PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy some new irons

dowdsy
3rd July 2016, 04:51 PM
Had a hit today of the AP2 and it was really nice, have also hit the apex pro 16s and they felt just as good. Any of you guys using either of these clubs? kinda leaning toward the apex because of price, they both look awesome.

LoveGolf2012
3rd July 2016, 05:18 PM
I've just bought a set of Apex Pro 16s..pretty sweet set of irons..pure actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobNewy
3rd July 2016, 05:20 PM
See if you can have a hit of some Bridgestone J15 CB's.

Just delectable

dowdsy
3rd July 2016, 05:41 PM
How do you find these for distance compared to your mp4s?

davidw88
3rd July 2016, 07:26 PM
I have had a set of 716 ap2, not to bad an iron but I couldn't hit them any good, am a 3 handicap but hit the ball like a 20. Am currently using apex cf16, the combo set with the pro's would be good.

dowdsy
3rd July 2016, 07:57 PM
I have had a set of 716 ap2, not to bad an iron but I couldn't hit them any good, am a 3 handicap but hit the ball like a 20. Am currently using apex cf16, the combo set with the pro's would be good.
What do the cf16s feel like david? I am a 6 handicap and hit the ap2 pretty good but it was a little shorter than my xr pro irons, however static lofts are a bit different.

davidw88
4th July 2016, 06:47 PM
They feel alright, just have to much offset in the lower irons, thats why I reckon the combo set they make would be good, they have the lofts bent so you dont get a big gap between the 2 different models.

oldracer
4th July 2016, 07:11 PM
just putting it in for a great alternative, same type of club and size but can't go past Adams CMB's and save yourself a squillion. Get good heads then load up on your shafts, get em built to your loft, lie and sw and voila :razz:

Lucasto23
4th July 2016, 08:12 PM
just putting it in for a great alternative, same type of club and size but can't go past Adams CMB's and save yourself a squillion. Get good heads then load up on your shafts, get em built to your loft, lie and sw and voila :razz: You got a spare set lying around yet ;)

oldracer
4th July 2016, 08:58 PM
You got a spare set lying around yet ;)haha and I do, go great