PDA

View Full Version : Soft forged irons and range balls/mats

live4golf
4th June 2016, 11:34 AM
I am a bit concerned about taking my Epons out to the range and hitting range balls, one of the ranges I go to has mats too the other grass. Is my concern unfounded, will using range balls increase the wear on these forged irons?

Daves
4th June 2016, 11:46 AM
The Balls themselves won't, but sand on the balls will.

oldracer
4th June 2016, 11:58 AM
Just give em a whack PJ, grass and like Dave says, just try to keep as much sand off the balls as possible, I find if I place the ball to hit rather than roll it to the spot, saves 95% of the sand getting on it. In the end you get nothing as a resale over what you paid so it doesn't really matter. Give them a wipe with a wet rag while you hit is always good.

mrbluu
4th June 2016, 01:10 PM
I am a bit concerned about taking my Epons out to the range and hitting range balls, one of the ranges I go to has mats too the other grass. Is my concern unfounded, will using range balls increase the wear on these forged irons?
PJ these will be gone in a few days so wear won't be an issue [emoji13]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ned
4th June 2016, 01:49 PM
pj these will be gone by the end of the range session so wear won't be an issue [emoji13]

sent from my gt-i9505 using tapatalk

ftfy. ;)

Jerrymoo
4th June 2016, 02:07 PM
Ned — you appear to be over 9000.

mrbluu
4th June 2016, 02:09 PM
ftfy. ;)
Oh Snap :)

3oneday
4th June 2016, 03:51 PM
I am a bit concerned about taking my Toppies out to the range and hitting range ballsshould be fine.

;)

petethepilot
4th June 2016, 07:08 PM
I never hit my Epons with range balls...and my wrists don't like hitting off mates!

3oneday
4th June 2016, 07:32 PM
Not sure your mates would like it either :)

mrbluu
5th June 2016, 09:24 AM
I never hit my Epons with range balls...and my wrists don't like hitting off mates!

Not sure your mates would like it either :)
Bwahahaha

sfdoddsy
8th June 2016, 06:42 PM

Range balls won't. Mats will. They ruin your swing and your clubs.

markTHEblake
8th June 2016, 10:51 PM
you promised you wouldnt mention what happened in the spa.