PDA

View Full Version : SA: Holden Scrambles 2016

Hatchman
12th April 2016, 09:48 PM
Some dates to consider for this years S.A Holden Cheat Ball

http://www.holdenscramble.com.au/event#/customer/997/schedule/2016/3931

Not sure how we go handicap wise atm as you can only have 2x single figure GA Hcps in a team.
I'm trying my hardest by playing crap to get above 9.9 but it's not working so I'm stuck as one of the singles.

(http://www.holdenscramble.com.au/event#/customer/997/schedule/2016/3931)Here's a few that I could be interested in (Preference in green):

Aug Sun 28th - Clare
Start time 10am
Cost per person $39.50

1. Hatch - GA 7.3 (locked in)
2. Chilled - GA 6.3 (locked in)
3. Cooper Country - 11.1 (locked in)
4. Hard_Pan - GA 10.0 (locked in)

Sep Sun 18th - Ardrossan

Sep Sun 25th - McDuckcrappin

wazamac
12th April 2016, 11:14 PM
Be interested in some but probably not The Dunes as too soon after getting back from QLD.
Might be out to double figures soon if don't pick my game up

Chilled
13th April 2016, 08:33 AM
May Sun 8th - Copper Club The Dunes

June Sat 11th - North Haven (Hard Pans Home Course)

July Sun 31st - Balaklava (ex home club of mine)

Aug Fri 19th - Links Lady Boy (would need a day off for this one)
Aug Sun 28th - ClareI'd be interested in the above. Possibly not all of them but most, in particular The Dunes (haven't played yet), Balaklava (haven't played yet), Links Lady Bay, and Clare (haven't played yet).

I think we would be ok for H/C's, depending on who wants to play of course. We could push for two groups if there was enough interest.

Hatchman
13th April 2016, 10:28 AM
We'll see if we can get the ball rolling for the 1st one.
I'm very keen for the first one in that list being The Dunes as I've never played it before either.

The Dunes Sun May 8th
Start time 9:30am
Cost per player $45

1. Hatch - GA 6.?
2. Chilled - GA 7.?

Have added the names of those intereseted in the OP and will keep updating under each game.

Chilled
13th April 2016, 10:33 AM
H/C: 7 something for me.

2 hour drive to The Dunes right?

Hatchman
13th April 2016, 11:03 AM
H/C: 7 something for me.

2 hour drive to The Dunes right?

Yeh, somewhere between 2-2 1/2 hrs.

That's 2 of us on single GA's so need double digit players now.
I might be able to get my dad if we get stuck.

coalesce
13th April 2016, 12:46 PM
I still hate cheatballs so I'm out. Even more so when you've got to travel long distances for them!

If nearer the time you need players for the NH one, then you might be able to twist my arm - purely to support HP and the club's new owners

Chilled
13th April 2016, 02:06 PM
There's a competition to be won? I just go for a good day out, a laugh here or there and experience a new track if possible. I certainly don't go for the prizes :D

Coopers Country
13th April 2016, 02:24 PM
Definitely interested in the Clare one fellas , be great to catch up with you guys for a hit , and double digits here cant see myself being in singles by August :)

Hard_Pan
13th April 2016, 02:53 PM
I have a love hate relationship with these things but any excuse to have a hit with you guys is enough for me. :)

I too haven't played the Dunes. My H/C is currently 9.2 which for the dunes could either be 9 (silver tees), or 10 (gold tees). Adding to the mix, we've got two weeks of par comps coming up and my next flag (a 9.0), comes up in a fortnight. So odds are I will be in double figures come May. ;)

Hatchman
13th April 2016, 06:25 PM
I still hate cheatballs so I'm out. Even more so when you've got to travel long distances for them!

If nearer the time you need players for the NH one, then you might be able to twist my arm - purely to support HP and the club's new owners

I know what your saying. I'm not a real fan of the format either but happy to use it as way to play other courses and with forum members.

There's a competition to be won? I just go for a good day out, a laugh here or there and experience a new track if possible. I certainly don't go for the prizes :D

Agreed.

Definitely interested in the Clare one fellas , be great to catch up with you guys for a hit , and double digits here cant see myself being in singles by August :)

Excellent, looking forward to catching up. I've got you listed in the OP for the Clare game.

I have a love hate relationship with these things but any excuse to have a hit with you guys is enough for me. :)

I too haven't played the Dunes. My H/C is currently 9.2 which for the dunes could either be 9 (silver tees), or 10 (gold tees). Adding to the mix, we've got two weeks of par comps coming up and my next flag (a 9.0), comes up in a fortnight. So odds are I will be in double figures come May. ;)

Cheers, mate. We should be able to get 2 groups for your Home track one but might need a couple of ring ins.
I've put you in the OP for the Dunes and Home track. Let me know if I should add you to any of the others that have names in them?

thecollective
13th April 2016, 09:18 PM
I would be up for the Dunes + my apparent sandbagged hcp should be enough to balance the ledger.

If we need numbers I could also probably get my brother who also has a double digit sandbag of a hcp

Hatchman
13th April 2016, 11:29 PM
Cheers TC.
OP updated for The Dunes. Got your Bro listed as on the bench.

wazamac
14th April 2016, 08:58 AM
I would be up for: North Haven
Mosquito Lakes ( 15+ years since I've been there)
Tanunda (Need all the help I can get to putt the 10th)
Clare.

