PDA

View Full Version : kbs 90g v nippon super peening blue

crops23
8th May 2016, 11:46 AM
Can anyone tell me I've tried the kbs 90g stiff I'm after a answer on how similar or are the nippon better I know a lot comes down to feel the kbs felt good but I'm looking at next price bracket can get the nippons for $200 gripped pured etc any comments would be greatly appreciated

oldracer
8th May 2016, 12:02 PM
well to start with you're talking the best part of 30gm extra weight so you need to take that into account. Not knowing your swing it's hard to advise but they are a very good shaft for the right swing type.

crops23
8th May 2016, 12:08 PM
well to start with you're talking the best part of 30gm extra weight so you need to take that into account. Not knowing your swing it's hard to advise but they are a very good shaft for the right swing type. Driver swing speed I'm using stiff 60gm shaft I hit the kbs in the new rsi irons the other day an powerbilt irons and was getting extra distance of about 20 metres per iron can't remember my iron swingspeed

TheNuclearOne
8th May 2016, 12:19 PM
Big difference. Blue plenty heavier which is accentuated further by the balance points and most find the Blue quite stout while the KBS 90 isn't.

crops23
8th May 2016, 12:23 PM
Big difference. Blue plenty heavier which is accentuated further by the balance points and most find the Blue quite stout while the KBS 90 isn't. I've currently got kbs extra stiff which are about 120g bit just a bit too stiff

oldracer
8th May 2016, 12:25 PM
If you're looking at Nippon, the new Modus3 105gm is a great shaft, a tad more weight and a bit more again in the $'s but worth the extra

TheNuclearOne
8th May 2016, 12:38 PM
I've currently got kbs extra stiff which are about 120g bit just a bit too stiff

Gets you closer then, certainly much closer than the 90's. A bit hit or miss but might be worth a shot.

crops23
8th May 2016, 01:01 PM
If you're looking at Nippon, the new Modus3 105gm is a great shaft, a tad more weight and a bit more again in the $'s but worth the extra Ok I'll have a look a bit hard down here to try anything we've only got drummond an local pro who doesn't carry that gear

chappy1970
8th May 2016, 04:03 PM
Driver swing speed I'm using stiff 60gm shaft I hit the kbs in the new rsi irons the other day an powerbilt irons and was getting extra distance of about 20 metres per iron can't remember my iron swingspeed
Also be aware that most OEM's have strengthened the lofts across the whole set. It shouldn't detract from the fact that you enjoyed hitting them, but this could have contributed to the distance gain

Can anyone tell me I've tried the kbs 90g stiff I'm after a answer on how similar or are the nippon better I know a lot comes down to feel the kbs felt good but I'm looking at next price bracket can get the nippons for $200 gripped pured etc any comments would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Jazz18
8th May 2016, 07:35 PM
As others have said, SPB is a substantially stronger and heavier shaft than KBS 90's. Chalk and cheese almost. My driver swing is 105mph give or take a couple and I soft stepped some SPB stiffs into some Titty 690.MB's the other day and they are pretty spot on for flex for me. Straight in were a bit strout. Shaft guru's say the new Modus 125 is very similar bend profile to SPB but is about 5g lighter in cut weight. I play them straight in, in a set of yammy blades and they are fine. If you like KBS tour but struggling with the X-stiff, you could always go with just stiff. I have 5-PW if you want some cheap. Hope that helps.

crops23
8th May 2016, 07:57 PM
As others have said, SPB is a substantially stronger and heavier shaft than KBS 90's. Chalk and cheese almost. My driver swing is 105mph give or take a couple and I soft stepped some SPB stiffs into some Titty 690.MB's the other day and they are pretty spot on for flex for me. Straight in were a bit strout. Shaft guru's say the new Modus 125 is very similar bend profile to SPB but is about 5g lighter in cut weight. I play them straight in, in a set of yammy blades and they are fine. If you like KBS tour but struggling with the X-stiff, you could always go with just stiff. I have 5-PW if you want some cheap. Hope that helps. Sent u a pm