is a good idea.
You need a certain number in your fields to make that work.
Thats a good way of doing it , current club gets 150 players on average to MM so that should be plenty for 3 grades , so might suggest it .
There is an organisation here in Vic called VGL and they look after clubs that don't fit under VGA , those clubs play off for a medallist of the year but its not grade specific.
I know some clubs have an overall medal winner per month and they play off at end of year ,but this idea would be much broader and more inclusive .

Collis
7th August 2016, 11:21 AM
Monthly medal yesterday
Started will with a 35 front (3 over) back 9 was scratchy with couple of soft doubles.
Ended up 39 back (7 over) for a 74 gross, nett 57. (Par is 64)
Hit everything fat off the tee but chipped well and putted ok.

Things look to be tracking in the right direction. 11 pars, 4 bogeys, 3 doubles (all 3 on the back)

WBennett
7th August 2016, 11:25 AM
I played much worse than my 85/77 suggests, rolling in a 30m putt for bogey on 13 being the highlight. However, course rating 73 and DSR of 74 saw it as a flag.

Monsta won our A Grade medal including a 4 putt with nett 73

Onya Kev!

Aussielongdriver
7th August 2016, 11:57 AM
I won my 1st Monthly Medal yesterday 66 scr net 68 DSR was 74 was also a PB at my course Sanctuary Lakes

3Puttpete
7th August 2016, 12:22 PM
A medal round is by definition stroke is it not?

They should call it something else

3Puttpete
7th August 2016, 02:34 PM
27. 6 points in an 8 hole stretch from 8-15. Special

Hatchman
7th August 2016, 02:41 PM
27. 6 points in an 8 hole stretch from 8-15. Special

Chipper not working?

3Puttpete
7th August 2016, 02:58 PM
Chipper not working?

Didn't take it today but it wouldn't have changed anything.

It'll be in the bag next week for my last round before champs

Dcanto
7th August 2016, 03:40 PM
Final round of the City of Cairns in miserable drizzly conditions for the most past. Thankfully it was drizzle and not full on rain and it eased up on the back nine. The afternoon field looks like they'll jag the finer conditions as it has cleared up now. 83 net 69 (39 points equivalent). Quite content with how I hit ball given the conditions. Two 3 putts (greens are still quite slick) but no lost balls. I'm happy.

3Puttpete
7th August 2016, 03:44 PM
Final round of the City of Cairns in miserable drizzly conditions for the most past. Thankfully it was drizzle and not full on rain and it eased up on the back nine. The afternoon field looks like they'll jag the finer conditions as it has cleared up now.83 net 69 (39 points equivalent). Quite content with how I hit ball given the conditions. Two 3 putts (greens are still quite slick) but no lost balls. I'm happy.

Is that 2 nice rounds after poo to start?

Dcanto
7th August 2016, 03:57 PM
Is that 2 nice rounds after poo to start? Yep. Bit of a bugger about the first round, but that's golf.

3Puttpete
7th August 2016, 04:01 PM
Good comeback though [emoji106]🏻

Dcanto
7th August 2016, 04:06 PM
Good comeback though [emoji106]🏻 Thanks 3PP.

Grumpy8
7th August 2016, 04:10 PM
A medal round is by definition stroke is it not?

They should call it something else
A previous club of mine called it a monthly mug , you won a pewter mug and each member was expected to fill it up once in the month for the winner .
I have never seen the origins of the medal anywhere , its a monthly competition, maybe its just assumed that its stroke because most clubs play it as their stroke round for the month . I don't mind it being par in winter , I have lost an event because it was too dark on the 18 th , as long as its off the back markers and pins in difficult spots , having said all that I prefer it being stroke given no weather factors.

Hatchman
7th August 2016, 05:42 PM

48/38

Stupid front nine!

First round of the City of Cairns yesterday. Quick greens made for fun and games. 94 net 80 (par 72). Started with 2 straight pars and finished with two pars. The rest in between was rubbish.

A bit of overnight rain took some sting out of the CoC. 85 net 71. Played the first nine 3 shots more than handicap and managed to right the ship and play the back nine 4 shots less than handicap.

Who nows what the final round will bring.

73/70 in monthly medal had 3 over the front nine with a missed birdie putt from a foot and had 1 under on the back with 4 birdies in a row.

I won my 1st Monthly Medal yesterday 66 scr net 68 DSR was 74 was also a PB at my course Sanctuary Lakes

Final round of the City of Cairns in miserable drizzly conditions for the most past. Thankfully it was drizzle and not full on rain and it eased up on the back nine. The afternoon field looks like they'll jag the finer conditions as it has cleared up now. 83 net 69 (39 points equivalent). Quite content with how I hit ball given the conditions. Two 3 putts (greens are still quite slick) but no lost balls. I'm happy.

Stableford scores for these for the monthly mug would be much appreciated. Thanks

Aussielongdriver
7th August 2016, 06:07 PM
40 points off +2 handicap 7 birdies and 1 bogey

3Puttpete
7th August 2016, 06:18 PM
A previous club of mine called it a monthly mug , you won a pewter mug and each member was expected to fill it up once in the month for the winner .
I have never seen the origins of the medal anywhere , its a monthly competition, maybe its just assumed that its stroke because most clubs play it as their stroke round for the month . I don't mind it being par in winter , I have lost an event because it was too dark on the 18 th , as long as its off the back markers and pins in difficult spots , having said all that I prefer it being stroke given no weather factors.

It's a good idea to do it but you wouldn't call a stroke round stableford just because it's played on a usual stableford day.

Dcanto
7th August 2016, 06:21 PM
Stableford scores for these for the monthly mug would be much appreciated. Thanks 37 points for the Saturday round and 39 points today.

shazza_rs
7th August 2016, 06:57 PM

48/38

Stupid front nine!

33 points for handicapping purposes

Coopers Country
7th August 2016, 08:03 PM
26 points Driving was crap putting was good

Hard_Pan
7th August 2016, 08:45 PM
40 points off +2 handicap 7 birdies and 1 bogeyWell this post belongs in the Monthly Gross Gun thread. Maybe the All time Gross Gun thread! Well played!!

wazamac
7th August 2016, 09:34 PM
Thought I might have gotten over my form slump.

How stoopid am I. 89/78 today

Jarro
8th August 2016, 07:12 AM
31 points.

