PDA

View Full Version : S.o.o. 2016.

TheNuclearOne
12th May 2016, 09:37 PM
It's that time again and selection opinions and picks starting to gather pace.

On the Blues side of the fence i was really looking forward to seeing who nabbed fullback out of Tedesco and Dugan but that ones sorted via injury. Current mail however has Matt Moylan a late bolter. As a Maroon i think i'd fear Dugan more at the back and if he isn't there they might play him centre or wing where i think he's wasted and a bit out of place.

The biggest worry for the Mighty Maroons is in the centres. Hodges gone and Chambers still out. They will probably go for Boyd at the back and Inglis in the centres to balance out the losses but i'd personally go Inglis at fullback, Boyd on the wing and probably O'Neill and Gagai in the centre. Inglis seems to be on the improve pretty quickly and i reckon his robust running and power at the back is a godsend in Origin, particularly returning the ball. Having said that Boyd would be a smoother link out wide in attack.

Looks like they will stick with the bans, i think Dylan Napa would have been prime for this years series otherwise.

Yet again the Blues also have some huge decisions to make in the halves. Looks like Maloney is a near certainty but who partners him remains to be seen in a wide open race. They probably need to lose Farah at hooker too imo.

Captain Nemo
12th May 2016, 09:40 PM
3-0 QLD
Maybe the most boring series ever.
May as well start the 2017 series thread.

mrbluu
12th May 2016, 09:51 PM
If pearce gets selected, I won't be watching.

TheNuclearOne
12th May 2016, 09:53 PM

He was going to be, but has made himself unavailable.

Captain Nemo
12th May 2016, 09:57 PM
Even though I have tix for both games...?

TheNuclearOne
12th May 2016, 09:57 PM
So i was told this arve anyway, don't see much news about it.

Captain Nemo
12th May 2016, 09:59 PM
Your right TNO, but pretty sure Daley wasn't keen on him anyway...

TheNuclearOne
12th May 2016, 10:08 PM
Your right TNO, but pretty sure Daley wasn't keen on him anyway...

I wonder if he played it that way to help him avoid a ban?

mrbluu
12th May 2016, 10:09 PM
Even though I have tix for both games...?

Free tixs change everything :D

Captain Nemo
12th May 2016, 10:09 PM
Most poeple in NSW don't really care!

Captain Nemo
12th May 2016, 10:10 PM
Free tixs change everything :D

So do free beers.... =P~

TheNuclearOne
12th May 2016, 10:17 PM

Can't say i blame them LOL

mrbluu
12th May 2016, 10:24 PM
So do free beers.... =P~

Sounds like we have a deal :)

Grunt
12th May 2016, 10:26 PM
Sounds like we have a deal :)

I would be better company than MrBluu ;)

damoocow
13th May 2016, 08:24 AM

Poeple? Knew there was something wrong down there.....

3oneday
13th May 2016, 09:23 AM
If Greg Bird is 6 we know what sort of game Daley will be playing.

Won't matter then who the fullback is.

Captain Nemo
13th May 2016, 09:55 AM
Poeple? Knew there was something wrong down there..... That's how much I give a shit, don't even worry re spelling shit right.

SundayHack
13th May 2016, 10:19 AM
If Greg Bird is 6 we know what sort of game Daley will be playing.

Won't matter then who the fullback is.

Where did you hear Greg Bird to play 6? Jack Bird maybe?

3oneday
13th May 2016, 01:24 PM
Isn't he playing centre or something?

It was on one show I watched, definitely Greg Bird mentioned though.

wazandnic
13th May 2016, 02:06 PM
Yep I heard they also. May have been in the preamble on fox before the game last night??

Jarro
13th May 2016, 02:49 PM
If Laurie doesn't pick Bryce Cartwright then he's mad.
That kid is the future of NSW rep football.

TheNuclearOne
13th May 2016, 05:24 PM
Bird has been guaranteed a spot in the 17.

JADO75
23rd May 2016, 12:40 PM
How the hell does Dylan Walker get a start on the bench? He's been that shit his own coach just switched him from 5/8 to centre. I'm a Shark supporter but surely Bird would have been a better option? He's a bigger body, defends much better, can cover the same positions as Walker but is in much much better form.
Great choice from old mini bus Daley, the half a coach.

KristianJ
23rd May 2016, 12:45 PM
Bozo's token pick.

Captain Nemo
23rd May 2016, 03:51 PM
Daleys a puppet for the hierarchy, they will get rolled 3-0

PerryGroves
23rd May 2016, 04:06 PM
How the hell does Dylan Walker get a start on the bench? He's been that shit his own coach just switched him from 5/8 to centre. I'm a Shark supporter but surely Bird would have been a better option? He's a bigger body, defends much better, can cover the same positions as Walker but is in much much better form.
Great choice from old mini bus Daley, the half a coach.

I heard rumours he was going to be selected (not from Grunt), couldn't believe it, the lad has wooden hands.

TheNuclearOne
23rd May 2016, 04:17 PM
A big part of NSW problems in recent history has been the selectors. Bozo and co are long REDUNDANT.

I'm a bit worried Pearce isn't there, was hoping to see him. Mansour will be one wing, Fergo probably the other, who will miss out in the centres? There's talk of Dugan for Morris. I hope Dugan gets in, Morris had played strongly for ages now and often opposite Inglis, who is back in that slot. They've had some good showdowns. Much more chance of a wrong read out there from Dugan who is inexpereinced there.

I think they went for the obvious pairing in the halves, tho it must have been tempting to ease in some of that talented youth at present. Reynolds has paid his dues tho.

QLD team was pretty predictable and is quite solid.

