PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever done a group buy of new golf balls?

Chris32
16th May 2006, 04:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done a group buy when it comes to golf balls?

ie - get a whole bunch of people together and try and get the best price possible for a large order of golf balls

I have bought some s/h golf balls, both of here and eBay, and I have been happy with them, but I wondered if a heap of people got together what sort of a deal we could get?

I know a few of you guys on here seem to get hold of all sorts of gear at great prices, would the same be true if everyone wanted in on a big golf ball order?

I have looked on eBay, and $50 for a dozen used Pro V1's is a little steep!

What are peoples thoughts?

Chris

AndyP
16th May 2006, 04:15 PM
I've only gone in with one or two others to get 5 dozen balls. Didn't get less per dozen, but it meant less postage per ball.

Jarro
16th May 2006, 04:24 PM
that's right, it's usually only the postage you save on.

Grunt
16th May 2006, 05:37 PM
Connico & I were talking about it yesterday. Squizzy charges same postage for 1-5 dozen. Not sure how much dearer it is for greater amounts.

connico
16th May 2006, 05:54 PM
Depending on the company, but we can get massive discounts for golf gear, i think if we can organise a massive bulk buy for balls we could get a fair few dollars off.

Let me enquire about it, i've helped organise a few puchases of dell LCDs, but you have to get like 100-500 purchases to get a really big discount.

http://bulkbuyer.com.au/site/ is such an example of people doing on a daily basis with other items of interest