PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League State Of Origin 2006

Jarro
15th May 2006, 01:15 PM
the teams :

QUEENSLAND: Matt Bowen, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Steven Bell, Darren Lockyer (captain), Johnathan Thurston, Steven Price, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, David Stagg, Matthew Scott, Dallas Johnson. Interchange: Shaun Berrigan, Carl Webb, Sam Thaiday, Nate Myles.

NEW SOUTH WALES: Brett Hodgson, Matt King, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Timana Tahu, Braith Anasta, Craig Gower, Brent Kite, Danny Buderus (captain), Willie Mason, Nathan Hindmarsh, Steve Simpson, Luke O'Donnell. Interchange: Craig Wing, Steve Menzies, Mark O'Meley, Andrew Ryan. Standby: Luke Lewis, Eric Grothe.

for the first time in ages it looks as though we QLD'ers have a better pair of halves then NSW. Lots of new blood in the QLD pack as well 8)

Bring on next Wednesday :twisted:

Moe Norman
15th May 2006, 01:26 PM
I'd have preferred Hunt at fullback with Bowen on the bench and I'm not a fan of Berrigan on the bench either - his form is ordinary and I prefer 3 big forwards on the bench instead of 2 forwards, 2 backs.

Jarro
15th May 2006, 01:28 PM
agree with you on the Hunt/Bowen scenario Moe. Bowen offers so much more coming off the bench later in the game.

Berrigan is bloody lucky to get the nod in my opinion, he's been playing ordinary footy for the last couple of years.

Moe Norman
15th May 2006, 01:29 PM
oops, nevermind - had my Thaiday's mixed up!

3oneday
15th May 2006, 01:36 PM
Nice kick in the guts for Hunt then ;) :shock:

Jarro
15th May 2006, 01:38 PM
i'll say.

Good enough to be picked as the Aussie custodian one week, can't make the state side the next :roll:

He'd have been the fullback if i was picking the side.

connico
15th May 2006, 01:43 PM
rooting for NSW, betting on QLD :p

Jarro
15th May 2006, 01:45 PM
rooting for NSW, betting on QLD :p

typical NSWelshman :roll:

Fishman Dan
15th May 2006, 01:58 PM
Strong, but with Anasta / Gower in the halves I'm not confident. There has to be better options available than those blokes - again a rep team that's picked from the worst performing clubs in the league, with injury clouds over the 2 centres and one of the named replacement centres. Go figure.

connico
15th May 2006, 02:12 PM
I'm with dan this time, his right about the centres, im not confident at all in the forwards, and im not even sure how they are going to be playing for the night. I'll bet Qld for now, they look healthier while not sounding as strong, they look a better team to win this time around.

Courty
15th May 2006, 02:22 PM
Some thoughts:
QLD
• Pretty impressive side, barring a few spots. And to think, there are a few unavailable through injury/ suspension! (Crocker/ Ross/ Slater/ Flannery/ Williams etc)
• Interesting picking Matt Scott in the 2nd row (plays prop for Cowboys). Makes for a massive forward pack.
• Good to see young Nate Myles get the call-up. The Cairns product is as solid as a rock. Hasn't been allowed to play his natural game in first grade (everytime he played in the local league up here it was an offload-a-thon). He'll be handy off the bench.
• I think Tate is a dodgy call. He's only just started playing again after recovering from injury. Could be a target in defence if his match fitness isn't up to speed.
• I'm happy with Bowen at fullback. Hunt shouldn't have played in the Test in the first place, let alone the QLD side. There are at least half a dozen fullbacks I would pick before K-Hunt.
• Lockyer & Thurston is a fantastic combination. Two versatile halves with great vision.
• Can't wait for the fireworks when Webb & Thaiday come off the bench.
• As stated previously, Berrigan is a suspect pick based on form. Although he can cover any position in the backline if required. I would probably have picked Casey Maguire as a utility.
• Congratulations to Stagg & Johnson getting their well-deserved debut call ups.

NSW
• Neither Gasnier or Cooper should be there. Currently under injury clouds. Give it to someone healthy. I reckon Grothe has been in better form anyway.
• Surely there must be a better 5/8th available than Anasta?
• Gower is a trooper, but I would have picked Orford.
• Kite & Mason are much more mobile than Price & Civoneceva.

