PDA

View Full Version : What did you shoot - July 2016

Hard_Pan
2nd July 2016, 02:10 PM
As one who has posted several times in the wrong month, I'll start this one off..

69/79 in the NH MM today. Good solid game, 1.7 putt average per hole, 7 GIRs but was a bit ordinary with my wedges. Confident for the HS tomorrow after today. :)

Dcanto
2nd July 2016, 02:28 PM
Monthly Medal at Gordonvale. 92 net 80 (par 70). First comp round in a couple of months and the greens are running faster for a change. Still look very ordinary but at least it wasn't like putting on a shag pile rug.

I struggled to adapt (35 putts) plus throw in a few brain farts and my handicap was more or less gone in the first 9 holes.

Aiming to get at least one more round in before the City of Cairns so I can either find some form or blow the handicap out.

jimandr
2nd July 2016, 04:30 PM
As one who has posted several times in the wrong month, I'll start this one off..

69/79 in the NH MM today. Good solid game, 1.7 putt average per hole, 7 GIRs but was a bit ordinary with my wedges. Confident for the HS tomorrow after today. :)

Those stats don't add up. To be off plus 10 your putting must be better than that, unless you are holing lots of shots from off the green.

Good handicap reduction though. You must be favourite for the gross at the SA Champs, I'd say.

Hard_Pan
2nd July 2016, 04:48 PM
Yeah not counting putting off green and had a chip in as well. But tbh, didn't even look to see if the stats added up.. I used garmin connect to get average putts from my watch so therein may lie the problem. Will have a closer look next time.

highballin
2nd July 2016, 04:57 PM
MM today rollercoaster 83\73

Started with a double and quad bogey in first 4holes knocked the stuffing out of me. Double from middle of fairway with 3putt. Quad with 3chips and 3putt.

Hit every fairway 14/14 best I have ever driven. Tempo was so easy and they just felt so good.

Irons were the worst I have hit them in months. 4 GIR and when I was missing I was missing in bad spots. Ironically other than the hole I fluffed 3 chips on, I chipped really well. Must have been the practice!

28putts with 2 X 3putts. Other than the 3putts sank some really nice putts for a couple of birdies and par savers.

Frustrating day but glad I hung in there after an early debacle.

Matt 3 Jab
2nd July 2016, 05:37 PM
Hit the ball well and had 90.

Grumpy8
2nd July 2016, 05:42 PM
MM par today finished even , minus one plus one , had two 3 putts ,missed a couple other short putts (failed to get up n down from the fringe), had two four point birdies ( no good in par comp) one a NTP on the second and the other on the 12th (rated no1 ) winner of the medal had plus 3 so let a medal slip thru my fingers . Short game was very inconsistent .

Grumpy8
2nd July 2016, 05:59 PM
qualified 7th for a handicap matchplay event from today's score

billp
2nd July 2016, 07:05 PM
90/73 in carbrooks medal today, score included two quad bogies, without them would have won. Did have a chip in par from 60 out which was fun.

bxp
2nd July 2016, 07:22 PM
Six pars and a birdie today for a total of 102, so close to cracking the ton. My short game decided to turn up for a change and I managed to keep it to 27 putts for the day including putts off the green, so I'm pretty happy I sunk some decent putts like I used to.

Steve57
2nd July 2016, 07:42 PM
Don't ever start with Birdie, Birdie!
That is all.

Hatchman
2nd July 2016, 09:15 PM
Monthly Medal @ Kapunda

Strange day today in that I scored very poorly than I felt like I was hitting it [emoji849].
Was one of those days where if I made a poor swing I paid the price for it and dropped a shot(s) every time [emoji36].
The wedge game was woeful from 20-100m out with and number of fats and a hosel. Chipping wasn't much better continually coming up short [emoji36].
Had 4 one putt bogeys and a 1 putt double. Had the putting stats that usually results in a mid to low 70's round but it was miles from that.
penalty central with 2 drowned balls and unplayable to add to the woe. 3 jiggled the last to miss out on winning lowest putts for A grade.

0.4 gain on hcp after today. Next 4 are flags and no singles in the other 12. Could have my first double digit flag(s) since taking the game up again soon.

Stats
88/81 = 28pts
Effective Drives 4-3 = 7
Greens in Reg 2-2 = 4
GIR from ED 1-2 = 3
Putts 13-14 = 27
x0 birdies, x3 doubles, x1 tripple, x1 3jiggle

Courty
2nd July 2016, 09:47 PM
No golf today thanks to my dodgy back. It's the first Saturday I've missed since I can't remember when. :cry:

LoveGolf2012
2nd July 2016, 10:33 PM

Stupid game hey bud?Hit it crap tomorrow and have 75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoveGolf2012
2nd July 2016, 10:34 PM
No golf today thanks to my dodgy back. It's the first Saturday I've missed since I can't remember when. :cry:

What's the trouble you have with your back bud?Nothing worse...

oldracer
2nd July 2016, 10:37 PM
No golf today thanks to my dodgy back. It's the first Saturday I've missed since I can't remember when. :cry:ah no good mate, have to cancel the vacation:o

Dotty
3rd July 2016, 07:27 AM
ah no good mate, have to cancel the vacation:o
Only if it prevents Courty from being designated driver.

JimmyD
3rd July 2016, 02:52 PM
85/74 this morning including a 110m hole out eagle on a par 4.

3Puttpete
3rd July 2016, 03:04 PM
38 points. 2 wipes.

Johnno
3rd July 2016, 03:46 PM
22 pts. Stupidly somehow dropped my putter on the ball which cost me a couple of points also. Dislike of how our greens are playing atm is seeping through my whole game. No confidence over putts or hitting in to them that they will hold. Feels like speed over playability has been chosen by greenkeepers.

Coopers Country
4th July 2016, 09:03 AM
The return of our interclub match with Quorn , went into the day expecting nothing , have had no confidence in anything the last month . 77/66 and 38points and don't really know how I got the score . Front 9 was nothing startling with 16 points , but there were signs of something that resembled golf . After a double on 10 , came home with a 36 for 22 points . Looking back could have been a lot better , I chipped really well , but couldn't buy a putt , and missed two 4 footers . Dropped a played to 10.4 off to be replaced with a played to 10.4 , first flag for 7 rounds though so overall pretty happy

Hatchman
4th July 2016, 10:56 AM
Nice one CC.
My card from Stirling Open only appeared in GL Saturday so I got 0.3 back for that and 0.4 for the round at home.
0.7 gain over the weekend [emoji3] and the next 4 flags with no singles left.

Yossarian
4th July 2016, 11:29 AM
Never birdie the first.

Hatchman
4th July 2016, 12:38 PM
Never birdie the first.

Why not?

Yossarian
4th July 2016, 12:51 PM
Cause the hoodoo will get you.

backintheswing
4th July 2016, 12:52 PM
Birdie backlash is a bitch.

Hatchman
4th July 2016, 01:12 PM
Cause the hoodoo will get you.

Is the hoodoo for the first or the first hole of the round?

BenM
4th July 2016, 01:24 PM
73 nett with a triple on the last on Saturday. Missed out on the prizes by 2 shots. FFS.

Played some really good golf shots at times, putted like a muppet though.