JADO75
23rd May 2016, 07:16 PM
This would be my team off the top of my head,
1 Dugan, big body to run the ball back & defensively he is crap in the centres.
2 Mansour, strong returns
3 BJ Leilua (spelling?) although worried about his motor & penalty count
4 James Roberts maybe? I feel he goes missing a bit too much but only needs half a sniff
5 Ferguson
6 James Maloney
7 Chad Townesend
8 Aaron Woods
9 Peter Wallace, poses a greater threat than Farrah & can hold his own defensively
10 James Tamou
11 Greg Bird
12 Josh Jackson/Frizelle/Cordner not sure yet
13 Paul Gallen

Bench
Fifita, Klemmer, Jack Bird & maybe my other 2nd rowers

With a bit more thought it may change a little, I'm not sure if we hay the cattle to beat WLD unfortunately

Captain Nemo
23rd May 2016, 07:28 PM
Why didn't he pick Sammy Trailor??? (Radadadadaradada)!

JADO75
23rd May 2016, 07:34 PM
Actually maybe Semi & Jennings together wouldn't hurt?
I also like Beau Scott because G.I hates playing opposite him

Captain Nemo
23rd May 2016, 07:35 PM
What happened to Merrin, I think he's had a solid season so far, hard as nails.

wazandnic
23rd May 2016, 07:44 PM
Why didn't he pick Sammy Trailor??? (Radadadadaradada)!

He's not eligible apparently?! Can play for Australia but not for NSW?? :shock:

Bet if he was a Qld'er they'd pick him... actually maybe they'll pick him one day anyway! 8)

TheNuclearOne
23rd May 2016, 09:04 PM
He's not eligible apparently?! Can play for Australia but not for NSW?? :shock:

Bet if he was a Qld'er they'd pick him... actually maybe they'll pick him one day anyway! 8)

He's not eligible for either team period.

PerryGroves
24th May 2016, 07:48 AM
He's not eligible for either team period.

QLD can pick him, just need to play another of their Adrian Lam cards.

Jarro
24th May 2016, 08:50 AM
I think Lam played some junior footy here in QLD, making him eligible.

Semi hasn't. .. shame for NSW, you need him.

pt73
25th May 2016, 09:09 AM
Kevvy Walters obviously sees more value in Nate Myles than many Manly supporters do.

TheNuclearOne
25th May 2016, 10:06 AM
Kevvy Walters obviously sees more value in Nate Myles than many Manly supporters do.

It's the QLD way with selections tho and has pretty much always worked. Myles never lets us down in Origin and has been predominant in many recent series. Many have shunned poor club form to suddenly play great footy in Origin for us. I'd b shocked if i does't happen again in this case.

Ron Burgundy
25th May 2016, 12:10 PM
It's the QLD way with selections tho and has pretty much always worked. Myles never lets us down in Origin and has been predominant in many recent series. Many have shunned poor club form to suddenly play great footy in Origin for us. I'd b shocked if i does't happen again in this case. I agree. Didn't Beetson get plucked out of reserve grade for the first one? Seems to have worked for QLD in the past. Also one of the few things I've ever agreed with Phil Gould about is there's a difference between good club players (and even Australian reps) and Origin players. DCE is a great club player and could probably go well for the Kangaroos too. But he went missing in Origin. Players like Myles and Mick Crocker for example are never going to win a Dally M or be certain test starters, but they're perfect for the dark arts of Origin.

Dcanto
25th May 2016, 01:09 PM
.. Also one of the few things I've ever agreed with Phil Gould about is there's a difference between good club players (and even Australian reps) and Origin players. DCE is a great club player and could probably go well for the Kangaroos too. But he went missing in Origin. Players like Myles and Mick Crocker for example are never going to win a Dally M or be certain test starters, but they're perfect for the dark arts of Origin.+1. In my opinion Steve Menzies was another player who fit into the category of someone who could do great things at Club level but couldn't quite replicate the same Form when it came to Origin.

damoocow
25th May 2016, 02:27 PM
+1. In my opinion Steve Menzies was another player who fit into the category of someone who could do great things at Club level but couldn't quite replicate the same Form when it came to Origin.

Probably because he could get away with bludging away from the action in non rep games.

TheNuclearOne
25th May 2016, 02:37 PM
I agree. Didn't Beetson get plucked out of reserve grade for the first one? Seems to have worked for QLD in the past. Also one of the few things I've ever agreed with Phil Gould about is there's a difference between good club players (and even Australian reps) and Origin players. DCE is a great club player and could probably go well for the Kangaroos too. But he went missing in Origin. Players like Myles and Mick Crocker for example are never going to win a Dally M or be certain test starters, but they're perfect for the dark arts of Origin.

You're definitely hitting the nail on the head.

Jarro
25th May 2016, 02:40 PM
Myles will go fine for QLD, he's always one of the unsung heroes.

TheNuclearOne
25th May 2016, 04:35 PM
Myles will go fine for QLD, he's always one of the unsung heroes.

Except for 2012 :D

Jarro
25th May 2016, 05:12 PM
Except for 2012 :D
😉

Captain Nemo
25th May 2016, 07:39 PM
Anyone from Sydney going to game 1?
I'm taking Waz if anyone wants to catch up for a beer?

mrbluu
25th May 2016, 07:51 PM
Anyone from Sydney going to game 1?
I'm taking Waz if anyone wants to catch up for a beer?
I thought u were taking me :(

Captain Nemo
25th May 2016, 08:16 PM
I thought u were taking me :(
Game 3?

mrbluu
25th May 2016, 08:30 PM
Game 3?
That will work too :)

Captain Nemo
25th May 2016, 08:31 PM
That will work too :)

It's a date!
;)

wazandnic
25th May 2016, 08:45 PM
I thought you offered both games to me?? :shock:

j/k 8) Hopefully the third game is still alive B. ;)

mrbluu
25th May 2016, 08:52 PM
It's a date!
;)

I thought you offered both games to me?? :shock:

j/k 8) Hopefully the third game is still alive B. ;)
Either way we can still meet at lidcombe for some beers on my way home 😃

wazandnic
25th May 2016, 09:00 PM
👍🏼

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 05:29 AM
Morris let go and Dugan in the centres. Like Myles and many of our previous selections of players not in top club form - Morris has never ever let you guys down, we would have picked him automatically. He's a real competitior and has played well every year. Maybe Dugan will go great, i'd be more worried with Morris in there tho.