Virgal_Tracy
15th May 2006, 02:55 PM
FAirly predictable sides. I can't understand why Steve Bell has been picked on the wing. I would've thought that he and Hodges were the form QLD centres in the comp. May be that i have never rated Tate and think that he should be the winger.

As a NSWelshman I would back Gasnier to make him look silly as he defends by letting them run past and then catching them. Either that or stopping them by getting run over and having them fall over his body.

NSW has got a good forward pack but may be let down by Anasta as he hasn't been in any sort of form

Courty
15th May 2006, 02:59 PM
Some thoughts:
[COLOR=darkred]QLD
• I think Tate is a dodgy call. He's only just started playing again after recovering from injury. Could be a target in defence if his match fitness isn't up to speed.

After thinking about it (and seeing Virgal's post) I reckon thet they would have been better off picking Bell at centre, Sing on the wing and leaving Tate out of it.

Jarro
15th May 2006, 02:59 PM
Virgal, i reckon Tate and Bell will swap positions throughout the game.

Bell has been i super form in the centres for the Storm 8)

What about the QLD pack? lots of young blood in there as well. Should be a great game :)

Courty
15th May 2006, 03:02 PM
Virgal, i reckon Tate and Bell will swap positions throughout the game.

Bell has been i super form in the centres for the Storm 8)

:shock:

Good to see you know what's going on. Bell left the Storm last season. Try watching a Manly game or two. ;)

Jarro
15th May 2006, 03:04 PM
:oops:

just checking to see if you were on the ball Courty :smt002

Courty
15th May 2006, 03:06 PM
:mrgreen:

Jarro
15th May 2006, 03:06 PM
Queenslander !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eag's
15th May 2006, 04:00 PM
What a great looking QLD side :-D
Although I can't believe Berrigan got in :confused: his form has been terrible to say the least.
I agree with Courty about Hunt, his form has been average at best. Mat Bowen was always going to be our fullback and
would be wasted coming off the bench.

Glad they are giving Sam Thaiday & David Stagg a run, both players are
on fire lately :smt002

I will be there for the game and can't bloody wait :mrgreen:

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Grunt
15th May 2006, 04:28 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think this years series looks at little tired with the prospect of a boring series. It just looks like it will be like a club game, it will be hard to beat the game that was on last Saturday night, Melbourne V NQ. Should be a tough forward game though

NSW

Looks like a backline that won't gel at all, they look as if they will need to have one player play out of his skin to win.
Anasta is not a 5/8 he is a lock that can kick sometimes, Gasnier and Cooper will not get decent ball and will be effectively shut down.
Orford would have worked better with Anasta,
Gower then would have been a great interchange player with the capability to fill a multitude of positions if injury to a starting 13 player occured.
Forwards look strong though, only think Ryan should be a starting backrower and Maybe mason to play as a backrower too.

QLD

Why is the best fullback in the game at the moment playing on the wing? Inglis
Why is one of the comps leading tryscorers sitting on the wing where he will be was easier to mark and shut out of the game. Bell
Young pups Thaiday and the like will be great to watch as they step up.

Jarro
18th May 2006, 03:52 PM
Gasnier has just been passed fit to play.

Courty
18th May 2006, 04:06 PM
*yawn*

Whatever, we'll still kick their A$$!

:twisted:

Jarro
18th May 2006, 04:10 PM
i agree Courty ;)

Onewood
18th May 2006, 06:57 PM
typical NSWelshman :roll:

Only way to get a good price is to back QLD, thats if you like throwing your $$$$ away

Onewood
18th May 2006, 07:07 PM
Go You Mighty Blues

OK I need some training on this new site, HOW DO I MAKE the above BIG and BLUE

goughy
18th May 2006, 07:10 PM
Click 'go advanced' when entering a post. You'll get more options....

Onewood
18th May 2006, 07:19 PM
Go You Mighty Blues

Onewood
18th May 2006, 07:22 PM
Go You Mighty Blues

more info needed sorry

Courty
18th May 2006, 07:22 PM
Go You Mighty Blues

Nice try, Kev.
QUEENSLANDER!!!

Grunt
18th May 2006, 07:27 PM
NEW SOUTH WALES

BLUES

WIN
ORIGIN
SERIES
2-1

Onewood
18th May 2006, 08:09 PM
NEW SOUTH WALES

BLUES

WIN
ORIGIN
SERIES
3-ZIP

Thanks Grunt :)
3 zip looks better

mike
18th May 2006, 09:13 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think this years series looks at little tired with the prospect of a boring series.

