PDA

View Full Version : Car Log Book Apps

Grunt
12th June 2016, 10:59 AM
Hi All

With starting my new job on Tuesday I have to keep a log book for the 1st 12 weeks to record my driving for FBT reasons. Does anyone use one of the plethora of apps to do so rather than the old-style hand written log books? If so what are the best options or are they something that has not quite been developed for Australia yet?

Yossarian
12th June 2016, 11:22 AM
Do you get a new car with the job grunt?

thecollective
12th June 2016, 11:46 AM
Grunt; has your employer given you a ratio to work with (work/personal)?

It is best to keep a log using a basic spreadsheet so then you can keep an eye on your ratio. Once the period ends you can then 'tweak' the numbers print it off and sign each entry, or as I do take a manual log book and make all the entries (using 3 different pens).

The more congested and convoluted the entries are; the less likely they will look deep into the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Canuck
12th June 2016, 01:16 PM
You are best to avoid excessive personal driving during the 12 week period, it will be much better for FBT purposes.

A manual log book is much easier to "massage" the numbers than an app is.

Grunt
12th June 2016, 01:31 PM
Do you get a new car with the job grunt?

Yeah Golf Highline. For 2 weeks I will have to use my car and get reimbursed

Grunt
12th June 2016, 01:32 PM
Grunt; has your employer given you a ratio to work with (work/personal)?

It is best to keep a log using a basic spreadsheet so then you can keep an eye on your ratio. Once the period ends you can then 'tweak' the numbers print it off and sign each entry, or as I do take a manual log book and make all the entries (using 3 different pens).

The more congested and convoluted the entries are; the less likely they will look deep into the numbers.

I have heard 20% personal mentioned. To be confirmed when the car arrives.