I had 1 point for the first 4 holes and thought about walking off...driver was everywhere and i had zero touch around the greens.

Company was good though.

perci
8th August 2016, 08:14 AM
31 points.

I had 1 point for the first 4 holes and thought about walking off...driver was everywhere and i had zero touch around the greens.

Company was good though.

Bummer , did Super Coach sought you out ?

Jarro
8th August 2016, 08:23 AM
Bummer , did Super Coach sought you out ?
No mate, nodoby could sort me out yesterday 😣

Slothman
8th August 2016, 11:48 AM
Well, Gross one week and damn close to NAGA this week.

I don't remember playing this bad since I was on 20 HC.

Not going to give too much away but I didn't have raise the bat on the 18th .....considering I only had 2 pars the entire day....yep it was that bad.

I hit 4 fairways, and of those 4..3 where in deep divots. The final being on the last hole...and I nearly snapped. The worst is I didn't think I was hitting the ball bad. Just got shite bounces, shite luck and nothing fell.....was a loooong day.

3Puttpete
8th August 2016, 11:57 AM

You played worse 3 weeks ago

[emoji2]

WBennett
8th August 2016, 12:31 PM

Not going to give too much away but I didn't have raise the bat on the 18th .....considering I only had 2 pars the entire day....yep it was that bad.

I hit 4 fairways, and of those 4..3 where in deep divots. The final being on the last hole...and I nearly snapped. The worst is I didn't think I was hitting the ball bad. Just got shite bounces, shite luck and nothing fell.....was a loooong day.

21 points according to Golflink.

Get him on the list Hatchy!

WBennett
8th August 2016, 12:32 PM

[emoji2]

Great work Detective

3Puttpete
8th August 2016, 12:40 PM
Great work Detective

More Clouseau than Holmes.

Worst. Hider. Ever.

Slothman
8th August 2016, 01:45 PM

[emoji2]

LOL...that was a pull out due to injury. 19 points and I didn't play around 5 holes..... ;) To be honest, should not have even played.. *shrugs*

Should have put in an NR....mates wouldn't let me....I have great mates.

Hatchman
8th August 2016, 06:23 PM
21 points according to Golflink.

Get him on the list Hatchy!

He's on the list, in the #1 spot too.

Slothman's a naughty boy for trying to hide the result.
#OzGolfbloodhounds :D

Thanks to the others for getting back quick with their stableford.
August Leader Board to be posted soon.

Slothman
9th August 2016, 11:48 AM
He's on the list, in the #1 spot too.

Slothman's a naughty boy for trying to hide the result.
#OzGolfbloodhounds :D

Thanks to the others for getting back quick with their stableford.
August Leader Board to be posted soon.

Who was hiding....I just didn't want to look at golflink to see how bad the result was....trying to forget that bastad of a day completely ;)

The 19 points was injury reduced, but was still hitting the ball well. Last weekend...was ...just...shite. Its been a LONG time since I had a 10 on a hole :(

Peppas
9th August 2016, 12:17 PM
Slothy you won't win... I have a lower score to report, but I'll wait until after nsw champs to report it as he is giving me a lift there and back :)

Grumpy8
9th August 2016, 08:41 PM
tuesday comp at warragul, 19/16 35 pts , two 3 putts one each side , no wipes , four one pointers ,three 3 pointers. drove the ball fairly well putting wasnt great just couldn't get anything to drop except for a couple of par saves from about 2-3 mts am sure someone was putting glad wrap over the hole

highballin
10th August 2016, 12:22 PM
33pts today. Started with a triple finished with a double. After 4 holes had 3pts & 3 of those holes I had a stroke on.

27putts 1x3 putt

Putting has improved a mile, ball striking meanwhile .....

Courty
10th August 2016, 07:17 PM
1st round in about 5 weeks and it showed. Smother pulls all day. 26pts.

Matt 3 Jab
10th August 2016, 08:52 PM
Easily the best round for the last few months. -4 in a par event.

Nice to have some calmer conditions out there. Poor finish cost me a decent round from the 12th onwards I didn't hit a green reg until the 18th.

Learning the course each time and starting to be more aggressive with my lines.

33 putts with no 3 jacks was nice.

Grumpy8
11th August 2016, 08:27 PM
beaconhills stableford today , 19/18 37 pts , had three 3 pointers in first 5 holes and another stop on the lip , then wiped the 9 th from the middle of the fairway with a 9 iron for second shot , three 1 pointers and three 3 pointers in back nine . drove the ball fairly well , irons were mostly better , chipping was ordinary putting was pretty good (no 3 putts) . Dsr was 72 (par 71 ) so had .6 chopped off cap , am down to 8.0 (GA) , got down to 7.9 in summer so happy to be dragging it down at this time of year , although I have to give a bandit another shot in matchplay knockout on saturday . 7.4 is my lowest ever ( 32 yrs ago ) have all my flags in last 12 or so cards so have a free run at it for a while might be able to set a PB .

jimandr
12th August 2016, 06:00 PM
33 points today, which was about right for the way I played. I hit the ball Ok, but not great and the bounces didn't quite go my way.

The course was a bit wet, and it rained just as we were due to start. The consequence of this was that a few players pulled out. My group and the previous decided to combine and make a five. But the club captain was in the following group and had a whinge, so we split into a two and a three.

Of course, it turned out to be a very slow day, with players juggling umbrellas and wet weather gear, so we could easily have kept our place in the field as a five, and maybe not have waited so long between shots.

After it stopped raining it became quite a good day. I'm glad I played.

Hard_Pan
13th August 2016, 01:49 PM
President's Cup H/C Matchplay, first round. 2 and 1 up even though I gave away two shots to my opponent. Card for the first 9 was 0,-1,0,-1,0,-1,0,-1,0. Managed to get 1 up on the 10th and never looked back. Opponent hooked his ball into trees on the 13th where he had a shot and I virtually putted my ball all the way to the hole to make sure I got there one stroke ahead of him. This seemed to annoy him and he duffed his chip to the green giving me the hole! Then just to turn the knife, I sunk a 30m birdie on the following par 3. Could've won it 4/3 on the 15th but some bean head screamed out on an adjacent tee just as I was putting leading to a lip out and a squared hole. And being still pissed off on the next hole I proceeded to fkuc that up merrily before steadying on the 17th for the win.

