PDA

View Full Version : BirdieBall competition on Facebook - US Open 'pick the winner'

gaetan
10th June 2016, 10:15 AM
Hi All.

Another major, some more BirdieBalls to give away. Facebook only competition. Here's the link if you want some: [LINK] (https://www.facebook.com/BirdieBallAustralia/photos/a.339397889466280.77410.148476785225059/1103355396403855/?type=3&theater)

Gaetan

WBennett
10th June 2016, 11:59 AM
Gaetan, when is the next event in Canberra?

gaetan
10th June 2016, 12:13 PM
Hi Captain

I would love to do something later this year once winter is well and truly gone but it depends on two things ...

1. Level of interest from players
2. If I can convince my family that I should again spend their money on giving local golfers a bunch of laughs and a fistful of cash.

It cost me a lot of money to put on the last two BirdieBall Shootouts. Last year I had some support from two sponsors but to get more support we need to show that more people will attend. And with such a novel concept, it is very hard to get people involved.

Clearly the concept is enjoyable because everyone who played in the first event came back the next year even though it cost them to participate, took longer, and required more travel. 70% of new players at the last event have asked us about the next event so retaining players is not a problem, getting new players is.

If something does develop I'll make sure to post here and let you all know. And if you've got any thoughts on what you might like me to do (or when to do it) then please tell me.

Gaetan