PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing May 22nd 2006

Flowergirl
22nd May 2006, 02:41 PM
Played at The Dunes today. Guest Day 4BB. Gee I love that course!!!! If you ever get a chance to play there - just do it!! The weather was cold but the rain held off and the wind was light.

My partner - off 11 - had a great front nine - we had a lovely 24 points. Back nine we had a wipe for 20 points. Had to leave before the end - 44 points won't be enough to win it. Hopefully my NTP wasn't beaten.

I drove great - best driving round I've ever had. Every drive was long and straight in the middle of the fairway. Can't ask for more than that!! Fairway wood were better - but still need to improve. Had a great day:-D

Coffs_Hacker
23rd May 2006, 02:24 PM
PLayed Sawtell golf club today, was great, wasn't bad either 36pts with a wipe and 2 1pts

6/14 fairways
4/18 Gir
30putts

Joke of the day was a 20ft putt uphill, I left it 1-2ft short then watched it roll 10ft back towards me. Spewin.

shazza_rs
23rd May 2006, 03:03 PM
Played in the Ladies Foursomes 27 hole champs at riverlakes today with Keza.

We managed to take out gross champs.... woohoo....!!!! Had a 125/110.... played like spastics on the back nine... lucky we only had to play that nine once.... came home in 1 under for the last nine we played and 1 under our handicap.

We also managed to win best nett by 7 and 1/4 but you can't win both.

Also picked up a NTP on the 3rd.

Not a bad day out! ;)

BrisVegas
23rd May 2006, 08:24 PM
nice work girls! I could never get it going in foursomes....

Grunt
26th May 2006, 02:17 PM
Played @ Oatlands this morning with Jono, Vince & Jamaal (a mate of mine from work). Had one of those "What if?" rounds, I feel I did not play as badly as the 27 points I ended up with indicated.

I had a few great drives, but then had some very ordinary ones.
Played horribly out of the bunkers; and I was in a fair few of them.
Short game all up would be rated as not goood but not total crap either.
Iron play I felt was fairly good with some good shots played.
Putting was a highlight for me I hit the ball well it just was that I could not get my first putt to be from any less than 25 feet. So it made it quite hard to 1 putt anything, i had a few 3 putts but they were where I had already blown the hole and rushed the 2nd attempt.Monthly Medal tomorrow, will have to see if my game can come back to me overnight.

Flowergirl
27th May 2006, 09:55 AM
nice work girls! I could never get it going in foursomes....

Yea same..much better in threesome.:smt002

Well done Shazza.

Played 4BB on Wednesday with a good mate. She is one of the few girls I play with who I can sledge and she gives it back. Most female golfers are too serious!! We played pretty average for the first few holes - then we started stirring each other up and then we played great. :-D She's off 16 and me off 18 and from holes 5 to 17 one or both of us made par ( stuffed the 18 with double and triple bogey.) Our 48 points wasn't enough - got beaten by 2 girls off 35 and 37. No one should be able to get a 5 pointer!!!!
Had a lot of fun.
Lesson today. Got to get things going for Club Champs that start June 7th. Still duffing too many easy shots. :evil:

Jarro
27th May 2006, 10:00 AM
great to see you're playing so much golf Reenie 8)

now tell us more about that threesome ....:smt047

Flowergirl
27th May 2006, 10:54 AM
My lips are sealed :smt002

BrisWesty
27th May 2006, 12:02 PM
Stableford today. Easy 36 points 21/15 - 84 off the stick (39/45) with a double and two triple bogeys in the 2nd 9. 34 putts, 8 GIR, 2 fairways

BrisVegas
27th May 2006, 12:37 PM
Played Windaroo today with Tez. Much happier with how I hit it today than yesterday.

77 gross for 38 points
9 fairways
11 GIR
32 putts

New putter worked nicely. I had a couple of 3-jags, but that was mainly due to misjudging the speed on really long ones or tricky downhill putts.

First time I've broken 80 around Windaroo.

Grunt
27th May 2006, 01:07 PM
Well today won't go down as a good golf day for me. I finally had had enough of the club I used to call home. I walked off after 9 holes, I was not playing that badly, I was 8 over. It was that I was not enjoying my golf there anymore.