Steve57
4th July 2016, 01:43 PM
Is the hoodoo for the first or the first hole of the round?
First hole of the round Hatchy.

Yossarian
4th July 2016, 02:09 PM
I can confirm it is first hole of the round. Shotgun off the 8th on Saturday. Bird. Was worried but then parred 9.

Then wipe, double, double, double, wipe (having to take an unplayable from a 7 foot grasstree, took me near on five minutes to get it down with a 4 iron).

Hatchman
5th July 2016, 01:13 PM

How many points was this?

Matt 3 Jab
5th July 2016, 06:40 PM
How many points was this?

24 points

Kersh
5th July 2016, 07:27 PM
Interesting day today, 83 - 30putts - 6/14 fairways and 3 greens in reg. which is a little misleading as I was often putting from the fringe, getting good zip on the wedges but not flying them far enough. Hit driver 3 times and was +3 on those holes so I reckon it sees less time, as the 3 wood was 2/2 and crushed (don't know why I still haven't just gone to it permanently, we all love the big dog though). A double, bogey and a par with the driver, could be better but the par was a bit of a surprise, I blocked it so bad off the tee that I went into the hazard on the far side of the adjacent hole, dropped, and hit a 5 iron blind, over trees, into a breeze (seriously, not bragging here haha) to about 15 feet hole high from a position I'd never had to play into that green, made the putt, saved the par. Started the back with 4 straight pars followed it up with 4 straight bogeys that, 3/4 were makable putts, 10-12 feet and closer and had heartbreaking burnt edges. Left a couple out there as we all do but after reflection I'd have loved to shoot 37 on that back nine cause it certainly felt like with 4 combined millimetres going my way it could have been. Ah golf, what could have been....

Matt 3 Jab
6th July 2016, 02:36 PM
Hitting the ball well. Had -7 today in the par event. Getting to know where to hit it and where not too.

Happy days

Jarro
6th July 2016, 03:52 PM
Shity 27 points in the wind at Nudgee today.

jimandr
6th July 2016, 05:00 PM
The wind was cold enough and strong enough that I had to wear a jumper all day for the first time this year. The hardships we golfers have to put up with.

My play didn't make the discomfort worth it, either. 31 points wasn't awful in the conditions, but three doubles in the last five holes was. The real positive for the day was my chipping, which was very good.

My lowest flag round drops off today, and wasn't replaced by anything, so my days as a pretender off 6 are over. I just hope I can get back there again soon.

highballin
6th July 2016, 05:09 PM
Interesting day today, 83 - 30putts - 6/14 fairways and 3 greens in reg. which is a little misleading as I was often putting from the fringe, getting good zip on the wedges but not flying them far enough. Hit driver 3 times and was +3 on those holes so I reckon it sees less time, as the 3 wood was 2/2 and crushed (don't know why I still haven't just gone to it permanently, we all love the big dog though). A double, bogey and a par with the driver, could be better but the par was a bit of a surprise, I blocked it so bad off the tee that I went into the hazard on the far side of the adjacent hole, dropped, and hit a 5 iron blind, over trees, into a breeze (seriously, not bragging here haha) to about 15 feet hole high from a position I'd never had to play into that green, made the putt, saved the par. Started the back with 4 straight pars followed it up with 4 straight bogeys that, 3/4 were makable putts, 10-12 feet and closer and had heartbreaking burnt edges. Left a couple out there as we all do but after reflection I'd have loved to shoot 37 on that back nine cause it certainly felt like with 4 combined millimetres going my way it could have been. Ah golf, what could have been....

Good review of your round Kersh

Hard_Pan
6th July 2016, 05:35 PM
82/73 (31 points), in a stroke round today.. My game was very Ying and Yang. The 11th was typical; I hit a 250m+ drive straight down the middle of the 380m par 4 but then flubbed an 8 iron into the green side bunker. Hardly making any imprint in the wet sand, I somehow managed to lob my ball 30m out of the sodden bunker (with check), to within tap in distance for the par.

The whole way round, I felt on the verge of absolute disaster but every time I thought I'd topple over, I pulled out another shot to get me out of it..

Interestingly, despite the way I played (and the perfect conditions on the course), I somehow ended up with the lowest gross today.

wazamac
6th July 2016, 07:12 PM
Good going HP.

Grumpy8
9th July 2016, 08:52 AM
thursday comp 26 pts whole day was crap ,highlight was slipping on the 8th tee and face planting on the stairs

KristianJ
9th July 2016, 11:35 AM
29 points (16/13) this morning at Richmond.

All was going pretty good until I pushed a 5 iron off the 7th tee and then proceeded to amble around the rest of the course.

On the upside, the FJ Contour BOAs I recently bought and wore for the first time on course are superb.

Courty
9th July 2016, 02:03 PM
37pts. A bit disappointing after turning with 21.

hippo10
9th July 2016, 02:46 PM
33pts. Not too bad considering I had 1 point after 4 holes...

shazza_rs
9th July 2016, 03:09 PM
84/71 (par 69). In golflink as 34 points.

Played okay. Nothing great, nothing too abysmal. Two stupid doubles on par 3's probably hurt the most.

davidw88
9th July 2016, 03:51 PM
36 points today, alot better than last week after an 84 nett.

Johnno
9th July 2016, 03:54 PM
15/19 34pts total.

First time over 30pts for a long time. Could have putted better and still getting used to distances of new wedges but overall happy enough.

Grumpy8
9th July 2016, 04:14 PM
played matchplay today was beaten 3 n 2, was even after 9 ,wasted a few chances but was never really in it as i just cant hit mid irons at the moment

Coopers Country
9th July 2016, 08:07 PM
Stroke today had a 41/38 for a 79 which was 36 points . Just a a steady round in pretty tough gusty conditions , had a bit of a choke on 16 and 17 when someone decided they would tell me my score , glad to finish when we did the weather was turning foul

Dcanto
9th July 2016, 08:19 PM
37pts. A bit disappointing after turning with 21. Still a good result - you're back. :)

Steve57
9th July 2016, 08:30 PM
35/42= 77 Gross, 71 Nett
36 pts
3 Birdies, 9 Pars, 4 Bogies, 2 Triples!
Another what could have been, started again with a birdie on 1.

3Puttpete
9th July 2016, 09:27 PM
Fought through a cold/flu for a courageous 30 points at Bribie Island this morning.

It really is testament to my strength and character that I managed to drag myself out of bed.

I appreciate all your well wishes.

Hard_Pan
9th July 2016, 10:20 PM
28 points today. Dunno, just wasn't in it today for some reason. A couple of decent putts sunk for a couple of birdies and a couple of solid pars but little else to write home about. Thought I had a chance to improve after a 16 on the front 9 but then suffered the curse of the picket fence with a whole bunch of consecutive singles and then a couple of wipes leaving me the last two holes to cobble some semblance of a score on.

AlexMc
10th July 2016, 09:02 AM
37 points yesterday off 12 - 43/39 for 82. No wipes, 3 birdies out the back 9 to make up for a hosel on 14 and 4 3-putts for the round.

blurry
10th July 2016, 09:54 AM
Played in 2 ball h/c match play yesterday . But my partner didn't show , didn't matter , beat them 5/4 on my pat☝🏼I would have been a couple over off the stick when it finished on 14

JADO75
10th July 2016, 10:16 AM
Great job Blurry, Venn can definitely play so that's a big win.

