marcel
18th May 2006, 12:49 PM
I've seen them at HOG Bondi and Eastlakes Golf club

CobraSS
19th May 2006, 05:33 PM
http://www.golfcomponents.com.au/components/default.asp?c=193226

Flowergirl
22nd May 2006, 05:28 PM
How come they all have girlie names. Yes Emma, Yes Victoria , Yes Natalie, Yes Amy......sounds like Jarro talking to his DVD"s

Falcon
22nd May 2006, 05:51 PM
How come they all have girlie names. Yes Emma, Yes Victoria , Yes Natalie, Yes Amy......sounds like Jarro talking to his DVD"s

FG... my putter "Tracy II" is named after Retief Goosen's wife, because he used the original proto YES! putters to win 2 US Opens. I guess there's a theme going on :smt002 ...maybe family names of Harold Swash (designer)

Much prefer female names on putters, imagine a "YES! Boris"... creepy :-D

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 05:55 PM

sounds more like all my old girlfriends ;) :twisted:

.. are these putters really that good ? i've never tried one, but i see Retief has had one in his bag for quite a while now.

goughy
22nd May 2006, 06:25 PM

I bow to the Queen. My Queen oh Queen!!

POTY (Post of the Year) contender.

I swear it's almost like you live in the house next door with a view into his lounge room.

shazza_rs
22nd May 2006, 06:44 PM
no thats just jarros web cam on messenger..... ;)

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 06:49 PM
no thats just jarros web cam on messenger..... ;)

Shazza ... shhhhhh, you promised you wouldn't tell :smt112

shazza_rs
22nd May 2006, 06:51 PM
i never could keep my mouth shut. :-#

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 06:54 PM
i never could keep my mouth shut. :-#

not your fault Shazza, you are a WOMAN after all ;)

Falcon
22nd May 2006, 09:03 PM
sounds more like all my old girlfriends ;) :twisted:

.. are these putters really that good ? i've never tried one, but i see Retief has had one in his bag for quite a while now.

Jarro,

YES! :p they are that good, they roll awesome on flat smooth greens and its was they first thing i noticed. Just how quickly the ball started to roll and not skid.

Ducky
22nd May 2006, 11:22 PM
It didn't help my putting... I three putted seven times within nine holes the other day.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

3oneday
23rd May 2006, 07:48 AM
Doesn't Appleby have one too ???

Pete

rick3003
23rd May 2006, 08:14 AM
Doesn't Appleby have one too ???

Pete
Isn't Appleby is using a Zen putter?

3oneday
23rd May 2006, 08:19 AM
Isn't Appleby is using a Zen putter?I just thought the face looked the same, that's all.

Flowergirl
23rd May 2006, 10:25 AM
I bow to the Queen. My Queen oh Queen!!

POTY (Post of the Year) contender.

I swear it's almost like you live in the house next door with a view into his lounge room.

Finally I get the respect I deserve. :)

Jono
23rd May 2006, 11:00 AM
I've read somewhere that Yes putters only have 2 degrees loft (compared to your normal 4 degree loft putter) and that is the reason they roll the ball better, not because of the C grooves.

ben
23rd May 2006, 11:38 AM
Jono,

They generally have 2.5 degree's of loft, but they have this because of the milling. I've changed a scotty to 2* and the roll was horrible. Having said that depending on where your hands are at impact will dictate what kind of loft you'll need.

Jono
23rd May 2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info Ben. Just off the topic, what do you think of curved face putters? Like the Tear Drop putters ... Do you think they promote better roll?

ben
23rd May 2006, 12:24 PM
Jonno,

I havn't had much experience with them. I would have to say the biggest influence on roll of a putter is going ot be where you hands are at impact and what the loft of the putter is. I will also add for this discussion and to make it clear to everyone, that I'm the preferred fitter for C-Groove putters in Melbourne and I also do C-Grooves custom fitting/bending work for them.

Ben

3oneday
23rd May 2006, 12:25 PM
I'm the preferred fitter for C-Groove putters in Melbourne and I also do C-Grooves custom fitting/bending work for them. who prefers you ???

:p

ben
23rd May 2006, 12:28 PM
well.. there's me.. and thats about it :)