PDA

View Full Version : Bali golfing

Coldtopper
16th April 2016, 04:27 PM
In Bali next week playing Nirwana one day and was thinking about other tracks to have a hit. Staying in Sanur and Nusa Dua area wouldn't mind a few days hitting balls etc. Anyone got a must do or play or after hour recommendations

simmsy
16th April 2016, 05:59 PM
Heard from a guy a few weeks ago Nirwana was in horrible condition.
He also played another course that had just gone through renos and said it was great. Sorry can't Remember what the course was called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markTHEblake
18th April 2016, 08:41 PM
There is about 15 other bali threads that have useful info :)
though obviously not current.
I would be contacting Raffles Golf and asking them ( a 'social club') google it.

Coldtopper
18th April 2016, 09:46 PM
There is about 15 other bali threads that have useful info :)
though obviously not current.
I would be contacting Raffles Golf and asking them ( a 'social club') google it. cheers MTB found the raffles golf and your previous posts

TourFit
19th April 2016, 11:55 AM
Heard from a guy a few weeks ago Nirwana was in horrible condition.
He also played another course that had just gone through renos and said it was great. Sorry can't Remember what the course was called.

That would be Bali National in Nusa Dua. Fabulous course...immaculate when I played it (Karrinyup+ condition). Some really great holes, and VERY well bunkered.

The other is New Kuta down near Pecatu (and Dreamland). A beast of a course from the back tees, unlike Nirwana! Challenging if the wind gets up, and the short 15th is spectacular from the back left. Try looking over the cliff :shock:

simmsy
19th April 2016, 05:14 PM
Bali National! that was the one. Yep rave reviews about it.

Icestorm959
19th April 2016, 06:39 PM
I played both Bali National and Nirwana in January this year.

Think Nirwana is in significantly worse condition and was double the price (I played Bali National at the Sundowner rate and finished 18 with plenty more holes to spare), but the ambience and scenery makes Nirwana a more unforgettable experience.

sven365
16th May 2016, 02:59 PM
I played both Bali National and Nirwana in January this year.

Think Nirwana is in significantly worse condition and was double the price (I played Bali National at the Sundowner rate and finished 18 with plenty more holes to spare), but the ambience and scenery makes Nirwana a more unforgettable experience.

Picking this back up, is the Nirwana condition that bad you would say don't play it?

TourFit
16th May 2016, 05:04 PM
It wasn't when I was there last...but a lot could've happened since then!!!

You won't go wrong playing at Bali National (Nusa Dua) and New Kuta. Especially if you stay down that way. Otherwise, expect a 40+min taxi ride there. Oh, and New Kuta doesn't let the taxis stay, so you will have to then wait for one to come. I found that out the hard way (with a 6.5yr old in tow).

markTHEblake
19th May 2016, 09:25 PM
Oh, and New Kuta doesn't let the taxis stay, so you will have to then wait for one to come. I found that out the hard way (with a 6.5yr old in tow).
If you play golf with the Raffles group you will be able to bum a lift back no problems at all!

Icestorm959
27th May 2016, 12:21 PM
Picking this back up, is the Nirwana condition that bad you would say don't play it?

Certainly not, condition is fine to play, it just wasn't as good as Bali National (which was immaculate to be fair)