JADO75
10th July 2016, 10:27 AM
Had 39pts yesterday & was lucky enough to win 2ball scratch. My 39 was also good enough to win A grade on a cb but our club has a dumb arse rule where you can only win one comp.
I put a new driver,driver shaft, fairway & some hi rev shafts in my wedges into play for the first time & whilst I had no birds, I hit the ball really well all day.

Johnno
10th July 2016, 01:59 PM
Was only going to play 9 holes today then bail due to other commitments. Put together a good front 9 though, 3 over (20pts), with a silly 3 putt on 8 so decided to risk the wife's wrath and carry on. She must have been at home with a voodoo doll cause the wheels fell right off after 11. Scored 7 points the last 7 holes including wiping 17 and 18 . 30 pts total in the end.

benno_r
10th July 2016, 04:52 PM
Darwin GC Monthly medal with Chapppppzzzz and a couple of locals. Pretty decent day out, with some of my best golf in the last 6 months. Driving was decent, as was putting. Irons and long game was a bit hit and miss though.

Played steady golf front 9 (and finally parring the 4th) saw me 1 under handicap until the 8th. A really dumb putt that went 8ft to long (from 10ft) saw a 3 putt double. Scraped a bogey in after a crap drive on 9 saw me turn even to handicap.

Par/bogey/bogey on 10/11/12 kept me level, but a great drive, great wedge, and great putt saw a good bird on 13 and -2 to hc. Gave it back and more with a pair of doubles on 14 and 15 with some dumb golf to go +1. Regulation bogey on 16 kept me there. Great drive on 17 was wasted as I blocked my approach 10m right. Flopped a beautiful 58 on the green that rimmed out - easy par saw me even. Red mist fell on 18 with a bit to much cut. Over punched a 5i, then high draw left me a 50ft putt for bird. Rolled it to 6in, for an easy tap in par.

Final result -1 85/71 (43/42), saw me break handicap for first time in 6 months. On top of all that, played the same ball all round.

1 bird
6 par
8 bogey
3 doubles

7/14 FIR
3/18 GIR
31 putts.

Hatchman
10th July 2016, 06:49 PM
Start of a return to some form Benno, well done?

benno_r
10th July 2016, 07:19 PM
Start of a return to some form Benno, well done?

Bloody hope so mate. Gave me my lowest flag of my 20 with a played to 11.9. HC dropped from 12.6 to 12.2.

Dcanto
10th July 2016, 09:15 PM
Well done Benno.

wazamac
11th July 2016, 09:15 AM
16/20 36 points for me on Saturday Morning.
First hit with the new putter and really happy with it. Rolls so much nicer than the old one.
Hopefully it just wasn't a honeymoon period.

3oneday
11th July 2016, 10:43 AM
Fought through a cold/flu for a courageous 30 points at Bribie Island this morning.

It really is testament to my strength and character that I managed to drag myself out of bed.

I appreciate all your well wishes.Are you out of hospital yet?

3Puttpete
11th July 2016, 11:15 AM
Are you out of hospital yet?

Didn't make it that far. I lacked the strength to call an ambulance

Steve57
11th July 2016, 11:49 AM
Didn't make it that far. I lacked the strength to call an ambulance
But obviously still alive!!

3Puttpete
11th July 2016, 12:03 PM
But obviously still alive!!

By some miracle. They'll probably write articles about me

wazamac
11th July 2016, 12:14 PM
There, there. Somebody needs a hug

Steve57
11th July 2016, 12:24 PM
There, there. Somebody needs a hug
Lager is no longer playing golf but I am sure he can give 3PP a hug!

3Puttpete
11th July 2016, 12:30 PM
Lager is no longer playing golf but I am sure he can give 3PP a hug!

He tried that once too often and it's the reason he doesn't play golf. His honour banned him from golf courses.

Slothman
11th July 2016, 12:33 PM
Weather was way better then predicted. Armagedden waited till Sunday. Still damn windy and a few rain showers but nothing too nasty.

Was hitting the ball well and started with a rather classy birdy. Sunk some big putts, had a few brain farts...standard day really.

-2 on a Par day. Could have easily been a +2 but jut had a few birdie putts lip and the tree on the last that kept my ball ....cost me a bit.

Golflink hasn't been updated yet...was a bit of a contraversy at Presentations as I had won Gross with a -5 (bad weather prediction kept the field at 70...so damn small) but someone else reckons they won with 29 Stableford points or something. Took my $50 voucher and smiled ;) Won a nearest to the pin as well....so a good day. Playing with JC this Wednesday in Albany...good news is weather looks pretty good. Just got to get my back sorted today, try and take money off the smiling canuck on Wednesday ;)

LarryLong
11th July 2016, 05:40 PM
Had my first hit for over a month on Saturday. Played OK for an honest 35 points. I hit the ball quite well by my standards, but just leaked shots here and there like I always do.

My only wipe for the day came after I hit a really good second shot on the 5th that only just trickled off the back. The flag was at the back of the green, so I decided to fringe putt up and somehow lifted my head and only just grazed the top of the ball with my putter. It didn't move, so I tried again, but I was rattled by that stage and had 4 more putts while trying not to laugh at my own stupidity. I am capable of some really dumb things on a golf course.

G.K
11th July 2016, 06:08 PM
Played in some interesting conditions on Saturday which included everything from complete calm to gusting winds and hail. Somehow managed to put together a score. Had 79 gross for 41 points. I was more than a little surprised at the result.

Although the best bit was in the clubhouse afterwards when the leaderboard came up. I had possibly missed out on my first club comp win by one point. Beaten by a gentleman on 42 points who goes by the name of Reginald Mustard.

Yossarian
11th July 2016, 06:15 PM
I already knew this but still lol'd. What a man is the Colonel.

rickie prowler
11th July 2016, 06:16 PM
Reasonably fine weather for a 7am tee time in Canberra. Never flushed one shot for the day but, but chipped and putted as well as I have in a long time. 24 putts and 36 points. Tee to green was filthy though, like I mean horrible to watch...

wazamac
11th July 2016, 06:46 PM
24 putts is pretty good around these parts Rickie.
Good one.

LarryLong
11th July 2016, 06:54 PM
Played in some interesting conditions on Saturday which included everything from complete calm to gusting winds and hail. Somehow managed to put together a score. Had 79 gross for 41 points. I was more than a little surprised at the result.

Although the best bit was in the clubhouse afterwards when the leaderboard came up. I had possibly missed out on my first club comp win by one point. Beaten by a gentleman on 42 points who goes by the name of Reginald Mustard.

Out-burgled by the Colonel. :) That's got to hurt.

Impressive round though!

Dotty
11th July 2016, 07:38 PM
I already knew this but still lol'd. What a man is the Colonel.
I double lol'd thinking about the captain calling up for the presentation ... 'Graham and The Colonel'.

3Puttpete
11th July 2016, 08:39 PM
I double lol'd thinking about the captain calling up for the presentation ... 'Graham and The Colonel'.

Ah woof woof

Grumpy8
13th July 2016, 09:24 AM
Played in a 4bbb at RM west on Monday , 43 pts won we had 35 , Naga was low 20's , had a 3 putt par , a 4 putt 5 on a par 3 , Birdie on another par 3 both putts about same length , overall I reckon I had more putts than all my other shots combined

Yossarian
13th July 2016, 11:17 AM

I had to google what this was...

