PDA

View Full Version : New Driver, New Shaft, Same Slice

TimmyDye
10th June 2016, 07:28 PM
Hi all,

I've recently gotten right back into golf and am about to gather my handicap. I've had a few years off after a should reco and never really played. Since I'm fully recovered, I noticed my driving game went to RUBBISH!! I was hitting boomerangs off the tee - just feral stuff.
I went into my Drummon Golf and after a few swings with my old driver, we quickly worked out that a Regular flex shaft was not going to cut it. I ended up going all out and bought a brand new TaylorMade M2, with a extra stiff shaft (Average swing speed of 117mph).

Now, on the day, I''d gone from a 205m carry and go find my ball a fairway over, to a 265m slight draw - I'd hit gold.

But after a couple lessons with my local pro to straighten out some of my mid irons, I've gone back to hitting massive bomerangs again.

Is there something that I may have changed or have I forgotten to change something in my address when hitting off the tee?

Cheers!

Johnny Canuck
10th June 2016, 08:20 PM
Hi all,

I've recently gotten right back into golf and am about to gather my handicap. I've had a few years off after a should reco and never really played. Since I'm fully recovered, I noticed my driving game went to RUBBISH!! I was hitting boomerangs off the tee - just feral stuff.
I went into my Drummon Golf and after a few swings with my old driver, we quickly worked out that a Regular flex shaft was not going to cut it. I ended up going all out and bought a brand new TaylorMade M2, with a extra stiff shaft (Average swing speed of 117mph).

Now, on the day, I''d gone from a 205m carry and go find my ball a fairway over, to a 265m slight draw - I'd hit gold.

But after a couple lessons with my local pro to straighten out some of my mid irons, I've gone back to hitting massive bomerangs again.

Is there something that I may have changed or have I forgotten to change something in my address when hitting off the tee?

Cheers!

There are truly way too many variables to be able to accurately guess why it's happening.

mrbluu
10th June 2016, 09:07 PM
Sounds like u need a new putter!!!!😃

oldracer
10th June 2016, 09:49 PM
Back to your pro bud, he will know what's going on, not us choppers

dee cee
10th June 2016, 09:50 PM
Change takes time. Lots of practice. We live in a world where we have everything NOW. Golf is not part of that world.Work hard, practice smart and the M2 will be fine. It's you, not the M2.

TimmyDye
12th June 2016, 06:38 AM
Thanks to all who commented. Lesson booked for Wednesday! Will post back in a while with practiced results

Jazz18
12th June 2016, 10:12 PM
Change takes time. Lots of practice. We live in a world where we have everything NOW. Golf is not part of that world.Work hard, practice smart and the M2 will be fine. It's you, not the M2.

That's way too sensible. Hit it once, if it doesn't work, ho it!

Kaniss
23rd June 2016, 08:27 AM
Should of got the new 917D2 that should fix you up.

TheSlicedLife
31st October 2016, 09:16 PM
Definitely need a pro, hacks giving advice will lead to more hack :roll:

dee cee
31st October 2016, 09:42 PM
Old thread. Wonder how he's going?