3oneday
26th May 2016, 05:51 AM
Dugan is more likely to do something, Morris has been down on form and been carrying injuries a while now, longer than Miles.

Jarro
26th May 2016, 07:41 AM
Morris let go and Dugan in the centres. Like Myles and many of our previous selections of players not in top club form - Morris has never ever let you guys down, we would have picked him automatically. He's a real competitior and has played well every year. Maybe Dugan will go great, i'd be more worried with Morris in there tho.

Dugan is more likely to do something, Morris has been down on form and been carrying injuries a while now, longer than Miles.

Personally i'm glad Morris isn't going to line up for NSW.

He always seems to play well against G.I and rarely let him shine in the centres.

Dugan might have more 'X' factor about him, like Fatfita, but they also have a high mistake rate which can hurt you in Origin.

Going to be yet another interesting clash.....

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 10:07 AM

I haven't watched a lot of Morris but a few weeks back he ran about 230 meters and the little i watched of a game a week or two go he was carving it up every time he tuched te pigskin. I would have picked him without hesitation, he's a real competitor and has thrived in the Origin cauldron.

I really rate Dugan, but as a fullback. He's another superbly suited to Origin and the games he's played at fullback have been superb, he just doesn't stop. I understand NSW want some more flair in attack but he must have come close to being the fullback.

Ennis too, as much as i despise him must have come very close. His form this year is impeccable.

It'll be tough down there, the first game will be crucial.

Jarro
26th May 2016, 10:16 AM
Dugans move looks to have been made purely to allow Moylan to come into the side in his preferred position.

Moylan offers more ball playing ability than Dugan IMO, but Dugan is a more destructive runner of the ball.

Wonder how Moylan will go getting belted on kick returns

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 01:15 PM
Dugans move looks to have been made purely to allow Moylan to come into the side in his preferred position.

Moylan offers more ball playing ability than Dugan IMO, but Dugan is a more destructive runner of the ball.

Wonder how Moylan will go getting belted on kick returns

They definitely wanted said ball playing abiity. Moylan is in the mould of having an extra 5/8, Dugan more the running fullback. Belcher and Jack were similarly different. Boyd chimes in and has a reasonable amount of ball playing abiliy. Slater gave you plenty of both which is one reason why he is so reknowned.

3oneday
26th May 2016, 02:36 PM
I think it's a young side designed to run the old and tired maroons around the park.

That mentality will work one day anyway :lol:

Captain Nemo
26th May 2016, 04:39 PM
I think it's a young side designed to run the old and tired maroons around the park.

Prob in about 3 yrs time...

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 05:04 PM

I hope so guys :D

Somewhere out there Phil is nodding!

SundayHack
26th May 2016, 05:38 PM
Unlikely considering the best halves combination are playing at Suncorp tomorrow night just waiting for their time.

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 05:53 PM
Actually i would not be surprised to see Dugan returning quite a few kicks with Moylan slipping up into the line now i think about it.

Jarro
26th May 2016, 05:56 PM
Actually i would not be surprised to see Dugan returning quite a few kicks with Moylan slipping up into the line now i think about it.
Quite possibly, although as Sterlo pointed out on his show last night, moylan has been playing 'tough' this year and not shirking his share of hitups.

Saying that though, Origin hitups are a little different to the norm 😉

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 06:29 PM
Quite possibly, although as Sterlo pointed out on his show last night, moylan has been playing 'tough' this year and not shirking his share of hitups.

Saying that though, Origin hitups are a little different to the norm 

He will be heavily tested early, as is the Origin way. Heavy tackles and high balls are def coming his way.

Jarro
26th May 2016, 06:44 PM
He will be heavily tested early, as is the Origin way. Heavy tackles and high balls are def coming his way.
It's a good move for NSW though moving forward.

I remember Slater debuting for QLD and people thought he was going to get belted out of the game !!! He copped his share of hits no doubt, but went on to become one of the best Maroons ever.

Moylan has it all ahead of him.

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 09:20 PM
It's a good move for NSW though moving forward.

I remember Slater debuting for QLD and people thought he was going to get belted out of the game !!! He copped his share of hits no doubt, but went on to become one of the best Maroons ever.

Moylan has it all ahead of him.

He sure is potentially a star of the future. Dugan's not old tho, but anyway they want a ball playing fullback and Moylan's it. I remember Mal running on Hunt at fullback for the first stanza's when the going was at it's hardest one series then bringing Slater on as soon as it softened. It would be the series you speak of. They wanted to protect Slater a bit early. It went ok and by the next series it wasn't seen as needed.

PerryGroves
26th May 2016, 09:38 PM

Yeah, because it's the dullest footy of the year.

What price the dullest footballer Cronk kicks it to Moylan 10 times and Mansour and Ferguson run it back.

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 09:46 PM
Yeah, because it's the dullest footy of the year.

What price the dullest footballer Cronk kicks it to Moylan 10 times and Mansour and Ferguson run it back.

Greatest stage in the game Pez!!! Cronk is a machine, when he is out we have struggled bigtime. He just does everything right and we have all the playmaking flair we need in Thurston.

PerryGroves
26th May 2016, 09:51 PM
The greatest stage is winning a Grand Final and playing for your country.

Captain Nemo
26th May 2016, 10:01 PM
I reckon many who've played for Australia and never won a grand final would say the first is the pinnacle, just ask Hindmarsh and co....

TheNuclearOne
26th May 2016, 10:07 PM
The greatest stage is winning a Grand Final and playing for your country.

Yes and no. Depends what you define as "stage". State of Origin is the highest level of Rugby League played in the world. There is no better spectacle. I've seldom seen a Test match match the skill and intensity levels, not even close most times. There's been some great grand finals but State of Origin delivers so often there is just nothing like it.

Ron Burgundy
26th May 2016, 10:26 PM
The greatest stage is winning a Grand Final and playing for your country. Winning a grand final maybe. For the individual player at least. The games don't often match origin levels though (last year's was one notable exception). But international rugby league is a joke. It's about as useful as international AFL or NFL.