WBennett
13th July 2016, 12:11 PM
I had to google what this was... Champagne comedy

Hard_Pan
13th July 2016, 02:08 PM
26 points at NH today. Bitterly cold wind but that was no excuse. Seem to be doing well on certain holes but others (particularly the 3/12th, 4/13th and 6/15th have me flumoxed at the moment. What's telling is I used to have a problem on the 5/14th as well but they've (temporarily), moved the blues to a different/more challenging position where we now look directly over a deep greenside bunker (and 10m further from the pin), but I've had no trouble with it since the move and I ntp'ed it both times today!

Need to get the demons outa my head soon; couple of important rounds coming up in the next fortnight.

Matt 3 Jab
13th July 2016, 02:53 PM
One of the tougher conditions ive played in for a long time. May need to get used to it.

22 points (9/13)

Hitting the ball well, just not getting the job done in high winds.

7 fairways, 5 greens and 36 putts.

At a guess it'll rate 77 or 78 today

3oneday
13th July 2016, 05:20 PM
On the enjoyment scale, today wouldn't have been much chop anywhere near Sydney.

jimandr
13th July 2016, 05:25 PM
You need to move to Ballina M3J. Not a breath of wind today.

Beautiful golf conditions and I made the best of it by playing really well for 37 points.

It was a round of statistical oddities though. I started with a 3 putt, then one-putted 8 of the next nine, and finished with 6 two-putts in a row. Even stranger was my back nine of 9 two pointers. I've probably done that before, but I can't recall it.

My lowest flag was dropping off today, but I've replaced it with something similar. And it was double bogey free, for an added bonus.

G.K
13th July 2016, 07:58 PM
I had to google what this was...

Wow. I feel really old all of a sudden.

Champagne comedy

AlexMc
13th July 2016, 08:20 PM
40 points today - 20/20, 79 off the stick off 12. 10/13 drives (only 1 bad miss), 30 putts (one 3-putt). 6 bogeys and a double.

Exact down to 10.5, have 8 rounds without a flag to get used to it!

3Puttpete
16th July 2016, 12:29 PM
35. 2 wipes. 2 3 putts

Johnno
16th July 2016, 01:36 PM
2 days crawling around a roof and 1 sliding around under a floor took its toll today woke up feeling stiff and sore. Started off well till the nurofen wore off then had a horror stretch in the middle before the body actually loosened up and played the last 7 in even par to kind of save the round 11/18 for 29 total

Grumpy8
16th July 2016, 05:31 PM
35 pts today 18/17 playing off 9 , had 3 double bogies ,no birdies , no 3 putts but did miss a short putt, four one pointers and a wipe .No penalties in any of the doubles just careless play

wazamac
16th July 2016, 05:50 PM
24 pts. 12/12@ Balaklava. Had absolutely no idea😔

live4golf
16th July 2016, 05:59 PM
35 points today, had a pretty good couple of months. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/e6490c325eb8992b7337ac9b060269a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

live4golf
16th July 2016, 06:01 PM
35 points today, had a pretty good couple of months.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/4ca0b97759bb2279eee63b6e32b3bd5f.jpg

mrbluu
16th July 2016, 06:01 PM
35 points today, had a pretty good couple of months. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/e6490c325eb8992b7337ac9b060269a2.jpg

Great work mate, now time for new clubs!!!😂

live4golf
16th July 2016, 06:04 PM
Great work mate, now time for new clubs!!!😂 Funny story...

Hatchman
16th July 2016, 08:37 PM
Stroke @ Balaklava

My swing and game in general is a steaming pile of shite atm.
I've got no stock shot and have no idea where any full shot is going to go atm.
Pitching & chipping are average at best and the putter is a shadow of what it used to be.
Highlight of the day was gutting the 56° from 50m out 3 foot off the ground while taking a divot.
I think I've reached the peak of my talent to pull that off.

Stats
90/83
Effective Drives 5,3=8
Greens in Reg 1,0=1
GIR from ED =1/8
Putts 16,17 =33
x2 3 stabbs, x4 doubles

Peppas
16th July 2016, 08:55 PM
Stroke @ Balaklava

Pitching & chipping are average at best and the putter is a shadow of what it used to be.
Highlight of the day was gutting the 56° from 50m out 3 foot off the ground while taking a divot.

Stats
90/83
Effective Drives 5,3=8
Greens in Reg 1,0=1
GIR from ED =1
Putts 16,17 =33
x2 3 stabbs, x4 doubles

Seeya in a month champ

Hatchman
16th July 2016, 10:01 PM
Seeya in a month champ

NAGA is all mine.

Peppas
16th July 2016, 10:04 PM
NAGA is all mine.

Hahhahahaha bring the kitcheners. Thanks pal :)

AlexMc
17th July 2016, 08:33 AM
32 (14/18.) points yesterday - 86 (45/41) off the stick playing off 11. 2/13 drives in reg, 31 putts. Terrible.

Coopers Country
17th July 2016, 10:34 AM
Played our interclub match at Quorn yesterday , don't think I can remember a better day weather wise and the course was in magnificent condition , I however after getting home at 3 am was considerably worse for wear . The front 9 was a bit of a blur but had 37 for 23 points with 3 birdies , birdied both par 3's , a chip in on the par 4 9th and missed a 2.5 footer on the second for bird as well . Back nine was just steady as I sobered up , I think I was 4 over sitting on the 17th tee , a 467m par 5 that I had a shot on, and managed to completely ass it up after hitting a perfect drive down the middle , losing the second shot pin high , three cold tops later and a duffed chip it was in my pocket for a wipe . Ended up with 17 points on the back so 23/17 for 40 points , but oh what it could have been , that's golf though

highballin
17th July 2016, 01:19 PM
Hope you learned your less CC don't sober up!

BenM
17th July 2016, 01:39 PM
29 points yesterday. With 2 birdies and a fair bit of good scrambling - the score flattered how badly I struck the ball.

Don't do a second weights session on the Friday night before a round of golf. Lesson learned.

Coopers Country
17th July 2016, 02:31 PM
I was suffering HB could only manage 4 beers for the day :D

Hatchman
17th July 2016, 05:59 PM
I was suffering HB could only manage 4 beers for the day :D

That might explain why Coopers stock price dropped yesterday [emoji13].

Coopers Country
17th July 2016, 08:00 PM
Might be down all week to I reckon Hatch , look for it to go up around friday

benno_r
17th July 2016, 08:44 PM
Darwin Single Stab Today.

Hadn't planned on playing today, but got jack of work and left to go play golf instead. Weather was awesome, fine, sunny, cool southerly, approx 26degrees. Started on 10, and fought a serious case of the lefts for the first 5 holes. All tee shots pulled. Scrambled my arse of and sunk a few nice puts to only drop 2 shots on those holes. Got it together on 14/15/16/17, dropping 2 more shots with regulation golf. Hit my drive on 18 into the left pot, having to hit out sideways, and making a hash for a double, I turned with 19pts (42).

