PDA

View Full Version : GOLF Major Design Project

Kry
24th June 2016, 01:42 PM
Would you guys be able to check out this survey for me, it is for my school project and it is an app to help beginner golfers. Thanks. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QBC7NWP

WBennett
24th June 2016, 01:54 PM
Kry - high school, tafe or uni?

Any app that slows beginners playing even more than they are is an app that should be discouraged.

An app that teaches people how to play faster should be encouraged.

Dotty
24th June 2016, 02:07 PM
Bobby Jones and Jack Nicklaus never had an app and they went all right.

I suggested an app that switches the phone off, so they can observe what is actually around them and have a conversation with the people playing with them.

3oneday
24th June 2016, 02:10 PM
Intermediate.

live4golf
24th June 2016, 02:43 PM
Done mate, good initiative.

Kry
27th June 2016, 09:57 AM
Spoilers you don't need an app to turn off your phone, just thought i would tell you. Technology may not be your strong suit.

Kry
27th June 2016, 09:58 AM
It is for my HSC so highschool

PerryGroves
27th June 2016, 11:27 AM
Good on ya Kry, questions answered, good luck..........Dotty used to caddy for Bobby Jones back in the day, he might not know apps but he knows how far Bobby could hit a spoon. Try the Google app for what a spoon is :)

wazandnic
27th June 2016, 12:12 PM
Done. Possibly a place for it if it's done right. I know when I've taken my wife or kids out they often have no idea what club they should hit. If they could look at a screen that said, you have 80m to go, you hit your 3W 80m I suggest using your 3W, then it may be of use??

Dotty
27th June 2016, 12:55 PM
On Saturday, I played with someone who had his club distances written on a strip of masking tape stuck on his buggy handle, so there is a market for it.

No problem with doing it as a learning exercise, the same way we did rocket trajectory, compound interest or chemical degradation calculators (well before Excel existed).

I just don't want golf to become a look-up for each distance, a look-up for etiquette, a look-up for the rules, a look-up for odds on a go-for-it-versus-safe-shot, a look-up for snack bar menu, etc. (followed by the posting on social media of the good approach shot and a picture of the snack bar kimchi chai latte salad.)

Same as I don't think we need an app where you can type in your speed and it will tell you how many seconds before a corner that you should indicate.

3Puttpete
27th June 2016, 01:35 PM
Www.distanceclips.com

Or a brain.

Captain Nemo
27th June 2016, 02:34 PM
Www.distanceclips.com (http://Www.distanceclips.com)

Or a brain.
Deadset, you've had to be a moron to by them....