Grunt, there has never been a boring SOO series.

Jarro , get rid of that sig.

Jarro
19th May 2006, 12:04 AM
Jarro , get rid of that sig.

why :confused:

dc68
19th May 2006, 06:07 AM
• Good to see young Nate Myles get the call-up. The Cairns product is as solid as a rock. Hasn't been allowed to play his natural game in first grade (everytime he played in the local league up here it was an offload-a-thon). He'll be handy off the bench.

Mate he must have been young he went to Sydney when he was 16.

"After thinking about it (and seeing Virgal's post) I reckon thet they would have been better off picking Bell at centre, Sing on the wing and leaving Tate out of it."

Sing has retired from rep footy.

I would probably have picked Casey Maguire as a utility.

Casey is injured.

Go Queensland!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courty
19th May 2006, 07:02 AM
Mate he must have been young he went to Sydney when he was 16.

You're right, he did, and he was. But I watched him play in the age divisions, not the open mens comp.

Sing has retired from rep footy.

Yeah, I realise that now. Bugger.

Casey is injured.

Wasn't aware of that. Something I just found out though, is that Flannery is returning from injury this weekend for the Roosters. He should get the call-up for the 2nd origin as a utility.

dc68
19th May 2006, 07:31 AM
Courty You're right, he did, and he was. But I watched him play in the age divisions, not the open mens comp.

How did the Cowboys miss him?

Yeah, I realise that now. Bugger.

Wish he wasn't!

Wasn't aware of that. Something I just found out though, is that Flannery is returning from injury this weekend for the Roosters. He should get the call-up for the 2nd origin as a utility.

Never let us down in the past.

Jarro
19th May 2006, 09:28 AM
i think Berrigan will go OK as a utility. He can cover plenty of positions in the backline alright, and will be more than useful around the rucks as a hooker

dc68
19th May 2006, 09:54 AM
Cam Smith is an 80 minute man but Berro will be very handy just in case.He has been going ok for the B R O N C S.

brad
19th May 2006, 12:46 PM
Don't care about the names ...

Don't care about the egos ....

Don't care about the fitness ...

It's all about the colour ...

GO THE BLUES

:smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016

990B Luva
19th May 2006, 02:05 PM
we need some more people on here with sense.......

QUEENSLAND ALL THE WAY

mike
19th May 2006, 10:25 PM
Unluckiest is ( once again ) Luke Priddis. Buderus is good but I've rated Priddis the best no 9 in the game for years now. ( I refuse to call them hookers, they don't hook anymore ) Never gets a run. I think he was a Bronco once upon a time. And a Raider.

goughy
20th May 2006, 05:53 AM
Anybody know if anything else good is on on wednesday night or do I have to rent a movie. Ch10 even moved "thank god your here" to tuesday so it didnt compete with origin.

Courty
20th May 2006, 07:11 AM
Anybody know if anything else good is on on wednesday night or do I have to rent a movie. Ch10 even moved "thank god your here" to tuesday so it didnt compete with origin.

:shock:
Wash your mouth out, Goughy. That's sacrilege! ;)

goughy
20th May 2006, 07:31 AM
I haven't seen an origin in over 2 years, and that would probably be the last time I watched a full 80 minutes of footy. Where is the tongue poking out smiley ;)

Jarro
20th May 2006, 01:01 PM
get with it Goughy, you're not endearing yourself to us you know :razz:

goughy
20th May 2006, 01:19 PM
If my lack of foozball interest isn't turning you on Jarro.................

Then I'm a satisfied man; and my life mission is complete!! ;)

Matt 3 Jab
21st May 2006, 11:05 AM
Go NSW!!!!Like Brad, dont care about whos playing, just want NSW to win!

Grunt
22nd May 2006, 06:31 AM
Unluckiest is ( once again ) Luke Priddis. Buderus is good but I've rated Priddis the best no 9 in the game for years now. ( I refuse to call them hookers, they don't hook anymore ) Never gets a run. I think he was a Bronco once upon a time. And a Raider.

He may get a run afterall

Bederus is under an injury cloud due to back injury.

