PDA

View Full Version : Golf widows

Fishman Dan
21st May 2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/enough-is-enough-golf-widows-hit-back/2006/05/20/1147545569511.html

I find it hard to comprehend that Monty's missus 'anxiety and depression' is justified, as her national icon of a husband earns enough money annually so they should never have to worry about future finances. Sure money isn't everything... perhaps a little home-lovin' is what she needs.

I aim to play early so i've still got weekend-time with my wife. No kids yet, so no commitments to school sport etc.

BrisWesty
21st May 2006, 08:49 PM
Is there much difference for husbands who have "ladies who lunch?" They work while their wives have a lovely time living a lazy life or playing their social tennis or whatever.

markTHEblake
22nd May 2006, 07:47 AM
my favourite line from her when i get home from work is "can you cook i am so tired" :shock:

(then again i never cook, so why does she even try it on me)

Golfgirl
22nd May 2006, 11:13 AM
Well, I can personally understand a bit of the annoyance that comes with being a golf widow! I hate to hear Matt talking about his golf when I spend my whole week working and my whole weekend looking after our son, and I never get to play!!!

While I realise that that is not quite the same thing, golf is an innately selfish sport, involving the sacrifice of several hours that could be spent on family activities. The fact that my parents went off to golf every Sunday and left me at home is the whole reason I took up the game in the first place - if you can't beat them, join them!

burger
22nd May 2006, 12:40 PM
In our house my golf is balanced by wendy, going to play her 'golf' with girlfriends. This 'golf' may involve art gallery, coffees or such like.

This way we both get a bit of freedom or time out as well as time with our boys and of course each other.

McMw
22nd May 2006, 05:50 PM
this is the reason why I got jean into golf when we were going out...

having seen what my frens go thru with their "unreasonable" wifes/gfs about playing golf on the weekend, I didn't wanna hear any bickering from jean when I played all weekend whilst she's stuck at home...better if she learnt to play so that we can both play on the weekend...

goughy
22nd May 2006, 06:31 PM
Add to that a long working week.

I've played 18 holes twice this year so far. Last year it was about 6, maybe 7 games. Pretty much nil practice. I had negotiated one 18hole round (probably monthly medal) a month on weekends and also our clubs black marker early friday mid month. I wonder how that's going for me.

Coffs_Hacker
22nd May 2006, 07:09 PM
Funny that this topic has been raised as my wife mentioned about 2 weeks ago that she wanted to start up Golfwidows.net a forum where all of Ozgolfs golf widows can arrange to meet up when ozgolf days r on. Spooky

BrisVegas
22nd May 2006, 08:00 PM
I had negotiated one 18hole round (probably monthly medal) a month on weekends and also our clubs black marker early friday mid month. I wonder how that's going for me.

Mate, only you can make it happen. Life is about balance. It seems the balance is tipped against you currently.

AndyP
22nd May 2006, 08:36 PM
Are you saying he needs "hand", BV?

shazza_rs
22nd May 2006, 08:53 PM
its lucky that pete and i took up golf......

i used to be a football widow when pete used to play every satdee and sundee. It takes a lot to look like i am interested sitting on the sideline....(i was also a football player so watching him play used to give me the sh!ts)... but being the supportive biatch that i am i used to go and barrack for him.

one of the main reasons why we joined riverlakes was so that we could play in the same group in the saturday and sunday comps. Its great and we are pushing each other to get the best out of our games.

Iain
Are you saying he needs "hand", BV?

Gold!! :mrgreen:

Everyone need's hand AP.

goughy
Just need to start working 8 to 5, M to F, no early's, no lates and no weekends. Yeah right.

Golfgirl
23rd May 2006, 02:24 PM
Just need to start working 8 to 5, M to F, no early's, no lates and no weekends. Yeah right.

Do those jobs exist???

I thought you were self-employed Goughy - doesn't that mean you can nick off to golf whenever you like? ;)

Iain
23rd May 2006, 02:41 PM

Where do I get one of those jobs.....:-?

macleod
23rd May 2006, 03:36 PM
heck, lyndal BEGS me to GO and play golf now....

it's suberb! and i just keep not paying attention to hee :lol:

golf concubine be thine...

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 03:40 PM
my missus is pretty cool, she never nags at me when i go to play golf.

Must be because she can get her boyfriend around then ....

3oneday
23rd May 2006, 03:50 PM
heck, lyndal BEGS me to GO and play golf now......this, I understand !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Iain
23rd May 2006, 04:20 PM
Must be because she can get her boyfriend around then ....
Is that because your not doing the "business" at home??

Fair enough, a lot of old guys like you have trouble performing!!! :-P :-P

connico
23rd May 2006, 04:25 PM
Where do I get one of those jobs.....:-?

government jobs...muahahaha

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 04:31 PM
Is that because your not doing the "business" at home??

Fair enough, a lot of old guys like you have trouble performing!!! :-P :-P

no probs here champ, keeping the missus well serviced thankyou very much.

How's things going in your bedroom ?? you and the missus still swapping hair-gel and fishnets ??

Iain
23rd May 2006, 04:35 PM
government jobs...muahahaha

Got one thanks!!! :razz: :razz:

I'll take shiftwork over 9-5 anyday.

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 04:38 PM
I'll take shiftwork over 9-5 anyday.

really ???

i'd love to ditch the shiftwork and go back to a 9 - 5 mon - fri job :(

connico
23rd May 2006, 04:52 PM
really ???

more sex when your on 9-5??? still if your married, as you guys have advised, sex isnt on the agenda of a married couple any more?

Iain
23rd May 2006, 05:08 PM
really ???

Yeah, I love being able to do **** during the day that the missus can't cause she's at work. Plus I hate travelling in peakhour.

Plus they pay better for shiftwork!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 05:13 PM
Plus they pay better for shiftwork!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

not for much longer :evil:

Little Johnnie will have us working weekends/public holidays for bugger all :-x

Iain
23rd May 2006, 05:23 PM
not for much longer :evil:

Little Johnnie will have us working weekends/public holidays for bugger all :-x

Our Union is too big to have really major worries. The **** really hits the fan if the trains don't run or we don't work our days off.

Plus we don't get weekend or Public Holiday rates, they are added onto our base rate....

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 05:25 PM
no union will be too big mate. We're already being affected and we're in the bloody Transport Workers Union.

connico
23rd May 2006, 05:26 PM
i dont have an issue im a professional, so im one of those that dont really get effected, but alot of my mates worry about getting paid and how many hours they might need to start working soon...i feel for them..

Iain
23rd May 2006, 05:36 PM
no union will be too big mate. We're already being affected and we're in the bloody Transport Workers Union.

We'll be ok though. They're already short of Driver's and with plans to increase services, there's no way, at this stage, that we'll have to do anything we don't want to!!

You would've seen the mess on the news in Brisbane when we decided to not work overtime!! They tried to say excess traincrew was going off sick, but that was Bull****, it was just normal, they just could cover!!!

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 05:41 PM
beware the threat of part-time workers Iain.