PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore Heritage- 4th June - 10:25 & 10:30

Grunt
14th May 2006, 10:06 PM
Hi all

With me wanting to play Asquith before my pennants starts in July and the interest shown already by those here, I will ring this week and see about when we would be able to book and how many can play. I would expect the usual of 1 maybe 2 groups. I will also add a calendar entry too.

How does about 10:30/11am sound for a initial tee time plan?

Results
Jono 32 points
Jimandr 30 points
Grunt 30 points
Zipptopp 29 points
Connico 27 points
3oneday 24 points
Pinglauncher 17 points

connico
15th May 2006, 12:43 AM
Yeah ill be up for it, if you know the cost that would be good, and also a 10:30/11am start would be ideal! :P

on a side note grant, did you get my sms?

Grunt
15th May 2006, 07:35 AM
When did you send it? have not got any since Saturday.

Grunt
15th May 2006, 07:54 AM
Quick change, due to the fact Pete (3oneday) need to play our matchplay. I am going to try to make the tee time earlier to facilitate this fact. Planned tee time is now 8/8:30am. I will try this morning and see when we can book.

connico
15th May 2006, 09:56 AM
Excellent, i dont mind that time, infact it might be ideal :P

Regardless grant i sent you an sms when i found out you where playing at your club, and i wanted you to pick up some balls with the gift voucher i won?? lol :P

Maybe your mobile has changed, i called the one listed in the members directory

Jono
15th May 2006, 10:22 AM
I should be right for an early Sunday game on the 4th. If there's a spare spot, can you put me down? Thanks. 8)

connico
15th May 2006, 11:36 AM
Why dont you just add yourself to the calander listing jono??...

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-6-4&c=1

Grunt
15th May 2006, 04:51 PM
I rang Asquith this afternoon, sheets come out for visitors the week before play. Therefore the sheets for the 4th will be available the Sunday before. The guy in the pro shop said that ringing on the Monday I would be able to get 1-2 groups in.

Jono
15th May 2006, 08:16 PM
Why dont you just add yourself to the calander listing jono??...

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-6-4&c=1

Thanks, mate. 8)

jimandr
15th May 2006, 10:20 PM
Grunt,

If you and 3oneday are playing an Epic Matchplay tussle, perhaps this topic should be moved under the MatchPlay heading.

Whether the match happens or not, I'm keen to cross another unplayed course off my list. June 4 is fine for me.

cazandpaul
16th May 2006, 12:10 PM
Asquith is our old club - will be interested to hear how it looks these days.

Pinglauncher
18th May 2006, 10:22 AM
Haven't played Asquith so looking forward to this one.

connico
18th May 2006, 10:48 AM
wanna car pool chris? :p

Pinglauncher
18th May 2006, 05:41 PM
wanna car pool chris? :p

:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023

Grunt
18th May 2006, 05:44 PM
Wow, we almost have 2 groups. Hope we can get both groups together. I will book it Monday week.

connico
18th May 2006, 07:16 PM
:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023

this time i dont know where it is lol :p

Grunt
25th May 2006, 02:04 PM
Hi all

I know I should be organising this due to the fact I started this thread, but due to the fact of the sheets not being available until Monday.
I can't guarantee that I will get a chance to book the group on Monday due to work commitments. I am working Dayshift Mon/Tues/Wed next week so I could in fact not get a chance to call the club until Thursday.
Could I pass the baton off to one of you to do it?

jimandr
26th May 2006, 11:21 PM
Hi all

I know I should be organising this due to the fact I started this thread, but due to the fact of the sheets not being available until Monday.

Could I pass the baton off to one of you to do it?

I'll try to do the honours. I'm going to try Strathfield for the 12th as well, so two personal calls during worktime shouldn't be too much.

This one needs to be before 9.00am, doesn't it?

Grunt
27th May 2006, 05:28 AM
Thanks Jim, I spoke to Jono at Oatlands and he said he would ring Asquith on Monday. I should have posted something up last night but I forgot.

Andrew
27th May 2006, 06:43 AM
so two personal calls during worktime shouldn't be too much.

Don't you work for a Government department ?

I'm going to write a letter to my local member.

Grunt
28th May 2006, 03:57 PM
Hi All

Hate to be the bearer of Bad New but next Sunday has hit a snag. I just rang the club and due to misimformation in previous calls we can't get on. There was 1 slot only available @ 12:30 and I know most of you were not going to be able to make that time.

Any other ideas on where to play?

Grunt
28th May 2006, 05:07 PM
How does Glenmore sound to everyone?

I have rung the proshop and tentatively booked us 2 tee times. All that was available was 10:25 & 10:30. I told the guy I would get back to him by wednesday with an answer.

connico
28th May 2006, 05:31 PM
im there mate

3oneday
28th May 2006, 06:24 PM
I'll have to discuss it, I'll let you know in the next few days.

Pete

jimandr
28th May 2006, 10:47 PM
I'm still in.

More details on the Asquith situation please. I still want to play there at some stage. PM me if there is something you don't want to reveal to the world (then I'll tell everyone anyway!).

3oneday
29th May 2006, 07:22 AM
I'm right.

Jono
29th May 2006, 08:34 AM
Me too. 8)

Pinglauncher
29th May 2006, 09:36 AM
Looks good for me too. First round in 5 weeks so should be interesting.

3oneday
29th May 2006, 10:06 AM
due to misimformation in previous calls we can't get on. There was 1 slot only available @ 12:30 and I know most of you were not going to be able to make that time.my guess, that the sheet came out earlier than he was told, and it was full.

Life goes on, looking forward to the 560 metre 6th :shock:

Pete

Jono
29th May 2006, 01:05 PM
my guess, that the sheet came out earlier than he was told, and it was full.

Life goes on, looking forward to the 560 metre 6th :shock:

Pete

That's driver, 3 wood, 3 wood for you, ey? ;)

3oneday
29th May 2006, 02:17 PM
That's driver, 3 wood, 3 wood for you, ey? ;)yep, you get 2 shots :p

Grunt
1st June 2006, 02:38 PM
Ok I have just spoken to Glenmore Heritage to confirm the booking.

Tee Times
10:24
10:32

Cost $28

Reminder for all coming, the proshop asked that everyone bring your Golflink & membership cards for ID. Those not on Golflink, membership cards are ok too. Guess they have been had by people posing as members of a club.

Also if anyone else wants to come there is 1 available tee slot, we only have 7 starters

3oneday
1st June 2006, 02:39 PM
Ok I have just spoken to Glenmore Heritage to confirm the booking.

Tee Times
10:24
10:32

Reminder for all coming, the proshop asked that everyone bring your Golflink & membership cards for ID. Those not on Golflink, membership cards are ok too. Guess they have been had by people posing as members of a club.Have we still got 8 ?? Did you check the price ?? last time I played there it was $35 ??

Pete

Grunt
1st June 2006, 02:42 PM
By the calander we have 7 starters. I asked if the price was $28 and the guy on the phone said yes.

3oneday
1st June 2006, 02:47 PM
Cool, thanks for organising....

Grunt
1st June 2006, 02:52 PM
Not a problem, not sure if the choice of course is going to suit me but so be it.

zipptopp
1st June 2006, 10:46 PM
I no one has arranged anything previously I can make up the 8.

Grunt
2nd June 2006, 05:47 AM
I no one has arranged anything previously I can make up the 8.

You're in, see you Sunday. Click in the calendar that you are attending and the spot is yours.

Trung
2nd June 2006, 06:06 AM
can someone pick me up? :razz:

3oneday
2nd June 2006, 07:03 AM
can someone pick me up? :razz:isn't that what that chick in the restaurant did ????

tosser ;)

connico
2nd June 2006, 07:15 AM
can someone pick me up? :razz:

yeah sure ill come around and pick up you up sunday....not...

why dont you just go get laid?

Trung
2nd June 2006, 10:32 AM
:confused: laid?

i'm young and innocent... Don't destroy me.... :twisted:

Trung
2nd June 2006, 10:34 AM
isn't that what that chick in the restaurant did ????

tosser ;)

free food you tosser... :twisted:

3oneday
2nd June 2006, 10:52 AM
free food you tosser... :twisted:
ok, that's what they call it there is it :confused:

:p

connico
3rd June 2006, 07:43 PM
trung is always confused between food and "food"....doesnt know which one he prefers

Jono
3rd June 2006, 09:39 PM
I bags front seat for the main event ... i.e. if others don't mind, I'd like to be in the same group as Pete and Grunt to witness the battle of the heavy weights. 8)

Besides ... gotta show Pete my new driver. :lol:

Grunt
4th June 2006, 07:51 AM
Well it looks as thought we have still got a free spot with the calendar entry showing 7 people coming. Late notice I know but if anyone wishes to join us then just turn up.

connico
4th June 2006, 05:13 PM
Good Game fellas, had a great day even though it was cold, slow and the greens where tough...

Grunt
4th June 2006, 05:36 PM
OK results are in.

Jono 32 points
Jimandr 30 points
Grunt 30 points
Zipptopp 29 points
Connico 27 points
3oneday 24 points
Pinglauncher 17 points

Thanks everyone for coming.
Glenmore has rubbed itself off the OzGolf playlist with today though I think. So called Match Committee member arcing up after being asked to please play a little faster, after a little debate we play out the hole after calling up our fellow OzGolfer group to see if we can let the slow group in front get clear. Then the drinks cart driver tells us we are holding up play and please play a little faster. We all were not happy then.

Jono
4th June 2006, 06:29 PM
Glenmore has rubbed itself off the OzGolf playlist with today though I think. So called Match Committee member arcing up after being asked to please play a little faster, after a little debate we play out the hole after calling up our fellow OzGolfer group to see if we can let the slow group in front get clear. Then the drinks cart driver tells us we are holding up play and please play a little faster. We all were not happy then.

Yeah ... scratch Glenmore off. Drive one hour to play on a poorly conditioned course with slow playing committee members who don't fix up pitch marks ... and holes stuck in ridiculous spots ... Thanks, but no thanks. :-x

Thanks for the day guys. The company of fellow Ozgolfers make up for the disappointing course conditions. 8)

jimandr
4th June 2006, 06:39 PM
I can report that the second group did it tough today, mainly due to our own incompetence, but some awful pin placements didn't help our abilities to get the ball in the hole.