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 07:16 AM
just the usual games played by the coaching staff Grant :roll:

i'd like to be as sure of winning the Lotto as i am of Buderus playing this wednesday night 8)

dc68
22nd May 2006, 10:26 AM

That is because nothing can compete with Origin Goughy

Go Queensland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 01:45 PM
dc68 .... where will you be watching the game ??

3oneday
22nd May 2006, 02:54 PM
dc68 .... where will you be watching the game ??
in the phonebox with all his qld mates no doubt ;) :smt062

:p

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 04:11 PM
in the phonebox with all his qld mates no doubt ;) :smt062

is that the same phonebooth that hosts the Ricky Stuart appreciation day celebration :roll: :p

amanda
22nd May 2006, 04:18 PM
Ch10 even moved "thank god your here" to tuesday so it didnt compete with origin.
Thanks for this :) - wouldn't want to miss that show - love it!

connico
22nd May 2006, 04:24 PM
Go NSW

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 04:39 PM
Go to hell NSW

:smt002

3oneday
22nd May 2006, 04:41 PM
bunchaQueens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 04:47 PM
this could get really ugly ;)

990B Luva
22nd May 2006, 04:50 PM
hey Jarro, can you send me that Queenslander thing

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 04:52 PM

just right click on it Brett ...... go to properties ;)

connico
22nd May 2006, 04:53 PM

why would you want that, its ****, plus jarro got it, no on wants anything thats jarro has touched, you might get infected with...ahh lets stop there :p

goughy
22nd May 2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks for this :) - wouldn't want to miss that show - love it!

Actually, just noticed that it's on tuesday and wednesday at 7.30 amanda! Don't forget!!

3oneday
22nd May 2006, 06:39 PM
this could get as ugly as Carl Webb;)

brad
23rd May 2006, 12:40 PM
we need some more people on here with sense.......

QUEENSLAND ALL THE WAY

Just saw the banners you have ... didn't anyone tell you two wrongs don't make a right ;)

Ahhhh can't you feel the love :razz:

Grunt
23rd May 2006, 12:44 PM
is that the same phonebooth that hosts the Ricky Stuart appreciation day celebration :roll: :p
Where is that, I want to go so I can throw rocks at it!

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 01:54 PM
QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3oneday
23rd May 2006, 02:20 PM
JARRO SUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Fishman Dan
24th May 2006, 07:09 AM
Gower out, FINCH in?!?!?!?!!!

Queensland 13+.

Surely there's another halfback in the country? How the hell do they always come to pick this loser? Is that Tim Smith sober yet?

Courty
24th May 2006, 07:19 AM
Apparently Johns politely refused a comeback (so he should after all the fanfare about playing his last rep footy) and Orford is also carrying a hip flexor injury. Nice to see the tables turned for a change. Wasn't so long ago that QLD had a shortage of halves to field (Paul Green?).
Buderus looks likely to play now, though (I reckon the Buderus thing was the usual smoke & mirrors act to keep the opposition guessing, just like before every other Origin match)

Eag's
24th May 2006, 07:19 AM
Gower out, FINCH in?!?!?!?!!!

Queensland 13+.

Surely there's another halfback in the country? How the hell do they always come to pick this loser? Is that Tim Smith sober yet?

Gower or Finch it won't matter Fishy, the limp wristed Blues are going down :twisted:

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

3oneday
24th May 2006, 07:37 AM
Blues are going down :twisted: possibly after the game, not during.

Finch played last year didn't he ??? If NSW don't let him kick too often he will still be good enough to beat your rabble :p

Fishman Dan
24th May 2006, 11:22 AM
Didn't Finch engineer the first game defeat?

Finch + Braif. You've got to be kidding.

Queensland 13+

3oneday
24th May 2006, 11:30 AM

Finch + Braif. You've got to be kidding.

Queensland 13+Dan oh Dan, your support of Carlton has befuddled your brain.... :p

AndyP
24th May 2006, 11:33 AM
Anybody know if anything else good is on on wednesday night or do I have to rent a movie.
It's snuggling time......

PeteyD
24th May 2006, 12:33 PM
Go Maroons!!

Jarro
24th May 2006, 12:41 PM
yep, you stinkin' cockroaches are in real trouble now if Brett Finch is the best half you can throw at us :roll:

can't wait till he decides to throw the huge dummy and run straight into Carl Webbs shoulder (or forearm)

3oneday
24th May 2006, 12:41 PM
I just noticed all the bullet holes in the flashing sign, is that a defence orientated thing ???