Grumpy8
13th August 2016, 03:45 PM
played handicap matchplay today also , had a 2 n 1 win also ,had to give 7 shots away (9 next week) was 2 up after 2 , sank two nice putts (didnt need to on the first but i did anyway ) flew the flag on the third (looked like i was going to stiff it ) lost the hole because of where ball finished and that was when the trouble started , won 4, dropped 5 n 7 (we halved 6 with double bogey both 3 putting ) chipped in on 8 for bird ( he had a shot ) to win won 9 so turned 2 up .Had got to be 3 up after 11 then dropped 12, 13 n 14 to go back to square , had missed four short putts from 3rd to 14th (from less than a metre). So on the 15 th tee all square (ready to snap putter) and having to give shots on 16 n 17 was not happy and not looking good . (he had parred 12,13,n14 ) . Par on 15 for a win , he conceded 16 (think pressure got him) with me likely to par it , parred 17 by chipping one to 10 cms his longish par putt lipped out so we halved it to give me a 2 n 1 win .So was an ugly win but a win is a win . Hit the ball well, chipping was pretty good, putting wasnt good , all the short putts i missed lipped out hit 3 of em too hard for the line and the fourth one a bit soft .
Worst part is the guy I play next week was in our group today so I don't suppose he is going to give me any short ones .

wazamac
13th August 2016, 04:42 PM
Par today. Easy tap in par for the first hole and thinking it could be a good day. How wrong was I when I proceeded to scrub the next four with my massive de-lofting problem returning.
Managed to scramble back to finish -4 for the nine. Back nine started to resemble golf and finished that nine +1 to finish -3.
First game out with the Srixon irons so not all bad considering I am standing over the ball with no confidence at the momet.

AndyP
13th August 2016, 05:39 PM
High pressure stuff at pitch 'n putt again today, this time with a friend visiting from Japan, plus our wives and kids, so we only played 9. This guy always tends to beat me in golf, even if he hasn't played for ages.

We both started out with a few pars, but I wasn't pitching it anywhere near as well as a couple of weeks ago, when I had 3 under for 18. He birdied 4 and 5 to my pars, to be 2 up and I was sure going to beat me yet again. However he then put in three bogeys on the slightly longer holes to yet even more pars from me, to hand me a one shot buffer heading into the last. We both tightened up on the last and pulled our tee shot pitches to a similar area off the green, I putted too far past the hole to be comfortable, and then he chipped slightly further past. He didn't let me off easily, and sank the tough putt, but a clutch par putt from me ensured a win with 9 pars. Consistency d Inconsistency.

highballin
13th August 2016, 06:25 PM
28pts today

Finished with an up and down for par from 60 out. That's the only thing I want to remember about this round

Courty
13th August 2016, 06:30 PM
I almost vomited all over myself (figuratively speaking) this morning in the medal. I started with a solid par on 10 then reeled off 4 doubles and a bogey in the next 5 holes as I struggled with smother hooks (again). I got them mostly sorted and played the remaining 12 holes in 3 over (with a hazard/ penalty double).

83/76.

Dcanto
13th August 2016, 09:09 PM
I almost vomited all over myself (figuratively speaking) this morning in the medal. I started with a solid par on 10 then reeled off 4 doubles and a bogey in the next 5 holes as I struggled with smother hooks (again). I got them mostly sorted and played the remaining 12 holes in 3 over (with a hazard/ penalty double). 83/76.Good comeback on the last 12 holes.

WBennett
13th August 2016, 09:36 PM
We won by 4 points. This fat**** 40 year old plays finals footy next week. Yeah baby

Coldtopper
14th August 2016, 08:07 AM
A little rusty after celebrating my first ball comp win in over 30 years at the local. Bring on the NSW champs !

chappy1970
14th August 2016, 08:38 AM
A little rusty after celebrating my first ball comp win in over 30 years at the local. Bring on the NSW champs !
Well done Mitch

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

chappy1970
14th August 2016, 08:39 AM
We won by 4 points. This fat**** 40 year old plays finals footy next week. Yeah baby
Go Benno

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

live4golf
14th August 2016, 09:17 AM
29 points, putted so badly could not read a putt all day. I did have my first 3 a 1, new experience...

live4golf
14th August 2016, 09:18 AM
We won by 4 points. This fat**** 40 year old plays finals footy next week. Yeah baby Awesome Benno....

WBennett
14th August 2016, 10:18 AM
29 points, putted so badly could not read a putt all day. I did have my first 3 a 1, new experience... And you got to watch the miracle win. B@$tards!

live4golf
14th August 2016, 10:28 AM
And you got to watch the miracle win. B@$tards! Yeah, that too. So glad I have 20 hours of flying in front of me today... :-\

3Puttpete
14th August 2016, 02:27 PM

3,2,3,2,2 for 12 points from holes index 1-5. 13 from the other 13 including 7 wipes.

Captain Nemo
14th August 2016, 03:40 PM

Coopers Country
14th August 2016, 03:53 PM
First game on greens into golflink this year 95/83 , surprisingly it wasn't my short game that was the problem , It was my driving , and the pull hooks with my irons
Only two 3 putts , of which one was a birdie putt of course . Front nine was just crap with a 53 and not a thing worth mentioning
Put my tee shot 20 feet from the pin on the par3 10th and some golf started happening , from 13 I only missed one fairway with the big stick and had a little bit of confidence at the end
Port Augusta course was in great nick , was a great day out I really enjoyed it
Oh and it worked out 25pts Hatch

Slug
14th August 2016, 05:48 PM
28 points today, 17/11
Good and bad miles apart

Steve
14th August 2016, 06:45 PM
Just won the rowes bay GC Holden scramble with a 54.25

Coldtopper
14th August 2016, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=Captain Nemo;1310961]41[/] Bang ! Golf porn......

Grumpy8
16th August 2016, 07:00 PM
Single stab at Warragul , 13/19 , had 3 points after 5 holes then played the next 10 level par , then had a 3 putt double ,par ,bogey finish . Also had a 3 putt ( from the fringe ) par on the 12 th . Won the A grade pro pin so a 30 credit comes in handy .

jimandr
17th August 2016, 04:37 PM
86 nett 79 (30 points) in the midweek medal today. A glorious triple from a greenside bunker meant a worse stroke score than the stableford.

It was a whinge day today. I didn't miss a fairway all day, but hit a few poor second shots, and I always seemed to find bad lies or divots. And every miss seemed to put me in a difficult spot for the up and down. To top that off, my short game was woeful.

