PDA

View Full Version : 2016 OzGolf S.A Champs Meal Time

Hatchman
1st August 2016, 06:47 PM
Any more takers for dinner Saturday night after the Tanunda game at The Exchange Hotel Gawler?

1. Hatch
2. Wazamac
3. Jimandr
4. Hard_Pan

thecollective
1st August 2016, 06:53 PM
Gepps cross would be good; depending on what time I might be able to make it, my wife bought me tickets to Lawrence Mooney at the Arkaba so that is where I will be at 8pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard_Pan
1st August 2016, 07:06 PM
I've been for a meal at the Coopers Alehouse and it was quite good. Hopefully, I can make it for the Saturday round this year! That said, I'm a definite for dinner at the Vines after the KC.

nadg63
1st August 2016, 07:53 PM
A thread to discuss meal time during the 2016 Champs.

I take it dinner at The Vines is still on for Friday night after the Kitchener cup?

With the numbers down on enough entries to make the game and meal deal work at Tanunda we are now left with a feed to organise somewhere Saturday night.
Looking for suggestions from the S.A OzGolf community.

Do we support a business in the town of Tanunda or?
Go somewhere in the suburbs on the way back towards the city or?
Go some where in or close to city central? (Shnithouse in Rundle street is not an option as it was a massive fail.)

Put up the suggestions SAnkers

I'll start by offering the new Coopers Ale House at Gepps Cross. https://www.coopersalehousegeppscross.com.au/food

(https://www.coopersalehousegeppscross.com.au/food)

Yes, dinner at The Vines is still a goer.

I've been for a meal at the Coopers Alehouse and it was quite good. Hopefully, I can make it for the Saturday round this year! That said, I'm a definite for dinner at the Vines after the KC.

So you want me to add you to the Saturday playing list HP?

jimandr
1st August 2016, 10:53 PM
This might be a silly question, but does The Alehouse do schnitzel? We cannot have the traditional SA Champs without a schnitzel night, just so we can post a photo in order to generate much envy from Benno_R and Peppas.

Edit: I found it. I knew it would be a silly question. Everywhere in SA does schnitzel. The desserts sound really good, too, but why don't they pair them with a beer?

Hard_Pan
1st August 2016, 10:56 PM
Yes, the Alehouse does schnitzel.

Re playing Saturday, as always this is dependent on how I go in the Club Grades Champs which occur at this time.

Hatchman
1st August 2016, 10:59 PM
Yes the Coopers Ale House Gepps Cross does Schnit.
You went to the one in the City, Earl of Aberdeen 2014 champs and had the little boy Schnit.

Hatchman
1st August 2016, 11:02 PM
Yes, the Alehouse does schnitzel.

Re playing Saturday, as always this is dependent on how I go in the Club Grades Champs which occur at this time.

Do you play early enough at North Haven to do the North Haven, Tanunda Pines double if we have a 1pm tee time?

Hard_Pan
2nd August 2016, 02:31 PM
Do you play early enough at North Haven to do the North Haven, Tanunda Pines double if we have a 1pm tee time? Yes, I should do. Sat 12th Nov is the first round matchplay so if I qualify, we'll be hitting off either in the first or second group of four, so we'll probably be finished before 11am. It's then about a one and a half hour drive to TP, so..

If I don't qualify it's even easier. I'll just do the Champs!

Good thinking 99! :)

Hatchman
30th August 2016, 08:04 PM
Yes, I should do. Sat 12th Nov is the first round matchplay so if I qualify, we'll be hitting off either in the first or second group of four, so we'll probably be finished before 11am. It's then about a one and a half hour drive to TP, so..

If I don't qualify it's even easier. I'll just do the Champs!

Good thinking 99! :)

I'll be playing Kapunda in the morning than shooting sideways 30-45mins over to Tanunda.
We''ll bags the last group in case we run into travel problems.
A cart after walking the morning round may be a good idea too. Can organise that when it get close.

Hard_Pan
30th August 2016, 10:15 PM
Yep, that all sounds good.

jimandr
13th September 2016, 03:52 PM
My accommodation is now booked. I'm in a small house at Mile End.

This seems to be a bit of a restaurant precinct, so I may have a few options to choose from on the other nights.

My mind boggles at the thought of an Abbysinian food palace though. At least I know what they will say as you are leaving.