Jono
27th May 2006, 03:32 PM
Well today won't go down as a good golf day for me. I finally had had enough of the club I used to call home. I walked off after 9 holes, I was not playing that badly, I was 8 over. It was that I was not enjoying my golf there anymore.

:shock:

What happened, Grant? :confused:

I remember you finishing your round in the pouring rain ... Can't imagine you'd walk off the course half way.

Eag's
27th May 2006, 04:12 PM
Played Windaroo today with Tez. Much happier with how I hit it today than yesterday.

77 gross for 38 points
9 fairways
11 GIR
32 putts

New putter worked nicely. I had a couple of 3-jags, but that was mainly due to misjudging the speed on really long ones or tricky downhill putts.

First time I've broken 80 around Windaroo.

Nice shooting Dion :smt023
Good to see the new putter went well :)

Grunt
27th May 2006, 04:37 PM
:shock:

What happened, Grant? :confused:

I remember you finishing your round in the pouring rain ... Can't imagine you'd walk off the course half way.

I just was not enjoying my round and even though I was playing ok I thought to myself why waste half the day doing this?
Andrew posted a quote in another thread that I could not get out of my head. "when golf ceases to be fun it ceases to be golf" or something like that.

jimandr
27th May 2006, 05:28 PM
My golf is never fun when I putt badly, but I never walk off the course. Today was a perfect example where stats don't tell the full story. Ball striking not as good, putting not as bad. My third 35 point score in a row.

Fairways = 12 of 14 (last 12 in a row)
Greens = 13 of 18 (last 9 in a row)
Putts = 39 - 4 three putts, 1 birdie on the last
Up & Down = 0 of 2
Sand Saves = 0 of 1.

On the back nine, I hit every fairway, and every green. Pity about 3 three putts!

Coffs_Hacker
27th May 2006, 10:32 PM
We need a new OZgolf award - Worst putter, think i'm a shoe in for it

32 points
Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens = 3 of 18
Putts = 42 - 7 three putts, 2 birdies

AndyP
28th May 2006, 04:39 AM
We need a new OZgolf award - Worst putter, think i'm a shoe in for it

Putts = 42 - 7 three putts, 2 birdies
We'll get Moe Norman or Peter_RS to send it down to you (I'm not sure which one is the current holder).

connico
28th May 2006, 11:16 AM
30 points today...

8 on the front 9, with 4 wipes, 22 on the back with 2 wipes... driver was long and straight, irons where pushing right, and putter was f'd..40 putts today

Grunt
28th May 2006, 11:31 AM
Went out for a hit at Botany this morning. Was great to have a game where you just played golf and there were no dramas all day.
Shot 37 points
32 putts
Could have be better had at least 3 putts stop on the lip or lip out.

Was my best game in quite a while. I really enjoyed playing with 2 veterans and having a good laugh as they sledged one another.

AndyP
28th May 2006, 05:22 PM
28/05/2006, McLeod GC, Hackers Group - Social Tees

FWRR: Got my groove back?

7/13 effective T-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
33 putts.
------------
1 birdie.
10 pars.
6 bogeys.
1 other.
Score 47-34-81 nett 64 [Hackers h/cap 17] (Par 37-34-71)

Considering my motivation of late, how I came out of this round was always going to be interesting. Started with a driver down the middle of the 1st, which was an encouraging start. However the bizarre 5 putt on the 2nd hole for an 8, where I kept putting too long (I was choosing to use rocks instead of my normal ball), followed by a T-shot into a water hazard I never knew existed on the next, made me drop the head.

In the end, it may have been a good thing, as it really made me forget about my score, and I started to just have some fun with the game. A 3 wood low punch off the tee to draw around trees, and using a hybrid to bump and run into greens isn't something I would normally do, but it was something to play with and I had some success with it. I just couldn't sink the putts on the front nine.

The back nine came from nowhere. The putts were dropping (I had 13 on the back nine, incl some from the fringe), and I was hitting the driver well off the tee (I'm normally more conservative). I seemed to be able to recover from anywhere also. Birdied the 10th, parred the next 8, including a fantastic recovery on the 17th, and I found myself on the 18th tee knowing very well that I was 1 under for the nine. Did the score matter now, considering I'd never played a nine under par? Yeah, I guess I did.