Apart from all that, it wasn't a bad day to be on the course.

Hatchman
17th August 2016, 04:57 PM
Stableford @ Royal Adelaide

Perfect day for golf this morning and still this afternoon. What could go wrong :D.
Got off to a slow start but was slowly clawing it back than it all just fell to bits with a few lose drives, poor short game and bit of bad luck.
Bogeied 1 by sinking an 8 footer after being 145m out with the drive. 3 putted 2 for bogey after a flushed 5wood from 205m up hill. made a great par on 3 after snap hooking 3iron deep in the boonge. Airmailed 4 from 165m out for bogey. Par on 5 after block cut drive and great 7iron in. Triple on 6 after pulled drive in cabbage and airmailed wedge from 90m (4 more from there up step bank). Plugged in back face on par 3 7th. Couldn't hold the dig out but sank the 40 foot bender from off green for par. Drove it into bunker into wind on 8 (shouldn't have reached :roll:) Airmailed into cabbage lie, chop, chip, putt putt for wipe. Smashed drive down the middle on 9 leaving 230m to green. Out of reach so lay up with 5 wood but block it. Only 10m off the cut and can't find any where so another wipe to close out for 11pts.

Regulation par on 10. Huge block on 11 and can't find that in the weeds and sand, another wipe. Flush 3iron into the 190m 12th but it won't hold center of green and runs miles through to make bogey. Regulation par on 13. Slot drive on 14 leaving 145m in. Quit on 7iron leaving it short right. Shank the 10m chip then put the next one 8 foot past and 3 stab that for a wipe. Good drive on the par 5 15th just of cut but sitting good 190m out. Down wind should have hit 3iron but decide to be smart and hit soft 5wood. Gut that into short right bunker, fat that still leaving 20m to pin. Poor pitch just getting on, barely made the bogey. Miss par 3 green left leaving near impossible shot to hold green over bunker. Play a great shot but it just runs off than a mile down the slope. Putt up to 8 foot but can't make the save for another wipe. Hit good drive on 17 leaving 185 into a breeze. Flush the 3 iron straight at the flag finishing 8 foot away and hole that for a 4 point birdie and 1/3 of my back 9 score. Wipe the last after driving it into the LH fairway trap and playing a serries of short pitches and chips for another wipe and 12 points for the back.

I'm very poor inside 100m atm leaking shots like a colander. Throw in the odd loose drive and it's a poor day score wise.
The only good thing that happening atm is I'm hitting the irons solid mostly again and not hitting a multitude of fats.

Stats
Score_23 (11-12)
Effective Drives_8/14 (3-5)
GIR_4 (2-2)
GIR from ED_2/8 (0-2)
Putts 29 from 16 holes (14-15)
x1 birdie, x3 3stabs, x1 shank chip, x2 lost balls

3Puttpete
17th August 2016, 05:21 PM
How do you not birdie 3?

Hatchman
17th August 2016, 05:35 PM
How do you not birdie 3?

I made the approach challenging by almost putting it over onto 13. Lots of sand and pines over there :roll:

highballin
17th August 2016, 06:02 PM
85/77 = 31pts today

Par the first 7 holes then went dbl, dbl. Start the back 9 with a triple from middle of fairway, then birdie 11 and jump on the bogey train until dbl the 16 & 17 then birdie 18

26putts no 3 putts

3Puttpete
18th August 2016, 07:41 PM
34 at Corowa. Both home tracks of the olympians this week.

Grumpy8
18th August 2016, 09:21 PM
29 pts at beaconhills today 19/10 wheels fell of well and truly

3Puttpete
19th August 2016, 04:48 PM
35 at Yarrawonga-Mulwala today

jimandr
19th August 2016, 05:12 PM
A garbage round of 32 points today. Two nines of 16. The first 11 holes featured good ball-striking and awful putting, and the last seven holes featured awful ball-striking and good putting.

This was on a course I know well. Had I have been at the NSW Champs on a course I didn't know it would have been a NAGA contender.

wazamac
19th August 2016, 06:16 PM
I would of fought you for it Jim. New putter and new irons with a driver about to be delivered anyday now doesn't equal great scoring.
Worse is that I have Club Foresomes Champs on Sunday over 36 Holes.

wazamac
20th August 2016, 12:46 PM
26 pts today. 12/14. Course is the wettest I have ever seen.

Grumpy8
20th August 2016, 01:55 PM
second round of matchplay knockout today won 5 n 3 ,had to give 9 shots , was 2 over on front nine and 3 up ,only lost 2 holes the 1 st and 11 th( both shot holes) . had nothing worse than bogey all day .

Dcanto
20th August 2016, 02:01 PM
Well done Grumpy.

Hard_Pan
20th August 2016, 03:04 PM
Quarter finals h/c matchplay today at NH. This time yesterday, I was ready to call the club and pull a sickie but I stuck it out and literally beat my opponent single handed, 2 and 1. As I've posted elsewhere, I developed a shoulder problem during the week and was really struggling but drugs these days are quite good. Well, I still felt it but I think it actually did me some good; it slowed down my swing and made me concentrate more on course management rather than just blasting away like I usually do. As I've only got 3/4 of a backswing, I put my ADDI 6s in driver and I got the G25s with reg shafts out of the shed. The ADDI was phenomenal with the slower swing but I kept thinning the G25s as their a lot shorter than my I20s.

Up and downs won the day; probably had a dozen 3-5 foot clutch putts that went in and won with a 200m 4 hybrid to within 4 feet for birdie on the 17th.

I'll probably regret it when the alcohol and pain relief wears off but as of right now, I couldn't feel better! :)

Grumpy8
20th August 2016, 04:24 PM
Well done Grumpy.
thanks Dcanto

Coopers Country
20th August 2016, 04:45 PM
7/11 for 18 points of absolute shite

Aussielongdriver
20th August 2016, 07:53 PM
H'cap matchplay today off +3 against a 1 marker . Had to give a shot on all the par 5's. I won 4 and 2 in tuff windy conditions

3Puttpete
20th August 2016, 08:00 PM
35 at black bull golf club Yarrawonga

Dangals
20th August 2016, 08:09 PM
34 at black bull with 3pp, pep pas and hatchy. Cold, windy but still lots of fun. Interesting course and need to go back once it's had more time to bed in condition wise as it will likely play very different to what it was today

Hatchman
20th August 2016, 09:06 PM
NSW Champs warm up Yarrawoonga Murray Friday.