3oneday
27th May 2016, 07:12 AM
I'm with Perry, the last few years of SOO have been boring grind fests. If they are the best players, get them back 10 and let them show it.

backintheswing
27th May 2016, 09:46 AM
Game 3 last year wasn't to boring.

damoocow
27th May 2016, 09:18 PM
Cronk may be injured. Obvious choice is Morgan/Thurston in the middle. Reports saying Cherry Evans called into camp. If he makes the side I will be cheering for a NSW win. Worst origin decision ever to have him back in any QLD team.

3oneday
27th May 2016, 09:42 PM
May be, he'll probably play though.

3oneday
27th May 2016, 09:44 PM
Game 3 last year wasn't to boring.depends where you sat :)

Jarro
28th May 2016, 08:08 PM
Hopefully Cronk will be right to play.

The thought of DCE running out in a QLD jersey again is scary.

TheNuclearOne
28th May 2016, 08:51 PM
It'd only be off the bench which is bad enough.

Jarro
29th May 2016, 10:45 AM
Dugan out with an elbow injury 'eh, looks like Morris will be in the team after all ..... which isn't good for QLD.

TheNuclearOne
29th May 2016, 12:28 PM
Dugan out with an elbow injury 'eh, looks like Morris will be in the team after all ..... which isn't good for QLD.

I liked 'em better with Doogs. Then again Fulton might put Walker in the centres LOLOL

Jarro
29th May 2016, 12:40 PM
I liked 'em better with Doogs. Then again Fulton might put Walker in the centres LOLOL
Haha, yeah ... good old Bozo 'eh 😉

TheNuclearOne
1st June 2016, 01:19 PM
What's the weather doing down there team? It looks like a few morning showers that might clear later?

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 01:30 PM
What's the weather doing down there team? It looks like a few morning showers that might clear later?

I'm thinking the opposite. Actually been clear this morning, sun even came out briefly, but starting to get a little spitty and lots of dark clouds around looks like it could drop any moment.

TheNuclearOne
1st June 2016, 01:31 PM

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 01:45 PM
:shock:

I'm thinking the opposite. Actually been clear this morning, sun even came out briefly, but starting to get a little spitty and lots of dark clouds around looks like it could drop any moment.

TheNuclearOne
1st June 2016, 01:47 PM
Ok cheers.

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 01:49 PM
As i'll be there, (thanks again L!), my prediction is it is going to piss down at game time! 8)

TheNuclearOne
1st June 2016, 02:01 PM
Damn!!! Possible couple of showers forecast, i'll cross my fingers.

3oneday
1st June 2016, 03:27 PM

:shock:

I'm thinking the opposite. Actually been clear this morning, sun even came out briefly, but starting to get a little spitty and lots of dark clouds around looks like it could drop any moment.Looks like rain now.

Did I mention that it looks like rain now?

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 03:33 PM
:lol:

Captain Nemo
1st June 2016, 03:45 PM

Sprinkling now, I'm showered ready to meet Waz out there!
Going to the shed to get the complete wet weather gear out....

TheNuclearOne
1st June 2016, 06:42 PM
Cheers guys, haven't been able to check up on it. I was hoping for it to be dry, wet helps you a bit i reckon. Gonna be tough. Pretty sure you have won 4 of the last 6 opening games when it kicked off in NSW.

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 07:36 PM
No rain here. Looks pretty dry and fast

BenM
1st June 2016, 07:57 PM
Come on Queensland go you old buggers!

Jarro
1st June 2016, 08:15 PM
I hope somebody pulls Woods by the hair..... really hard!

Jazz18
1st June 2016, 08:28 PM
Just watching the game now and I reckon channel 9 need to change their sport logo. It should read LIVE, FREE and GRAINY.

The picture is so crap I can't stand to watch it!

BenM
1st June 2016, 08:40 PM
Yep, super ordinary. It's supposed to be HD but its rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 08:48 PM
Lawrence goes to the loo and the blues are in!!! Stay there loz

backintheswing
1st June 2016, 08:48 PM
Forward pass

Jarro
1st June 2016, 09:08 PM
Good first half

SundayHack
1st June 2016, 09:09 PM
Forward passOnly by half a yard

Grunt
1st June 2016, 09:14 PM
Looks like the game will be close and unfortunately a poor refs call may decide it.

BenM
1st June 2016, 09:50 PM
What, that one where the kick came off Jennings head and was ruled a knock on against QLD?

Ron Burgundy
1st June 2016, 10:11 PM
Walker. Haha! What an amateur!

SundayHack
1st June 2016, 10:16 PM
Walker. Haha! What an amateur!
He had one job to do all night. Hand the ball over on half way with 2 on the clock. Nailed it.

backintheswing
1st June 2016, 10:20 PM
Man of the match - D Walker

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 10:23 PM
Looks like the game will be close and unfortunately a poor refs call may decide it.

Called it Grunt!

Atrocious refereeing. Unbelievable seeing it live how offside qld play. NSW have to adopt to something similar or another year over.

Prob already is really.!

SundayHack
1st June 2016, 10:30 PM
Called it Grunt!

Atrocious refereeing. Unbelievable seeing it live how offside qld play. NSW have to adopt to something similar or another year over.

Prob already is really.!
Wa waa waah

Ron Burgundy
1st June 2016, 10:34 PM
Called it Grunt!Atrocious refereeing. Unbelievable seeing it live how offside qld play. NSW have to adopt to something similar or another year over.Prob already is really.!If the whistle isn't blown you're not offside. It's called game management.

3oneday
1st June 2016, 10:58 PM
Thrilling stuff, almost rugby.

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 11:10 PM
Wa waa waah

Sorry didn't realize Darius Boyd was in the house!? ;)

wazandnic
1st June 2016, 11:13 PM
But seriously it's just comments from a spectator at the ground. Qld inside the 10 majority of the night. NSW need to play at 8-9m also otherwise it's another series gone.