Tried to treat the T-shot as any other, and hit my best feeling iron shot of the day to an elevated green. I thought it was all over the flag, but get up there to find I'd hit it too well (adrenalin?) and was on a back tier, putting 10m downhill to a pin just at the bottom of the tier. Judged the putt pretty well, only to watch it hit the cup too hard, and get spat out a few metres. I pushed the next one, to three putt to finish the nine all square. Still very happy with it though, and more importantly I enjoyed it.

Next Round: June 12, Mt Coolum Men's Open

Matt 3 Jab
28th May 2006, 05:49 PM
Nice back nine there, that'll bring you back next week for sure!!!

AndyP
28th May 2006, 05:57 PM
Nice back nine there, that'll bring you back next week for sure!!!
Thanks, I wonder what my short term golf prospects would be like if I had had a shocker.

amanda
29th May 2006, 06:08 AM
Great going AndyP :)

Had 98/77 in the 2nd round of the club champs to come 2nd on the day nett. Brad caddied for me as he wasn't up to golf and I'm glad he did! His imagination when it comes to options of what to do from crap lies/overhanging branches etc was excellent - I learned a few new types of shots.

Also had a great day with the putter - 31 putts - when greens were very slick (for New Brighton). One lady in my group putted the same putt 5 times on the same line - it just kept rolling back downhill towards her feet when it was short or when it went past the hole but not on line!

I was 2 shots behind a 24 handicapper (in B-grade) and I'm now 13 shots ahead - looking forward to another round of improvement next week :)

AndyP
29th May 2006, 06:32 AM
I was 2 shots behind a 24 handicapper (in B-grade) and I'm now 13 shots ahead - looking forward to another round of improvement next week :)
Bloody hell, that's a handy lead, Mandy. Keep it going.

amanda
29th May 2006, 06:55 AM
Bloody hell, that's a handy lead, Mandy. Keep it going.
The leader had a shocker - so she might come good again next week - I might actually practice this week - or perhaps that might throw me off!

Courty
29th May 2006, 07:53 AM
I've been forgetting to post my golfing results since I have returned from my injury layoff.
This weekend just gone was my 3rd back in action. The event was the usual stableford. I started well, 4 straight pars (all 4 holes without any shots). But with a lack of muscle tone from lying in bed for 8-9 weeks, that's about as far as I get before my swing gets sloppy. I started spraying them after that and was unable to string good shots together. I was concentrating on trying to stay on plane, but I figured out late in the round that it was my posture that was the problem. With only a few holes to go, I pulled my shoulders back and started hitting them crisply again. Too little, too late though. I walked off with only 7 points for the 2nd nine. :oops: Luckily I had 12 pts on the 1st 9, so I avoided breaking any Ozgolf scoring records. ;)
I'll be hitting balls most afternoons this week to try & get back in shape as next weekend is the first weekend of the Club Champs.

shazza_rs
29th May 2006, 09:15 AM
Saturday 27th May.... 3rd Round of Club Champs

Had a 99/81..... bloody awful to say the least. I think I might of hit 3 fairways all day.... driver was put in the bathroom to have a good hard look at itself in the mirror. I chipped and putted my butt off..... played the par threes in even so that helped.

Picked up a pro pin on the 5th. Three balls for my effort.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 28th May .... Final Round Club Champs

Had a 92/74.... missed one fairway all day and it was the bloody 18th....:( not happy jan! Hit it OOB on the left.

Putted like a spastic.....score could have been a lot better.

Happy to play back to my hcp after the previous round.

As Pete has mentioned.... I did manage to pick up A-Grade NETT 72 hole champion.... WOOHOO....

Two titles in one week..... A girl could get a big head ;)

AndyP
29th May 2006, 09:17 AM
Putted like a spastic.
Are you allowed to say that? Does this need to be moderated?

shazza_rs
29th May 2006, 09:18 AM
well i was gonna say something worse.. ;)

McMw
29th May 2006, 10:19 AM
Did not get a chance to play all of last week as we were flat out with work...
So Saturday's game was the first time I swung a club since the previous Sunday Comp...

started off with 3 straight bogeys, and was ready to walk back!!!
but held it together until I imploded on 17 and 18 with back to back doubles to finish 78...