Started on 1st with with nice drive on fairway and GIR to makable length and 3 stabbed it. Common theme from then on was miss greens from fairway or tee, 3 stabs and no up and downs. Add in a full sleeve of balls drowning them and there were many wipes and 1 pointers. The fat iron shots made a return too.
Highlight of the day was hitting a full chipper onto the green in reg on the short par 3 17th.

Stats
23pts (11-12)

Hatchman
20th August 2016, 09:15 PM
First round of NSW Champs at Black Bull.

Same sh!t more flies only without the fat iron shots. Lots of hole shaves and lip outs added to the woe.
Only lost one ball today after it hit the cart path green high on the short par 5 9th.
Slotted a number of good drives on the back. Was 60m out on 14 and made 1 point. Was 70m out on 16 and wiped that one. Was 65m out for 2 on the par 5 18th and wiped that on too.
Killing it with the wedge game ATM [emoji53].

Stats
26pts (14-12)

benno_r
20th August 2016, 09:28 PM
A quick update on my Murray trip.

Tuesday: -1 in par at Murray Downs. Played pretty well, just lost the driver / 3w on the back nine. Magnificent course.

Thursday: 37pts at Corowa Old with Dangals, Peps and Tomsy. Played the front 9 very well, turned with 21 pts. Had 2 3-putt bogeys on 10/11, then wiped 14/15 to have 16pts on the back. Both wipes from center fairway with a wedge in my hands. Disgraceful.

Friday morn: Social 9 Yarrawonga lakes with 16pts.

Friday arv: Yarrawonga Murray. 29pts after going 0/1/1/1/1/1/1 on the first 7 holes. Had some shocking green reads that broke opposite to where I needed it to go. "Interesting" track - great setting, but a few weird holes, especially in some of the green complexes.

Saturday: Black Bull 34pts. Started slow 1/1/1 but played decent golf for the rest of the round. Again struggled with green reading - hitting everything with great pace, on the right line, but not seeing the breaks that are there. Didn't like the first 4 holes, but the rest were decent. For same strange reason they were coring fairways on a Saturday, ruined a few more holes that were covered in core plugs.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Courty
20th August 2016, 11:07 PM
Stroke round at Mareeba with Solarman this arve. We were a bit rushed on the 1st tee and I consequently went drop-kick, cold-top, worm-burner, knife, knife, 3-stab to record a triple on the 1st hole. It didn't get much better as I turned at 9 over and was ready to go home. I somehow got it together and shot 1 over around the back to get the score looking respectable again, finishing with 82/75 for 34pts.

One interesting factoid was when we played the 15th. I hit a pull off the tee & Solarman blocked the shit out of his drive. I lasered him when I got to my drive & found we were 166m apart playing the same hole. :lol:

oldracer
20th August 2016, 11:13 PM
It's a short par 4 isn't it Courty?

Dcanto
20th August 2016, 11:38 PM
Stroke round at Mareeba with Solarman this arve. We were a bit rushed on the 1st tee and I consequently went drop-kick, cold-top, worm-burner, knife, knife, 3-stab to record a triple on the 1st hole. It didn't get much better as I turned at 9 over and was ready to go home. I somehow got it together and shot 1 over around the back to get the score looking respectable again, finishing with 82/75 for 34pts. One interesting factoid was when we played the 15th. I hit a pull off the tee & Solarman blocked the shit out of his drive. I lasered him when I got to my drive & found we were 166m apart playing the same hole. :lol: Good comeback on the 2nd nine. 166m apart! I wonder if that's further apart than that time at Gordonvale when Bob decided to play the 18th (I think that was the hole) via Babinda.

3Puttpete
21st August 2016, 12:50 AM
35 at black bull golf club Yarrawonga

Should have mentioned this was with Dangals, Hatchman and Peppas. Much enjoy!

Courty
21st August 2016, 08:47 AM
It's a short par 4 isn't it Courty?

It is, Al. My drive actually finished about level with the front of the green.

Good comeback on the 2nd nine. 166m apart! I wonder if that's further apart than that time at Gordonvale when Bob decided to play the 18th (I think that was the hole) via Babinda.

I reckon we had that one covered (just). :lol:

Coopers Country
21st August 2016, 07:15 PM
Stupid bloody game 78/67 for 38 points and went down 2 and 1 in handicap matchplay , the pull hooks from yesterday were gone and had a fade going for a while
Drove a lot better and that was the secret , but chipping was crap and kept leaving putts short , this game is really baffling me at the moment

Hatchman
21st August 2016, 09:59 PM
Yarrawonga Lakes today for last round of NSW champs.

Started with a great drive shaped around the corner leaving 100m in. Pushed wedge just caught a part of the green. In true recent form a 3 stab was had.
Scratched around for the next few holes making a couple of pars and chopping bogeys from the fairways.
Finally got onto a run of some thing half decent that resembled golf closing the nine out par, birdie, par for 15pts.

Started the back nine with a great drive but missed green from 140m and made another bogey. Wiped the next after blocked drive followed by a series of chopped shots from under 100m. Played the remainder of the holes for the nine 2 over to close out with 18pts.

A bit surprised to find this round ended up being 13th in the field and is a flag (still went out 0.1 though)

Stats
33pts (15-18)
No drowned balls, 1 GIR with the chipper.

benno_r
23rd August 2016, 06:50 PM
Par event at Hervey Bay today.

Decided to change everything for this round - 14 clubs, balls, bag, tee, ball marker etc etc.

Started awfully after missing a warmup (running late), snap hooking a 4i deep in the trees. Couldn't get it out 1st go, so ended up for a cheeky triple, a hard earned minus. Played some decent golf for the rest of the nine in 3 over off the stick to turn at +1.

Parred 10/11/12 in regulation, to get to +2. Tee shot on 13 was a bit of a skier, that looked like it drew hard over the right fence, but found it in bounds, and a chip out sideways left me 280m in. Laid up to 110m, perfect PW, which I managed to push slightly to find the right pot. A mother of a plug (whole ball below the level of the sand), which I managed to chop out left a 60ft putt for a square - missed for a minus back to +1.

14 / 15 were average tee shots, followed by decent recoveries to get within 15m of the green. Nailed the chips to get up on down on both, to get to +3. Flubbed an easy chip into the dam on 16 to go back to +2. Flew the green on Par 3 17, but a tricky up and down got me to +3. A regulation bogey on 18 saw me stay at +3.

