PDA

View Full Version : Face-balanced putters

FuzzyJuzzy
20th April 2016, 06:19 PM
Gents,Can any of you blokes explain to me what the term "face-balanced" means re: putters? Picked up a Futura X5 last week, which is working like a damn charm:). But was reading up on it before buying it and reviews were saying, "it's face-balanced, so when you aim up your putt and address the ball the shaft points at the hole" or might've been "points down the target line". Think Scotty Cameron himself said this in a video when launching the Futura X5 and X5R. Just curious on that point - how does the shaft "point" towards where you want to roll the ball? Thanks, FJ.

Anfield
20th April 2016, 06:35 PM
Too technical for me mate
All i know is the 2 best putters I've ever used and currently still have both are face balanced and for me i wouldn't consider anything else.
I'll be following this thread though as the "experts" chime in

hacker
20th April 2016, 06:50 PM

First one is face balanced then going down the line of toe hang putters.

When you put the shaft on bench with head hanging over this is how the head of the putter will sit.

wazandnic
20th April 2016, 06:51 PM
^ hacks beat me too it, but what he said!

Face balance basically means if you hold the putter loosely in your hand, the face of the putter will point up to the sky.

This type of putter is suited to a straight back straight through stroke, as opposed to an arcing stroke.

simmsy
20th April 2016, 07:35 PM
Choppas use Face Balanced putters, playas use heavy toe hang.
[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Nemo
20th April 2016, 07:59 PM
[emoji3]

Can't remember if I BEAT you with a face balanced putter or not.... ?
;)

3Puttpete
20th April 2016, 08:00 PM
Scotty cameron reckons there's no such thing as straight back straight through, every putting stroke has an arc

Steve57
20th April 2016, 08:18 PM
Scotty cameron reckons there's no such thing as straight back straight through, every putting stroke has an arc
That must be why there is no centre shaft option with his new series of putters.

simmsy
20th April 2016, 08:48 PM
Can't remember if I BEAT you with a face balanced putter or not.... ?
;)

Nah u had a proper putter
;)

Captain Nemo
20th April 2016, 08:49 PM
Scotty cameron reckons there's no such thing as straight back straight through, every putting stroke has an arc Really?

Captain Nemo
20th April 2016, 08:50 PM
Nah u had a proper putter;) Scotty Proto??

Johnny Canuck
20th April 2016, 09:00 PM
[emoji3]

What about choppers that use heavy toe hang?

3Puttpete
20th April 2016, 09:08 PM
Really?

Really!

Captain Nemo
20th April 2016, 09:16 PM
Never heard that before.

wazandnic
20th April 2016, 09:34 PM
Me neither

3Puttpete
20th April 2016, 09:37 PM
I assumed the scotty fan boys would know this.

http://youtu.be/YGv2ASCWuBo

Captain Nemo
20th April 2016, 09:48 PM
I assumed the scotty fan boys would know this. http://youtu.be/YGv2ASCWuBoWhy's that?

3Puttpete
20th April 2016, 09:52 PM
Why's that?

I thought it was common knowledge. It's not like he makes a secret of it.

3Puttpete
20th April 2016, 09:54 PM
2 days ago

https://instagram.com/p/BEWIJE-gJ6I/

Captain Nemo
20th April 2016, 09:54 PM
Why would it be secretive?

3Puttpete
20th April 2016, 09:55 PM
Dunno. I said it's not

Captain Nemo
20th April 2016, 09:56 PM
Why would it not be secretive?

3Puttpete
20th April 2016, 09:57 PM
So anyone slightly more intelligent than a fool could learn what he thinks

FuzzyJuzzy
21st April 2016, 06:33 AM
Thanks Gents. Hacker and Waz nailed it, the rest of you blokes are is just playing for second...or third:).
Still, how does the shaft "point" at the target at address? Whether it does or doesn't I'm not fussed, but just curious what the hell that statement means. Is it something to do with when you put the head behind the ball it sits squarer, or something? Thanks.

Captain Nemo
21st April 2016, 06:54 AM
So anyone slightly more intelligent than a fool could learn what he thinks Yes

Jazz18
21st April 2016, 08:08 AM
Thanks Gents. Hacker and Waz nailed it, the rest of you blokes are is just playing for second...or third:).
Still, how does the shaft "point" at the target at address? Whether it does or doesn't I'm not fussed, but just curious what the hell that statement means. Is it something to do with when you put the head behind the ball it sits squarer, or something? Thanks.

I have heard him talking about where the single bend shaft points when set up. If you look down at the shaft when you're ready to putt, I think he's saying the shaft will look like its pointing down the target line. Not sure I'd worry too much about that though. If you're looking at the shaft when you're about to putt, you've got bigger problems To worry about than where that shaft is pointing!

wazandnic
21st April 2016, 09:10 AM
2 days ago

https://instagram.com/p/BEWIJE-gJ6I/

I think by that he is saying the "proper" way to putt is with an arc... doesn't really mention there is no such thing as straight back straight through stroke??