Current GA HCP is 9.1 and going out quick and with all of that water I'll be playing around in a couple of weeks, I cant see it coming down.

Hatchman
14th April 2016, 01:02 PM
I would be up for: North Haven
Mosquito Lakes ( 15+ years since I've been there)

Tanunda (Need all the help I can get to putt the 10th)
Clare.

Current GA HCP is 9.1 and going out quick and with all of that water I'll be playing around in a couple of weeks, I cant see it coming down.

I've put you in games in the OP.

You thinking of "The Levels", "The Palms", "Mawson Lakes" or whatever they call them selves this year.
North Haven is Outer Habour

wazamac
14th April 2016, 01:08 PM
South Lakes!

Really doesn't bother me either way. If you need me, I will play, If my HCP doesn't suit and you have someone else, then will step aside.

Happy either way.

Hatchman
14th April 2016, 01:51 PM
Ha ha ha. I forgot the boys got eaten alive by king mozzies down there and mistook the mozzie reference for Mawson.

I'm sure we'll get teams sorted and can recruit others with some hcp to help the balance if needed.

Hard_Pan
14th April 2016, 02:16 PM
I always refer to Mawson Lakes as Mosquito Lakes on account of the great clouds of mozzies that hover around the creek that runs the length of the 5th and 6th holes. Never played South Lakes so can't comment but yep, probably get a few there too. :)

nadg63
14th April 2016, 02:36 PM
Ha ha ha. I forgot the boys got eaten alive by king mozzies down there and mistook the mozzie reference for Mawson.

I'm sure we'll get teams sorted and can recruit others with some hcp to help the balance if needed.

I always refer to Mawson Lakes as Mosquito Lakes on account of the great clouds of mozzies that hover around the creek that runs the length of the 5th and 6th holes. Never played South Lakes so can't comment but yep, probably get a few there too. :)

Definitely South Lakes! It was diabolical when we were down there - a few of us vowed to never go back! Seriously, I have house-boated, camped etc and NEVER seen as many Mozzies as on that day.

Hatchman
27th April 2016, 01:01 PM
First one at the Dunes is only 2 Sudays away now. Looking to finalise the group over the next week.

Just a reminder there can only be 2 players per group with a G.A hcp less than 10.0
We have problem with 3 of us in the singles atm.

So far we have:
Group 1.
1. Hatch 6.0
2. Chilled 7.2 or Hardpan 9.3

Group 2.
1. Hardpan 9.3
Hardpan checking for North Haven brothers to make second group.

late scratchings:
The collective

Chilled
27th April 2016, 01:05 PM
If hard pan really wants to play then I'm happy to duck out. Leave it up to you guys. Either way I'm easy.

7.2 H/C for me.

Hard_Pan
27th April 2016, 02:56 PM
Err.. played today and.. it didn't help. With the amount of time remaining (and the max amount I can play in that time), my H/C cannot rise above 9.3.

Might put feelers out and see if I can get any interest from double digit H/C NH members.

Hatchman
27th April 2016, 05:34 PM
Err.. played today and.. it didn't help. With the amount of time remaining (and the max amount I can play in that time), my H/C cannot rise above 9.3.

Might put feelers out and see if I can get any interest from double digit H/C NH members.

I've started a listing for a second group in case you can get some North haven brothers to join in.

Hard_Pan
27th April 2016, 06:26 PM
I have one already. H/C around 20.

Hatchman
27th April 2016, 07:10 PM
Ok. It looks like this has just got a bit more challenging.

Sunday the 8th is Mums day :roll:

The collective is out now.

Does anyone have a leave pass for this day or do we just put a line through the whole thing and move onto the next one?
I have a pass as the Hatchery be doing Mum's days on the Saturday instead.

Chilled
27th April 2016, 07:46 PM
Problematic with too many singles + mothers day. Just cancel and move to the next.

Hard_Pan
28th April 2016, 11:16 AM
Oh dear! May 8th IS Mother's Day. Sorry Hatch, but I'm going to have to bow out too! :(

That said, my H/C usually rises over winter so I'll try to make at least two or three of the others as they come up.

Hatchman
28th April 2016, 11:30 AM
Ok, The Dunes is toast now.
I'll edit the OP so it's less cluttered and were only looking at the ones coming up.

We move on to the next one which is Harpan's home course in June.

wazamac
28th April 2016, 10:54 PM
Blown out to 9.6. Getting closer to double figures👍🏻

Hatchman
29th April 2016, 08:29 PM
Blown out to 9.6. Getting closer to double figures[emoji1303]

That's the team spirit [emoji317]

wazamac
29th April 2016, 11:33 PM
And the way I hacked around today, it's only going one way😩

Hard_Pan
2nd May 2016, 02:58 PM
The guff for the NH Scramble got emailed to the members over the weekend.

For anyone interested:

The Holden Scramble is coming to North Haven GC.
Be part of history and enter your team into the 25th year of the Holden Scramble for your chance to win some great prizes and qualification through to the Regional Finals!
Just for entering, every player receives a Callaway Cap valued at $35.00 along with a range of fantastic sponsor offers including the $550 Holden Cashback offer only available to Holden Scramble participants.
Winners of the Regional Finals will qualify through to the Championship Final on the Sunshine Coast for a trip that will be remembered for a lifetime!
Get your team together and enter today!
http://members.pga.org.au/hsemailtemplate/images/1-mil-will-it-be-you.gifEvent Date:
Saturday June 11, 2016
Time:
8.00am Shotgun Start
Christine Burton 8248 3832
Other Important Information about the day:
Breakfast served from 7.00am & BBQ lunch after golf with loads of prizes.

