PDA

View Full Version : All weather grips

wazamac
1st May 2016, 08:48 PM
So after playing QLD Champs in the pouring rain, I've decided it's probably time to get some new grips.
What is out there that is good in the wet as The Rad is coming into winter.

hardboiled
1st May 2016, 08:49 PM
Gripmaster

Lagerlover
1st May 2016, 08:59 PM
Yep

benno_r
1st May 2016, 09:15 PM
Pure DTX on all my clubs (except driver) held up well all weekend. Have a look tomorrow. Cheaper than gripmasters by a margain too.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Jazz18
1st May 2016, 10:51 PM
Just use GP Tour Velvets and go and have a beer when it starts raining ;)

dM.
2nd May 2016, 01:22 PM
GP Z Cord Grip.

Wenz
2nd May 2016, 03:55 PM
GP Z Cord Grip.
+1

Scifisicko
3rd May 2016, 04:35 PM
Gripmasters suck in the rain. They are great for hot and humid or light drizzle but as soon as they get properly wet they are like soap. Rough up a set of tour velvets with a hacksaw blade or some coarse sandpaper before the round and you can grip them fine in solid rain, especially if you are not wearing a wet glove.

Daves
3rd May 2016, 05:22 PM
In the real wet, like we had at Qld champs, no grips will stay dry and there will be slip. For those times, the only thing that I find works is a pair of Rain Gloves.

Eag's
3rd May 2016, 08:20 PM
In the real wet, like we had at Qld champs, no grips will stay dry and there will be slip. For those times, the only thing that I find works is a pair of Rain Gloves.

Or bloody tarzan grip ;)

Dotty
4th May 2016, 05:33 AM
... Rough up a set of tour velvets with a hacksaw blade or some coarse sandpaper before the round and you can grip them fine in solid rain, especially if you are not wearing a wet glove.
Ditto for me, with Lamkin Tour Black full cords and 60grit sanding block.

Also rub them with a cloth soaked in metho occasionally. It removes any residual soap and oils, that will leach out when wet.

Courty
4th May 2016, 08:59 AM
Golf Pride Medalist Dual Compounds paired with FJ Raingrip gloves. You'll never have a club slip ever again.

pauly
4th May 2016, 10:29 AM
if you're asking because you're sweaty, tacky grips like gripmasters or tacki-macs or lamkin ace grips are the go, but if you're talking about pissing down rain then old mate above is right - you can't do a thing if your hands are soaked and the grips are soaked, the only solution is special gloves.

wazamac
4th May 2016, 07:06 PM
Or bloody tarzan grip ;)

Shit. That's where I went wrong, somebody swapped the tubes. What does KY mean?:shock:
Will have a look around for a pair of rain gloves and also swap the driver grip as this was the main offender.
One problem I do have is that my left hand is a lot smaller than my right due to a nerve problem.( No homos)

Scifisicko
5th May 2016, 09:51 AM
You guys that say you can't do anything except use voodoo wet weather gloves obviously haven't tried scuffing up a tour velvet with a hacksaw blade. Take one in the shower with you and give it a try.

3oneday
5th May 2016, 09:56 AM
You guys that say you can't do anything except use voodoo wet weather gloves obviously haven't tried scuffing up a tour velvet with a hacksaw blade. Take one in the shower with you and give it a try.what should one do when they're in the shower to test it out?

blurry
5th May 2016, 11:09 AM
Will I need a wet weather glove in the shower to use the hack saw ?

Forecaddie
21st October 2016, 09:32 PM
Gripmaster
yes, leather grips are the best.

Jazz18
21st October 2016, 09:58 PM
Played in the pouring rain at Magenta a few weeks back and plain old tour velvety held up fine. So did the DD2 on my driver.