PDA

View Full Version : Titleist AP2 compared to MB

golfbound
30th April 2016, 05:40 PM
Just wondering how the Titleist 714MB's compare to the 714 AP2's has anyone tried both and was there much difference?

Daves
30th April 2016, 06:33 PM
Unless you are a real flusher, I reckon you will struggle with at least 6i up. Not a big issue in short irons up to 8/7i, after that I would be carrying AP2 for 6/5/4i.
R

golfbound
30th April 2016, 06:45 PM
Thanks Daves I have the Ap2's and love my long irons best 3 and 4 are my favourite clubs lol wish they made the t-mb in a full set here in Aus

Jazz18
30th April 2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks Daves I have the Ap2's and love my long irons best 3 and 4 are my favourite clubs lol wish they made the t-mb in a full set here in Aus

So the Fourteens are no good then? ;)

golfbound
30th April 2016, 07:45 PM
Havent tried them properly yet. Hit a few balls yesterday and they were good, just looking at options for my clubs in sydney. I travel down to sydney alot and cant normally fit my clubs in so i want to put a set together for down there.

Jazz18
30th April 2016, 10:34 PM
Havent tried them properly yet. Hit a few balls yesterday and they were good, just looking at options for my clubs in sydney. I travel down to sydney alot and cant normally fit my clubs in so i want to put a set together for down there.

Fair enough. I think if you have issues with centre strike, you might struggle with any MB, but if you don't struggle to hit the middle, then blades or cavities of any type don't really matter. The biggest difference I think is launch. If you need help with launch, MB's are not your friend.

mrbluu
1st May 2016, 06:45 AM
Unless you are a real flusher, I reckon you will struggle with at least 6i up. Not a big issue in short irons up to 8/7i, after that I would be carrying AP2 for 6/5/4i.
R

Totally agree with this.

Ben, what about MB/CB/AP2 combos. :D

golfbound
1st May 2016, 09:05 AM
The Cb's are similar to my Fourteens i think. Love the look of the MB's but think i will stick with the AP2"s

FuzzyJuzzy
1st May 2016, 02:35 PM
I've owned 710CBs, 712MBs, 712AP2s, 714CBs and 714MBs. Currently using 714CBs. They're all awesome irons.CBs and MBs are quite similar in terms of forgiveness and launch, but you'd be looking at a fair bigger difference between the AP2s and the MBs. T-MBs purport to offer AP2 forgiveness in a blade-like head. The T-MB 3-iron is lovely.

olddogmike
1st May 2016, 03:04 PM
Just got rid of a set of AP2s, could not feel comfortable with them, gone back to my 714mb blades and playing better iron shots than ever. The AP2's had DG S300's and felt a bit klunky and boardy, the Mb's have Nippon. 950's and feel almost surgical in comparison. Yet my Ping S57's have the DG S300's and don't have that boardy feel.

Jazz18
1st May 2016, 07:15 PM
I think what it comes down to is personal preference. I have been throwing around the idea of GI irons but have come to the realisation that they aren't going to help me. The last three comps I've played have been the best three rounds I've had since October last year and I played them with 690.MB's. I was using cavities prior to that. Might not stick with them necessarily but I've learned that it's more about how I play and swing rather than what type of irons I'm playing. Play with what makes you happy.