+1 / +2 (+3)

11 pars
4 bogeys
3 "others"

8/14 fir
4 GIR
28putts
no 3jabs

Dcanto
23rd August 2016, 07:45 PM
Good scrambling Benno.

backintheswing
23rd August 2016, 08:02 PM
Par event at Hervey Bay today.

Decided to change everything for this round - 14 clubs, balls, bag, tee, ball marker etc etc.

Started awfully after missing a warmup (running late), snap hooking a 4i deep in the trees. Couldn't get it out 1st go, so ended up for a cheeky triple, a hard earned minus. Played some decent golf for the rest of the nine in 3 over off the stick to turn at +1.

Parred 10/11/12 in regulation, to get to +2. Tee shot on 13 was a bit of a skier, that looked like it drew hard over the right fence, but found it in bounds, and a chip out sideways left me 280m in. Laid up to 110m, perfect PW, which I managed to push slightly to find the right pot. A mother of a plug (whole ball below the level of the sand), which I managed to chop out left a 60ft putt for a square - missed for a minus back to +1.

14 / 15 were average tee shots, followed by decent recoveries to get within 15m of the green. Nailed the chips to get up on down on both, to get to +3. Flubbed an easy chip into the dam on 16 to go back to +2. Flew the green on Par 3 17, but a tricky up and down got me to +3. A regulation bogey on 18 saw me stay at +3.

+1 / +2 (+3)

11 pars
4 bogeys
3 "others"

8/14 fir
4 GIR
28putts
no 3jabs

On the march to singles

benno_r
23rd August 2016, 08:11 PM
On the march to singles

Screw that, too much pressure. 10 will do...

Grumpy8
23rd August 2016, 08:34 PM
stableford at warragul, started on 10 had 17 pts 2 x 1 pointers 1 x 3 pointer 1 x 3 putt . Second 9, 18 pts 2 x1 pointers 2 x 3 pointers no 3 putts but missed a short putt after a good bump n run . No doubles no birdies , pretty boring really , dropped .1 off the cap, now down to 7.9 which is an equal PB for this comeback( my 3 rd by the way ) . Only .5 off my lowest ever which was 32 yrs ago and pre the snap hook era .

Hatchman
23rd August 2016, 08:56 PM
2 rounds in the last 2 days.
No score recorded at Robinvale as all but 1 green was covered in white sand as they were coring them (wasn't told when I arrived and they were happy to take my money and let me go out and play) I've crossed it off my played list and have no reason to ever go back after that.

Round this morning at Red Cliffs. Hidden gem this course. Nice green strips winding their way through the mallee and red/orange sand.
This was a brute of course playing at 6120m off the blue. Two Par 5's between 510-520m and 3 others between 480-495m.
Hit it well off the tee but failed to hit a green in reg for the whole day. Made a heap of up and downs to not make the round a total disaster. Would play here again any day.

Stats
33pts (16-17)
Effective Drives_9/13
GIR _0
Putts-_25pts (13-12)

highballin
24th August 2016, 05:19 PM
39pts today

Was raining when I arrived so stayed in car as long as possible. Pretty much went straight to tee from car via pro shop.
Blocked first drive straight behind a tree hacked it out into a divot and wiped the hole. Thought well that's my bad one out of the way

Then played the next 17 in 3 over : 3 birds, 8 pars, 6 bogeys. 12/14 Fairways, 10 GIR, 31 putts

Very pleased with the improvement I have made with my putting

benno_r
24th August 2016, 05:28 PM
39pts today

Was raining when I arrived so stayed in car as long as possible. Pretty much went straight to tee from car via pro shop.
Blocked first drive straight behind a tree hacked it out into a divot and wiped the hole. Thought well that's my bad one out of the way

Then played the next 17 in 3 over : 3 birds, 8 pars, 6 bogeys. 12/14 Fairways, 10 GIR, 31 putts

Great golf there mate. I'd come down for a game with you at Bribie, but scoring like that going to make me look like the chopper I am!

highballin
24th August 2016, 05:53 PM
Great golf there mate. I'd come down for a game with you at Bribie, but scoring like that going to make me look like the chopper I am!

Haha your always welcome Ben

Hatchman
24th August 2016, 06:21 PM
39pts today

Nice on HB.
Good to see your finally getting that putter under control.

highballin
24th August 2016, 07:15 PM
Nice on HB.
Good to see your finally getting that putter under control.

Thanks Hatch, yes very satisfying when hard work/practice pays off

Grumpy8
25th August 2016, 05:42 PM
Thurs comp at beaconhills , wet ,windy n cold (pretty usual winters day ) managed 30 points playing off 8 , 13/17 , my putting was pretty ordinary front nine ,back nine was solid just pars n bogeys

3Puttpete
27th August 2016, 12:58 PM
31 @ Bribie

Hatchman
27th August 2016, 01:23 PM
31 @ Bribie

Should have used the chipper :D

Hard_Pan
27th August 2016, 01:47 PM
4/2 up in the Semi-final of the President's Cup H/C Matchplay today at NH. Had to give 10 shots away but managed to 'pressure' my way to a win. Game firmly turned my way after pushing my tee shot way right on the par 3 5th whilst my opponent was on the green at about 4 foot right. I was about 20m away facing a shot over a bunker with no green to play with. I did think to go around but I elected to lob over and landed half a foot from the pin. Opponent missed his next two putts in response and I went three up. Looking forward to the final in two weeks time and 10 more shots to give away. :roll:

Hatchman
27th August 2016, 02:27 PM
4/2 up in the Semi-final of the President's Cup H/C Matchplay today at NH. Had to give 10 shots away but managed to 'pressure' my way to a win. Game firmly turned my way after pushing my tee shot way right on the par 3 5th whilst my opponent was on the green at about 4 foot right. I was about 20m away facing a shot over a bunker with no green to play with. I did think to go around but I elected to lob over and landed half a foot from the pin. Opponent missed his next two putts in response and I went three up. Looking forward to the final in two weeks time and 10 more shots to give away. :roll:

[emoji106] good work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slug
27th August 2016, 02:34 PM
Solid 23 today in monthly medal round
Second last hole decided I'd hit 4 drives, first 2 oob, 3rd one thought was out but just in when I got down there. Really had the cbf's by then!

highballin
27th August 2016, 03:59 PM
31 @ Bribie

Very ordinary!