Jarro
24th May 2006, 12:46 PM
shudup Callyman :evil:

Courty
24th May 2006, 12:52 PM
I just noticed all the bullet holes in the flashing sign, is that a defence orientated thing ???

They're not bullet holes. It's cracking under the strain of holding back our potent offense.

:smt019 :mrgreen:

:smt064 <-- The Blue's halves aren't even worth poking a stick at. ;)

3oneday
24th May 2006, 01:06 PM
It's cracking under the strain of holding back our IMpotent offense.

:smt019 :mrgreen:

:smt064 <-- The Blue's halves are even worth bottling. ;);)

Jarro
24th May 2006, 01:11 PM
anyway, score prediction time.

QLD 28

NSW 16

Courty
24th May 2006, 01:15 PM
NSW: 2

QLD: One Miiiiiillion. Mwuaahahahahaaaa

Jarro
24th May 2006, 01:18 PM
like your work Courty 8)

PeteyD
24th May 2006, 01:18 PM
34-18

Fishman Dan
24th May 2006, 01:21 PM
Who cares who wins... i just got my free ticket.

Beer is the winner..

Jarro
24th May 2006, 01:22 PM
nice score Fishy ... hope you have a good night watching our boys beat the living snot out of your mob :)

connico
24th May 2006, 01:23 PM
meh, i dont care who wins, just as long as qld doesnt... :p

Fishman Dan
24th May 2006, 01:25 PM
nice score Fishy ... hope you have a good night watching our boys beat the living snot out of your mob :)

I backed away from QLD 1-12 @ $3.25, but i'm on Hodges for first ($14) and last ($15) tries.

Let's hope he has a blinder, or it's a 1-try game!

Have you seen how much QLD has shortened since Finch was named at half??

Courty
24th May 2006, 01:31 PM
Have you seen how much QLD has shortened since Finch was named at half??

No surprises there. Did you see his form in the City v. Country match? Finch isn't a halfback's a$$hole. :mrgreen:

Virgal_Tracy
24th May 2006, 01:32 PM

No that was the ever reliable:smt078 Brett Kimmorley.

Courty, I would have Paul Green back at the Sharks over Kimmorley any day. Notice how Sharks go on a 4 game winning streak while he is injured and lose as soon as he returns.

As usual Qld have had to pick someone not from Qld to make a competitive side. Anyone else read that Ribot rushed through Ingliss's eligibility before NSW got wind of it even though Inglis has played NSW u/18. He has never played for a QLD side officially as he was playing in the Qld cup for the storm's feeder club.

Bring back the papuan (Lam) or the Kiwi (Carroll). I suppose you cane toads would've kicked up a stink if NSW brought back Jamie Lyon from the UK as well.

Jarro
24th May 2006, 01:36 PM
Virgil, i think you'll find Inglis is eligible for QLD.

It's where you play your first senior footy i believe.

Eag's
24th May 2006, 01:47 PM
Not a good sign when the Blues supporters are already looking for an excuse for when they lose :twisted:
Inglis is a legit selection so no worries there :-D

Have a little faith in your team guys :smt002

3oneday
24th May 2006, 02:08 PM
NSW will kick your dribbly little a_r_s_es

Grunt
24th May 2006, 02:37 PM
I heard the souths halfbacks knocked back the offer for the fact that they would look bad having to play inside Anasta.

Jarro
24th May 2006, 02:40 PM
geez, i bet they really pleaded with Johns to come out of retirement ;)

wonder if he'll come back for one more game if you guys go 1 down tonight ?

Grunt
24th May 2006, 02:41 PM
Virgil, i think you'll find Inglis is eligible for QLD.

It's where you play your first senior footy i believe.

You are correct Jarro but there must be little side things too. Inglis was eligible for both. There have benn other players through the years too that could have played for both. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that heaps of teams not based in QLD have feeder teams playing in QLD comps. For Example, Melbourne has a QLD feeder and a NSW one, the player could play for either as they are both first division teams.

Fishman Dan
24th May 2006, 03:27 PM
Eags - we're not looking for an excuse, we've found it.

FINCH!

Jarro
24th May 2006, 03:29 PM
funnily enough, i half expect Finch to be one of your best tonight.

Players like that usually rise to the occasion because they know they have nothing to lose.

3oneday
24th May 2006, 03:33 PM
If QLD win I will stick that flashing thing in my sig for a week.

