PDA

View Full Version : go swans!!!

connico
13th May 2006, 04:26 PM
muahahah, 118 victory..please discuss!! :p

Fishman Dan
13th May 2006, 05:13 PM
The current AFL premiers beat one of the likely spoon prospects. What else is there to discuss?

3oneday
13th May 2006, 06:38 PM
The current AFL premiers beat one of the likely spoon prospects. What else is there to discuss?umm, did they play Carlton ???

:p

Fishman Dan
13th May 2006, 06:58 PM
Pete - this time tomorrow I may have to edit my post. Until then, let's bask in the glory on Richmond being slaughtered by 100+ for the second time in 7 games.

Jarro
13th May 2006, 07:33 PM
Lions are up early on ....

terryand
13th May 2006, 07:56 PM
Lions are up early on ....

AP will be down there in the crowd crying into his beer.

Terry.

Jarro
13th May 2006, 08:07 PM
AP will be down there in the crowd crying into his beer.

Terry.

he'd be crying if he's sitting anywhere near where Jonathan Brown is ;)

Fishman Dan
13th May 2006, 09:58 PM
Amazing how good a team performs when Aker is taken out of the equation. Did it in a canter today too apparently.

AndyP
13th May 2006, 11:44 PM
It's amazing who comes out of the woodwork when the Lions or Swans are winning........

Jonathon Brown was unstoppable, but that's the way they make us boys from Warrnambool.

BTW Aka kicked 5 goals and had 27 possessions in the ressies.

goughy
14th May 2006, 05:37 AM
Jonathon Brown was unstoppable, but that's the way they make us boys from Warrnambool.

Amazing! He could still find find something to gloat about!

3oneday
14th May 2006, 05:57 AM
who's jonathan brown ????

connico
14th May 2006, 02:06 PM
hahaah, swans played a good game, cant figure out wtf tigers where doing...watched the bulldogs this afternoon, havnt finished the match yet, as iv delaying my own telecast lol :P

Moe Norman
14th May 2006, 05:39 PM
Aker may have just removed any chance of a recall with his comments.

PRC
14th May 2006, 08:02 PM
Either Akermanis wants out of Brisbane now or he's just really stupid.
Voss is probably one of the most respected players and captains of the last 20 years, Matthews is widely regarded as the greatest player the game has seen and a 4 time premiership coach.

Aker's going to lose out anytime he criticises either, ruin his trade value and get chased out of town by Lion's fans. He must want to go to Sydney, he'd be an absolute nobody in Melbourne.

Moe Norman
14th May 2006, 08:43 PM
Aker is right though - they let him speak to the media when they were winning now they are being just being paranoid because they are losing.

if he was dropped on from, they are blind to the form of half the side.

terryand
14th May 2006, 08:54 PM
What's he said this time.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
14th May 2006, 09:53 PM
It's not that he is saying, it's what he is saying. From what i gather he has a regular column to talk - but he chooses to talk about problems at the Brisbane Lions footy club.

From all reports he's played great in the 2's, but slagged off again in the paper. For that reason i can't see him getting a start in the senior team this weekend either.

Moe - the form of half the side? An Aker-less Lions flogged the form side of the comp! But what he did last weekend wasn't just give away some namby-pamby frees (see that b!tch-slap he gave Crouch?!), but took the momentum from them, the Swans kicked 2 or 3 goals on the back of Aker indiscretions, and it was all over.

AndyP
15th May 2006, 08:23 AM
An Aker-less Lions flogged the form side of the comp!
That's an overstatement.
The Lions were bound to hit back soon and were hungrier against a team that was not in terribly good form (last two weeks, big loss to the team that was 2nd last and a 1pt win over the team currently last) and had key injuries.
There's nothing to say that they wouldn't have won just as well with Aka.