3od said it early in the piece:

I'm with Perry, the last few years of SOO have been boring grind fests. If they are the best players, get them back 10 and let them show it.

damoocow
1st June 2016, 11:17 PM
I hope somebody pulls Woods by the hair..... really hard!

He goes ok in the tackle counts - by flopping on people already on the ground...

and what's the go with Tamou ? - for his size he should be smashing everyone - plays like a librarian.

damoocow
1st June 2016, 11:19 PM
Just watching the game now and I reckon channel 9 need to change their sport logo. It should read LIVE, FREE and GRAINY.

The picture is so crap I can't stand to watch it!

Do foxtel get a different feed? - ch 9 was terrible - the last dropout and 57:57 were appalling choice of broadcast.

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2016, 12:17 AM
Last time we've lost a series after winning game 1 in Sydney was 1994.

Dour old slog tonight and the Blues were a bit unlucky. The rub of the green went our way on a couple of decisions and they were close a couple of times. We didn't do much but they seemed hamstrung in trying to take advantage of it. They need a risk here or there at times but never take it. Daley has apparently said he will stick with the same team because it was close and i think that's a mistake in itself. A touch more flair is called for, be it a Cartright or a Graham.

Some interesting games. Against my better judgement Boyd had a ripper of a game. Gillett gets better and better. Gagai i thought had a fine game and looks the goods for the future. I thought O'Neill and Oates were excellent overall. Inexperienced players fit easily into out team as we have great structure and the large core have played together so many times.

I thought Moylan had a fine debut, looked quite silken out wide at times, promising. Mansour went ok, Maloney had a really good game. Morris justified his selection despite a couple of rippers for the blooper reel. Jennings seemed absent for a long time before working himself into the game. I thought Reynolds kicking game was below par for him but he got wraps for it in some quarters.

Onward flies the bird, hopefully it is a bit more of a freeflowing game in Brissy.

3oneday
2nd June 2016, 07:49 AM
Hopefully Dylan Walker gets injured and they stick Grub in ;) he would have been useful last night I reckon.

I'd also hope that the other Reynolds doesn't kick it down their throats the next game.

wazandnic
2nd June 2016, 08:20 AM
and what's the go with Tamou ? - for his size he should be smashing everyone - plays like a librarian.

Haha yep agree with that! Never been a fan and puzzles me how he gets picked year after year and also for Aust?!

Another player that fits the previous discussion of good club player not suited to this level.

dazza99
2nd June 2016, 08:29 AM
Channel 9 coverage appalling. And that overhead camera view thingy does my head in. Just can't get used to it.

As for the "dodgy" ref calls. The 2 biggest ones I thought were the previously mentioned knock-on against QLD that went of the blue head. And the NSW try that was a forward pass by about a meter.

The NSW "no try" - I was staggered the touch judge actually thought it was a try!

Can't comment on QLD only being 8-9M back. But would the refs honestly keep NSW back 10 and QLD 9? Especially in Sydney. I see Laurie has already spat the dummy and said he doesn't want those 2 refs in the next match. Hmmm.

WBennett
2nd June 2016, 08:29 AM
If that is the pinnacle of rugby league - both in spectacle and TV coverage - no wonder I don't watch the game any more.

What a horrible snoozefest, with abysmal commentary.

SundayHack
2nd June 2016, 08:30 AM
Haha yep agree with that! Never been a fan and puzzles me how he gets picked year after year and also for Aust?!

Another player that fits the previous discussion of good club player not suited to this level.

Be interested in who else the Blues pick instead. His stats were comparable to Klemmer and probably out played our starting props.

PerryGroves
2nd June 2016, 08:43 AM
Another dull slugfest, Gallen and Bird meat head it up time and tine again, Cameron Smith is on the ground wrestling and then for a professional athlete is so uncoordinated he can't disentangle himself from the player he tackled, NSW lose and the talk is about how poor the refereeing is.

At least there is no discussion about who to put in for Mitchell Pearce.

Yep, it's Origin. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jazz18
2nd June 2016, 08:56 AM
it's Origin. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Agreed. I watched Masterchef with my missus. Far more entertaining..................

PerryGroves
2nd June 2016, 09:04 AM
Agreed. I watched Masterchef with my missus. Far more entertaining..................

It might not be the greatest game of league but it's the length of the straight ahead of watching amateur knobs cooking.

backintheswing
2nd June 2016, 09:20 AM
Its only boring when you lose

WBennett
2nd June 2016, 09:25 AM

I'm a relatively neutral observer these days. I watch maybe one game of league a week - the Raiders, on Foxtel. My dislike of the knobheads Gallen, Bird, Ferguson and Dugan means I struggle to actually like the players in the Blues.

And it was a snoozefest.

3oneday
2nd June 2016, 09:36 AM
I missed Criminal Minds too, think I'll watch that next time 8)

Sydney Hacker
2nd June 2016, 09:49 AM
Its only boring when you lose Qld fan here and thought the first 50 minutes or so was pretty boring. The last 30 minutes excitement was probably created by the close scoreline. I thought the ref's killed the game early when they stamped out stuff that is normally accepted in origin. Not really their fault, they just ref'ed it the same as a club game.

3oneday
2nd June 2016, 10:04 AM
they just ref'ed it the same as a club game.true enough :lol: Gallen tackled Scott across the shoulders and got pinged for a head high, first few minutes. Same stupid mistakes they make in club.

2 referees on there, still astounds me the number of ****ups. Whats the point of two if they can't make a decision and when they do it gets overridden by the bunker? I need to go to the what flummoxes me thread :lol:

SundayHack
2nd June 2016, 10:44 AM

Pretty boring decade for blues supporters.

SundayHack
2nd June 2016, 10:46 AM
true enough :lol: Gallen tackled Scott across the shoulders and got pinged for a head high, first few minutes. Same stupid mistakes they make in club.

2 referees on there, still astounds me the number of ****ups. Whats the point of two if they can't make a decision and when they do it gets overridden by the bunker? I need to go to the what flummoxes me thread :lol:

The refereeing all year has been atrocious.

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2016, 11:04 AM
Pretty boring decade for blues supporters.

Understandable that a lot have lost interest in Origin. It's a heartbreaking length of time.

Jarro
2nd June 2016, 04:17 PM
Another good, tough game IMO.

Both sides were robbed of playing any good football though as the refs had both of them back 8 meters max, and the holding down in the play the ball is getting ridiculous ... time to start marching players for 10mins if they keep doing that.

Cordner and Gillett were my joint MOM, both played great games for their respective sides and hardly made any errors if i remember correctly.

Bring on Game 2 !!!

Jazz18
2nd June 2016, 04:22 PM
It might not be the greatest game of league but it's the length of the straight ahead of watching amateur knobs cooking.

LOL! Yes, they are knobs really. But some of food they cooked looked bloody tasty!

Jarro
13th June 2016, 04:26 PM
Nate Myles out of the QLD side with a knee injury, replaced by Jacob Lillyman.

3oneday
14th June 2016, 11:18 AM
No diff really.

Jarro
14th June 2016, 11:42 AM
No probably not i suppose

SundayHack
14th June 2016, 11:42 AM
As Queenslander I"m glad to see both Cartwright and Jack Bird on the "development team". I would have thought that they will need more points in game 2 and those two, along with Ennis instead of Farrah could have provided that. Oh well get on QLD 13+. :wink:

damoocow
15th June 2016, 08:24 PM
Wade Graham out for Origin 2 - didn't care either way - if he got off would have enjoyed seeing him smashed at Lang Park and now suspension means he misses out on his first Origin - win win really...

Jarro
15th June 2016, 08:25 PM
Yep agree there Damo.... deserved his supension but will miss seeing him get belted up here at Suncorp.

3oneday
16th June 2016, 08:47 AM
Luckily a "continued" Criminal Minds on that night too, I'll watch in the adverts to ease the pain :lol:

Lagerlover
22nd June 2016, 09:12 PM
I don't really follow rugby.

Is 10-4 good?

Lagerlover
22nd June 2016, 09:35 PM
What about 14-4?

Lagerlover
22nd June 2016, 09:35 PM
Is 16-4 better?

Lagerlover
22nd June 2016, 09:56 PM
Gagai had a hand in each try. Special.

3oneday
22nd June 2016, 09:57 PM
Best episode of criminal minds this season!

Turned over in ads to see two super soft tries to qld, will Jennings make game 3?

Grunt
22nd June 2016, 10:22 PM
Of course he will. Jack Bird must find a spot in the next game even though he is a drug cheat and is allowed to play with Drugs that anyone else would be banned for taking

3oneday
22nd June 2016, 10:38 PM
He did good, our centres on both sides were amazing though, wow!

damoocow
22nd June 2016, 10:51 PM
If you get a chance to watch it again - watch Aaron Woods at 14:55 - sums it all up for him and NSW

KristianJ
22nd June 2016, 10:53 PM
Watching Fox Sports News...I know Ash Harrison wasn't a huge bloke by any means when he was playing but jeez, he's looking rather scrawny!

JADO75
22nd June 2016, 11:34 PM
Congrats to Queensland, well deserved.
A few quick ones,
Jennings to never play Origin again, horrendous reads in defence & not as quick as most think.
Farah to never play Origin again, he offers nothing in attack, has absolutely no whack in him in defence. I still think Peter Wallace would've been a better option.
Adam Reynolds isn't up to Origin, although I think he was playing busted.
Jack Bird more than belongs. I'd play him at centre & give him early ball.
Moylan was impressive, I'd play him at 6 & have Tedesco at fullback.
Woods was pretty good although his marker defence is terrible, Smith only ran when Woods was at marker.
Daley can't coach, his rotations are terribl.

Jazz18
22nd June 2016, 11:43 PM
Was S.O.O on tonight. Forgot there was even a game! LOL!

Captain Nemo
23rd June 2016, 06:34 AM
Was S.O.O on tonight. Forgot there was even a game! LOL! I didn't even watch it either!!

Captain Nemo
23rd June 2016, 06:35 AM
Congrats to Queensland, well deserved.A few quick ones,Jennings to never play Origin again, horrendous reads in defence & not as quick as most think.Farah to never play Origin again, he offers nothing in attack, has absolutely no whack in him in defence. I still think Peter Wallace would've been a better option.Adam Reynolds isn't up to Origin, although I think he was playing busted.Jack Bird more than belongs. I'd play him at centre & give him early ball.Moylan was impressive, I'd play him at 6 & have Tedesco at fullback.Woods was pretty good although his marker defence is terrible, Smith only ran when Woods was at marker.Daley can't coach, his rotations are terribl.Well said Jado, hey need a massive clean out...imo

goughy
23rd June 2016, 06:38 AM
I didn't even flick over like usual to check it out. All this winning is making it a bit 'meh'.

If NSW really want to win, they seriously need to get Gould to coach.............. Queensland.

Or maybe Daley.

SundayHack
23rd June 2016, 07:49 AM
As a young fella growing up in the 90's and early 2000"s watching Qld lose series after series (we only won 4 in a 16 year stretch). I remember going to footy training on Thursday nights after the games so pissed off that you would try and iron out any of your blue supporting team mates. I know Fletch and Hindy joked about it on the Matty Johns show a few weeks ago. About Fletch's grenade bomb try celebration was the trigger to Qld's dominance. Well they ain't far from the truth. That pure disrespect shown to the Qld team that night, would have triggered in this current crop of Qld players a hatred of the opposition in blue. I can see a young JT, Smith and co all turning up to training like myself after another origin loss just as pissed off as I was.

Don't worry NSW your time is coming. Because out there there's a group of young NSW men who like this Qld group truly hate losing origin.
Or maybe not and NSW origin is domed to suffer some more.

Either way waking up this morning, like 10 of the passed 11 Thursday's after an origin series win as a QUEENSLANDER it is bloody awesome.

