PDA

View Full Version : Sonartec

chappy1970
17th May 2006, 12:07 PM
Seen very little love for the Sonartec FW on this site. Bought one off Ebay 6 months ago brand new for $170 AUD, saw the same club in a Melbourne golf shop yesterday for $395.00.

Goes like a rocket and straight as a die. Its my goto club on any fairway and on short par 4's. Anyone else trialled one or thinking about putting one in their bag.

Chappy

andylo
17th May 2006, 12:11 PM
Had 2 before, a 3 wood and a 5 wood.

It was a great club for good golfer who can strike the ball solid and consistently with reasonably fast swing speed.

AndyP
17th May 2006, 12:12 PM
There has definitely been some Sonartecs around here, but they seem to have phased out.

chappy1970
17th May 2006, 12:13 PM
Had 2 before, a 3 wood and a 5 wood.

It was a great club for good golfer who can strike the ball solid and consistently with reasonably fast swing speed.

Andy,
definately wouldn't put myself in the good golfer category, but I seem to be able to hit this thing with a lot of confidence.

Chappy

AndyP
17th May 2006, 12:16 PM
definately wouldn't put myself in the good golfer category
If it was relative to A-Lo's level, then most golfers are good.

andylo
17th May 2006, 01:51 PM
If it was relative to A-Lo's level, then most golfers are good.

If thats the case I wouldn't mind to declare myself the crapest golfer in the universe... just to keep 99.9999% population happy :)

Virgal_Tracy
17th May 2006, 02:09 PM
Just bought an SS-02 14* and agree with the comments. Need a little fine tuning of my swing but am loving this club. So yes there is love on this site for them

Jarro
17th May 2006, 02:14 PM
Chappy, how does it go off the deck ? I've tried a few and they were awesome when hit off a tee, but pretty hard to get in the air off the fairway :(

chappy1970
17th May 2006, 03:16 PM
Chappy, how does it go off the deck ? I've tried a few and they were awesome when hit off a tee, but pretty hard to get in the air off the fairway :(

Jarro the Sonar replaced a TM 3+ warbird which I was able to hit pure, however the Sonartec just gives me confidence that i haven't experienced with FW before. Can consistently get out 230-240mtrs +

Thats with the stock shaft in it, wouldn't mind trying another, any suggestions.
:razz:
Chappy

3oneday
17th May 2006, 04:06 PM
I would like to consistently hit my driver that far !!!!

PRC
17th May 2006, 09:37 PM
Well buy a new one, you know you can't hold out. Once a ho ....

ren
18th May 2006, 06:04 PM
I love the look of them, but can't get them in the air well enough, because my swingspeed isn't quite up to what they require...

Jarro
18th May 2006, 06:46 PM
I love the look of them, but can't get them in the air well enough, because my swingspeed isn't quite up to what they require...

you're not alone there ren ;)

Speirsy11
19th May 2006, 02:01 PM
I had a ss-03 with a harmon FZX in it. It was a great 3 wood, butthe Ho in me made me change.......Dumb dumb dumb move......They are really solid off the tee and above average off the deck. When I look for a 3 wood, it's more as a mini driver than a fairway club since I rarely hit a wood off the deck anyway.....I'd go back to one if I wasn't hitting my Cally so well right now.

Speirsy

rick3003
19th May 2006, 02:16 PM
I had a ss-03 with a harmon FZX in it. It was a great 3 wood, butthe Ho in me made me change.......Dumb dumb dumb move......They are really solid off the tee and above average off the deck. When I look for a 3 wood, it's more as a mini driver than a fairway club since I rarely hit a wood off the deck anyway.....I'd go back to one if I wasn't hitting my Cally so well right now.

Speirsy
If you are Dumb I am dumber. I had this exact club for about a year. Man what a reliable club, Why the hell did I sell it!

chappy1970
19th May 2006, 03:22 PM
If you are Dumb I am dumber. I had this exact club for about a year. Man what a reliable club, Why the hell did I sell it!

Beats me mate....

Iain
19th May 2006, 03:55 PM
I had an NP-99 for a while, great club off the tee and fariway. Long too. It was just a small head, and got a bit too much for me to hit well reliably.