There is a Drummond Golf not too far away as well. I don't know if they serve food, but I suspect I'll pay a visit anyway.

Daves
13th September 2016, 04:10 PM
My accommodation is now booked. I'm in a small house at Mile End.

This seems to be a bit of a restaurant precinct, so I may have a few options to choose from on the other nights.

My mind boggles at the thought of an Abbysinian food palace though. At least I know what they will say as you are leaving.

There is a Drummond Golf not too far away as well. I don't know if they serve food, but I suspect I'll pay a visit anyway.

Bagot Avenue?

wazamac
13th September 2016, 04:12 PM
Sounds like your near the Thebarton Theatre.
You could spend the Friday night bouncing to the Vengaboys or Saturday night lazing back to Dione Warwick. :D

coalesce
13th September 2016, 11:20 PM
There's an Adelaide United game on the Friday too. I dunno whether to go to that or Vengaboys (as I have tickets for both) :)

Hatchman
14th September 2016, 12:27 AM
There's an Adelaide United game on the Friday too. I dunno whether to go to that or Vengaboys (as I have tickets for both) :)

You better go to the Vengaboys and look after Jim so he doesn't get out of control :D

wazamac
14th September 2016, 07:23 AM
Dunno. I think Jim would be more out of control on the Saturday Night

jimandr
14th September 2016, 04:39 PM
Bagot Avenue?

Yes. Is there something I should know about this street?

I'm kind of hoping the Vengaboys will be doing a warmup gig at The Vines to accompany our dinner.

I can't really imagine Dionne Warwick doing a Dinner Show at the Ale House, but she'd have to be in her 70's. so at least her show might finish at a reasonable hour.

Daves
14th September 2016, 04:50 PM
Yes. Is there something I should know about this street?

I'm kind of hoping the Vengaboys will be doing a warmup gig at The Vines to accompany our dinner.

I can't really imagine Dionne Warwick doing a Dinner Show at the Ale House, but she'd have to be in her 70's. so at least her show might finish at a reasonable hour.

A group of us stayed there a few years ago on a golf trip. There are a few rentals close to the main street. Wouldn't surprise if it was the same place (13 Bagot Avenue). It was a house divided into 2 large "flats".

jimandr
14th September 2016, 08:41 PM
That's the house I am in. If there is a lefty driver waiting on the doorstop I'll collect it for you.

I won't be game to look under the house for buried treasure.

Hatchman
4th October 2016, 09:57 AM
The Hatch family will do some recon on The Club House (Community Club) in Tanunda in the next week or two and see what that's like for Staurday night dinner.

http://www.theclubhousebarossa.com.au/

T (http://www.theclubhousebarossa.com.au/)he White Horse Inn is out. Went there last week.
Thumbs down.

Daves
4th October 2016, 10:01 AM
The Hatch family will do some recon on The Club House (Community Club) in Tanunda in the next week or two and see what that's like for Staurday night dinner.

http://www.theclubhousebarossa.com.au/

T (http://www.theclubhousebarossa.com.au/)he White Horse Inn is out. Went there last week.
Thumbs down.

We ate at the Club on a Barossa visit a few years ago. It was OK, but I wouldn't rave about it. A bit of Pub Bistro style to it.

wazamac
4th October 2016, 12:49 PM
Weintal Hotel in Tanunda isn't to bad either, and a little cheaper. Probably not as much atmosphere as there will be at the clubhouse

Hatchman
4th October 2016, 02:56 PM
Weintal Hotel in Tanunda isn't to bad either, and a little cheaper. Probably not as much atmosphere as there will be at the clubhouse

Is that the one on the way out headed towards Nuri?

wazamac
4th October 2016, 04:22 PM
Yep, on the right, but have heard since that it might be going downhill a little bit.
Plenty of other options in Gawler with the Kingsford Hotel (which is a Stonegrill) or Exchange Hotel.

Hatchman
4th October 2016, 05:07 PM
A few guys at work said the Exchange in Gawler is very good.
I like the Kingsford Steak but the Minister said the Schnit is only just above average.

wazamac
4th October 2016, 05:18 PM
Exchange looks pretty good. Especially the deep fried Oreo's for dessert. Another delicacy that Peps will miss.

