PDA

View Full Version : Shaft epoxy, bits & pieces

JADO75
17th April 2016, 05:05 PM
There's a fair chance this has already been discussed but for those who do their own club work, where do you buy your bits & pieces from, especially glue/epoxy?
Does anyone have some spare Brampton's they want to sell? Anyone interested in a group buy?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers
Jado

benno_r
17th April 2016, 05:12 PM
There's a fair chance this has already been discussed but for those who do their own club work, where do you buy your bits & pieces from, especially glue/epoxy?
Does anyone have some spare Brampton's they want to sell? Anyone interested in a group buy?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers
Jado

Jado,

Brampton from these guys:
http://www.walkerdengolf.com.au/index.asp?pagename=displayprod&id=5845

(http://www.walkerdengolf.com.au/index.asp?pagename=displayprod&id=5845)Parts from:
Monark Golf:
http://www.monarkgolf.com/ (cheaper shipping than golf works)

Todds Golf Grips ebay (Think it is golfworks with a more limited selection and cheaper shipping):
http://stores.ebay.com/Todds-Golf-Grips-and-Shafts

Cheers,
Ben

JADO75
17th April 2016, 05:15 PM
Cheers Benny, I forgot to mention I got the Cleveland irons. Muck me they look good, thank you

benno_r
17th April 2016, 05:16 PM
Cheers Benny, I forgot to mention I got the Cleveland irons. Muck me they look good, thank you

No worries mate - bloody steal. Oh well, that's the 2nd hand golf scene for ya!

Jazz18
17th April 2016, 05:20 PM
Jado, Walkerden (as per Benno's post) are at Kings Park and you can go to their warehouse and buy what you need from them with a credit card. Give them a buzz and I'm sure they will help you out.

3oneday
17th April 2016, 05:28 PM
Araldite, Bunnings.

backintheswing
17th April 2016, 05:34 PM

I picked them up off benno's mate in Brisbane and delivered to Maryborough. Stuffs me how I let them go. Such good looking clubs.

Daves
17th April 2016, 06:13 PM
Bramptons 5/15 is the Ducks imo.

benno_r
17th April 2016, 06:29 PM
Bramptons 5/15 is the Ducks imo.

Agreed. What's your record in one build? I can't get more then 3 clubs out of 1 mix before it goes off.

Captain Nemo
17th April 2016, 06:31 PM
That's why I don't like that quick set stuff....

benno_r
17th April 2016, 06:32 PM
That's why I don't like that quick set stuff....

That's the reason to like it though. Hop out of bed, take a dump, build a club, tee off 90min later with it.

Captain Nemo
17th April 2016, 06:33 PM
Haha, I don't have that luxury of time.....

benno_r
17th April 2016, 06:36 PM
Haha, I don't have that luxury of time.....

Neither do I. Fly home Wed night, dry build a driver that night. Glue up at 6:00am. Tee off with it after dropping the Mrs at work at 8:00. When you get 6days a month at home, waiting 24hrs for epoxy to dry is sh*t.

Longest cure I use the days is the Golfworks Tour Set plus in the 2:1 plunger - 4hr cure.

Daves
17th April 2016, 06:40 PM
Agreed. What's your record in one build? I can't get more then 3 clubs out of 1 mix before it goes off.

I never try more than 2 or 3 at once, I am not good enough to keep track of more than that anyway. Plus it only takes a few seconds to mix another batch. I like the fact that you 1) don't have to worry too much about the club moving before it sets, and 2) you can build/rebuild a club at 8.30am, put it in the bag 15 minutes later, and be playing it at 9.30am. And I have never had a failure, touch wood!

JADO75
17th April 2016, 07:19 PM
Cheers for the info boys, appreciate it.

Benno, does your wife call you tampon? You're there for 1 week of every month

benno_r
17th April 2016, 07:37 PM
Cheers for the info boys, appreciate it.

Benno, does your wife call you tampon? You're there for 1 week of every month

Nope, she calls me sugar daddy! hahaha

TourFit
18th April 2016, 11:30 AM
Thank you in advance.
Cheers
Jado

Jado,

I have some Brampton's you can buy off me if you like? I believe it is 5/15...but I'll confirm that for you if you're interested.

The stuff I usually prefer is the GolfWorks Maximum Strength (either Quikset or Tour Set Plus, depending on the job & time), but I am running low and have been using the Brampton's for a little while. I've had no problems!!!

simmsy
18th April 2016, 12:09 PM
Must.....
Not...........
Must.....
Resist....[emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TourFit
18th April 2016, 01:10 PM
Learning restraint is a good thing...especially as you get older.

JADO75
18th April 2016, 02:39 PM
Jado,

I have some Brampton's you can buy off me if you like? I believe it is 5/15...but I'll confirm that for you if you're interested.

The stuff I usually prefer is the GolfWorks Maximum Strength (either Quikset or Tour Set Plus, depending on the job & time), but I am running low and have been using the Brampton's for a little while. I've had no problems!!!

Yep interested, pm what sort of $$ you are thinking & what size bottles please.
Thank you

TourFit
18th April 2016, 05:16 PM
I'll let you know tonight Jado...

Anfield
18th April 2016, 06:21 PM
Can i get in on this tourfit? If you've got enough left over?

TourFit
19th April 2016, 04:38 PM
So it is this version guys...the Quick Cure, which doesn't differ very much from 5/15 when you stack up the numbers. They are the small 60ml bottles.

Captain Nemo
19th April 2016, 04:59 PM
How much and how many do you have?