PDA

View Full Version : New Laser Rangefinder

jonti
3rd July 2016, 07:08 PM
What's the best rangefinder going around at the moment?

Looking to upgrade from my Leupold GX2

I shake a lot so I need something that picks up the pin.

And can you now have one with slope as long as it's switched off in competitions?

Looking for recommendations please and even on wher to buy

Cheers
Tom

Icestorm959
3rd July 2016, 09:36 PM
bushnell tour v4 or tour x.

hardboiled
4th July 2016, 09:01 AM
Leupold GX4i? Excellent optics and picks up the pin really quick.

DNQ22
12th July 2016, 08:19 AM
I bought a nice bushnell from Amazon a couple of years back and saved quite a bit of money compared to local retail prices. Never had any problems with it and it is accurate and reliable. But there seems to be cheaper options around.

Danieljc
31st August 2016, 10:40 AM
Does anyone happen to have or used the Bushnell Tour X or Bushnell Tour Z6 and what would you recommend. I am looking at using it mainly for golf and from time to time out hunting.

3Puttpete
31st August 2016, 10:48 AM
Does anyone happen to have or used the Bushnell Tour X or Bushnell Tour Z6 and what would you recommend. I am looking at using it mainly for golf and from time to time out hunting.

I'd buy a rifle for hunting. It's not that sort of laser.

Wenz
31st August 2016, 10:52 AM
I have the Tour Z6 and can't say anything but good things about it.

Not too sure about the newer models as I haven't even looked at new ones since I bought this over a year ago.

Danieljc
31st August 2016, 10:59 AM
I'd buy a rifle for hunting. It's not that sort of laser.

I've got a couple of rifles already but it's to scope out the targets. Just undecided if the slope function is really needed.

Johnny Canuck
31st August 2016, 11:00 AM

I went for the Pro X7 for the advanced magnification.

You might find it too big though.

3PuttPete, that is champagne comedy right there.

3oneday
31st August 2016, 11:03 AM
Are the targets usually stationary when you are hunting?

Danieljc
31st August 2016, 11:07 AM
Normally somewhat stationary it will be used mainly for the golf side, but if I can avoid buying 2 that would be great.

3Puttpete
31st August 2016, 11:37 AM
I've got a couple of rifles already but it's to scope out the targets. Just undecided if the slope function is really needed.

I went for the Pro X7 for the advanced magnification.

You might find it too big though.

3PuttPete, that is champagne comedy right there.

It seems not [emoji12]

Coopers Country
31st August 2016, 12:05 PM
Go Leupold or Bushnell , both are good brands of hunting scope , and were probably adapted from hunting to golf , the slope function would depend on where you hunt , flat country dont worry about it , If you hunt in the mountains then probably be very handy

Captain Nemo
31st August 2016, 05:41 PM
I had the Luepold GX4i and didn't like it.
Yes its smaller, and clearer optics but i found it didn't pick up flags that well.
I bought a Bushnell Pro x7, can't fault it.
http://bushnellgolf.com/Laser-Rangefinders/Pro-X7

Danieljc
31st August 2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks boys, I'll see what my proshop can order in and go from there.

scarfie1
31st August 2016, 09:23 PM
I use the Bushnell Tour Z6 and it's great, picks up the flag well, good optics, easy to use.

milo-man20
20th September 2016, 06:40 AM
Saw this on Gumtree this morning, super cheap price!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/windaroo/golf/bushnell-hybrid-laser-gps-ranger-finder/1124323815

Anyone know if these are any good, was previously looking for either a v2 or v3.

freddy a
20th September 2016, 09:57 AM
Saw this on Gumtree this morning, super cheap price!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/windaroo/golf/bushnell-hybrid-laser-gps-ranger-finder/1124323815

Anyone know if these are any good, was previously looking for either a v2 or v3.
I've had mine for about 3 years now and still happy with it.
I've never used the gps fiction so I don't know how accurate it is but the laser is a point a shoot, it picks up the flags easily enough and the display is clear.