Hatchman
12th October 2016, 06:40 PM
Hatch and the Minister did dinner at The Clubhouse in Tanunda Friday night.
Both had the Chicken Schnit.
Schnit size was a bit small and thick in size.
Minister didn't like the thick Schnit and wasn't wowed by the Parma topping. Overall rated it a 5
I thought the overall size was a bit small and wasn't fussed about thickness. Overall I rate it a 7

Facility was good but possibly a bit noisy for having a good chat with a big table.

Hatchman
16th October 2016, 06:46 PM
At the exchange now test driving for champs.

wazamac
16th October 2016, 07:49 PM
Tell me how the Oreos go

Hatchman
17th October 2016, 08:07 AM
None of the Hatchery went the deep fried Oreos.
I had the 1/2kg of Pork Ribs. Very nice but they don't automatically give you a water bowl to clean the fingers so quite messy as ribs are.
Minister was happy with her Parmi although it was quite unique with a BBQ tomato base and different to what she normally likes. Her and the Hatchling really liked the crumb coating on their Schnits. Portion size for both Schnits is 300g which is around medium.
Venue atmosphere was quite good and not noisy.
I give it the [emoji106]and would be a good choice for Saturday night dinner.

Hatchman
27th October 2016, 09:27 PM
Exchange Hotel in Gawler it is for dinner Saturday Night after the round at Tanunda. Only a 15min drive away.

As our tee times start at 1pm I'll book a table for 7-7:30 to give us some time to socilise after the round rather than head straight of for dinner.

I'll need a list of definite names in the next couple of days.

1. Hatch
2. Wazamac
3. Jimandr
4. Hard_Pan

wazamac
27th October 2016, 09:35 PM
ME! But the round might take me 6 hrs to finish the round cause I'll still be chipping around the 10th green! :roll:

coalesce
27th October 2016, 09:58 PM
Dinner with the Minister? How could anyone pass up the opportunity to discuss GPS usage? :)

That said I actually can't make it on Friday or Saturday nights. Double bookings :(

jimandr
28th October 2016, 08:58 AM
Dinner with the Minister? How could anyone pass up the opportunity to discuss GPS usage? :)

That said I actually can't make it on Friday or Saturday nights. Double bookings :(

I've never used a GPS, so I won't have much to talk about.

Hatchman
28th October 2016, 11:12 AM
It take it by that your an in for dinner Saturday night Jim?

Minister and Hatchling are out now too.

Hard_Pan
28th October 2016, 12:06 PM
I'm in Hatch!

jimandr
28th October 2016, 03:29 PM
It take it by that your an in for dinner Saturday night Jim?

Minister and Hatchling are out now too.

I thought it would be obvious that I am in for all SA Champs group activities over the 5 days. Where else would I go, and what else would I do?

Note to all smartalecs. Hindley Street does not appeal to me.

wazamac
28th October 2016, 04:33 PM
I thought Coalesce was taking you to Dionne in the Vengabus?

Hatchman
7th November 2016, 05:06 PM
Any more takers for dinner after the Tanunda game at the Exchange Hotel Gawler?

1. Hatch
2. Wazamac
3. Jimandr
4. Hard_Pan

wazamac
7th November 2016, 05:41 PM
Need to request a cosy table by the fire if it is only the four of us

Hatchman
7th November 2016, 06:00 PM
Dark corner with dim lit candles for playing footsies under the table :wink:

wazamac
7th November 2016, 06:29 PM
weirdo

Hatchman
7th November 2016, 08:32 PM
I know ;)

Hard_Pan
7th November 2016, 08:50 PM
Dark corner with dim lit candles for playing footsies under the table :wink:

Go for it..

43414 ;)

thecollective
7th November 2016, 08:52 PM
Gene Simmons style there Hard Pan

Hard_Pan
7th November 2016, 09:06 PM

Rock'n Roll all night and Party every day baby!

Hatchman
7th November 2016, 09:35 PM

I thought it was Gary Glitter

Hard_Pan
7th November 2016, 09:38 PM
Less Glam Rock, more Bovva style - on steroids..

jimandr
9th November 2016, 08:42 PM
Chicken Penne at Fasta Pasta tonight.
Not bad and lived up to the name. Took them about 10 minutes. Quite cheap as well.
There are 3 thai and a Chinese within walking distance so l have a few options to choose from.
There doesn't seem to be a good breakfast bacon and egg option though.