PDA

View Full Version : Golf in Philippines, Manila?

TheSlicedLife
25th May 2016, 03:38 PM
Anyone know if there even is any any places to play near the city of Manila?

ozpaul
25th June 2016, 09:13 PM
I lived Manila (Makati) 2009 until 2013, started playing golf 2011. I visited for few weeks again 2013 2014 2015 2016

Cheapest golf in asia outside of Malaysia.

Army, Navy and Airforce courses and Intramuros open to public. Private courses mostly need member invitation to get a game.

Army Golf Bayani Rd Taguig, near Fort Bonifacio, very friendly and cheap 9 hole course, ok greens, lumpy fairways, best driving range, some pro shops. Bar and restarant cheap. My favourite.

Navy Golf Lawton Rd toward airport from Fort, interesting fun 18 holes, again fairways a little lumpy but good greens. Cheap beer and food.

Villamor (Airforce) near airport, longer and sometimes better than navy, sometimes a little stinky near the drains. Not my favourite.

Manila Golf Club, expensive and not difficult, too exxy for what you get.

Wack-Wack, near Ortigas, 2 courses, hosts the Philippines Open sometimes. East course so-so, other course better, challenging.

Camp Aguinaldo, Army course near Ortigas, quite good.

Veterans's Army course near Trinoma in Quezon City, ok, but can get muddy.

Intramuros, a must play. The oldest course in Philippines, built on the moat of the original Spanish Fort. Variable condition, but you play along a 17th century town wall, amazing.

Many good courses north of Manila, Camp John Hay, many others.

IMO the best courses are 15-30km south of Manila. Alabang, Southwoods, Orchard, Santa Elena, Tagaytay (Midlands and Highlands), Riviera, to name a few.

Caddies compulsory at all courses, say 500-600 pesos per 18 holes.

Recommend you join this Philippines golf forum site, many keen members there. You might ask for invitation to private courses:
http://www.pinoygolfer.com/forum/