Started the front drive with a bomb of a drive, only to waste it with a snap hook 3w into the trees for a wipe. Parred 2 and 3, and followed up with another wipe from the middle of the fairway on 4. Went on a tear to finish the last 5 holes, hitting all 5 greens in regulation. Sunk one bird on 7 (finally removing the last bogey from my eclectic), and parred the rest with putts on 8 and 9 catching some hole and not dropping. Finished with 20pts (40).

19/20-39 (42/40-82)

9/14 FIR
8/18 GIR
1 bird
10 par
4 bogey
2 double
1 triple
33putts, 1 3jab

Handicap dropped from 12.2 to 11.6.

Hatchman
18th July 2016, 05:35 PM
Stroke @ Balaklava

Stats
90/83
Effective Drives 5,3=8
Greens in Reg 1,0=1
GIR from ED =1/8
Putts 16,17 =33
x2 3 stabbs, x4 doubles

Got my first double digit flag since taking it up again after this round.
Only 2 rounds played to singles in the last 17 rounds.

wazamac
18th July 2016, 06:06 PM
-8 in par comp yesterday, 28 pts equiv.
Same crap continued from Saturday. Only consolation is that I got the NTP. Landed 4 ft in front of the hole bounced past and spun back to level with the pitch mark. Missed the putt:x

JADO75
18th July 2016, 08:45 PM
Played Dunheved today for 33pts. All in all hit the ball well but wiped 3 holes from my lack of technique when chipping from kikuyu. Couple of highlights, first was getting a NTP on a Superhole. 124m to the pin with a gap wedge that I hooked (on purpose) about 10m to a prick of a pin spot & I'll end up with a voucher for about $100. 2nd highlight was hitting a drive on the 18th following a 20 year old who rates himself enormously & plays low, who after he hit his tee ball said I got all that & that'll take some beating. Seeing the look on his face when he went to the long ball & realised it was mine about 15m in front of his was priceless haha. Get that up ya young fella!

Hatchman
18th July 2016, 10:08 PM
Played Dunheved today for 33pts. All in all hit the ball well but wiped 3 holes from my lack of technique when chipping from kikuyu. Couple of highlights, first was getting a NTP on a Superhole. 124m to the pin with a gap wedge that I hooked (on purpose) about 10m to a prick of a pin spot & I'll end up with a voucher for about $100. 2nd highlight was hitting a drive on the 18th following a 20 year old who rates himself enormously & plays low, who after he hit his tee ball said I got all that & that'll take some beating. Seeing the look on his face when he went to the long ball & realised it was mine about 15m in front of his was priceless haha. Get that up ya young fella!

Nice one old man :). Put those young whipper snappers in their place.

Hard_Pan
20th July 2016, 01:29 PM
30 points in the mid-week stab at NH today. Started off quite decently and had 19 points at the turn (one wipe, 2 birdies), and easily parred the par 4 10th for 2 points but then the wheels fell off. Drive off the 11th ended up in a bush ~ 220m from the tee box. Found the ball (drop + penalty), and hit a nice ~170m baby draw with a five iron around a tree to the green. Ball landed on the green but because draw, ran off a couple of feet. Chipped within 3 feet and had a putt for 2 points but treated it like a tap in and missed! Parred the par 3 11th no problems. Relatively decent drive on the par 4 13th. Second shot, 5 iron bled off to the right more than anticipated left me with a 40m pitch over a grass bunker, to an elevated green. Seem to have a mental block at this distance atm. As feared, flubbed into the grass bunker. Over exuberant getting out pitch rolled 15m too long up the hill. Putt down hill lipped out and then kept rolling. Wipe! Par 3 14th, 1 point after missing the green and chip rolling too far. Parred the par 5 15th for 2 points. Decent drive on the 220m par 4 16th but was a little too far left to lob a pitch on the green (60m),elected to chip and run with an 8 iron. Chip ran across green into bunker. Two shots out of bunker lead to wipe!. 1 point on the 200m par 3 17th after going too far right with tee shot and shanking a 40m pitch to the green. Nasty kick after my drive on the 18th found my ball at the base of a bush. Managed to punt it out and then 120m 8 iron within 5 feet of the pin but missed the par putt for 2 points.

Relatively happy with my drives, really happy with mid to long irons, chipping OK, putting OKish but absolutely cannot hit a pitch from 40-60m out!!!! :(

highballin
20th July 2016, 05:04 PM
30pts today some good stuff and some bad stuff 11/19

Hard_Pan
20th July 2016, 05:22 PM
I should've played your first 9 HB and you my last 9! :)

Hatchman
20th July 2016, 05:31 PM
At least you've both got a good 9 in ya [emoji12]

jimandr
20th July 2016, 05:46 PM
OK, lets get the highlight of my golfing year out the way first.

I had an eagle today. 150m out on the 3rd, on the perfect angle, I hit a perfect 5 hybrid which pitched a couple of yards short of the green, got the perfect bounce, hit the flagstick dead on, and dropped. 2 a 4!

I didn't waste it either, because I had a good day for 37 points. This is my second very good round in a row. I thought 6 was too low a handicap for me, but at the moment I'm playing to it. Good times.

The other news to report is that the day was a multiplier. There were three 4 pointers in the group, and each time the partner multiplied it with a wipe for a total of zero.

Deester
20th July 2016, 06:13 PM
12 points total at St Andrews for the Doak Challenge. A little part of me inside died that day.

Hatchman
20th July 2016, 09:25 PM
Wow, Deester , that's a bad day on the course. All clubs still straight and in one piece?
Full marks and respect for posting it. That will take some beating for this months NAGA.

Deester
20th July 2016, 09:39 PM
Full marks and respect for posting it.

It's all part of the healing process mate.

All clubs still straight and in one piece?

Clubs yes, ego nooooo

mrbluu
21st July 2016, 08:17 AM
Played in Sunday with Noren and Peppas.

Hit a nice 5iron to about 8 feet on 1 and lipped out for birdie. Bogeyed 2 and 3 and had to take an unplayable on 4 after a terrible drive into bushes and made double. Soft bogeys on 5 and 7, but did manage to par 6 and 8. Wiped 9 for 13 points. [emoji26]

Nice drive on 10 leaving a wedge in and a easy 2 putt par. Got a way with murder with my tee shot on 11. I thinned my 3 wood and it somehow skipping over the hazard and made it to the fairway and I almost make birdie.

Nice 5 iron 12 and I finally hole a putt for birdie. Easy pars on 13 and 14. I pushed my drive a touch on 15 , just in the tree line and about 90m. Hit a nice bump and run, but thought it went over the back. Walked up and it was 1 foot away for an easy tap in.

Parred 16 and 17. To be -2 off the bat on the back nine.

Hit a good drive up 18 on the right side of the fairway leaving myself a hanging lie. First green I missed all back nine. Hit and awesome bunker shot for my 3rd and lipped out for par. A little disappointing not to hit 9 greens and to go bogey free, but I still shot -1 for that nine.

First time I've hit 8 straight greens and finished with 22 points on the back for 35 overall.

Stats.

2 x Birdies
11 x GIRS
33 putts
0 x 3 putts
2 x doubles

Grumpy8
21st July 2016, 07:42 PM
12 points total at St Andrews for the Doak Challenge. A little part of me inside died that day.

was it a bit windy down there ?