Hard_Pan
21st May 2016, 01:43 PM
Forms filled out for the NH HS and I'm locked in with local group.Hatch and Waza, let me know if you need a couple of double digit handicappers and I'll canvas some likely local lads next Saturday.

Hatchman
21st May 2016, 08:17 PM
We can have chat about this tomorrow.

wazamac
23rd May 2016, 09:58 AM
Out to 9.8, woo ho. Another two flags off next weekend.

Hard_Pan
23rd May 2016, 10:03 AM
Well done waza..;) hope to do same by July so I can team up for Balaklava, Tanunda and the rest.

thecollective
23rd May 2016, 10:17 AM
Out to 9.8, woo ho. Another two flags off next weekend.

almost there waza; then welcome to the club

#hit&giggle #doubledigits

Hatchman
23rd May 2016, 12:37 PM
Forms filled out for the NH HS and I'm locked in with local group.Hatch and Waza, let me know if you need a couple of double digit handicappers and I'll canvas some likely local lads next Saturday.

We can have chat about this tomorrow.

As discussed we need Hard_Pan to recruit x2 North Haven members to join myself and Waz.
Let me know if you need our G.A numbers to get any forms filled out next weekend to lock it in?

Group 1.
1. Hatch - GA 6.2
2. Wazamac - GA 9.8
3. HP to find North Haven Member
4. HP to find North Haven Member

Group 2.
1. Hardpan - G.A 9.3
2. HP North Haven Members
3. HP North Haven Members
4. HP North Haven Members

Hard_Pan
23rd May 2016, 01:23 PM
Yeah, no probs Hatch. I'll see what I can do next Saturday and we'll go from there.

Hard_Pan
28th May 2016, 02:14 PM
Ok, I've got two locals for Hatch and waza. It was all last gasp (two fellas I had lined up were snapped up by another group), so I will get the fellas details sorted by next w/end. I'll also find out if completing the form can be done on the day. Else, I'll get you to pm me all the relevant details and fix it up that way.

nadg63
28th May 2016, 02:30 PM
Ok, I've got two locals for Hatch and waza. It was all last gasp (two fellas I had lined up were snapped up by another group), so I will get the fellas details sorted by next w/end. I'll also find out if completing the form can be done on the day. Else, I'll get you to pm me all the relevant details and fix it up that way.

Maybe they got wind of who you were putting them with ......... !? :)

Hatchman
28th May 2016, 03:38 PM

Cheers HP

Maybe they got wind of who you were putting them with ......... !? :)

That's harsh �� , but can understand if our form is anything to go by ��

wazamac
29th May 2016, 04:56 PM
Stuffed up yesterday by shooting a reasonable score and going down 0.2. Will see after today's pathetic performance.
Won't drop another flag for about 4 rounds.

Hard_Pan
29th May 2016, 07:09 PM
Same boat waza but with the big exception that whilst you've found yourself with an unusually high handicap, I've landed an unusually low one for the next four or so weeks. :?

billp
30th May 2016, 07:14 AM
It's a tough comp to do any good in.

I just played the Carbrook one on Friday, we all had from 16 - 18 caps, and ended up with I think a daily of 9.63 or something silly like that. We shot 4 under for the round with no bogies (pretty damm good for a group with no single figure guy in it), so ended up with 57.4 nett, and still lost by 6 strokes.

It's just so hard to know if everyone else is playing honestly or not.

Hatchman
30th May 2016, 08:07 AM
It's a tough comp to do any good in.

I just played the Carbrook one on Friday, we all had from 16 - 18 caps, and ended up with I think a daily of 9.63 or something silly like that. We shot 4 under for the round with no bogies (pretty damm good for a group with no single figure guy in it), so ended up with 57.4 nett, and still lost by 6 strokes.

It's just so hard to know if everyone else is playing honestly or not.

Yeh, the comp does have a bit of a stigma attached to it. Often referred to as Holden cheat ball.
Personally and I'm sure I speak for the other SA OzGolfers, we just use the games to get together for a game away from our home tracks. It's not to chase winning a trip away for the finals.
Yes we try to play the best we can on the day strictly by the rules and if the score happens to be good enough so be it.

wazamac
30th May 2016, 09:41 AM
10.1, Woo Hoo.

Hatchman
31st May 2016, 10:00 AM
10.1, Woo Hoo.

Well done team mate. [emoji106]
I'll try and do my bit this weekend with a flag of 6.1 dropping off to be replaced by a 9.5 when I chop it again.
5 flags in the next 6 too [emoji3]

Hard_Pan
1st June 2016, 12:49 PM
Hatch, waza, can you pm me your golflink numbers please. Needed by Saturday. Cheers,

Hard_Pan
4th June 2016, 02:16 PM
Hatch, waza are locked in. 8am shot gun start. 7am for breakfast. You guys are playing with Dave and Danny. Dave's OK. I played a grades final against him (but I wouldn't remind him!). ;)

Hatchman
4th June 2016, 07:39 PM
Thanks HP.
I did the wrong thing by the team today and lost 0.5 ☹️

Hard_Pan
4th June 2016, 09:13 PM
Same here.. lost .02. I'll be playing of 8 within the next two comps if this keeps up.

Chilled
4th June 2016, 09:23 PM
Geebus you guys are obsessed with your H/C's.

