PDA

View Full Version : My V-Steel T/Spoon

McMw
30th July 2004, 11:06 PM
Sorry...no pics yet... :lol: (not that anyone wants to see it anyway)
but after 9 holes (4 shots), this club is staying in the bag!!!
Looks great, ozzes confidence, and very easy to hit!!!

Came with the DGS300, which had been worrying me (abt playability), but wow...it's great!!!

Real test tomorrow, when I play 18... 8)

funny thing, I guess the 975f 14.5 with ei70stiff will be up for grabs next week...
I've had it for 5 days now, and I have yet to hit a single shot with it!!! :lol:
Might take it out for a whirl sometime next week before putting it up for sale...

Either that, or keep it, and sell the TM200 2wood... :lol:

The only think that spoiled it for me was the fact that my R540XD wasn't shipped with the VSteel...very very annoyed and p-oed!!! :roll:

I wasn't really expecting the package today (lost all emails and contacts due to system crash)...

terryand
31st July 2004, 06:38 AM
Sorry...no pics yet... :lol: (not that anyone wants to see it anyway)
but after 9 holes (4 shots), this club is staying in the bag!!!
Looks great, ozzes confidence, and very easy to hit!!!

Came with the DGS300, which had been worrying me (abt playability), but wow...it's great!!!

Real test tomorrow, when I play 18... 8)

funny thing, I guess the 975f 14.5 with ei70stiff will be up for grabs next week...
I've had it for 5 days now, and I have yet to hit a single shot with it!!! :lol:
Might take it out for a whirl sometime next week before putting it up for sale...

Either that, or keep it, and sell the TM200 2wood... :lol:

The only think that spoiled it for me was the fact that my R540XD wasn't shipped with the VSteel...very very annoyed and p-oed!!! :roll:

I wasn't really expecting the package today (lost all emails and contacts due to system crash)...

I felt the same way when I picked up my 980 13 strong with DG s300 in it.

Cause I got it for a song I was just going to rip the steel shaft out for a good graphite one,but after the first range session I had second thoughts and after the game, I haven't thought of it again.

I've been talking with Jono and I am thinking of playing around with a slightly shorter than usual steel shafted driver,cause both Jono and Nudgee reckon on occasions I hit my 3 wood as far as my driver's average hits,not the bombs(which are becoming less frequent too).

Terry.

McMw
31st July 2004, 11:04 AM
Cause I got it for a song I was just going to rip the steel shaft out for a good graphite one,but after the first range session I had second thoughts and after the game, I haven't thought of it again.

YUP...that was my intention to!!! Espcially as I have two spare grap shafts atm... :lol:
but I didn't lose any distance (not noticable anyway), and I defn like the "heaviness" of the club too...
but how much can I really tell after 4 hits right??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am thinking of playing around with a slightly shorter than usual steel shafted driver
it's kinda weird, coz the last time I had a steel shaft in the driver (Tm320), that was a DISASTER!!! :cry:
maybe down the line when I get bored, I might consider a TX90stiff into a driver head for fun... :lol:

jaster
31st July 2004, 12:43 PM
Nice pickup mau.....;)

Jarro
31st July 2004, 03:54 PM
maybe down the line when I get bored, I might consider a TX90stiff into a driver head for fun... :lol:

Don't go for the stiff TX-90 Mau.... it's way too stiff for us mere mortals :shock:

..go the reg instead :wink:

I just had the 200 fitted with a Purple Ice, can't wait to see how that goes \:D/

jaster
31st July 2004, 04:05 PM
The PI jarro??? Isn't it a stiff tip shaft? :shock: Thought it would be worse than a TX90?

Jarro
31st July 2004, 04:13 PM
I thought it had a softer tip... to help get the ball airborne :?

anyway ... it feels much better than the TX-90.

man, talk about your telegraph pole :shock:

McMw
31st July 2004, 09:41 PM
in 9 holes yesterday, I used it 4 times...
in 18 holes today, I used it 3 times... :roll:

anyway...distance wise, it's good...
like the trajectory it comes off the face...

just need to find the right ball position in my setup to get the most consistent ball flight for this wood... 8)

990B Luva
8th August 2004, 08:36 PM
i may be gettin Iains V Steel T/S but the TX90 Stiff isnt too stiff for me, in a 3 wood i flew it over by driver :lol:

goughy
8th August 2004, 08:49 PM
The tx-90 is higher hitting, lighter and cpm's more flexible in it's s flex than an dg s300 (from tt's website and dynacraft's shaft fitting addendum). Should have been easier to hit than an s300 shaft in that club. But that also shows how important fitting the right shaft to the person is.

Onewood
8th August 2004, 08:55 PM
i may be gettin Iains V Steel T/S but the TX90 Stiff isnt too stiff for me, in a 3 wood i flew it over by driver :lol:

Pick your driver back up and put it back in your bag :roll: what you doing hitting balls over your driver :roll: :roll: some sort of drill :wink:

McMw
8th August 2004, 09:12 PM

Pick your driver back up and put it back in your bag :roll: what you doing hitting balls over your driver :roll: :roll: some sort of drill :wink:

funny thing is, with my v-steel yesterday, I drove it further than an R7max...and did the same thing today TWICE!!! :lol: