PDA

View Full Version : First club set purchase

Digseed
12th May 2016, 11:52 AM
G'day all,

Just yesterday I purchased my first set of clubs from Cash Converters. Being only a casual/hobby player, I wasn't after anything too fancy.
However, after some research, I found out these clubs are actually high quality. They consist of the following:

Titleist 714 AP2 Irons, 3 through to 9 I believe. As well as a pitch and sand wedge.
Taylormade Daddy long legs putter
Ping g20 number 4 and never 7 driver
Ping Rapture number 12 driver/wood?
Snake Eyes hybrid.

With a bag, the total cost was $565

My questions and concerns are:

What in particular should I be looking for when purchasing second hand clubs? They all seemed in good condition to me, with no chips or dents.

Being a beginner, I don't want to appear as though I have gone out and purchased the 'best' thinking it will make me the best, am I concerned over nothing?

If I decide to swap any of these clubs for a different one that I prefer, what sort of depreciation is expected for 2nd or even 3rd hand clubs?

Thanks very much guys.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

spanner039
12th May 2016, 11:59 AM
You are concerned about nothing, use them forever a solid set.

Good buying

olddogmike
12th May 2016, 12:10 PM
Looks good to me.

Gobes32
12th May 2016, 12:36 PM
My two cents, you bought an amazing set of irons, but not sure if they are the best option for a game improvement iron. Having said that, they will force you to become a better player because if you don't flush them, you will notice it.

jimandr
13th May 2016, 09:13 PM
My questions and concerns are:

What in particular should I be looking for when purchasing second hand clubs? They all seemed in good condition to me, with no chips or dents.

Being a beginner, I don't want to appear as though I have gone out and purchased the 'best' thinking it will make me the best, am I concerned over nothing?

If I decide to swap any of these clubs for a different one that I prefer, what sort of depreciation is expected for 2nd or even 3rd hand clubs?

Thanks very much guys.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Google is probably your best friend regarding the alleged resale value of these clubs. But they are probably worth more as a package to another beginner such as yourself than they are as individual items.

Cash Converters are no different to any other retailer regarding their pricing policies. They will charge as much as they can, and eventually put them on ebay themselves if they haven't moved after a while. You could probably improve upon the driver and hybrid eventually, but you will get nothing for them if you try to sell them.

Keep the irons though, and enjoy them. Then eventually get seduced by the talk in our equipment threads, dump them, and regret it for months afterwards.

Windy
16th May 2016, 08:06 AM
Amazing buy, tough to beat for that price. I actually think they're fine for game improvement too, lots of forgiveness with those bad boys.

Icestorm959
18th May 2016, 11:21 AM
Great buy there.