Lagerlover
4th June 2016, 09:35 PM
Geebus you guys are obsessed with your H/C's.

Mostly Hatchy Chilled.

He's into all sorts of weird stuff.. His Euro amputee stuff is amazing.

Hatchman
4th June 2016, 09:40 PM
Mostly Hatchy Chilled.

He's into all sorts of weird stuff.. His Euro amputee stuff is amazing.

Shhhhhh. Don't tell or I may start getting knock backs due to more competition.

Hard_Pan
4th June 2016, 09:49 PM
Geebus you guys are obsessed with your H/C's. If I could 3D print my H/C, I would..

wazamac
4th June 2016, 11:00 PM
Lost 0.2 today as well. Back to singles for me.

Hatchman
10th June 2016, 06:03 PM
Could get moist tomorrow morning.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160610/ac54f4a4bbf00c99faafa796df46834b.jpg

Moist or dry I'll still enjoy it [emoji3]

wazamac
10th June 2016, 06:37 PM
MMMMMMM Moist!

Steve57
10th June 2016, 07:39 PM
Lost 0.2 today as well. Back to singles for me.
You can only have two singles per team guys!

wazamac
10th June 2016, 07:51 PM
We are covered for tomorrow as the other two in our team have double figures.
Were just counting on us blowing out for the next lot.

backintheswing
10th June 2016, 07:53 PM
We have a couple of qualifiers coming up. I haven't played a scramble for 15 years, but just reading the rules and the drive you pick, that player is eliminated for the next shot. That's obviously something newish.

Steve57
10th June 2016, 08:32 PM
We have a couple of qualifiers coming up. I haven't played a scramble for 15 years, but just reading the rules and the drive you pick, that player is eliminated for the next shot. That's obviously something newish.The last 4 years that I can remember Ash. Makes the choice of the next shot much more important. The low markers have to hit greens from some funny positions if you are to score well, as well as putt the dots off it!

Hard_Pan
10th June 2016, 10:42 PM
Gonna a be a bit chilly and maybe a touch of fog going by what Wednesday was like. It will be very amusing if it is foggy and decides to hand around with a shotgun start and all bases loaded. Hatch and waza, be prepared to duck and cover even if you think you heard a 'fore!'

I also look forward to Hatch's appraisal of the course as this will be his first hit since the new management's 'upgrade' of the course. The greens now are quite a bit faster for one, quite a few trees have been pruned and/or removed, fairways are a bit better, bunkers have sand in them now (mostly), and the tee boxes are getting reno'ed.

See you fellas there! :)

Hatchman
11th June 2016, 08:33 PM
Gonna a be a bit chilly and maybe a touch of fog going by what Wednesday was like. It will be very amusing if it is foggy and decides to hand around with a shotgun start and all bases loaded. Hatch and waza, be prepared to duck and cover even if you think you heard a 'fore!'

I also look forward to Hatch's appraisal of the course as this will be his first hit since the new management's 'upgrade' of the course. The greens now are quite a bit faster for one, quite a few trees have been pruned and/or removed, fairways are a bit better, bunkers have sand in them now (mostly), and the tee boxes are getting reno'ed.

See you fellas there! :)

Sun was out early, no fog, cool not cold and a bit of breeze made for good conditions for golf.
Course condition was much different to the last time visited. The rains have helped immensely but there is plenty of evidence the new caretakers have put in a bucket load of work in a short space of time. Greens are quicker and not bumpy. A lot of trees have been trimmed up around the place so it no longer looks scruffy. Grass coverage is returning on the fairways. Things are certainly on the up after BTM wrecked the course. The future looks good .

Now on to today's round. Getting off the tee and having the option to choose didn't happen too often and it was take who ever had one in play. With all that some good saves for par were made on the long par 4's early to hold it all together before making birdies on the par 5 from 2 foot (nice pitch Waz) and the long par 3 from 8 foot.
Held it there for a few more holes before making 3 bogeys in the last 6 holes to finish 1 over ending up in participation certificate territory. Still an enjoyable day with good company and thanks to HP for teeing up some locals to join us.
Danny did well to grind it out with his first game back from a long absence after the horrific elbow & wrist injury (push bike crash for those at home). Poor guy was topping everything until the last few holes towards the end.

wazamac
11th June 2016, 09:11 PM
And thanks to Danny who hadn't hit a ball in a year.
Great day out. Thanks HP for the intro, nice little course and you can tell that there has been a lot of work done and how passionate the new owners are.

Hard_Pan
11th June 2016, 09:37 PM
Very much a pleasure to have Hatch and waza at the home track today and proud of the new management putting in quite an effort to have it as presentable as it was today.

Typically, winning was never a consideration but as far as yours truly was concerned, there was a lot of fun to be had. I thought my team did quite reasonably and we were two under the card for most of the day, until the last two holes where we suffered some blips on some crucial shots to finish even par off the stick.

Chilled
14th June 2016, 08:02 AM
Speaking of golflink obsessions, how on earth do you drop 0.1 when you didn't even have a flag come off?...:confused: wtf??

GL really befuzzles me sometimes.

marcel
14th June 2016, 06:45 PM
When the round just submitted becomes one of your flagged rounds.

If that's not the case........I have no idea

wazamac
14th June 2016, 07:17 PM
What really gets me is I have my 8 flagged rounds, with my lowest being 10.8 ranging to the highest of 12.7. My GA is 10.4. WTF.
I still have 1.4 till anchor so that isn't it.