Now, when NSW win, what will Jarro do??? I know, a pic of Willy Mason in his avatar AND signature for a fortnight.

Pete

Jarro
24th May 2006, 03:36 PM
not a fair bet Pete.

My signature and avatar are a valuable commodity, that sort of exposure is worth big bucks.

your's ..... well :roll:

3oneday
24th May 2006, 03:37 PM
gutless, like your team

Jarro
24th May 2006, 03:39 PM
hey, i never said i wasn't accepting the bet.

just pointing out the details ;)

3oneday
24th May 2006, 03:43 PM
Go Willy !!!!

connico
24th May 2006, 03:55 PM
If qlds wins im ****ed, no sex for a week...****...nsw better win!!!

andylo
24th May 2006, 03:56 PM

You should have make it 40 days and 40 nights :lol:

connico
24th May 2006, 03:57 PM
...ahhh...got stfu???

andylo
24th May 2006, 04:09 PM
Well I never really follow SOO but due to connico's sake I support QLD :lol:

Go QLDer

amanda
24th May 2006, 05:08 PM
if you're mate's ex is a qlder - I'd get out now ;) (or have a quickie before the game starts!)

Jarro
24th May 2006, 05:34 PM
don't worry Mandy, he can always talk to the hand ;)

Eag's
24th May 2006, 06:34 PM
Bring it on :smt062 had my warm up beers ready to watch
the MAROONS smash the cockies :smt021 :smt077

Grunt
24th May 2006, 07:38 PM
Not a good start, QLD

NSW 14

QLD 0

990B Luva
24th May 2006, 07:41 PM
Biased Refereeing

Come On Queensland

Jarro
24th May 2006, 07:54 PM
pretty dominant first half from the Blues.

QLD (again) look to be playing in slow-motion and are devoid of any sort of attacking options.

We need a big second half now ... 14 points isn't that far ahead ;)

Grunt
24th May 2006, 08:05 PM
Biased Refereeing, WHERE

How about just a simple fact that QLD are playing like ****.

TS
24th May 2006, 08:06 PM
Biased Refereeing, WHERE

How about just a simple fact that QLD are playing like ****.

Young Brett is blind.

Grunt
24th May 2006, 08:07 PM
Game is going the total opposite way that I thought it would with the make up of the teams. How many of the QLD backs are actually playing in the correct position that they play on weekends for there clubs. Just Bowen & Lockyer any others?

Eag's
24th May 2006, 08:59 PM
Wow what a bloody good second half by the Moroons :shock:
The Blues were very, very lucky to get away with that one considering
how bad QLD were in the first half.

Look out game 2 :smt002

PeteyD
24th May 2006, 08:59 PM
Funny game. Cliffhangers always good. Wrong side won it!

Jarro
24th May 2006, 09:00 PM
well, QLD weren't the worst performer out there tonight, that title goes to referee Sean Hamstead.

what a shocker.

Good comeback by the Maroons, but they should never have let NSW get away to such a good start.

terryand
24th May 2006, 09:04 PM
Qld didn't yell "touched" loud enough in the first 20 minutes.A few nerves by the young guys I'd say.

The rest of the match wa pretty good by the Qlder's, that run should do the young guys the world of good for the rest of thre series.

On a side note, gould is still a tosser. When NSW kicked that penalty, he said " what a waste" yeah right tosser it won them the game.

Terry.

McCoy
24th May 2006, 09:06 PM
What was the score?

Jarro
24th May 2006, 09:07 PM
the good guys lost by a point.

PeteyD
24th May 2006, 09:07 PM
17-16

PRC
24th May 2006, 09:12 PM
the good guys lost by a point.

What? Collingwood were playing?

terryand
24th May 2006, 09:13 PM
Just goes to show if you have a good forward pack that is doing the job, it doesn't matter if you have a pair of second rate halves:-s

Terry.

terryand
24th May 2006, 09:14 PM
What? Collingwood were playing?

2002,2003....is all I have to say :mrgreen:
Terry.

3oneday
24th May 2006, 09:17 PM
the good guys lost by a point.you still looking for willies photo ???

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/7979/willie8qs.th.jpg (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=willie8qs.jpg)

Grunt
24th May 2006, 09:25 PM
How's the Touch Judge when Bederus is penalised missed the kick/knee to the head!