Good luck in the final HP

30 @Bribie for me

Hatchman
27th August 2016, 04:08 PM
Solid 23 today in monthly medal round
Second last hole decided I'd hit 4 drives, first 2 oob, 3rd one thought was out but just in when I got down there. Really had the cbf's by then!

You've caught crap golf game off me by the looks. Not bad enough to make the monthly worst 5 though.

davidw88
27th August 2016, 08:42 PM
33 points nothing special but the course is still wet and 36 points won, need a month of sun to dry it out.

Grumpy8
27th August 2016, 08:59 PM
matchplay -handicap knockout today at beaconhills , had to give 4 shots , 1 up win for me , into the last four . As for todays game - my short game was absolute crap I didn't think I could putt any worse than I did on thursday but seems I can .
I won the 1st ,9 th ,11th ,14 th and 18 th holes . Was only in front on the 1st n 11 th and after 18 .I let my opponent off the hook 6 times by either 3 putting or failing to get up n down from around the green, from 3rd hole to 16 th , most were for wins couple for halves on shot holes .
I won 14 th to get back to square , halved 15 , three putted 16 from 10 mts for a half (square) bladed an easy chip on 17 then ran par putt from fringe 4 mts past hole sank the putt for a 5 and a square and stay all square in the match (opponent had 2 putted from virtually same spot) . On 18 I managed to get up and down from just off the green ( for about the 2 nd time of the day ) and won the match . Very ugly win I must say .

3Puttpete
28th August 2016, 12:28 AM
31 @ Bribie

Very ordinary!

30 @Bribie for me

I need to play with proper golfers

highballin
28th August 2016, 06:31 AM
I need to play with proper golfers

Hard to find on the Bay Golf Tour

wazamac
28th August 2016, 02:06 PM
First round of club champs yesterday. 86/75. New Nike driver worked extremely well but everything else wasn't up to scratch.

Today has pretty much the same. 33 pts

rickie prowler
28th August 2016, 04:05 PM
played Sat comp yesterday. 4th consecutive round of 26 points or less. My wife bought me 6 lessons last xmas and I have only had 2 with work etc getting in the way. Not enjoying the game at the minute so I think I'm going to take 6 weeks off and use the time to get the lessons esp on short game and putting as these are the places I am having most trouble.

WBennett
28th August 2016, 07:20 PM
played Sat comp yesterday. 4th consecutive round of 26 points or less. My wife bought me 6 lessons last xmas and I have only had 2 with work etc getting in the way. Not enjoying the game at the minute so I think I'm going to take 6 weeks off and use the time to get the lessons esp on short game and putting as these are the places I am having most trouble.At least you made it to the course. Monsta was a late withdrawal with a very sore head today....

benno_r
28th August 2016, 07:58 PM
Pretty ordinary round today Darwin GC Monthly medal. Course is getting interesting - a lot of trees being cut down to open it up, make it feel a bit the pseudo links it was designed to be.

Weather was nice, but wind was a strong Northerly, which I haven't seen before. Overall the wind had me a bit bamboozled, hit over 3 greens with it. Also had some other crazy occurances:
1. Hit the flag on a par 3 and finished 40ft left instead of 6ft behind.
2. Twice in footprints in bunkers. One led to a double hit.
3. Chipped like an absolute busted arse. 3 or 4 knives across the green.
4. Couldn't read the greens. Putted on line with good weight - problem is broke left when I though it broke right.

Anyway, good news was I drove brilliantly, and long irons into greens were excellent.

50/43 93 (82)
9/14 FIR
5 GIR
37 putts
4x 3putts

SundayHack
28th August 2016, 08:35 PM
Monthly medal round. 80/68. Got done by a shot. Started triple, finished double everything in between was pretty good.

Dcanto
28th August 2016, 09:29 PM
Monthly medal round. 80/68. Got done by a shot. Started triple, finished double everything in between was pretty good. Congrats on the good play. Commiserations on getting done by a shot.

Kersh
28th August 2016, 11:52 PM
Finally a decent round, Saturday comp at Lakelands CC - Perth, 37 points, good enough for 7th spot in the 40km winds, interesting day. My highest finish ever, which was great but it was a round that "could have" been, had 11 pars, 7 of them on the back nine, unfortunately mixed in there was a triple and 3 doubles, ended up with 84 off the stick. Finally hit the ball real well just had a couple blowouts anyway, about time!

Hatchman
29th August 2016, 10:03 AM
Monthly medal round. 80/68. Got done by a shot. Started triple, finished double everything in between was pretty good.

Good round [emoji106].
How many pts is this for the monthly mug leader board?

bxp
29th August 2016, 08:15 PM
I got a DNF last Saturday at Gold Creek, Canberra-

I didn't put the foot brake on my push golf cart and wandered over to see my playing partner play his shot when a big gust of wind blew my cart enough to get it rolling down the hill. Not only did it roll about 50m down the hill it decided to do a nice left curve towards the lake, my golf carts eventual home. As the cart hit the rocks on the edge of the lake it was enough to jolt open the compartment near the handle launching my phone further into the lake, never to be seen again. I had to go up to just past my waist to drag my heavy golf bag and cart out of the water.

So I scored a decent anecdote and my clubs are pretty shiny right now after I dried them off.

Hatchman
29th August 2016, 08:34 PM

I didn't put the foot brake on my push golf cart and wandered over to see my playing partner play his shot when a big gust of wind blew my cart enough to get it rolling down the hill. Not only did it roll about 50m down the hill it decided to do a nice left curve towards the lake, my golf carts eventual home. As the cart hit the rocks on the edge of the lake it was enough to jolt open the compartment near the handle launching my phone further into the lake, never to be seen again. I had to go up to just past my waist to drag my heavy golf bag and cart out of the water.

So I scored a decent anecdote and my clubs are pretty shiny right now after I dried them off.

Nice work [emoji122]

One of the big 4 clubs has a honour board for members that have fallen in the water hazards on the course (The Ducks of Grange).
I wonder if having to dive in after your equipment qualifies.

