PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in the industry

Bigbad
21st June 2016, 08:14 PM
I'm interested in finding out how to get a job in the industry? Wanted to know if any of you guys here work or have worked in golf. Not your Drummond golf or Golf World salesman, but maybe for a company or anything like that. I'm constantly thinking about the game and would love to get a greater knowledge on all things golf.

Icestorm959
25th June 2016, 02:44 PM
Tough to do in Australia, pretty sure all the coroporate and design roles are in the US or Asia for most golf labels.

Bigbad
26th June 2016, 11:07 AM
Yeah i figured it would be a tough industry to get in to. Wouldn't mind doing some sales rep work, fitting work, learn about club building and all that sort of thing. I'm currently trying to play as much as I can so I can get good enough to be able to do a coaching apprenticeship and maybe look at getting in to it that way.

Jazz18
26th June 2016, 01:12 PM
Starting in a retail store is often a good way to get into a reps job. You will have contact with the reps that come into the shop and speak to staff from wholesalers on the phone regarding stock and customer orders. If you make a name for yourself as a good operator, they often hire retail sales people as reps when positions come up that is.

Bigbad
26th June 2016, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Will take that in to consideration in the future!