PDA

View Full Version : Travel Bags

maveric74
30th May 2016, 03:57 PM
Hey all,
I'm travelling overseas soon for a month to the UK and thinking of taking advantage of some free time to hit some links courses there. Any thoughts on travel bags? So far, I have looked at Samsonite, Izzy hard case, Ogio, Sun Mountain and Eagles&Birdies..

Like the Samsonite as it can travel vertically which is great and the Izzo and the Samsonite because of hard shell case

highballin
30th May 2016, 04:24 PM
I bought a Bag Boy T-700 last year. Can't fault it plenty of padding and wheels make it easy to get around

Jerrymoo
30th May 2016, 04:40 PM
IMO, can't beat the SKB hard cases.

3Puttpete
30th May 2016, 04:52 PM
Eagles and birdies for me. Soft bags are easier to deal with if space is an issue

adlo
30th May 2016, 05:07 PM
I bought the E&B based largely on the Ozgolf recommendations, couldn't be happier. Superb quality. Can't believe how much you can fit in there too

Courty
30th May 2016, 05:31 PM
Eagles and birdies for me. Soft bags are easier to deal with if space is an issue

I bought the E&B based largely on the Ozgolf recommendations, couldn't be happier. Superb quality. Can't believe how much you can fit in there too

+1 Awesome bags. The hard cases will obviously protect your gear the best, but try squeezing one of them into a small car boot!

PerryGroves
30th May 2016, 05:40 PM
+1 Awesome bags. The hard cases will obviously protect your gear the best, but try squeezing one of them into a small car boot!

Yep, the bag/case will last longer than this trip. I have an Ogio coffin (soft), has gone overseas half a dozen times and plenty domestically, no problems

fredstar
30th May 2016, 06:25 PM
I have an Ogio bag and used it for years with no problem. No way I would get a hard case.

LoveGolf2012
30th May 2016, 09:30 PM
I've got a Sligo Tour issue one for sale on here in Pro shop mate,best looking Travel bag ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Canuck
30th May 2016, 09:35 PM
I've got a Sligo Tour issue one for sale on here in Pro shop mate,best looking Travel bag ever

Who is the Sligo Bag tour issue for?

I didn't know they had staffers.

LoveGolf2012
30th May 2016, 09:36 PM
Who is the Sligo Bag tour issue for?

I didn't know they had staffers.

2 I know of are Brian Gay and Troy Merrit mate..

Johnny Canuck
30th May 2016, 09:42 PM
2 I know of are Brian Gay and Troy Merrit mate..

Cool. I didn't know they had players.

Does that make Sligo gay, based on their own merits?

LoveGolf2012
30th May 2016, 09:50 PM
Cool. I didn't know they had players.

Does that make Sligo gay, based on their own merits?

HA HA mate that's gold..Who knows buddy..who cares..Sligo Rocks

Johnny Canuck
30th May 2016, 10:04 PM
HA HA mate that's gold..Who knows buddy..who cares..Sligo Rocks

I do like my shirt and shorts.

The belt is sexy too, but I didn't realise you sent the wrong size until a year later. Gives me incentive to drop some weight.

LoveGolf2012
30th May 2016, 10:05 PM
I do like my shirt and shorts.

The belt is sexy too, but I didn't realise you sent the wrong size until a year later. Gives me incentive to drop some weight.

Oops,sorry buddy,but yes good way to motivate yourself

maveric74
1st June 2016, 08:11 AM

Thanks LoveGolf2012..Had a peek, but not my style :-) I do like mine sleek and stylish so will look at checking them out in person over the next few months before I buy. Trip overseas is not until August so have some time up my sleeve. Thanks for the offer..appreciated!

markTHEblake
1st June 2016, 11:46 PM
I have the Eagles Birdies one that is a combination as a suitcase. When you unzip it, folds out in two halves, one side golf bag, the other clothes. Perfect now as many airlines only allow you 1 piece of luggage. The most its ever weighed is 23kg and thats chockers with clothes.

BayBum
2nd June 2016, 10:40 AM
I have that one too MTB. Probably my best golf purchase TBH. I've had it at 30kg and it never felt like giving in.

maveric74
2nd June 2016, 03:45 PM
I have the Eagles Birdies one that is a combination as a suitcase. When you unzip it, folds out in two halves, one side golf bag, the other clothes. Perfect now as many airlines only allow you 1 piece of luggage. The most its ever weighed is 23kg and thats chockers with clothes.

Cheers mate. A few votes for the Eagles & Birdies option actually so will certainly check it out

maveric74
2nd June 2016, 03:46 PM
I have that one too MTB. Probably my best golf purchase TBH. I've had it at 30kg and it never felt like giving in.

Thanks BB..will check it out for sure..lots of votes for this..