PDA

View Full Version : M1 settings

live4golf
26th April 2016, 09:13 PM
Couple of questions, those of you who use an M1, what setting do you use, weight back or weight front? Did you see much of a change with launch angle, spin, forgiveness? Anyone swapped the 15g front weight and the 10g back weight? Ta.

davidw88
26th April 2016, 09:26 PM
I used to put the weight at the back of the head and leave the other in the centre. Found I hit it a bit more consistent with the weight at the back.

GuyIncognito
26th April 2016, 09:31 PM
had a demo of one over the weekend with the kurokage shaft, started with the weight all the way forward, didnt do much for me but i swing at 99mph so i think that's probably why...

moved it just slightly in front of centre and got better results, the ball actually looked like it climbed to a peak...

not going to race out and buy one, was fairly underwhelmed with the outcomes...

Dangals
26th April 2016, 10:00 PM
I leave my weight in the middle on both tracks. Definitely found it more forgiving at the back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huynhie
26th April 2016, 10:45 PM
Leave mine in the middle with full draw setting. Can definitely feel the difference when it's at the back compared to front. I leave it as I like the lower flight and spin but also need forgiveness. Also have lofted it to 11 degrees

FuzzyJuzzy
27th April 2016, 08:36 AM
PJ, I have the weight fully back in mine - helps with forgiveness and doesn't seem to spin up enough to lose noticeable distance. The front weight I've got set one notch towards the toe - had it a couple more notches towards the toe to combat too much right to left shape in my ball flight, but seems to work a bit better where it is set now. Thought you'd given up on the M1...

live4golf
27th April 2016, 09:07 AM
PJ, I have the weight fully back in mine - helps with forgiveness and doesn't seem to spin up enough to lose noticeable distance. The front weight I've got set one notch towards the toe - had it a couple more notches towards the toe to combat too much right to left shape in my ball flight, but seems to work a bit better where it is set now. Thought you'd given up on the M1...I did, but it is so purdy

Wenz
27th April 2016, 09:24 AM
Is an M1 with weight back essentially the same as an M2?

dM.
27th April 2016, 10:44 AM
A bit of a difference in CG Location: http://www.mygolfspy.com/golf-geeks-2016-driver-center-of-gravity/

Found the front weight lined up with usual impact location worked best.

FuzzyJuzzy
27th April 2016, 05:40 PM
Is an M1 with weight back essentially the same as an M2? A few of the pros have switched to M2 - Sergio and Senden, off top of my head...