Chilled
14th June 2016, 07:42 PM
When the round just submitted becomes one of your flagged rounds.

If that's not the case........I have no ideaNope, the new game and the game leaving the 20 weren't flags. No flag changed at all. Not possible for it to change yet it has.

What really gets me is I have my 8 flagged rounds, with my lowest being 10.8 ranging to the highest of 12.7. My GA is 10.4. WTF.
I still have 1.4 till anchor so that isn't it.Excellence multiplier. Multiply your best eight scores by 0.93.

http://www.golf.org.au/newsdisplay/76983

wazamac
20th June 2016, 11:15 AM
Back to 9.9 after fairly reasonable scores on the weekend.
Drop another flag this Sunday, so there is still hope.

Hard_Pan
20th June 2016, 03:52 PM
I'm up to 9.6. But, now that the pressure is off trying to get a low cap I might end up playing better!?!

Hatchman
20th June 2016, 08:11 PM
Back to 9.9 after fairly reasonable scores on the weekend.
Drop another flag this Sunday, so there is still hope.

I'm up to 9.6. But, now that the pressure is off trying to get a low cap I might end up playing better!?!

Waikerie is only 2 weekends away. At least 1 of you need to get to double >=10.0 :D

Hard_Pan
20th June 2016, 08:44 PM
Waikerie is only 2 weekends away. At least 1 of you need to get to double >=10.0 :D I suck at trying to 'play to' anything so this should prove interesting...

wazamac
20th June 2016, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately it is Presidents Trophy Qualifying this weekend. I will try and play good, so therefore I will totally stuff up if that makes sense.:roll:

Hatchman
21st June 2016, 12:29 AM
Unfortunately it is Presidents Trophy Qualifying this weekend. I will try and play good, so therefore I will totally stuff up if that makes sense.:roll:

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I fully understand the above :(.

Chilled
21st June 2016, 08:07 AM
I'll play Tanunda if there is a spot for a single figure.

Coopers Country
21st June 2016, 10:11 AM
I think its teams of four :lol:

Chilled
21st June 2016, 11:30 AM
I think its teams of four :lol:Yes, it's usually played in groups of four : )

Hatchman
21st June 2016, 11:49 AM
I'll play Tanunda if there is a spot for a single figure.

Ok, I've put you in my spot as I was only pencil.
I'll be occupied organising to head off on a Griswolds Hatchery road trip for NSW champs.

Hard_Pan
26th June 2016, 12:58 PM
Can't get any higher than 9.6 by Sunday (Waikerie HS). Thought I'd report in case this in case waza's in the same boat. If so, I'm happy to step aside for this one and work towards the next one.

wazamac
26th June 2016, 03:22 PM
Should be back to double after today. Will not officially know until tomorrow after the cards are processed. Obviously I don't want to have a good score Saturday.

Hard_Pan
26th June 2016, 08:36 PM
Fingers crossed! :)

wazamac
27th June 2016, 10:24 AM
Exactly 10.0! Woo Hoo:D

Hard_Pan
27th June 2016, 10:58 AM
Good work waza! ;)

Hatchman
27th June 2016, 11:38 AM
Nice work team mate [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecollective
27th June 2016, 12:02 PM
Fine form Waz,

See you Sunday, my inflated hcp will help us balance the ledger

wazamac
27th June 2016, 01:55 PM
I noticed that the Wakerie website says start time of 11:00. Not that it bothers me cause I was thinking of heading up the night before.

wazamac
28th June 2016, 05:25 PM
Filling in the forms up there I suppose?

Hatchman
28th June 2016, 06:55 PM
I was going to enter on line to make sure we're in. Will check form on line when I get home and send out PM for the details required a bit later.

Hatchman
28th June 2016, 09:20 PM
I noticed that the Wakerie website says start time of 11:00. Not that it bothers me cause I was thinking of heading up the night before.

Scramble site has 10am Shotgun start listed Waz

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160628/a741ebbdef93c8a79a71120e0e506a57.jpg

Hatchman
28th June 2016, 11:52 PM
We're booked in ⛳️
Bring on Sunday, weekend can't get here quick enough [emoji3]

wazamac
2nd July 2016, 12:14 PM
Good round today but won't put my card in.😁

Hard_Pan
2nd July 2016, 02:00 PM
Good round today but won't put my card in.That's really taking it for the team waza.. Good on ya mate! :) I had a net 69 today but I was never going to be double digits under any circumstances for tomorrow.

Hatchman
2nd July 2016, 09:34 PM
Good round today but won't put my card in.

Well done on the good round but commiserations for taking one for the team.
I gained 0.4 today but it wont be enough to give me another shot thou ☹️

3Puttpete
2nd July 2016, 10:05 PM
Good round today but won't put my card in.[emoji16]

Serious or messing around?

wazamac
3rd July 2016, 08:12 AM
Serious

wazamac
3rd July 2016, 08:15 AM
Not a cloud to be seen and the sun is shining. Beautiful day.👍

Coopers Country
3rd July 2016, 08:25 AM
Have a great day guys , I'm sure you will , as Wazza said its a perfect day for it

3Puttpete
3rd July 2016, 09:43 AM
Serious

And they say ambrose is for cheats

nadg63
3rd July 2016, 10:10 AM
And they say ambrose is for cheats

If it's the normal contingent taking part in an SA based Scramble event this won't even register on the 'dodgy' scale!