Ron Burgundy
23rd June 2016, 07:54 AM
As a young fella growing up in the 90's and early 2000"s watching Qld lose series after series (we only won 4 in a 16 year stretch). I remember going to footy training on Thursday nights after the games so pissed off that you would try and iron out any of your blue supporting team mates. I know Fletch and Hindy joked about it on the Matty Johns show a few weeks ago. About Fletch's grenade bomb try celebration was the trigger to Qld's dominance. Well they ain't far from the truth. That pure disrespect shown to the Qld team that night, would have triggered in this current crop of Qld players a hatred of the opposition in blue. I can see a young JT, Smith and co all turning up to training like myself after another origin loss just as pissed off as I was.Don't worry NSW your time is coming. Because out there there's a group of young NSW men who like this Qld group truly hate losing origin.Or maybe not and NSW origin is domed to suffer some more.Either way waking up this morning, like 10 of the passed 11 Thursday's after an origin series win as a QUEENSLANDER it is bloody awesome. This is bang on. Couldn't have said it better.

Jarro
23rd June 2016, 07:58 AM
Another great win 👍
Thurston should've got the MOM in my opinion...what a freak of a player he is !!

BenM
23rd June 2016, 08:07 AM
That last try was something special.

I actually forgot the game was on too, was only when wifey says 'I thought you'd be watching the state of origin' that I flicked it over (8mins into the first half). She's a keeper alright.

Pretty happy to be a QLD supporter right now, it just keeps rolling on.

SundayHack
23rd June 2016, 08:21 AM
Watching Fox Sports News...I know Ash Harrison wasn't a huge bloke by any means when he was playing but jeez, he's looking rather scrawny!
Think he is now running marathons and doing tri's as well. He was on the radio the other day and I think I heard it mentioned. Looks like a Kenyan even if he can't run like one.

PerryGroves
23rd June 2016, 08:22 AM
I know Fletch and Hindy joked about it on the Matty Johns show a few weeks ago. About Fletch's grenade bomb try celebration was the trigger to Qld's dominance. Well they ain't far from the truth. That pure disrespect shown to the Qld team that night, would have triggered in this current crop of Qld players a hatred of the opposition in blue

Seriously............time to put the Courier Mail in the bin and have a good lie down.

Some goose like Fletcher pulls a stupid stunt which were all the rage around that time and it's enough to galvanise a generation of Queenslanders.

God knows how Wally, Alf, Artie ever played without that sort of motivation.

3oneday
23rd June 2016, 08:25 AM
It could also be that QLD has 3 future immortals, whereas NSW don't.

Makes good media fodder, but simple facts are easier :)

PeteyD
23rd June 2016, 08:32 AM
Some of those kids coming through for NSW are bloody good. I'd say the pendulum will swing back.

Sydney Hacker
23rd June 2016, 08:34 AM
It could also be that QLD has 3 future immortals, whereas NSW don't. Makes good media fodder, but simple facts are easier :) Agree 100% with the above, and it has been said time and time again, you put the Qld halves into the NSW team over the last decade and the Blues win a majority of the games. Last night was a perfect example of NSW creating plenty of chances but lacking the class to take advantage of it.

liptout
23rd June 2016, 09:17 AM
Brett Kimmorley never seen a rep jersey again after throwing an intercept pass that lead to a series loss....

What the hell are they gonna do with Jennings??

Was solely responsible for Qld scoring 2 tries, and then bombed 2 tries himself over the line!!

JimmyD
23rd June 2016, 09:44 PM
Daley and selectors also need to go. This 'loyalty' crap is getting us nowhere. Leilua in for Jennings.

Grunt
23rd June 2016, 09:54 PM
Single selector needs to go and there is no way ever that a person nicknames Bozo can be a selector.

Jazz18
24th June 2016, 12:18 AM
"waking up this morning, like 10 of the passed 11 Thursday's after an origin series win as a QUEENSLANDER it is bloody awesome".

This is why NSW keeps losing. It's just more important to QLD than NSW. Well it seems that way. Even when I did watch it with interest, I never woke up feeling "bloody awesome" because the Blues won the origin. It was good, but not bloody awesome. Can't speak for anyone else but I just didn't care THAT much as a fan. I wonder if the players feel the same or not?

3oneday
24th June 2016, 07:04 AM
Cash would excite them.

Captain Nemo
24th June 2016, 08:12 AM
I've got 2 members tix for game 3 if anyone's desperate to go, I'm not going out there to watch the crap they keep dishing up...

wazandnic
24th June 2016, 10:08 AM
I've got 2 members tix for game 3 if anyone's desperate to go, I'm not going out there to watch the crap they keep dishing up...

Isn't one of those tickets Blu's?! 8)

Captain Nemo
24th June 2016, 10:51 AM
Isn't one of those tickets Blu's?! 8) Haha, he can go by himself!I don't think I can be arsed....

Courty
24th June 2016, 03:20 PM
Paul Harragon made some good points about NSW problems on the Footy Show last night... I'll see if I can find some video.

KristianJ
24th June 2016, 04:46 PM
L, it'll give me the chance to tick something off the bucket list even if it's a dead rubber. If Binh doesn't want in, may I please have them?

mrbluu
25th June 2016, 05:08 AM
L, it'll give me the chance to tick something off the bucket list even if it's a dead rubber. If Binh doesn't want in, may I please have them?
All yours mate, I'm probably doing my hair that night. [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

KristianJ
25th June 2016, 08:43 AM
I figured that must be why you're up at 5am...:p

Jarro
25th June 2016, 09:02 AM
So will Gallen get a home send off or will powers prevail and have him dropped ?

goughy
25th June 2016, 09:08 AM
They should give him a home send off. I mean, why wouldn't you want him to finish his career with a 3 nil loss?

TheNuclearOne
25th June 2016, 09:48 AM
So will Gallen get a home send off or will powers prevail and have him dropped ?

