PDA

View Full Version : well done Karrie

dc68
15th May 2006, 09:18 AM
Congrats to Karrie on her win looks like she is back.

Pinglauncher
15th May 2006, 09:33 AM
2 wins, 2 seconds and a top 15 in her last 5 starts. Pretty impressive.

Flowergirl
15th May 2006, 09:37 AM
Great result. Wasn't it great to see her so happy and relaxed and enjoying the game. You go girl!!!!:-D

McMw
15th May 2006, 10:49 AM
at least 1 aussie got the job done!!!

Golfgirl
15th May 2006, 12:19 PM
I thought the news from last night was hilarious though... the news reader says "Karrie takes a 5 shot lead into the final round" and they show footage of her hitting a shocking putt which she nearly missed a foot left. You would think the TV station could have come up with some better footage than that!!!

Still, congrats to Karrie - it must be a hard thing to battle your way back from the kind of form that she had been in till recently.

Jarro
15th May 2006, 01:47 PM
great to see her have another win.

I agree, she does seem to look like she's actually having fun now.

Maybe she's decided she doesn't wanna be a lesbian anymore ;)

shazza_rs
15th May 2006, 02:58 PM
great to see her have another win.

I agree, she does seem to look like she's actually having fun now.

Maybe she's decided she doesn't wanna be a lesbian anymore ;)

No where is the fun in that Jarro? :-D

Jarro
15th May 2006, 03:03 PM
No where is the fun in that Jarro? :-D

Shazza, does Peter know about your enthusiasm for lesbianism :-s

goughy
15th May 2006, 05:05 PM
I would guess that she's finally forgiven herself for not leaving a tournament early and missing the passing of her grandfather by a few hours. He was probably the major influence in her life, and I think you'll find that her drop off in preformance coincides with his passing.

It's great to see her enjoying the game again. Too much talent to not come back, just needed the time.

miro
16th May 2006, 07:00 AM
I thought the news from last night was hilarious though... the news reader says "Karrie takes a 5 shot lead into the final round" and they show footage of her hitting a shocking putt which she nearly missed a foot left. You would think the TV station could have come up with some better footage than that!!!

Still, congrats to Karrie - it must be a hard thing to battle your way back from the kind of form that she had been in till recently.

GG,

I watched the tournament last night (taped it) and I believe it was not in fact a "shocking" putt. It was the second last putt of the tournament, she was 7 ahead and Patt Hirst was about an inch closer than her on the same line. So she hit the putt just left of the hole to ensure either Hirst got a read (tied fourth) or that she got to sink the last putt as tradition dictates. When your 7 ahead you can do that sort of stuff.

Golfgirl
16th May 2006, 12:52 PM
Fair enough - I didn't realise that the putt was in that context - but I still think that different footage (ie, the tap in for win) would have made for better viewing during a 15 second news story.

raidrboy
16th May 2006, 09:16 PM
It was a great win by Karrie. Haven't seen her smiling and looking like she was enjoying her golf for sometime. Annika missed the cut for only the 2nd time in 124 starts, which is also some achievment.