Hatchman
3rd July 2016, 08:20 PM
If it's the normal contingent taking part in an SA based Scramble event this won't even register on the 'dodgy' scale!

Today's winning score fits ^.

Organisation was shambles. Scramble site listed 10 o'clock start, club site had 11 o'clock listed. By the time that got organised it was more like 11:30-45 hit off. They didn't have enough give away caps so had the gift bags organised for the locals to collect theirs later but gave them out add hoc so we have to collect ours from a drop off point back in Rad if and when they arrive at Waikerie.

We were reasonably happy with our score of 5 under for nett 62 and weren't even close to placing in 6th spot in the run down.
With the chances we missed from 8-12 foot, 8 under would have been as about as good as it could have got and that would still be a long way off.
Three out of four played a large number of good shots. Hard_Pans drives and long seconds, Waza's pitching and seconds and Thecollective's seconds and a couple of awesome chips knocked dead from very average positions to save pars. As for the other team member? The only thing he did well was put the entry in. A fairly ordinary day for the boat anchor Hatch ☹️.

Had a great day with great company on a very good golf course, thanks guys [emoji106]

thecollective
3rd July 2016, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the hit guys course was in good condition. I am truly astounded at the posted scores

Hard_Pan
3rd July 2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks for a great day's golf guys. Weather was pretty perfect and the course was as TC says in good condition. But don't believe Hatch; he did put in, as did all of us. Such a shame the dubiousness of this event was so evident today..

3Puttpete
3rd July 2016, 11:23 PM

wazamac
4th July 2016, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the hit guys. Very enjoyable course and company. Very dubious winning score of 59 off the stick from a bunch of drunkards.
It only makes me think what the regional final would be like with 18 groups all trying to outdo each other.

Hatchman
4th July 2016, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the hit guys. Very enjoyable course and company. Very dubious winning score of 59 off the stick from a bunch of drunkards.
It only makes me think what the regional final would be like with 18 groups all trying to outdo each other.

You get allocated a Pro for finals making it a bit harder to be dodgy.

Hatchman
5th July 2016, 12:19 AM
Next one on the list is Balaklava at the end of this month 4 weekends away.

We have the challenge of finding 2 double digit hcp players to join Chilled and myself?
Waz is on cusp of being under or over the mark.

wazamac
5th July 2016, 11:47 AM
Will see how I go. 5 rounds until I drop a flag so the likely hood of me going further out at this stage isn't great.

Hard_Pan
5th July 2016, 11:48 AM
We need to get on a recruitment drive! ;)

wazamac
5th July 2016, 11:49 AM
We need your mates from the Haven!

Hard_Pan
5th July 2016, 11:54 AM
I've spoken to HP2, he's keen but says he has to work out his 'schedule'. Playing off 16 with a dependable drive and a decent putt, he's a man in demand. Ha ha!

thecollective
5th July 2016, 11:57 AM
sorry guys I am busy with expos now until mid August

Hatchman
7th July 2016, 05:40 PM
With NSW champs not all that far away for me and a few things to sort out before we go I've decided to give the Balaklava Scramble a miss now.

Chilled
9th July 2016, 07:52 AM
Will call it quits for Balaklava.

NB: I'm only pencil for Tanunda.

Hard_Pan
10th July 2016, 12:14 PM
Yeah, Balaklava HS is toast but I think we should think about an Ozgolf hit there one day..

BTW. I've picked up the caps from the Waikerie scramble. Two whites with black logo and one blue with red logo left after I nabbed the black one. 😉 That said if anyone must have the black one... Let me know. Ha!

I'll bring all to next gettogether.

Hatchman
10th July 2016, 12:19 PM
I'll grab a white as I already have a Blue one.

We could have an OzGolf day at Balaklava on any Saturday and join in the comp.

Hard_Pan
10th July 2016, 12:33 PM
Done! On both counts Hatch. 😀

wazamac
11th July 2016, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a plan, and I will have the blue cause I already have a white one please.

Hard_Pan
11th July 2016, 02:14 PM
Cheers, waz. (Guess it's white for TC. :razz: ) Never played Balaklava so am keen. Just a matter of synchronizing dates I guess.

There's a 4BBB coming up Sat week at NH that is a bunch of meh for me - if that's not too early. After that, I've got two weeks' quals for the Prez Cup then matchplay - if I qualify.

wazamac
11th July 2016, 02:27 PM
Anytime is fine for me. Good luck with the Prez Cup. I missed out on ours through countback. I had a 14/20 but because I started on the back 9 it looks like I had a 20/14.
Pisses me off a little.

Hatchman
11th July 2016, 05:59 PM
Cheers, waz. (Guess it's white for TC. :razz: ) Never played Balaklava so am keen. Just a matter of synchronizing dates I guess.

There's a 4BBB coming up Sat week at NH that is a bunch of meh for me - if that's not too early. After that, I've got two weeks' quals for the Prez Cup then matchplay - if I qualify.

Is that Sat 23rd?

thecollective
11th July 2016, 07:04 PM
Looks like I'm going Pauline Hanson then!

Hard_Pan
11th July 2016, 08:38 PM
Is that Sat 23rd?Just had a look and it's been moved to this Saturday but Sat 23 is still clear.

Hatchman
11th July 2016, 09:02 PM
Looks like I'm going Pauline Hanson then!