Grumpy8
21st July 2016, 07:56 PM
thursday comp, bit cool n wet to start with but was ok , 14/18 wiped 4th n 5 th , driver was good , putting was hot n cold , couple 3 putts/ sunk couple longish putts/ missed a couple easy shortish putts , struggled with short irons - hitting some fat and taking big divots , had 5 x 3 pointers but had 5 x 1 pointers and 2 x wipes h/cap still at 9.3

Deester
21st July 2016, 10:30 PM
was it a bit windy down there ?

Nup ... Was a pretty nice day. Just some of the worst golf I have managed to ever put together.

jimandr
22nd July 2016, 06:12 PM
32 points today. Doesn't sound very special, and it wasn't, but it was my first game for about 6 years off a 5 handicap. It may be my last, as well, as my next game will be from the blue tees and a low flag will drop off. I won't be really upset, as playing to that means playing out of my skin just to play to handicap.

I played Ok, but just missed a few easy approaches, so I kept finding myself under the lips of bunkers rather than on the green.

wazamac
23rd July 2016, 11:39 AM
21pts. 9/12. Stuff golf😁

Johnno
23rd July 2016, 01:54 PM
I dont always 4 putt but when I do I like it to be 2nd hole of a medal round.
Played ok till 10 then went on a bogie run and finished with 2 doubles. Didnt handle the wind. Hit a lot of what should have been good shots until the wind stepped in and pushed them short or long or either side.
91/80.

shazza_rs
23rd July 2016, 02:04 PM
31 points for me at Nudgee.

Hot and cold with the putter. 1 putts or 3 putts. Meh!

Hard_Pan
23rd July 2016, 04:29 PM
28 points at NH today. Started on the 7th; shotgun start for a memorial cup. Began well with three pars and was getting solid 2 and 3 pointers until we got around to the 13th, where once again, wheels began to fall off and I limped home with the aforementioned score. Wasted opportunities on two holes by playing a ball that had split (the right one in my avatar), without me realising it. I hit my drive on the 16th and thought I hit it flush but it sounded really weird and just dropped out of the sky. Landed in the rough - did not see anything amiss, hit it OK out of the rough and onto the green. Putted out and then went to tee off on the next hole and it did the same thing. This time I had a look and yep, big split down the middle! Must have split internally on the previous hole and the last tee shot split the skin.

BenM
23rd July 2016, 05:24 PM
Weird day today. Freezing cold. The course is absolutely sodden from the ridiculous amount of rain we've had, greens are like slow rolling marshmallow and bunkers are GUR.

I really struggled round the front 9, only managed 15 points.

Made regulation bogeys on 10 and 11, then 4 pars, bogey par birdie to finish 2 over round the back 9 and 22 points.

37pts was good enough for second in B grade OCB.

No wipes, no 3 putts was probably the secret (though I had 34 putts all up).

Grumpy8
23rd July 2016, 05:56 PM
stableford comp today, was also cold max of 8* today , course is pretty wet ,had couple drives plug in middle of fairway , 15pts front nine wiped 5 th(lost ball ) n 6 th holes(3 putt), had first one pointer on 9th ,18 pts back nine one pointer on 10 and wipe on 12 then played last 6 one under in rain, hail, wind and brilliant sunshine(crazy melbourne weather) won a ball dropped .1 off cap .Drove ball as well as I ever have (except for 5th) the rest was so so .

highballin
23rd July 2016, 06:07 PM
37pts today

12/14 Fairways, 7 GIR, 31putts, 2x3putts

Couple of 3putts and bladed two short irons cost me. On the upside didn't let it get to me and came home strong, 2 over 2nd 9

bxp
23rd July 2016, 06:49 PM
Good day out today, my playing partner was soft and pulled out because it was 5 degrees (feels like -2) with 25-30km/h wind gusts.

Scored 105, which I'm pretty happy with on a day where I never seemed to have the wind behind me.

I was reading another thread about being too far away from the ball, so today I tried having my arms straight down and closer to me. I felt my swing going more up and down rather than slingy and around, so no erratic hooks or slices today. That and I feel like my wedge distance is finally dialled in so I was more confident at less than 80m, which my Gamegolf stats show a big improvement.

Coopers Country
23rd July 2016, 07:09 PM
Crap day 28 pts 16 and 12 , dont know why it was so bad have hit the ball a lot worse and scored better , two 3 pointers for the day tell the story . A lot of scrambling for the points I got though , the dreaded 9/18th got me twice , 1 out each time , with the highlight being 18 which was a head on collision with an on coming car , pieces flew and he slowed down by the tee block and waved wtf ?? But 5 for 1 both times . Silly Bloody Game

Hatchman
23rd July 2016, 09:32 PM
Was in two minds to play today as I was still p!ssed off about the damaged car and stolen welder yesterday.

Made the trip to Kapunda knowing the course was going to be sloppy after the heavy rains at the start and end of the week.
Started poorly with double, par, double, bogey, bogey. Both doubles were a result of a short fat wedge from 50-60m backed up by bladed chips.
Somehow managed to par the next 3 but fatted another pitch from 30m. Holed a 15m pitch over a small tree off a bare lie on the nemesis hole and was only one down on hcp for the nine.
Started the back nine with 2 regulation pars drawing even on hcp. Hit a cracking drive into the wind on 12 leaving 115m in on the edge of fairway. Hit the knock down shot horribly fat than shanked the 30m pitch and doubled the hole for a wipe to give it all away. Par, bogey, par on the next 3 to get one back again. Went snap hook, snap hook on the par 5 ending up 2 fairways wide. Got the 3rd to 3m off the green than stubbed the chip leaving a monster putt which I 3 jiggled for another wipe. Closed the 9 out with another fat wedge from 80m out in the centre of fairway on 17 followed by another stubbed chip. Missed bird from 3 foot on 18 to rub the salt in.
High DSR of 75 has the round as a played to 7.9 and a flag ffs.

Stats
17,15 = 32pts
Effective Drives 2,3 = 5
Greens in Reg 1,3 = 4
GIR from ED 0,2 =2/5
Putts 12,16 = 28
x1 birdie, x4 doubles, x1 hosel rocket

3Puttpete
23rd July 2016, 09:48 PM
Thought about a chipper?

Hatchman
23rd July 2016, 09:57 PM
Thought about a chipper?

I have, but the embarrassment of stubbing :smt087 that as well would be too much :oops:.
Today's stubathon is not a new thing sadly :cry:

AlexMc
23rd July 2016, 10:12 PM
Individual Stab today - course is soaked after 60mm of rain this week and 250mm in a month, windy and cold. 5 hour round after they sent the ladies out to play a stroke event in front of us. Great decision in shit conditions.

29 points today - 89/78. 6/13 fairways, 33 putts, 1 birdie (from off the green). Really lost enthusiasm standing around waiting on every shot...

3Puttpete
24th July 2016, 01:28 PM
5 x 1. 3 wipes.

chappy1970
24th July 2016, 06:06 PM
A bit windy in Melbourne today, threat of rain. Started spitting as i putted out on the last.

2 down + 1 down = 3 down. Not the worst but couldn't get the putter going.