IMO the faster they move him on the better. He makes meters and runs lots and tackles plenty but they should have moved him on a couple of years ago for mine, certainly as captain. He runs the ball twice a set, Bird runs it, and there goes your tackles with not much going on as the ball is tied up. Gould's got it right on this one.

Being a dead rubber it's a fantastic chance to blood a player or two. It's tricky because they do need a bit of experience somewhere bringing on the new wave and it must be tempting to get rid of Gallen, Bird, Farah, Jennings etc. Woods looks like he would do a fair job with the youngsters.

liptout
26th June 2016, 08:48 AM
Gallen runs the ball twice a set cause if he didn't, they wouldn't make any metres at all!!

When they keep selecting myths like Tamou and Woods, and even Bird to a certain degree, if he didn't all the hard work up the guts who would??

NSW hasn't had the dominant halves combination of the last decade to run the show out on the field, so again, if Gallen didn't do it who would have??

He's the first person picked in any Origin side I pick......

3oneday
26th June 2016, 08:52 AM
Thats exactly it, 6 and 7 haven't been dominant for a long long time.

liptout
26th June 2016, 09:57 AM
Hence the ass kicking 'we' have copped over the last decade.......

And dare I say it, the series NSW actually won, was pretty much only cause Cronk didn't play!!
He plays, they win the 2014 series as well!!

TheNuclearOne
26th June 2016, 02:04 PM
Gallen runs the ball twice a set cause if he didn't, they wouldn't make any metres at all!!

When they keep selecting myths like Tamou and Woods, and even Bird to a certain degree, if he didn't all the hard work up the guts who would??

NSW hasn't had the dominant halves combination of the last decade to run the show out on the field, so again, if Gallen didn't do it who would have??

He's the first person picked in any Origin side I pick......

N.S.W. has had plenty of good forwards. It's more in the backline and leadership they have been lacking. Gallen should never have been captain imo (certainly not in recent years), wrong attitude and outlook.

The last couple of years he should have been utilised in a different role i.e. not captain and being injected at certain periods of the games.

Woods matched his opposition props and actually rolled them comfortably in the stats. He's been very consistent for you guys and is one of the core players you need to build the coming years around. He's always up for the battle and has loads of mogrel in him, a real SOO player. Main thing is he needs to improve his marker defense.

TheNuclearOne
26th June 2016, 02:05 PM
And dare I say it, the series NSW actually won, was pretty much only cause Cronk didn't play!!
He plays, they win the 2014 series as well!!

Totally agree with this, QLD went steeply backward from the moment he struggled off. He's probably as important to the team dynamic as Thurston and can get underrated at times.

PerryGroves
28th June 2016, 11:03 PM
Almost as pumped for the dead rubber as I was for game 1.

goughy
29th June 2016, 07:06 AM
Need one of these! (notice the colour)
http://www.bicyclepump.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bicycle-pump-29.jpg

Steve57
29th June 2016, 10:18 AM
Need one of these! (notice the colour)
http://www.bicyclepump.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bicycle-pump-29.jpg
Is that what the Qld team use to pump up their ego's?

goughy
29th June 2016, 12:14 PM
Smashing NSW is all that's necessary for the team!

SundayHack
13th July 2016, 08:57 PM
10-1 first half penalty count.... The only thing those useless NSW ***** will win all year.

TheNuclearOne
13th July 2016, 09:10 PM
10-1 first half penalty count.... The only thing those useless NSW ***** will win all year.

Given an even shake in the second half we will be hard to beat.

SundayHack
13th July 2016, 09:14 PM
Given an even shake in the second half we will be hard to beat.
Football is all about possession and penalty counts. If things swing they are in trouble. We were looking good.

SundayHack
13th July 2016, 09:22 PM
What a load of horse shit. No try, penalty every day of the week

3Puttpete
13th July 2016, 09:22 PM
So they just flat out ignore the rules now?

SundayHack
13th July 2016, 09:28 PM
These ***** are off there heads.

Ron Burgundy
13th July 2016, 09:29 PM
Is Rugby league no longer a contact sport?

backintheswing
13th July 2016, 09:34 PM
Must be great to call Fifita a blue. What a ****ing disgrace.

Ron Burgundy
13th July 2016, 09:54 PM
Must be great to call Fifita a blue. What a ****ing disgrace. I'm a little ashamed to be the same species as him.

KristianJ
13th July 2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks Laurie.

KristianJ
13th July 2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks Jenko. Meaningless try.

Ron Burgundy
13th July 2016, 10:04 PM
Great end to the game still. Good on them. The name on the shield doesn't change though.

mrbluu
13th July 2016, 10:07 PM
If Dugan has a broke jaw I hope Inglis gets 7 weeks like Kade Snowden did.

backintheswing
13th July 2016, 10:08 PM
If Dugan has a broke jaw I hope Inglis gets 7 weeks like Kade Snowden did.

Dugan ran into Inglis. Can't be helped that he's injury prone.

Ron Burgundy
13th July 2016, 10:10 PM
Dugan is useless. A stiff breeze (or rooftop breezers) are enough to take him out for long periods. Must be hard to tattoo glass.

mrbluu
13th July 2016, 10:13 PM
Dugan ran into Inglis. Can't be helped that he's injury prone.
So was that glassed jaw NQC player.....

KristianJ
13th July 2016, 10:29 PM
Cronk's effort to stop Tedesco scoring in the play before that last try is one of the great Origin try savers.

3oneday
14th July 2016, 08:07 AM
Thanks Laurie.

Thanks Jenko. Meaningless try.Meaningful for Daley..... unfortunately.

NSW must have had 60% possession. Is it possible that Daley can't coach because that was a very ordinary performance. I even found myself agreeing with Gould, side to side to side to side, just shit.

wazandnic
14th July 2016, 09:17 AM
Cronk's effort to stop Tedesco scoring in the play before that last try is one of the great Origin try savers.

Definitely. If NSW hadn't scored in the next play that's all everyone would be talking about!

Jazz18
14th July 2016, 09:23 AM
Oh that's right, there was a game last night. Did NSW win? Yippee..........