I didn't see [emoji848] ginger as an option [emoji12]

Chilled
25th July 2016, 08:47 PM
Out for Tanunda, sorry.

Hatchman
1st August 2016, 09:24 PM
Ok looks like Tanunda on Aug 14 is out now.

We shall turn our attention to the Clare round on the Aug Sun 28th.
Can all those currently listed confirm they are still in for this and current exact G.A handicap.

Remember we can only have 2 single G.A's before slope adjustment in a team.
I'll be looking to enter team online as soon as I'm back from NSW champs Wed 24th.

Coopers Country
1st August 2016, 10:14 PM
Still be keen Hatch , no way I will be under 10 by then currently 11.2 and drop a flag next week , if we need another double figure HC let me know Hatch . I gotta get out for a hit with you guys somewhere
So looking forward to it

Hatchman
1st August 2016, 11:55 PM
Still be keen Hatch , no way I will be under 10 by then currently 11.2 and drop a flag next week , if we need another double figure HC let me know Hatch . I gotta get out for a hit with you guys somewhere
So looking forward to it

Excellent CC. That 2 of us locked in.
We may need that other double digit if waz starts playing better.

Hard_Pan
2nd August 2016, 12:00 AM
I'm currently on 9.5 and if I don't qualify for the President's Cup matchplay this Saturday, I could be as high as a 10.0 as my next couple of flags are well into the double digits. If waza is too low, I may be able to replace him but will confirm after this weekend.

Hatchman
2nd August 2016, 12:05 AM
Cheers HP.
I'll be a pest :mrgreen: and keep bugging you and Waz when it gets close :D

Chilled
2nd August 2016, 05:03 AM
Confirm.

In the 7's here.

wazamac
2nd August 2016, 08:25 AM
9.7 and only going in one direction. Driving shit, irons shit, chipping shit, putting shit.

Chilled
2nd August 2016, 10:59 AM
Driving shit, irons shit, chipping shit, putting shit.At least it's all consistent :D

Hard_Pan
3rd August 2016, 10:21 PM
After today's hook-fest..

Yeah baby!

That said, waza has dibs on Clare as he was first in.

wazamac
4th August 2016, 11:59 AM
Your quite welcome to have my spot HP.

Hard_Pan
4th August 2016, 12:11 PM
Thanks waz. Long way to go yet and I may bobble down again before the 28th (I guess either of us may). Let's say we keep the conversation going as the date approaches. ;)

wazamac
13th August 2016, 08:41 PM
Sad News. I'm out. Won't get to doubles in time.

Hard_Pan
13th August 2016, 09:49 PM
New clubs and all waz.. Well my handicap is still 10.0 and is in no danger of changing until I bomb out of the matchplay. Safe for another week at least.

Chilled
15th August 2016, 07:17 AM
Hatch, sorry haven't given you a final GA, it's 6.8 currently, and will be that for a while now.

Hatchman
15th August 2016, 10:58 AM
After NSW champs you'll be the low marker in the group [emoji3]
Next 2 are flags and one a good one.

Chilled
18th August 2016, 07:41 AM
After NSW champs you'll be the low marker in the group [emoji3]
Next 2 are flags and one a good one.Got a practice round in yesterday before NSW champs? :D

Hatchman
18th August 2016, 09:07 AM
Yep and you are easily the low marker of the group now [emoji3]

Hard_Pan
20th August 2016, 08:59 PM
Well, I'm into the matchplay semis next week which means my handicap won't change and I'm going to take care of my shoulder in between so I should be right for next Sunday. I'll give an update during the week to lock it in.

Hatchman
20th August 2016, 09:20 PM
Cheers all.
I'll PM everyone when I'm back on Wednesday for details to enter us online.

Look after your shoulders everyone because I'm a dead weight with my game ATM [emoji12].

Chilled
21st August 2016, 10:02 PM
If you need a final h/c for the form: 6.3 for me. Also more than happy to drop money in your a/c this week if you want (?), otherwise on the day.

Hatchman
24th August 2016, 11:33 AM
Chilled and CC I've sent you a PM for the details I need for the online entry which I'll get done once I have them.
I've still got yours from the Waikerie one HP.

Let's hope I'm prime for this as I didn't waste a good shot the whole NSW champs trip.

Coopers Country
24th August 2016, 11:48 AM
Sent Hatch , I haven't hit a decent shot for 2 months but it doesn't mean i will be any good this week either

Chilled
24th August 2016, 11:53 AM
Done and done. Look forward to see CGC, never played there before. Mate was telling me to look out for the 4th par 4, 430meters??

Hard_Pan
24th August 2016, 11:57 AM
We're not going to win fellas, you know that? ;) Ha ha!

Looking forward to a fun bash with good company on a course I haven't played before.

Forecast is for damp conditions. Might get to try my rain gloves (yes, plural), out. :)

wazamac
24th August 2016, 01:40 PM
Sad Face. Have Fun

Hatchman
24th August 2016, 01:41 PM
Please note tee time is not correct on the Holden Scramble site.

Tee time is 10am not 11am. I've edited the OP.

The online rego for this one is disabled so I called them up. We are booked in.
I'll print and fill out a rego form with the details you've given me and well pay on the day.

Hard_Pan
24th August 2016, 02:18 PM
Thanks Hatch. See you there! :)

Hatchman
28th August 2016, 09:20 AM
Here now. As usual it's a quote cool in Clare.
Ive handed entry for in and paid.