That reminds me of a story of a Tee Tree Gully member that was renowned for having a fiery temper. One bad day he dunked a few balls in a row on the only water hole they have (#15).
In a fit of rage he picked up his bag and buggy and threw the lot into the hazard. No sooner had it splashed he was in after it as he had his wallet and keys in the bag (pre-phone days). Dragged the whole lot out. Got wallet and keys out and threw it back in again and walked off. Commitment [emoji106]

Aussielongdriver
29th August 2016, 08:59 PM
Saturday 33 pts off +3 played back 9 1st(20 pts)shot 32 off the stick with 1 eagle and 2 birdies and shot 40 the front with 4 3 putt bogies even par 72 overall (dsr 75)
really struggling on the greens last couple of weeks greens running 12 on stimpmeter which is challenging as it's been really windy too.

jimandr
29th August 2016, 10:52 PM
Nice work [emoji122]

One of the big 4 clubs has a honour board for members that have fallen in the water hazards on the course (The Ducks of Grange).
I wonder if having to dive in after your equipment qualifies.

That reminds me of a story of a Tee Tree Gully member that was renowned for having a fiery temper. One bad day he dunked a few balls in a row on the only water hole they have (#15).
In a fit of rage he picked up his bag and buggy and threw the lot into the hazard. No sooner had it splashed he was in after it as he had his wallet and keys in the bag (pre-phone days). Dragged the whole lot out. Got wallet and keys out and threw it back in again and walked off. Commitment [emoji106]

Every second golfer tells that story, but nobody has ever seen it themselves. In these days of camera phones, you'd think somebody would have proper evidence that it actually occurs.

Can someone check the CCTV at bxp's club? It obviously wouldn't be funny for him, but everyone else would probably chip in for a new phone as payment for the entertainment value.

As for me, no golf last week, and at this stage all spots in the field for both Wednesday and Friday are filled. Grrr.

Johnny Canuck
30th August 2016, 10:30 AM

So I'm not the only one. So nice to hear.

3oneday
30th August 2016, 11:08 AM
Every second golfer tells that story, but nobody has ever seen it themselves. In these days of camera phones, you'd think somebody would have proper evidence that it actually occurs.

Can someone check the CCTV at bxp's club? It obviously wouldn't be funny for him, but everyone else would probably chip in for a new phone as payment for the entertainment value.are you encouraging mobile phone use on the golf course?

bxp
30th August 2016, 06:36 PM
So I'm not the only one.

*fist bump*

I wouldn't mind if someone caught it on camera as I can laugh about it because no major damage was done. The only people that saw me were my playing partner and the four guys on the 18th tee on the other side of the lake. Gold Creek 17th hole for those from ACT.

Johnny Canuck
30th August 2016, 06:46 PM
*fist bump*

I wouldn't mind if someone caught it on camera as I can laugh about it because no major damage was done. The only people that saw me were my playing partner and the four guys on the 18th tee on the other side of the lake. Gold Creek 17th hole for those from ACT.

I'm sure Yoss can find the photos of my "fiasco" and happily repost them.

Yossarian
31st August 2016, 11:17 AM
I'm sure Yoss can find the photos of my "fiasco" and happily repost them.

Johnny Canuck
31st August 2016, 11:28 AM
Cheers for that.

Such good memories.

highballin
31st August 2016, 03:46 PM
21pts today. Didn't hit a fairway, green or sink a putt other than that was good

Hatchman
31st August 2016, 04:12 PM
21pts today. Didn't hit a fairway, green or sink a putt other than that was good

That will get you on the Leader Board at this stage [emoji122]

jimandr
31st August 2016, 05:32 PM
Another middling to bad round for me today for 31 points.

I striped my first drive and regretted not taking note of the best score for the month. After turning that drive into a double from the greenside bunker, and then wiping the third, also from a bunker, I was a bit worried about the worst score of the month. From that point I played alright, but not great, to make a recovery of sorts. But I dropped shots on the last two holes, also from bunkers.

WBennett
1st September 2016, 08:39 AM
*fist bump*

I was about to post 'was it on 17'? I chased down and caught my bag on the cart path a few years back in similar circumstances!

How is Gold Creek looking at the moment? Have you struggled with the rain this winter? GL has been pretty boggy in places for a few months now, and had only dried out last weekend - this weeks rain won't help.

Coopers Country
1st September 2016, 08:57 PM
Last Saturday last round of club championships 94/83 for 21 points , been a terrible month for me 4 scores in the 20's , an 18 , and a 38 :roll:
Driving has been terrible and putting me way to far out of position , if it's been findable , or in bounds , putting way to much pressure on the rest of my game
Currently mowing every bit of rough I can reach with the mower at the course in an attempt to lower my score , or at least not lose as many balls

benno_r
1st September 2016, 09:02 PM
Currently mowing every bit of rough I can reach with the mower at the course in an attempt to lower my score , or at least not lose as many balls

That's ingenious!

wazamac
1st September 2016, 10:53 PM
You can bring a chainsaw down to me when you've finished mowing 😀

Coopers Country
1st September 2016, 11:05 PM
Should be every mans hybrid Wazza

Courty
2nd September 2016, 05:51 PM
I played a social round off the back markers at Cairns GC with Bushy this morning.

I started a bit ordinary with 3 straight bogies from 10-12. Solid pars followed on 13 & 14. Double on 15 thanks to putting my drive into the garden right in front of the tee :oops:. From that point on I played the course in even par (3 birdies/ 3 bogies) to finish with 77 for 38pts.

Hatchman
2nd September 2016, 06:14 PM
I played a social round off the back markers at Cairns GC with Bushy this morning.

I started a bit ordinary with 3 straight bogies from 10-12. Solid pars followed on 13 & 14. Double on 15 thanks to putting my drive into the garden right in front of the tee :oops:. From that point on I played the course in even par (3 birdies/ 3 bogies) to finish with 77 for 38pts.

Good round, try this thread for the new month.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/49090-What-Did-You-Shoot-September

Courty
2nd September 2016, 06:50 PM

Good round, try this thread for the new month.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/49090-What-Did-You-Shoot-September

Oh FFS. I really need to learn to read. :lol:

Dcanto
2nd September 2016, 09:00 PM
I played a social round off the back markers at Cairns GC with Bushy this morning.I started a bit ordinary with 3 straight bogies from 10-12. Solid pars followed on 13 & 14. Double on 15 thanks to putting my drive into the garden right in front of the tee :oops:. From that point on I played the course in even par (3 birdies/ 3 bogies) to finish with 77 for 38pts. Good work Courty after a rough start.