PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup Final

Fishman Dan
14th May 2006, 08:22 AM
Come on you Reds!

Thrilling match.. i couldn't tough it out to watch the entire game, just Carragher's Own Goal in the twelfth minute.

I left the teev on and woke up intermittently, so i knew it was a close one. I woke up at 2-1 (WH), 2-2, 3-2 (WH), and the presentation for Liverpool!

Saw one of the goals this morning, a cracking shot from outside the box!!

I know there's a few Hammer's fans around here... penny for your thoughts?? And Kewell injured his groin.. 4 weeks to mend.

Grunt
14th May 2006, 08:30 AM
Watched the 1st half and thought it was going to be a tough day. They had a big go at it and I bet Liverpool never thought it would be that tough a game.
Still it was a good year for the Hammers, 3rd in the Championship and FA Cup Final is a pretty good year for a team not that long ago was struggling in 1st division and almost went to 2 division a few years ago.

Fishman Dan
14th May 2006, 09:08 AM
Newsflash - i obviously didn't wake up a 2-2.. Hammers choked from 3-1!

91st minute cracker was Gerard.. goal of the season!

Grunt
14th May 2006, 10:00 AM
If I remember correctly it got to 2-2 then 3-2. The leveller in stoppage time was a cracker. It went like a bullet into the net.
West Ham nearly won it in extra time too, hit the near post then the rebound went to one of the West Ham attackers but alas he was injured and all he could do was tap it, even the commentators said if it had benn any other West Ham player it was a goal. He will be shattered today.
At the end of the game the ESPN commentators said that if anyone did not enjoy the game they were awefully hard to please. They also said the game matched the status that the 125th FA cup should hold in the future

connico
14th May 2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah was an excellent match, i had to decide hard if i wanted sex or watch the game, op'ed for the game, she wasnt to pleased....Regardless...Excellent short right up there Grant, those two bullets that leveled and then won the game were my high lights.

Just a note, did anyone else noticed, it could have been me, but that was not english footy, esp in the first 20 minutes, it calmed down a little after that but it was still a very dynamic match. Short passing, interceptions, turn overs...

I always though english footy was possession...long balls up the sides and crossing in the middle...wasnt like anything iv seen before from english footy and iv watched a fair few matches...

Do you think its changing ie the match trends or the amount of skilled international players that are finally bringing in dynamic football?

Grunt
14th May 2006, 03:34 PM
Commentators noted that in the first 10 min. Connico.

connico
14th May 2006, 04:39 PM
bugger i had no sound lol

terryand
14th May 2006, 06:41 PM
What the FA Cup :smt017

Terry.

Courty
14th May 2006, 06:47 PM
I was like you Fishy. I tried valiantly to watch it, but dozed off during the pre-game crap. I woke up just in tim eto see Cisse's fantastic goal, then packed it in & hit the sack.

Grunt
14th May 2006, 07:39 PM
I was doing the micro sleep bit just as half time hit and thought bugger it I am going to sleep now.

CobraSS
14th May 2006, 07:52 PM
I was doing the micro sleep bit just as half time hit and thought bugger it I am going to sleep now.

jeeez you guys are soft, I watched it and didn't miss a second, great game, Rooney or no Rooney,the Poms, have plenty of firepower with Gerrard and Lampard in the midfield for the World Cup.

Virgal_Tracy
15th May 2006, 09:47 AM
Stevie Gerrard obviously enjoys the big occassion. He has scored in the last 5 cup finals that Liverpool have played in. Talk about big match performer.

Does anyone else know of a player that could've scored that last goal. The last player I've seen do anything like that was Glenn Hoddle.

Reds didn't necessarily deserve to win especially with Cisse worried more about his boots than how he was playing but Stevie lifted them when no one else had the skills to do it.

Look for Liverpool to change their style of play if they get Gonzalez back from Spain and they have (a motivated) Kewell and Gonzalez laying on either wing.