Comp round yesterday, and managed to hold it together for a 73 and 2nd place gross win...lost by 1.. :(

Considering I played both rounds with a cut-down-belly-voodoo, not too bad... :D

BrisVegas
29th May 2006, 10:21 AM
nicely played Mau. You got a taste of what most of us go through, ie. only playing once a week or less.

Flowergirl
29th May 2006, 12:42 PM
Well done guys. Some great golf happening this week!!! Bris, AP, Amanda, Grunt and Shazza.........keep it up guys!!
Glad to say you've got your mojo back AP:smt002

I had a lesson Saturday and have improved on those rotten fat shots that have been plauging me. Isn't it easy when you know how. My pro and his offsider were having an argument about what I was doing wrong and how to fix it so I just listened to both of them and now I've stopped "casting" and hitting them fat. Just gotta remember to do what I gotta do evertime and not just some of the time.
Only got to play 9 holes after the lesson - gets dark early now doesn't it. Shot a 43 with four stupid three putts. Hit some bewdiful shots - straight with lovely ball flight. Yummy yummy.
Good luck Mandy for next week.:mrgreen:

CobraSS
29th May 2006, 05:02 PM
4th rnd club champs
71/60
par=72
4 birdies
one eagle on par 4
5 bogeys
26 putts

H/c 10.6 down to 8.6

amanda
29th May 2006, 05:04 PM
Holy toledo - congrats on the awesome score CobraSS!

are there any more rounds of the champs to come? or does it go to matchplay?

Flowergirl
29th May 2006, 05:09 PM
Wow.....awesome effort there Cobra.

CobraSS
29th May 2006, 05:11 PM
club champs was just 4 rnds, with the lowest gross over those 4 rnds being club champion, top 8 gross scores over the 4 rnds in each grade qualify for matchplay for matchplay championship. check my golflink for my first 3 rnd scores :cry: , they were just practise for my great forth rnd :smt002 :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
29th May 2006, 05:15 PM
Played off 11.....played to 1. Doesn't matter what happened before or happens after - they can't take that back. How awesome is that "played off 1" I love it!!! Wish my golflink would say that - just once!!!:mrgreen:

McMw
29th May 2006, 05:46 PM
I think he played to +1... :wink:

wow - an 11capper shooting 1under the course...
did u get any back-handed comments??? :lol:
would have either been a round of applause or a couple of boos...seems to be the case here anywhere...no one appreciates the effort...

Courty
29th May 2006, 05:56 PM
I think he played to +1... :wink:

Nope, he played to 1. It's calculated on the CCR, which on the day was 70.
Still, a mighty fine effort, that. Well done.
Is that your first time under par?

McMw
29th May 2006, 06:01 PM
yeah - I saw that on golflink...

but hey...if u shoot 1under the course - to me that's +1... :mrgreen:

Matt 3 Jab
29th May 2006, 06:04 PM
yea, -1 is an awesome round, no matter the CCR. Well done cobraSS!

AndyP
29th May 2006, 06:15 PM
Congrats on the awesome round, Andrew. Hope you celebrated it.

Jarro
29th May 2006, 06:16 PM
4th rnd club champs
71/60
par=72
4 birdies
one eagle on par 4
5 bogeys
26 putts

H/c 10.6 down to 8.6

not bad ... even for a Doggies supporter :smt002

CobraSS
29th May 2006, 09:08 PM
Nope, he played to 1. It's calculated on the CCR, which on the day was 70.
Still, a mighty fine effort, that. Well done.
Is that your first time under par?

for 18 holes yes , previous best was even par 72 at Woodford

Flowergirl
30th May 2006, 08:45 AM
Holy toledo - congrats on the awesome score CobraSS!

are there any more rounds of the champs to come? or does it go to matchplay?

I think the most amazing thing is that Amanda uses the phrase "Holy toledo!!!!!!":shock: :smt002 :mrgreen:

amanda
30th May 2006, 01:21 PM
I think the most amazing thing is that Amanda uses the phrase "Holy toledo!!!!!!":shock: :smt002 :mrgreen:

Well - I could have used "cowabunga"! :D