PDA

View Full Version : Another addition to the flock from the Goldie

shavey
4th May 2004, 08:28 PM
There may be a few who remember me from RSG back in the day. Great to see that Blakey and Golfer69 are still in the fray.

Well, who would of knew that my interest in golf would have led me to working at a Golf Club. It's not always you are fortunate enough to be paid for your passion. I am now working at Lakelands Golf Club as Sales Executive. I have only been there for a month and am absolutely loving it. I can't believe I get paid for this!

Anyway, I'm still hacking it around with an 'official' Golflink of 14, but have been playing of the plates at Lakelands and going around in +8-12 with ease so if your looking for a useful ambrose player

Looking forward to hearing to speaking with you all, in now what it is our OWN forum.

Great to be back...

Shavey

goughy
4th May 2004, 08:30 PM
I think I asked this last night, but is RSG the newsgroup rec.sport.golf?

I used to be there a few years ago, but there was so much flaming at the time that I ended up giving it a miss. I think I was there for about a year.

Anyway, I'm probably on the wrong track.

See ya

shavey
4th May 2004, 08:39 PM
Yep, your on the right spot with RSG. Used to be an entertaining and enjoyable newsgroup then just turned into a non-stop flame war.

Unfortunate as there were a few very knowledgeable folk there..

markTHEblake
4th May 2004, 08:51 PM
Shavey - thought you had been killed by one of the axe murderers you found on the net. Good to see you back and able to get your mates free games at Lakelands.

Goughy, I remember you "R & D" . Hope i didnt call you a wonker, like i did to the rest. I hung up on that mob a couple of years ago after a good 7 years of addiction.

Its amazing what difference it makes in forums if you actually meet the people that you communicate with.

goughy
4th May 2004, 09:48 PM
Man, you guys are freakin' me out. I can't believe you remember my user name from then blakey :shock: . I think it was a guy called colin wilson who first got me onto an aussie golf forum. RSG also got me into component clubs, which I have finally shaken. Phew.

I liked the place, but eventually the flaming just got too heavy. But there were some good people over there as well.

I had a peek back there about 6 months ago after not being there for a couple of years and it didn't seem like much had changed.

I guarantee you that stuff won't be happening here.

markTHEblake
4th May 2004, 09:55 PM
Goughy - i have a memory like a sieve. There is a thing called Google that i rely on to remind me of little things like that.

I have played golf with Colin and he still hangs out on the NG's but i think only aus.sport.golf these days. Have tried to get him onto our forums but he doesnt seem to want to.

Other Axemurderers i met through RSG were Shavey and Golfer69, the latter who in turn introduced me to ISG, of which i have ended up here.

There is also "blake" who has participated in NG's but I knew him for real first so he technically is not an Axemurderer.

So in reality RSG has been good to us, but like ISG, too many morons.

now you should go back to the NG's and have a look at the support your getting from your post a couple of days ago

goughy
5th May 2004, 04:32 AM
I didn't realise I'd posted in the ng's until you told my mtb. That wifey of mine being sneaky sneaky.

I ducked in to have a look and all the names came flooding back to me from years ago. I was actually surprised aus.sport.golf was still alive. I remember when it was first started up and it really seemed to drag it's feet so much so that I didn't think it was gonna make it.

Are they still slamming gh in rsg. Man there used to be some flaming over him.

markTHEblake
5th May 2004, 11:41 PM
I think George and Felicity died off a long time ago, but they probably hate someone else now

goughy
6th May 2004, 05:18 AM
I went and had a look and found george still there. In fact someone had started a thread about perfect impact. The first response was, are you looking for a fight. Some things don't change.

Marto65
31st May 2012, 01:26 PM
Shavey, can you still get us free games at Lakelands?

Jarro
31st May 2012, 01:59 PM
subtle Marto, real subtle :roll:

dc68
31st May 2012, 02:08 PM
Man, you guys are freakin' me out. I can't believe you remember my user name from then blakey :shock: . I think it was a guy called colin wilson who first got me onto an aussie golf forum. RSG also got me into component clubs, which I have finally shaken. Phew.

I liked the place, but eventually the flaming just got too heavy. But there were some good people over there as well.

I had a peek back there about 6 months ago after not being there for a couple of years and it didn't seem like much had changed.

I guarantee you that stuff won't be happening here.

Took a while but ya came through.. ;)

shavey
31st May 2012, 03:28 PM
Can't believe this thread hasn't been archived by now.

To answer your question Marto, nothing in life is free :) but something can be arranged.

FWIW, I finished up at Lakies over 5 years ago but still have a good contact there.