Jarro
24th May 2006, 09:28 PM
How's the Touch Judge when Bederus is penalised missed the kick/knee to the head!

.. he must've been blind 'eh.

He also never saw the little right that Buderus gave the tackler before that.

Onewood
24th May 2006, 09:34 PM
Don't care about the names ...

Don't care about the egos ....

Don't care about the fitness ...

It's all about the colour ...

GO THE BLUES

:smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016

Well said Brad,
All over after 21 minutes, short game this league :)

Grunt
24th May 2006, 09:36 PM
.. he must've been blind 'eh.

He also never saw the little right that Buderus gave the tackler before that.

Yeah, if you want to go back to the Grapple tackle that he never saw either.

3oneday
24th May 2006, 09:50 PM
Bottom line, even in the 1st half when NSW lead 14 zip, Hampstead was ordinary. 3 penalties in the 1st 8 minutes, you'd never see Bill do that. That 3rd penalty where Mason got pinged for a high tackle, please....

He seemed to miss a great deal of what was happening. On the Buderus thing, if it was a NRL game would they not have had the bloke in the box telling them what really happened ?? AND, if the ball is stripped by Thaiday off Grothe with 2 in the tackle, is that usually a penalty ???

These are just (potential) match turning events, he did it all night....

He ruined it as a spectacle, I thought only Clarke wanted his face and voice on telly :p

damoocow
24th May 2006, 09:54 PM
Shame that Buderus didn't end up with a broken jaw out of all that, but if you are talking about foul play then he is the worst in the business, you reap what you sew and all that.........The problem with Qld [apart from playing out of position and like a mob of Nancies] was that Carlton MID appeared to be their sponsor in the all too frequent ads.......carlton MID is a girly beer/ Cordial only drunk by effeminates so thereby suiting the current Qld team down to a tee -= p00fter team drinking p00fter beer - sums it all up i'd say,

damoocow

3oneday
24th May 2006, 09:57 PM
Shame that Buderus didn't end up with a broken jaw out of all that, but if you are talking about foul play then he is the worst in the business, you reap what you sew and all that.........The problem with Qld [apart from playing out of position and like a mob of Nancies] was that Carlton MID appeared to be their sponsor in the all too frequent ads.......carlton MID is a girly beer/ Cordial only drunk by effeminates so thereby suiting the current Qld team down to a tee -= p00fter team drinking p00fter beer - sums it all up i'd say,

damoocowso how is the drug sharing with Mcleod progressing, good I see ;)

:lol:

Fishman Dan
24th May 2006, 10:41 PM
Just goes to show if you have a good forward pack that is doing the job, it doesn't matter if you have a pair of second rate halves:-s

Terry.

Spot on, although Finch surprised them - he ran the ball! Was Braith on the field? He's useless. Forwards were awesome.

The Buderis punch. It was a powderpuff, neither player cared and went back to their lines. Touch Judges should be strung by their goolies... if they have any.

But to the game. I was there, 70 000 fans... i've dead set heard noisier libraries. What a dud atmosphere. Sure, when we were doing well, there was noise, when a line break was made.. noise. For heavens sake, the noisiest parts of the game were a) Menzies hit midfield, and b) the mexican wave - mid game! The next biggest cheer was the punchup in the crowd beneath us - it took 6 cops to get 1 guy out, and even then they struggled. He was a monster.

Take the game back to the SFS - 40000 people and an electric atmosphere!

Oh, and the bars were closed 10 minutes into the second half. CLOSED 10 minutes in... as soon as kickoff went they must have started. Can you friggin' believe it? The best advertisement for sneaking in your own alcohol if i've ever seen it. I WANTED TO PAY THEM FOR OVERPRICED BEER OUT OF A $HITTY PLASTIC CUP AND THEY WOULDN'T LET ME!

connico
25th May 2006, 01:33 AM
all i can say is that punch was pansy...

Jarro
25th May 2006, 05:48 AM
i agree with you Fishy. Even on the telly you couls sense that there was next to no atmosphere at the ground. It was a strange game for me, i usually get pretty wound up before the match ..... throwing down my tinnies with great gusto, but i found the excitement wasn't there last night. I think SOO is losing it's appeal with me :(

Grunt
25th May 2006, 06:46 AM
Well after watching my first Origin since 88 without a beer :shock: . I agree with all the comments about lack of atmosphere. Just imagine what is is going to be like when the game is in Melbourne.