Chilled
28th August 2016, 09:39 AM
Just arrived, looking like a lovely day.

highballin
28th August 2016, 09:40 AM
Good luck fellas. Hatchy getting a hamstring cramp halfway through backswing is a highlight I remember from one of the scrambles:lol:

Hatchman
28th August 2016, 10:39 AM
And we're off
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/0e5c95e4366298ee182803915fca3550.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/c6e245482186e55d0e4a66b014e22deb.jpg

Hatchman
28th August 2016, 01:15 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/d07cb9eed309e9fd1c268c2e9bb763dd.jpg

The shot off the mountain

Hatchman
28th August 2016, 03:47 PM
3under after 3, started giving them back after the 5th hole [emoji53]
Finished 1 under and in last place.

Chilled
28th August 2016, 07:15 PM
Fun day out guys, and good to meet a newy Coopers Country, will see you again on another outing.

Well that was a shambles! lol. We will need to go back next year to defend the bottom of the ladder :(

As above, we started in a blaze of glory and ended like a wet firecracker, it just didn't happen, too much choppin'. Clare not a bad course, you would want some sort of preferred lies, and way too many fade shots for my liking, so it will never really be one of my favs. But always good to see a new course, enjoyed the day out.

Hatchman
28th August 2016, 08:18 PM
Great company made for good day.
Thought we might be in for a good day for a change after the birdie, birdie, birdie start. CC's iron off the down hill lie into 17 and that 236m 3wood bullet onto green on the fly on 18 setting up an eagle putt were awesome shots.
Sadly I think that's where the highlight reel ended for the day ☹️.
We couldn't buy a putt (common scramble theme) and had to chip too many times after all missing greens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coopers Country
28th August 2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks for a great day out guy's great to meet HardPan and Chilled , and the Hatchman again . As always great company made up for the poor golf , at least we got the unofficial Naga ;)
Looking forward to the next hit guys , can't wait

wazamac
28th August 2016, 09:09 PM
Sounds like you had a great day apat from the chopping

Hard_Pan
28th August 2016, 09:18 PM
Likewise, appreciated the great company and a day that ended up being quite nice actually. Pity we couldn't maintain the momentum of such a great start, probably when the day was at its windiest too!

Oh well, maybe we're just building for the next one!?!?! I obviously left all my best chips and putts at NH. I promise to bring them with me next time. :)

Good to finally meet CC. Really looking forward to the next one too, mate!

Hard_Pan
28th August 2016, 09:26 PM
Sounds like you had a great day apat from the choppingThat sounds like it should be an Ozgolf motto waza... "A great day... apart from the chopping." It was a great day though and if we'd played this course before, I think we coulda dun betta.

Chilled
20th September 2016, 08:36 PM
Did the Murray Bridge Holden Scramble last sunday....nabbed 3rd place (out of 19) and we didn't even play that well :D Just four birds, the rest pars.

I actually really enjoyed MBGC....first time I've played the course and they have some really gorgeous scenic holes. The short par 4 through the tree gap to bunker laden big green surrounded by trees was a lovely hole.

http://www.holdenscramble.com.au/event#/competition/871233/results

Steve
20th September 2016, 08:41 PM
Is anyone else here going to the NQ regional finials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hatchman
20th September 2016, 09:24 PM
Is anyone else here going to the NQ regional finials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice one Steve, that's funny [emoji3]
I think we managed to finish last or at least in the bottom 3 in all of them [emoji849]

wazamac
20th September 2016, 09:31 PM
Did the Murray Bridge Holden Scramble last sunday....nabbed 3rd place (out of 19) and we didn't even play that well :D Just four birds, the rest pars.

I actually really enjoyed MBGC....first time I've played the course and they have some really gorgeous scenic holes. The short par 4 through the tree gap to bunker laden big green surrounded by trees was a lovely hole.

Par 68?

Hatchman
20th September 2016, 09:41 PM

The only good thing about Murray Bridge golf course is the road leading out of the car park.

Chilled
20th September 2016, 09:43 PM
Par 68?Good question! Absolutely no idea, but it did have quite a few par 3's so probably par 68 or thereabouts yep.

You're up Berri this weekend for the open?

Pity it wasn't the long weekend, I'll be up there playing probably Renmark and thinking about Waikerie also this time. Haven't played Waikerie yet.

wazamac
20th September 2016, 09:48 PM
Yep, and then The Dunes will be my last games before the Champs. Need to give my head a break as the black dog is nipping again and bad golf doesn't help.
Have to decide over the next week if I will continue the membership or not, will go and talk to them to see if I can get a sabbatical.

Chilled
20th September 2016, 09:56 PM
Have to decide over the next week if I will continue the membership or not, will go and talk to them to see if I can get a sabbatical.I'll have the Kooey membership forms with me next time we play.

Hard_Pan
20th September 2016, 10:29 PM
Good idea Chilled and I'll be sure to bring some NH membership forms. ;)

Hatchman
21st September 2016, 10:35 AM
Should I bring the eggs?

Waz, that doesn't sound good. Here to listen if you need?

Toxic
29th September 2016, 09:12 PM
Washed out at howlong 2 weekends ago.
Gutted as in the rain we were 5 under after 12.
Was a scene from the caddyshack with the priest in the rain!

Hatchman
29th September 2016, 09:52 PM
We're you gutted or guttered [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Toxic
30th September 2016, 04:14 AM
We're you gutted or guttered [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tell me you're here all week?I need to try the veal