Like a good thing preparing for the SRC, I'll be better for the run.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

benno_r
24th July 2016, 06:37 PM
Played Maryborough again today. Rd2 club champs. Kept the Nike Irons in play but changed everything else. Bonus was Nike wedges were way better than the Vokeys yesterday. Went from Lajosi mini to Lajosi Roko. Made some great putts, and lagged everything else very close. Lipped out 2 putts from 30+ ft. Super happy with the putting at the moment.

Everything else - Bio Cell + is just a little too much driver for me. Goes very long when hit right, but was all over the shop with it today. Still have a problem pulling my irons, which ruined a few decent tee shots, and putt me in some crappy positions which I couldn't recover.

Sadly, also lost a ball on 9 today (pulled it into lake right) - ending the run @ 91 holes (I think), after dribbling it into the water on 8 (but able to retrieve it). Also carved one right over the road on 14.

44/45 89 (nett 77 par 70)
9 FIR
6 GIR
6 par
6 bogey
6 other

32 putts, 0 3jabs.

wazamac
24th July 2016, 09:54 PM
Swinging the worst I have ever been lately.
15 pts after 15 holes before the siren went off calling the comp. off
Rain coming in sideways with the occasional hail.
Maybe time for a break.

highballin
25th July 2016, 04:19 PM
Swinging the worst I have ever been lately.
15 pts after 15 holes before the siren went off calling the comp. off
Rain coming in sideways with the occasional hail.
Maybe time for a break.

Yep good time of the year for a refresh Waz

83/74 today
9/14 Fairways, 6 GIR, 29putts 0x3putts

wazamac
25th July 2016, 06:55 PM
Must be nice up there at the moment HB. Everything has gone into hiding down here in the cold, and I mean everything:D

highballin
25th July 2016, 08:08 PM
Saturday was ridiculous 30deg

backintheswing
25th July 2016, 08:09 PM
32 here on Sunday

Hatchman
25th July 2016, 10:06 PM
Yep good time of the year for a refresh Waz

83/74 today
9/14 Fairways, 6 GIR, 29putts 0x3putts

How many pts is that?

Shadesy
25th July 2016, 10:25 PM
Anyone worse than 26pts?

First real hit for 6 weeks and it showed

wazamac
25th July 2016, 10:30 PM
Anyone worse than 26pts?First real hit for 6 weeks and it showed That's a good score compared to what's on here👍🏻

Hatchman
25th July 2016, 10:47 PM
Anyone worse than 26pts?

First real hit for 6 weeks and it showed

That's a bit more than double the leader #longwayoff

highballin
26th July 2016, 06:11 AM
How many pts is that?

Not sure yet but probably not enough to be on any lists:?

SundayHack
26th July 2016, 12:15 PM
Club champs on the weekend. 1st round 82/70 or 38pts. Was +4 with 4 to play and double bogeyed 3 of the last 4. Massive choke. Par those 3 and I would have been sitting 2nd overall. Got blind Saturday night/Sunday morning and struggled to hit it out of my shadow on Sunday for a 2nd round 95/83 or 25pts. Neither would be good enough for Mug/Naga this month.

Hatchman
26th July 2016, 12:34 PM
Not sure yet but probably not enough to be on any lists:?

Yep, wont be enough to make either leader boards but helps keeps my master list in order so I don't miss any :neutral:

Club champs on the weekend. 1st round 82/70 or 38pts. Was +4 with 4 to play and double bogeyed 3 of the last 4. Massive choke. Par those 3 and I would have been sitting 2nd overall. Got blind Saturday night/Sunday morning and struggled to hit it out of my shadow on Sunday for a 2nd round 95/83 or 25pts. Neither would be good enough for Mug/Naga this month.

38pts is good enough to be on the bump line at this stage.
25pts doesn't make the leader board for the good golfers out of luck :)

Grumpy8
27th July 2016, 12:49 PM
Played tues comp at Warragul yesterday , par comp , -3 both sides for -6 haven't played there for a few months and it showed , had a nightmare on the greens missed way too many putts ,what made things worse is that I get shots on first three and last three holes and four shots for the middle 12 , had plus 3 and missed 3 short par putts on the six and therefore -9 on the middle 12 .

Matt 3 Jab
27th July 2016, 01:05 PM
29 points today.

Really hitting the ball well. A few wipes from good areas hurt me today.

Driving the ball well. Irons good. Putting was up and down but 31 putts with a few 3's and a 4 putt. Working with a putting coach and it feels better already.

9/14 fairways

5 greens

31 putts.

Hitting it really well all up

highballin
27th July 2016, 03:51 PM
Been playing in the Qld Seniors Championship 3 rounds started on Monday.

Started with an 83/74 which was solid enough and around what I was hoping for.

Tuesday had a shocker, playing back 9 first, started with a double and was 6 over after about 5 fought my way back with a few pars and got myself back on track.
Then on the 18th I was over the back for 2 thought I would play it safe and putt up the incline and settle for bogey at worst. Putt didn't make the green. Next putt goes past the hole and down the hill off the green starting to get a bit flustered now and have a 20ft putt back up the hill. Better make sure this gets to pin so give it a bit extra and putt it off the green above the hole. Now have 10ft putt down a slope and put it 6ft past. Next putt is my 5th putt but my first on the green. Sink it for a 7.

Needless to say I was shattered and the next 9 was awful finished with a 93/84

Final round today 77/68 my best round ever. Missed a couple of short putts and lost a ball but didn't lose my focus.

Ball striking really solid and putting and short game good. 3 birds, 30putts, 9GIR, 11/14 fairways

Finished midfield off the stick and 15th nett.

Will post Stableford scores for Hatch when they go in

wazamac
27th July 2016, 04:52 PM
Good going Grandpa.

highballin
27th July 2016, 05:01 PM
Good going Grandpa.

Thanks whipper snapper:lol:

Stableford for Hatch 34, 24, 40

Yoo Hoo I make a list!

WBennett
27th July 2016, 05:14 PM
29 points today. Really hitting the ball well. A few wipes from good areas hurt me today. Driving the ball well. Irons good. Putting was up and down but 31 putts with a few 3's and a 4 putt. Working with a putting coach and it feels better already. 9/14 fairways5 greens31 putts. Hitting it really well all upWhats thee course rating there? General DSR?Would 32 points normally be a flag?

jimandr
27th July 2016, 05:34 PM
29 points today, but a really good ball-striking round so I'm not too disappointed. I hit 8 GIR and wasn't too far away on the others, but shot 13 over.

My short game has been good for a while, but it deserted me completely today. 5 three-putts, two flubbed chips and only one genuine up and down is the way to turn a good score into a bad one.

Jarro
27th July 2016, 06:56 PM
29 points today, driver was a bit off and i sprayed it a bit, but irons were good.

3 wipes on the back nine ruined the round.

Matt 3 Jab
27th July 2016, 07:53 PM
Whats thee course rating there? General DSR?Would 32 points normally be a flag?

Course is Par 72, played the blues today which has a slope of 138, Scratch of 74. DSR today was 78.

Black markers are slope 142, scratch 75, and last time rated 77. Lowest it has rated that ive seen is 75.

Oh and today was 29 points and that was a flag for me. 32 points would be good, not enough to win, but you'll beat your handicap generally.

Hatchman
27th July 2016, 08:17 PM
Thanks whipper snapper:lol:

Stableford for Hatch 34, 24, 40

Yoo Hoo I make a list!