Fishman Dan
25th May 2006, 06:46 AM
i agree with you Fishy. Even on the telly you couls sense that there was next to no atmosphere at the ground. It was a strange game for me, i usually get pretty wound up before the match ..... throwing down my tinnies with great gusto, but i found the excitement wasn't there last night. I think SOO is losing it's appeal with me :(

Sore LOSER! :D

Hodges has to be the biggest pea-heart. I was on him for first try. Came up 1 metre short. Seconds later the superstar Finch was in at the opposite end of the ground.

I was also on him for LAST try - in that final try he threw the last pass. His ONLY PASS OF THE MATCH!

Jarro
25th May 2006, 06:54 AM
Sore LOSER! :D

never.

Fish, you ever thought of maybe once NOT betting on a game ?

you might find you enjoy it more.

3oneday
25th May 2006, 06:57 AM
never.

you might find you enjoy it more.hey, where's willie ????

3oneday
25th May 2006, 06:57 AM
hey, i never said i wasn't accepting the bet.

just pointing out the details ;)williewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewillie williewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewi lliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewill iewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewilliewillie willie

Jarro
25th May 2006, 06:59 AM
just tried to save the pic as my avatar and it said it's NOT A VALID FILE TYPE

find another pic Willielover :roll:

Jarro
25th May 2006, 07:05 AM
no probs ... i found a good pic of him ;)

3oneday
25th May 2006, 07:06 AM
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7030/willie48oz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/938/willie30md.jpg (http://imageshack.us)http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7118/willie25ic.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Courty
25th May 2006, 07:58 AM
just tried to save the pic as my avatar and it said it's NOT A VALID FILE TYPE

find another pic Willielover :roll:

Don't worry, mate. I've got your back (see my sig) :mrgreen:

Jarro
25th May 2006, 08:04 AM
Don't worry, mate. I've got your back (see my sig) :mrgreen:

thanks mate :smt023

Grunt
25th May 2006, 08:07 AM
Hey why is the "L" in queenslander smaller? Was the logo made by an New South Welshman and by making the "L" smaller font it highlights it. Only thing I can associate it with is

Loser

:mrgreen:

Fishman Dan
25th May 2006, 08:15 AM
never.

you might find you enjoy it more.

Sure, just in the same way you have contemplated @nal sex.

Jarro
25th May 2006, 08:50 AM
Sure, just in the same way you have contemplated @nal sex.

:smt104

bad day at the office mate :-s

3oneday
25th May 2006, 09:28 AM
I was able to teach my young lad a critical lesson in life during last nights game.
rule 1. don't c0ck your fist and pretend to throw one. If its cocked..throw it.
funny one that, what is Grothe meant to do, wait to see whether he throws it ???

Jarro
25th May 2006, 09:30 AM
i think what tipped Grothe off was when Hodges told him his tats on his forearms looked really stoopid :p

Fishman Dan
25th May 2006, 09:33 AM
:smt104

bad day at the office mate :-s

It's a fair comment. Or has it crossed your mind?

I left out the word 'receptive'. Would that have defined the point clearer? :D

3oneday
25th May 2006, 09:41 AM
It's a fair comment. Or has it crossed your mind?

I left out the word 'receptive'. Would that have defined the point clearer? :Dnup, can someone pm Macca....

We have to stop his drug sharing or the whole forum will be gibberish....

ummm, never mind....

Jarro
25th May 2006, 09:46 AM
maybe somebody spiked Fishy's fruit cocktails last night :roll:

dc68
25th May 2006, 09:51 AM
Woeful 1st half encouraging 2nd BRING ON GAMES 2 AND 3 YOU BLUES
*%*&S:twisted: :-x :smt021

Fishman Dan
25th May 2006, 10:01 AM
maybe somebody spiked Fishy's fruit cocktails last night :roll:

They could have... IF I COULD GET A FRIGGIN' DRINK!

connico
25th May 2006, 10:06 AM
****...no sex for a week, those qlders are ****ed!

brad
25th May 2006, 07:08 PM
i think what tipped Grothe off was when Hodges told him his tats on his forearms looked really stoopid :p

Agreed, although Hodges did take a pretty hefty swipe to the head and still managed to look like it hadn't even touched him.

His most impressive performance of the night :)

Once again ...

Go The BLUES :)