PDA

View Full Version : Wendell Sailor - Drug Cheat

Fishman Dan
13th May 2006, 05:12 PM
You heard it second..

Pulled out of tonights Tah's game and suspended indefinately. Early word is that he's tested positive for a recreational 'party' drug.

Jarro
13th May 2006, 06:24 PM
never did that s_h_i_t when he was a QLD'er :roll:

Andrew
13th May 2006, 06:33 PM
I don't know about being a 'drug' cheat, but I know he's been a 'brain' cheat for years.

Fishman Dan
13th May 2006, 06:57 PM
Jarro - it's moments like these he's still a Queenslander ;)

PRC
13th May 2006, 07:24 PM
I always got a laugh whenever I heard the "poor African uni student" story. Pity he wasn't a cricketer, imagine him and Warne in the same team.

Jarro
13th May 2006, 07:26 PM
Jarro - it's moments like these he's still a Queenslander ;)

not any more mate, we paid you guys to take him remember ;)

Grunt
13th May 2006, 07:40 PM
When I lived in Brighton-le-sands, I ran into Sailor when he was playing for the Bronco's at the bar in the Novotel one friday night, they were playing the next day. He was smashed and playing the card machines, he seemed ok but I was surprised to see him so smashed the night before a game.

gazgolf1
13th May 2006, 09:06 PM
I delivered some stuff to him when he was working at Struddy's at Sunnybank and I remember thinking jeez you are big f...ker....why are'nt you playing league....little did I know he was.
I bet he was'nt on much dough then....pity how money can make you a f...wit.

Courty
13th May 2006, 09:35 PM
pity how money can make you a f...wit.

I wouldn't mind betting he was one before the money. :roll:

Jarro
14th May 2006, 07:17 AM
Sailor sacked over drugs
By Phil Rothfield
May 14, 2006

WALLABIES superstar Wendell Sailor has been stood down from playing rugby union indefinitely after returning a positive drug test.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,5153490,00.jpg

The champion winger was sensationally sacked from the Waratahs team shortly before last night's match against the Hurricanes at Aussie Stadium.
The 31-year-old is facing a two-year ban which would virtually end his playing career and put at risk his $750,000-a-year contracts in rugby union.

In a statement released to The Sunday Telegraph, Sailor's manager, Greg Keenan, revealed the high-profile rugby league convert had learnt of the positive sample last week.

But he would give no indication whether it was a performance-enhancing or recreational drug.

"Wendell Sailor has been notified by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority that part A of a sample he provided recently has returned positive to a banned substance," Mr Keenan said.

"The ARU has also been notified by the agency and the ARU and NSWRU have consequently stood Wendell down from playing duties.
"We have approached the Rugby Union Players' Association to request legal advice. At this stage, Wendell has no comment to make."

The Waratahs issued a brief statement last night confirming Sailor had been stood down for breaching the ARU's code of conduct, but made no reference to the positive drug test.

Sailor's sacking was the talk of Aussie Stadium last night as the Waratahs entered the game looking to secure a home semi-final.

Fans were notified only one hour before the kick-off that he would not be playing.

Sailor spent most of yesterday in crisis talks with Mr Keenan and did not attend last night's game.

Coach Ewen McKenzie informed team-mates Sailor was out of the side as they arrived at the ground.

Sailor's indiscretion is the latest in a series of misdemeanours which have cast a pall over his glittering career. In February, Sailor was sent home from South Africa in shame after a drunken night out while on tour with the Waratahs.

It emerged Sailor had pushed a patron and vomited outside the bar. He was slapped with a one-match ban, fined an undisclosed amount - believed to be $5000 - and narrowly avoided having his Wallabies contract torn up.
Sailor's troubles began the previous July, when he was embroiled in a South African nightclub fiasco that saw Matt Henjak become the first Wallaby sent home in 39 years.

Fishman Dan
14th May 2006, 08:19 AM
Apparently his head was on the front cover of the program for last nights game too.

Moe Norman
14th May 2006, 05:45 PM
no refunds

terryand
14th May 2006, 06:38 PM
Oh come on guys back off.The guy is just misunderstood :roll:

Terry.

goughy
14th May 2006, 06:42 PM
Only 'cause he's a stuttering drooling fool from all the drugs he's taking!

Ducky
15th May 2006, 12:43 AM
I have a webpage that clarifies everything...

http://history.cookiethievery.com/060704/

dc68
15th May 2006, 06:56 AM
How long before we hear "My drink was spiked!"//"It's a conspiracy!" ?

Flowergirl
15th May 2006, 01:26 PM
Did his Mum give him the drugs too?:???:

connico
15th May 2006, 01:51 PM
cocaine anyone? :p

wonder why his so shocked about testing positive to it, maybe he didnt remember he took a hit the day before..

McCoy
16th May 2006, 08:58 PM
Apparently he can't return to League either due to their drug laws, might have to find a real job.

Something else I was wondering about which happens with all of the footy codes. You hear about players showing up drunk at training and getting suspended, I think there's been 2 this week, are these guys driving themselves to training? If so shouldn't they be charged by the police

PRC
9th June 2006, 01:45 PM
Sailor's B sample has tested positive for cocaine. Career over.

3oneday
9th June 2006, 01:52 PM
Bye bye Sailor

Courty
9th June 2006, 01:56 PM
Wendy is gorn!

Jarro
9th June 2006, 02:30 PM
no loss really :roll:

terryand
9th June 2006, 02:44 PM
no loss really :roll:

He'd still make the wing for Qld origin side.

Terry.

Jarro
9th June 2006, 02:51 PM
He'd still make the wing for Qld origin side.

Terry.

mate, you and i could probably make the wing spot at the moment :roll:

Courty
9th June 2006, 02:54 PM
mate, you and i could probably make the wing spot at the moment :roll:

I don't reckon your little legs could move you across the paddock fast enough. :mrgreen:

Jarro
9th June 2006, 03:01 PM
I don't reckon your little legs could move you across the paddock fast enough. :mrgreen:

you'd be surprised mate ;)

Courty
9th June 2006, 03:03 PM
you'd be surprised mate ;)

The old hare & the tortoise story doesn't apply in this case... :twisted:

PeteyD
9th June 2006, 03:08 PM
You gotta weight 100 kg to play wing these days

TS
9th June 2006, 05:19 PM
You gotta weight 100 kg to play wing these days

At least Jarro passes the weight requirement.

Jarro
9th June 2006, 06:18 PM
At least Jarro passes the weight requirement.

settle down slim :roll:

.. and for godsakes brush that hair outta your eyes :p

goughy
9th June 2006, 06:22 PM
If ya wanna get jarro to move fast, just tell him that some guy coming down the other fairway was eyeing off the ball he just shanked over there. Then you'll see how fast he moves!!!

PeteyD
9th June 2006, 08:40 PM
Or some guy at the other end of the fairway has tour gear for 1/2 price !