Our play featured some cracking drives from Connico and Zipptopp that I struggled to keep up with, the occasional excellent iron approach shot, and generally awful chipping and putting. Connico is suffering chipping yips and long putting yips at the moment.

What's worse it that very few funny things happened that I can think of.

Andrew
4th June 2006, 06:47 PM
Jono,

Hate to say I told you so, but .......

TS
4th June 2006, 06:50 PM
Jono,

Hate to say I told you so, but .......

I took your advise and stay home instead.

3oneday
4th June 2006, 06:53 PM
Company was great, had a few laughs at the expense of Jono. Even though I had 24 points I didn't feel I played that badly, weird as it sounds..

Always excited by playing the first 9 holes in 3 hours :shock:.

Enough has already been said about the match committee guy, suffice to say he was probably quite proud we all got finished before dark.... pity we hit off at 10.30am :p

Grunt
4th June 2006, 06:54 PM
Was a weird feeling but due to the silly pin placements I actually putted well. I had a few very good lag putts and a few that actually dropped. Can't remember the hole but Pete highlighted it to me when we saw the cup edge just below greenlevel. If a putt were to hit the hole too hard it could have easily bounced back out.

Trung
5th June 2006, 02:02 PM
too many b*tches at Glenmore today..:twisted:

Someone please type.....

I have a handicap, I didn't play anywhere near it, I played sh*t and stop blaming external elements.

:twisted:

brad
5th June 2006, 02:13 PM
I see you got the morning off to a good start their Trung :)

3oneday
5th June 2006, 02:16 PM

Someone please type.....

I have a handicap, I didn't play anywhere near it, I played sh*t and stop blaming external elements.

:twisted:get back to the restuarant ya flog, you're just dirty cause no one came to pick you up :p

Trung
5th June 2006, 02:25 PM
hey Brad, its 12.24am here Monday morning.. Nice way to start the week ... :mrgreen:

Pete.... you hacker :twisted:

Pinglauncher
5th June 2006, 02:26 PM

Someone please type.....

:twisted:

I have a handicap, I didn't play anywhere near it, I played sh*t

HAPPY NOW.

Trung
5th June 2006, 02:32 PM
I have a handicap, I didn't play anywhere near it, I played sh*t

HAPPY NOW.

G'day Ping, we all know that Carnarvon members are the most honest one out there :mrgreen: .

Straight shooting partner :-D

connico
5th June 2006, 05:03 PM
Are you still a member there???

Regardless, 3 hours for the 1st nine holes, thats a marathon!

Regardless, at least i got my e5s from Grant, and i got to admit i love these pills...gotta get some more!

Funny indicent for me was when two aproach shots hit at very good distances plugged ball deep in to greenside grass bunkers...hmmm

Also calling "Four" and the group ahead hearing it as f&*k"

3oneday
5th June 2006, 08:12 PM
Also calling "Four" and the group ahead hearing it as f&*k":lol: :lol:

AndyP
5th June 2006, 08:13 PM
With connico's potty mouth, I'd be more likely to believe the latter too.

zipptopp
5th June 2006, 10:06 PM
Don't be too hard on young Anthony. I've had 3 games with him now and he's really quite pleasant to play with.

I enjoyed the day despite some peculiar pin placements. I thought my clever use of the embankment, cart path and garden bed on the ninth was my best of the day.

Anyway, lets look foward to next Monday and with a bit of rain maybe Camden Valley will have softened.

3oneday
5th June 2006, 10:08 PM
Don't be too hard on young Anthony. I've had 3 games with him now and he's really quite pleasant to play with.I have to agree, he just posts like a maniac !!!!

Trung
5th June 2006, 11:44 PM
Are you still a member there???

Yes I am :mrgreen: .....

Country Membership... $300 or so a year...

connico
8th June 2006, 11:04 AM
I have to agree, he just posts like a maniac !!!!

i resent that...well i dont actually... but regardless... i really did shout four...i think...

It was funny but, i was pretty freaking loud and no one moved or went to over thier heads at all, must have definately thought it was "****"

connico
8th June 2006, 11:16 AM
Don't be too hard on young Anthony. I've had 3 games with him now and he's really quite pleasant to play with.

Awe shucks!!! :oops: Im just a potty mouth on the forums thats all.

Your pleasant to play wif too jeff!

3oneday
8th June 2006, 11:33 AM
Awe shucks!!! :oops: Im just a potty mouth on the forums thats all.

Your pleasant to play wif too jeff!get a room !!!!!!!!

Grunt
8th June 2006, 12:02 PM
Has anyones GolfLink been updated from Sunday? Or is it just another example of why I am looking for another club to manage my golf handicap.

3oneday
8th June 2006, 12:04 PM
Yes mate, CCR was 76 :shock: so Jono played to his handicap !!!

Grunt
8th June 2006, 12:14 PM
I was not far off then either I had 1 less point.