Your on the list. 2 less points and it would have been both, much disapoint :(

Putt one off a green :D, arhhhhhhhh the memories from Tanunda :roll:

wazamac
27th July 2016, 09:18 PM
Your on the list. 2 less points and it would have been both, much disapoint :(Putt one off a green :D, arhhhhhhhh the memories from Tanunda :roll: Stop picking on me😝

Hatchman
27th July 2016, 10:17 PM
Stop picking on me😝

I thought yours stayed on 10 ��
I was referring to mine on the long par 3 6th ��

wazamac
28th July 2016, 09:56 AM
The 10th is the only hole etched into my memory:D

Grumpy8
28th July 2016, 06:30 PM
Played in thurs comp at beaconhills today , we played off the red tees , slope of 107 , scratch rating 66 , played off 9 , had 40 pts , 16/24 two wipes and a one pointer in front nine . back nine i was 3 under after 7 holes and had only had 8 putts , was on track for 26 pts, had shots on last 3 holes , all par 4's , hit 3 good drives , hit 3 poor wedges ( one short one long and one right ) parred 16 , bogies 17 18 both short par putts lipped out and true to course 42 pts won the comp.

WBennett
28th July 2016, 06:41 PM
Played in thurs comp at beaconhills today , we played off the red tees , slope of 107 , scratch rating 66 , played off 9 , had 40 pts , 16/24 two wipes and a one pointer in front nine . back nine i was 3 under after 7 holes and had only had 8 putts , was on track for 26 pts, had shots on last 3 holes , all par 4's , hit 3 good drives , hit 3 poor wedges ( one short one long and one right ) parred 16 , bogies 17 18 both short par putts lipped out and true to course 42 pts won the comp.

Putt putt doesn't count for best score of the week.

Grumpy8
28th July 2016, 08:33 PM
Putt putt doesn't count for best score of the week.
tell that to golflink , they chopped half a shot off me

AndyP
30th July 2016, 01:17 PM
First hit for 2 months. Stick it inside one metre on my first shot for a birdie, and shoot three under off the stick at Corinda Pitch 'n Putt. Game conquered.

Matt 3 Jab
30th July 2016, 01:30 PM
Nice shooting!

Johnno
30th July 2016, 01:57 PM
Was lucky enough to play at Bonnie Doon a couple of afternoons this week so was a bit flat having to come back to Livo which is still chopped up and preferred lies everywhere.
Played accordingly.
Greens have unfortunately dried out and gone back to being inconsistent and unresponsive. Couldn't manage less then a 2 putt on any holes.
92/81.

AndyP
30th July 2016, 03:20 PM
Nice shooting!My 51 trumps the 58 by that chopper in the second level US tour.

Hard_Pan
30th July 2016, 04:30 PM
79/69 for 35 points in the third round of the Saturday Eclectic and first round of the qualifier for the President's Cup. Blustery, cold day today at NH with a gusty Nor'wester that just got stronger as the day progressed.

Started off with a sold par on the first and then GIR'ed the par 4 2nd before slotting a 30m+ putt for birdie. Weird thing was I thought I mishit the putt and was left with no feeling as to whether I'd hit it weak or strong but to it's credit the ball kept rolling, and rolling until it popped out of sight into the hole.

Managed to eek a par out of the par 3 third and then yet again, failed miserably at the 4th. Decent drive, slightly fatted a 5 iron approach leaving me a 15m pitch over bunkers, which I then proceeded to lob my ball into. Frustrated, I mistakenly grabbed my 52 Vokey instead of my 60 and nearly smacked the ball out of bounds. Managed to scramble back for one point. From that point, it was a down and dirty scramble and I don't know which was the bigger challenge, the wind or my pscyhe but I managed to come home well with a bunch of pars which I think will just about do it for the Eclectic (which I happen to be defending) and maybe the comp. I'll edit this post once the final scores go up.

Stats:
12/12 serviceable drives
10 pars
5 GIRs
28 putts (including a quad but no triples)
1 birdie
3 wipes

Edit: Missed the comp win by a stroke. :roll:

Grumpy8
30th July 2016, 05:52 PM
off the reds again today , 20/18 for 38 pts , lost another .2 off cap . totalled 19 pts on first 3 and last 3 holes, 19 pts on the other 12. couple wipes and some one pointers . Best part of today i think i may have fixed the problem i was having with hitting mid irons and wedges .

Slug
30th July 2016, 07:46 PM
Monthly medal stroke day. Ended with 94/76 for 34 points
2nd hole of day.....11
4 out of a nice wet hard bunker followed by 4 putts! What a ripper of a hole that was.
Anything off the tee wasnt kind to me most of day, particularly driver, but after the 2nd hole debacle, irons and wedge play were some of my best for quite a while.
Enjoyable day and just missed the gale force winds that were setting in as we finished on 17

blurry
31st July 2016, 07:28 AM
Par event at Penrith yesterday, finished +2 off 7. Was +4on 17th tee.... 🙄

davidw88
31st July 2016, 08:31 AM
Played in at a course I hadn't played before and shot 75 for 72 nett on a par 71 so was happy with that.

Dunc72
31st July 2016, 01:29 PM
Played in the frost in Christchurch, greens like concrete, didn't even bother adding up the score! Had the whole course to myself though...

blurry
31st July 2016, 04:25 PM

3Puttpete
31st July 2016, 05:01 PM
31. 4 wipes. 1 x 3 putt

highballin
31st July 2016, 05:23 PM
83/74 Stroke event, 34 Stableford

8/14 Fairways, 31putts 1x3putt, 4 GIR

Scrambled all day which I'm generally not good at, but a lot of good up and downs saved me today

Deester
31st July 2016, 06:06 PM
35points in comp off 15 today at National Moonah.

Looks like the mojo may be slowly returning after a few golfing soul crushing rounds.

Missed a few putts that I should not of ... Could of been better.

Coopers Country
31st July 2016, 08:20 PM
88/77 for 28 points today , couldn't really get into it today , driver was all over the place ,iron play was poor , chipping was average , and my putting was ok . Really struggling to get through 18 holes the last month an old ankle injury is playing up again and now my knee has decided start aching after 9 holes as well , wasn't much fun today

Slothman
1st August 2016, 11:56 AM
Another Par round, another good performance. I am not sure what it is about Par events but I seem to do well in them.

Played off 6...+1 for the day. 3 Birdies. Won me the Gross again (I don't care that most of the top A graders didn't play...still claiming it).

Wind was a pain all day. Blustery and strong. Blowing across the course and swinging to be from the front or rear around 3 times a hole. Tough to find greens. Thank christ the putter worked when they did.

HC down to 4.8, lowest its ever been. Get to play off 5 for the second time ever this week for the Monthly Mug. Should only be for 1 week again, but hey...never thought I would ever do that :)

mrbluu
1st August 2016, 11:58 AM
Another Par round, another good performance. I am not sure what it is about Par events but I seem to do well in them.

Played off 6...+1 for the day. 3 Birdies. Won me the Gross again (I don't care that most of the top A graders didn't play...still claiming it).

HC down to 4.8, lowest its ever been. Get to play off 5 for the second time ever this week for the Monthly Mug. Should only be for 1 week again, but hey...never thought I would ever do that :)
Great work mate!!!